A Dark Templar Announcement

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1298342143' post='2641262']
i am gonna make this simple for you. you started off with $10 and end up with $0. thus the dropped cone costs you $10. 10-10=0. i am simply incapable of being as illogical as this post.
[/quote]

Lord Brendan is actually quite right to only consider the marginal cost and not the sunk cost. Pursuing this line of argument is a distraction, given that the reps demanded by CSN are excessive in their own right ;)

Admittedly, the constant changes in CSN's arguments must make direct rebuttal challenging.

[quote name='TypoNinja' timestamp='1298337297' post='2641181']
Which is related at all how?

See nonsensical posts like this is why the persistent image of incompetence lingers around you guys.
[/quote]
Persistent image of incompetence? Who holds this image? Anyone relevant, or is it just you and the stooges in CSN and GOD?

For the second time, I would like to explain to you that it boggles my mind how a member of an alliance that was once crushed by tyrannical powers who were overcome by greed and power can support similar tyranny today. Does this make sense?

[quote name='Sir Humphrey' timestamp='1298344374' post='2641295']
Admittedly, the constant changes in CSN's arguments must make direct rebuttal challenging.
[/quote]
Well, imagine arguing with someone who said that our attack on Legacy is the reason we need to pay reps . . . then all of a sudden they're protecting LoSS from Titan's evil words and the ally that came to their defense secretly wants them to die. It'd be funny if it wasn't so pathetic.
Oh, and then they go beating their chests about war stats. This thread isn't about who is doing damage and how much, it's about finding a reasonable peace. Also known as white peace.

[quote name='Xiao Weng' timestamp='1298330741' post='2641054']
Sounds like they were in talks then, if they told Goose that.

But no, keep on doing your side the favors you are.
[/quote]
Herp to the Derp?

CSN: "LoSS will you guys white peace out?
LoSS: "Not until TIO leaves"
TIO: "Were not leaving yet"
Talks over?
I don't see how talks were still going on?

[quote name='Supa_Troop3r' timestamp='1298345158' post='2641303']
Herp to the Derp?

CSN: "LoSS will you guys white peace out?
LoSS: "Not until TIO leaves"
TIO: "Were not leaving yet"
Talks over?
I don't see how talks were still going on?
[/quote]
BUT THEY WERE IN THE SAME CHANNEL.
THAT MEANS THAT THEY HAVE A DE FACTO NAP WITH THE WORLD!!1!!!one!!!

[quote name='Krashnaia' timestamp='1298342307' post='2641266']
Free advice for the day:

Sun Tzu said:
"[i]Don't mind your beard when your head is about to be taken[/i]".

Applied to your current situation, it would mean:
"[i]Don't mind about dropping the cone when you have dropped the soap[/i]".

(yep, it's a cheap joke, but you have been calling for it with all that stretching the cone issue)
[/quote]

yup, par for course. i am not trying to stretch anything. i am trying to show Brendan that he is wrong and that by dropping the cone, it costs him $10 not $5.

but it appears that ya'll be getting free lessons from Penkala, so have fun.

[quote name='TypoNinja' timestamp='1298337297' post='2641181']
Which is related at all how?

See nonsensical posts like this is why the persistent image of incompetence lingers around you guys.
[i][b](appeal to ridicule)[/b][/i]
[/quote]

Still flinging about those logical fallacies, eh Typo?

[quote name='Jocabia' timestamp='1298341126' post='2641238']
But we're not talking about a single nation. We're talking about the entire alliance losing 20% in 6 days. Besides, he claimed he was growing.
[/quote]
You were in the comment I replied to. I take it you're admitting you were exagerrating by the fact that you tried to change the topic.

[quote]i am gonna make this simple for you. you started off with $10 and end up with $0. thus the dropped cone costs you $10. 10-10=0. i am simply incapable of being as illogical as this post. [/quote]
You were spending $5 before you ever dropped the cone, therefore the most it can cost you is what you have left ($5). The failure in your logic is that you seem to think you lost $10 and got a dropped cone. You are forgetting you also have the cone you spent the last $5 on.

Edited by The Great One

[quote name='Joe Izuzu' timestamp='1298346935' post='2641339']
Still flinging about those logical fallacies, eh Typo?
[/quote]

No in this case it's topical, he and those like him, attract ridicule for posting nonsensical statements.

Sort of like you, beware the dangers of copying your ideas from a reference material you may end up misapplying them.

One who acts silly, attracts ridicule. This isn't a logical fallacy, rather a straight forward cause and effect.

For bonus points figure out which logical fallacy you used by incorrectly claiming I had used one!

[quote name='TypoNinja' timestamp='1298347319' post='2641346']
No in this case it's topical, he and those like him, attract ridicule for posting nonsensical statements.

Sort of like you, beware the dangers of copying your ideas from a reference material you may end up misapplying them.

One who acts silly, attracts ridicule. This isn't a logical fallacy, rather a straight forward cause and effect.

For bonus points figure out which logical fallacy you used by incorrectly claiming I had used one!
[/quote]
So, what nonsensical statements did I post and who ridicules me? (Other than you, of course)

[quote name='mmansfield68' timestamp='1298342142' post='2641261']
Probably the "classiest" move of all was Gibsonator "hacking" your forums to create a phantom OOC attack.

What's next? Clowns? Nevermind, you're already present and accounted for. :wacko:
[/quote]
Yes, it was Gibsonator. It was right after he left the grassy knoll. And right before he finished his research at Area 51.

[quote name='The Great One' timestamp='1298347006' post='2641341']
You were in the comment I replied to. I take it you're admitting you were exagerrating by the fact that you tried to change the topic.

You were spending $5 before you ever dropped the cone, therefore the most it can cost you is what you have left ($5). The failure in your logic is that you seem to think you lost $10 and got a dropped cone. You are forgetting you also have the cone you spent the last $5 on.
[/quote]
I'm not exaggerating. Their entire AA is getting their butts kicked. As is he.

I do love when we're talking about DT the best the trolls can accomplish is pointing out that maybe one of them isn't getting their butt kicked that badly. Man, you sure showed me.

[/quote]
No no no, you do lose $10. If you have a cone to begin with, that costs $5, then you drop it, to get a new one you must again, spend $5.

$10
-$5
[u]-$5[/u]
$0

[quote name="Jacobia"]I'm not exaggerating. Their entire AA is getting their butts kicked. As is he.

I do love when we're talking about DT the best the trolls can accomplish is pointing out that maybe one of them isn't getting their butt kicked that badly. Man, you sure showed me. [/quote]
See that's where you're wrong. CSN has taken way more of a beating in the time DT has been at war with them than DT has after it got blitzed by CSN. CSN is on the losing side of this war, because DT knows how to fight, you guys don't. Yeah you have maybe 10 nations that can clean house, we got 49.

Becareful what you discuss, I've been warned for calling someone a troll before....

Edited by Fort Pitt

[quote name='Fort Pitt' timestamp='1298347938' post='2641360']
No no no, you do lose $10. If you have a cone to begin with, that costs $5, then you drop it, to get a new one you must again, spend $5.

$10
-$5
[u]-$5[/u]
$0

See that's where you're wrong. CSN has taken way more of a beating in the time DT has been at war with them than DT has after it got blitzed by CSN. CSN is on the losing side of this war, because DT knows how to fight, you guys don't. Yeah you have maybe 10 nations that can clean house, we got 49.

Becareful what you discuss, I've been warned for calling someone a troll before....
[/quote]

Actually, from what I've been told (I haven't fought one of you guys yet :( ), the same goes for you guys. You have about five or ten nations who know what they're doing, the rest all just get trashed. Including your number one guy spending his entire 2bill war chest on tech, only to get destroyed and now being below 50mill.

[quote name='mmansfield68' timestamp='1298341971' post='2641256']
In terms of foreign affairs, you couln't carry Myworld's jock. He's forgotten more about FA than you will ever know.

Your alliance's posture in the last few days (i.e. trying to create an inconcievable wedge between DT and LoSS, [b]not happening[/b]) shows just exactly how desperate you are.

Desperation is a stinky cologne.
[/quote]
Myworld asked me to carry his jock. It was huge. That's why I've been working out so much lately. But maybe some day I'll learn how to "help" LoSS by taking them from white peace to perpetual war. And one day, after I've been carrying myworld's jock for a while, maybe, just maybe, I can negotiate my way into costing my alliance 8K NS from every single nation in my AA in just 6 days. If the goal of foreign affairs is to turn peace into an alliance in ruins, then he's an awesome, awesome FA. Admittedly, he sure has taught us a lesson on the OWF that by whining about how unfairly you've been treated you can manage to prove that in a world where everyone has chosen sides, that the people who have chosen sides tend to support their sides. It was quite the lesson in foreign affairs. I have on more than one occasion suggested myworld should teach a class. I take it you agree.

But I will give you this. He has forgotten more about FA than I will ever know. Or at least that appears to be the case.

[quote name='Gibsonator21' timestamp='1298348309' post='2641368']
Actually, from what I've been told (I haven't fought one of you guys yet :( ), the same goes for you guys. You have about five or ten nations who know what they're doing, the rest all just get trashed. Including your number one guy spending his entire 2bill war chest on tech, only to get destroyed and now being below 50mill.
[/quote]

He was our number 1 guy? Nay I say, I am always number 1 in DT. always.

[quote name='Fort Pitt' timestamp='1298347938' post='2641360']

$10
-$5
[u]-$5[/u]
$0

[/quote]

CSN is fighting on more than one front. It's amusing that DT wants to push this "yeah, but we were winning at one point" argument.

For a while more than half DT's nations were in peace mode. It was all their largest nations. Now that it's an all out brawl, which it became on the 15th, the damage to DT has been unbelievable. At the current pace, DT won't be have anything but tech left in a few weeks. 8K per nation in 6 days. And no one is going back to peace mode. We're not allowing it. We get to choose our targets. We get to keep them in anarchy. We decide when it's over.

And, DT, the amazing war-making alliance you're so proud of, fought CSN for 6 days before they came to us willing to surrender. A couple days later they offered to pay 30K in reps just to get out of the war. Seems that even the gov of DT didn't consider DT to be capable of beating us. All the rest is just bluster.

[quote name='AuiNur' timestamp='1298348529' post='2641372']
He was our number 1 guy? Nay I say, I am always number 1 in DT. always.
[/quote]
Ha. I'd say after having watched you fight, I'll straight up say you've done quite well. If we're talking about war-making the best combination I've seen is 907 and Runt. So much that we've avoided letting them fight together anymore. They kicked the living crap out of me.

But I'll give you that you're at least in the top three. :P

[quote name='Jocabia' timestamp='1298348471' post='2641371']
Myworld asked me to carry his jock. It was huge. That's why I've been working out so much lately. But maybe some day I'll learn how to "help" LoSS by taking them from white peace to perpetual war. And one day, after I've been carrying myworld's jock for a while, maybe, just maybe, I can negotiate my way into costing my alliance 8K NS from every single nation in my AA in just 6 days. If the goal of foreign affairs is to turn peace into an alliance in ruins, then he's an awesome, awesome FA. Admittedly, he sure has taught us a lesson on the OWF that by whining about how unfairly you've been treated you can manage to prove that in a world where everyone has chosen sides, that the people who have chosen sides tend to support their sides. It was quite the lesson in foreign affairs. I have on more than one occasion suggested myworld should teach a class. I take it you agree.

But I will give you this. He has forgotten more about FA than I will ever know. Or at least that appears to be the case.
[/quote]
You must be a complete noob when it comes to war. One nuke at the medium-large size nations kills off 8k NS.

[quote name='Jocabia' timestamp='1298348889' post='2641377']
CSN is fighting on more than one front. It's amusing that DT wants to push this "yeah, but we were winning at one point" argument.

For a while more than half DT's nations were in peace mode. It was all their largest nations. Now that it's an all out brawl, which it became on the 15th, the damage to DT has been unbelievable. At the current pace, DT won't be have anything but tech left in a few weeks. 8K per nation in 6 days. And no one is going back to peace mode. We're not allowing it. We get to choose our targets. We get to keep them in anarchy. We decide when it's over.

And, DT, the amazing war-making alliance you're so proud of, fought CSN for 6 days before they came to us willing to surrender. A couple days later they offered to pay 30K in reps just to get out of the war. Seems that even the gov of DT didn't consider DT to be capable of beating us. All the rest is just bluster.
[/quote]
Yeah, well DT is also fighting on more than one front. DT is outnumbered about 3.5:1. DT is still winning the war, because you're losing at a higher ratio than we are.

We rotated peace mode, not stayed there. It wasn't our largest nations, it was about half and half. Yes it's a brawl. CSN has lost more per nation than DT has since it became a brawl. CSN is going to perish.

You're a $%&@tard. Learn to read and read the Goddammed OP, CSN offered DT a way out by 40k tech, we turned it down, we negotiated, CSN said no. DT isn't here because we hated CSN, but to help our ALLY.

You're helping paint a giant target on your back. In a few months, you'll be begging for peace and it wont come. Ever. Enjoy hell.

[quote name='Gibsonator21' timestamp='1298348835' post='2641375']
Always? D:
[/quote]

[quote name='Jocabia' timestamp='1298349015' post='2641378']
Ha. I'd say after having watched you fight, I'll straight up say you've done quite well. If we're talking about war-making the best combination I've seen is 907 and Runt. So much that we've avoided letting them fight together anymore. They kicked the living crap out of me.

But I'll give you that you're at least in the top three. :P
[/quote]

Yes, always. in terms of awesomeness and awesomeness. number 1, always.

And in my arrogance, I would say that the combination of (Thepromisedland and I) are by far superior than the combination of (907 and Runt), but thats because like I said before, I am number 1, always.

In all seriousness though, enough with the "we are doing more damage than you guys are lolol" from both alliances. Honestly, who cares? Both alliances are fighting to the death, and I dare say that both alliances are putting up a helluva fight. Just relax and rack up the casualties while you still can. ;)

- A message from AuiNur, number 1, always.

Edited by AuiNur

[/quote]

the failure in your logic is that you assume i think that you don't get a second cone. fact is, instead of spending $5 you have now spent $10 total. $5 for the original and $5 for the replacement. that is $10 no matter how you cut it. so, because you dropped the first cone, you had to buy the second cone. if you had not dropped the first cone, you would not have had to spend money to buy a second one. it seriously is not that hard.