Name that War! Poll

Ryan Greenberg

Name that War! Poll  

448 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

CN Holocaust is a terrible name, not because of a perceived lack of respect, but because it is in no way specific to this war. Every major war has hundreds of millions of soldiers dying, the casualty count is probably highest in this war, but the next war will inevitably be bigger simply due to the strength inflation in this game. What will we call the next war? The Bigger CN Holocaust? It's an idiotic name.

I would even prefer something like the "Everything Must Die" War because it references something specific to this war. Although it's a bad title too, it's wordy and specific to one side, which is a bad idea.

This is why people are so annoyed when everyone keeps trying to call each big war "Great War" X. If we call every war a Great War, no one will every remember what you're talking about. GW1, 2, and 3 only work because they refer to essentially one conflict and were the first major wars CN had really seen. Names like "The Unjust War" are best because no side takes offense to them and it's clear what war is being referred to.

Edited by Shodemofi

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Duncan King' timestamp='1297375740' post='2628342']
CN Holocaust is deeply offensive, I hope this name isn't chosen.
[/quote]
I agree that it probably isn't the best name for a war. I just knew it was very popular and a lot of people call it that.

Edited by Ryan Greenberg

[quote name='Ryan Greenberg' timestamp='1297375888' post='2628345']
I agree that it probably isn't the best name for a war. I just knew it was very popular and a lot of people call it that.
[/quote]

In honor of your signature im going to vote. Lie you Die :P

BTW CN Holocaust is an offensive name. I am appalled so many have chosen it compared to the others.

[quote name='Carnoly' timestamp='1297377384' post='2628370']
BTW CN Holocaust is an offensive name. I am appalled so many have chosen it compared to the others.
[/quote]

It's sort of a meme, since someone used to go around yelling that MK will bring the CN Holocaust upon the world and destroy everyone. But it's inaccurate in that the CN Holocaust is what happens after there's no more NPO.

[color="#FFFFFF"]i am kidding[/color]

[quote name='leprecon' timestamp='1297297862' post='2627423']
Did you hear what happened to that abandoned house? Man, it was a total holocaust.
That holocaust was apparently started by a group of campers who weren't careful.

Get your head out of your ass. You know what holocaust means and it's contemporary usage. Nobody gives a damn that the word holocaust used to refer to destruction by fire. If I say "My grandfather died in a holocaust" Not a single soul on this planet will say "Oh, wasn't he careful when he lit his fireplace?" Everybody will know what it means because we all know what the holocaust is. Or would you rather forget it so you can play your little game of being the victim? I don't care. You can be all sad and pathetic, and I will pretend to care about you. I will call your cause just and your leaders shining beacons of excellence, just don't trivialise the holocaust.

You know exactly what I mean and trying to e-lawyer your way out of it just shows your lack of respect.
[/quote]
Chill. There are plenty of ways in modern literature, screenplay, and culture that have that word associated with it. A nuclear holocaust for example would occur if several nations started launching nuclear weapons around the planet. This is obviously something that strikes a personal chord with you, and if you lost someone you care about I'm sorry to hear that but don't try and bite someone's head off for being factual. Take a step back, take a deep breath and calm down. Yes, it is a word with loaded connotation, but that doesn't mean it isn't globally recognized for its other definitions too. We all know that the Holocaust happened, and it was awful, but we all know that the word has other meanings too.

And I don't have the slightest clue where you're getting at with the second part of your post.

I don't mind the Everything Must Die name for the war, but remove the "war" part in the end. It sounds better as Everything Must Die, instead of Everything Must Die War. The war is implied -_-