Announcement from The Order of the Paradox

[quote name='ROMMELHSQ' timestamp='1297097290' post='2624105']
You kind answered that yourself (even if not totally accurate). Do you want us to attack IRON then?

oh, and MK didn't ask for our help there.
[/quote]

MK asked TOP for help with TSI and 64 Digits? :blink:

[quote name='Chalaskan' timestamp='1297100109' post='2624180']
LMAO! I don't even know what to say...Polaris preaching on how to do FA. Realize we base treaties on friendships, and stand by those friends. MK kinda does the same, and has similar FA goals.[/quote]

If you and MK had similar FA goals, then why did you end up fighting them in BiPolar?

[quote name='HellAngel' timestamp='1297102664' post='2624236']
MK were in power long before we actually allied them. We spent a lot of nukes trying to change that fact, if i might refresh your memory.
[/quote]

Yes, this whole MK & TOP are best friends now is weird to see, considering how much vitriol was spewed in TOP's direction from MK & friends from post-Karma to Bipolar. When you chose to attack them in BiPolar it seemd like a logical thing, though I believe the official version now is that TOP was completely paranoid and MK & friends had nothing but their best interests at heart, it was all a great big misunderstanding! :o

[quote name='memoryproblems' timestamp='1297109157' post='2624399']
This is an alliance that attempted to seize power by pre-empting the C&G bloc, and when that failed, fell into the old [b]"if you can't beat them, join them"[/b] style of play and became best buddies with MK.
[/quote]

I was going to use that bolded part myself but you beat me to it.

Why is it I am suddenly get the same vibe form MK-TOP as NPO-Legion after they defeated them? (I know that second event is actually before my time, but the older people here have brought up that situation too many times to count.)

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='memoryproblems' timestamp='1297109157' post='2624399']
Kinda like how TPF attacked you first too, by hitting your MDoAP partner, after you hit their MADP partner, which by your [i]logic[/i] was not an attack on them?

If you want to go by that logic of "an attack on my allies is an attack on me", or some variation of such, by hitting NPO, you (and GOONS) hit TPF, and by launching attacks against them when they did not enter a state of war against you, ML can't consider that an attack against them?

I wish that you'd think these things through a little more.
[/quote]
What I'm saying is that you can't say we literally attacked ML by attacking TPF. It's like saying you've attacked The International and all of its allies by attacking GOONS, because an attack on GOONS is an attack on =LOST= which is an attack on all of CnG etc.
Sure ML can consider our attack on TPF an attack on them but it doesn't trigger ML's defensive treaties to outside alliances, meaning Duckroll, which is what I think Weirdgus claims to have happened. We attacked TPF and ML has every right to come to their defence as their treaty dictates, but you can't seriously claim we've triggered all of ML's other MDPs too.

[quote name='Weirdgus' timestamp='1297116155' post='2624521']
It doesn't work like that? MK didn't even have the decency to actually post a declaration of war before attacking TPF and you're trying to convince me that MK itself needed "defensive protection" from their allies in ToP?

Trying to convince me that white is actually black, much?
[/quote]
It doesn't work like that, as in we haven't triggered Duckroll or any other outside treaties ML has by attacking TPF.
MK not posting a DoW has nothing to do with this. We'd be just as much at war with TPF if we had posted a DoW as we are now.

Edited by Lord Gobb

[quote name='Mirreille' timestamp='1297116299' post='2624523']
MK asked TOP for help with TSI and 64 Digits? :blink:

[b]
If you and MK had similar FA goals, then why did you end up fighting them in BiPolar?[/b]

Yes, this whole MK & TOP are best friends now is weird to see, considering how much vitriol was spewed in TOP's direction from MK & friends from post-Karma to Bipolar. When you chose to attack them in BiPolar it seemd like a logical thing, though I believe the official version now is that TOP was completely paranoid and MK & friends had nothing but their best interests at heart, it was all a great big misunderstanding! :o

I was going to use that bolded part myself but you beat me to it.

Why is it I am suddenly get the same vibe form MK-TOP as NPO-Legion after they defeated them? (I know that second event is actually before my time, but the older people here have brought up that situation too many times to count.)
[/quote]

Not had...[b]have[/b], one is past tense the other is present. That should answer the question by itself.

[quote name='Lord Gobb' timestamp='1297116836' post='2624534']
It doesn't work like that, as in we haven't triggered Duckroll or any other outside treaties ML has by attacking TPF.
MK not posting a DoW has nothing to do with this. We'd be just as much at war with TPF if we had posted a DoW as we are now.
[/quote]

lol of course this has everything to do with you attacking TPF. THIS THREAD HAS EVERYTHING TO DO WITH THAT, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD.

First of all, TPFs allies declare on you, after your very own (late) recognition of aggressive hostility against TPF. After that, your puppy-lapdogs (TOP) obey their masters' whips and subsequently declare war on the very same allies that entered in defense of TPF(that's the OP in this thread in case you haven't noticed).

Is it all that hard to grasp ?

[quote name='Weirdgus' timestamp='1297118019' post='2624555']
lol of course this has everything to do with you attacking TPF. THIS THREAD HAS EVERYTHING TO DO WITH THAT, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD.

First of all, TPFs allies declare on you, after your very own (late) recognition of aggressive hostility against TPF. After that, your puppy-lapdogs (TOP) obey their masters' whips and subsequently declare war on the very same allies that entered in defense of TPF(that's the OP in this thread in case you haven't noticed).

[/quote]

Whoof!

Just for clarification they don't feed and water us :(...we know how to get beer out of the fridge and twinkies are left on the counter. Such poor masters they are. Now we are all fat and bald laying on our backs scratching our nards til the say attack.

It's funny how we were NPO's lapdogs, then IRON was ours, then we are MK's. To be honest the only one of these memes that has any semblance of truth would be NPO. That won't be happening again.

I have always respected TOP even if others have not, dating way back to the citadel days. While I find it unfortunate that they have chosen to be on the opposing side of the conflict, I still wish them good luck.

[quote name='Lord Gobb' timestamp='1297116697' post='2624531']
What I'm saying is that you can't say we literally attacked ML by attacking TPF. It's like saying you've attacked The International and all of its allies by attacking GOONS, because an attack on GOONS is an attack on =LOST= which is an attack on all of CnG etc.
Sure ML can consider our attack on TPF an attack on them but it doesn't trigger ML's defensive treaties to outside alliances, meaning Duckroll, which is what I think Weirdgus claims to have happened. We attacked TPF and ML has every right to come to their defence as their treaty dictates, but you can't seriously claim we've triggered all of ML's other MDPs too.
[/quote]

But at the same time, I've been reading alot of MK people saying that whoever hit GOONS effectively hit MK, and as such can hit them back "defensively".

If your going to use that standard, it goes both ways.

[quote name='Weirdgus' timestamp='1297118019' post='2624555']

[/quote]
I said "MK not posting a DoW has nothing to do with this."

What the hell are we even arguing about here. With my first post I just clarified that MK didn't attack ML first, but it was the other way around and now you're ranting and raving about puppydogs and whips.

We attacked TPF. Because of that ML and everyone else now attacked us. Because of that TOP attacked them. I've not once claimed otherwise, I only wanted to clarify who attacked who first in the MK/Umb-ML case.

[quote name='Vladimir Stukov II' timestamp='1297101015' post='2624194']
We did end up making the HUGE power move of allying OMFG after fighting them during Karma. It has nothing to do with the fact that war is a great chance to get to know the alliances you are at war with.
[/quote]

OMFG are an awesome alliance. <3

Oh, yeah, war. [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwdnNyySDLI]Falalalan[/url]. Let's have fun.

[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1297106715' post='2624342']
They would have jumped in a lot sooner had NPO's friends not hid their upper tiers in peace mode and only attacked GOONS.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Oh cut it, TOP's trademark (at least since Crymson joined) has always been to do as little as possible for its allies as to avoid damaging itself. If it takes any damage, it loses its appeal as an ally. People want TOP for its upper tier, and not for its winning personality and appeal. The only time TOP ever fully commits is when it has its own agenda to push (see BiPolar, it hit CnG for its own reasons, not that I agree with or justify Polar's betrayal of most the alliances on that side).[/color]

[quote name='memoryproblems' timestamp='1297118713' post='2624579']
But at the same time, I've been reading alot of MK people saying that whoever hit GOONS effectively hit MK, and as such can hit them back "defensively".

If your going to use that standard, it goes both ways.
[/quote]
Good grief, I've literally no idea who've been saying that. I'm pretty sure, though, that they don't mean that by hitting GOONS you activate our defence clause with TOP, which is what I understood Weirdgus was claiming irt TPF, ML and Duckroll.

[quote name='Lord Gobb' timestamp='1297118820' post='2624582']
I said "MK not posting a DoW has nothing to do with this."

What the hell are we even arguing about here. With my first post I just clarified that MK didn't attack ML first, but it was the other way around and now you're ranting and raving about puppydogs and whips.

We attacked TPF. Because of that ML and everyone else now attacked us. Because of that TOP attacked them. I've not once claimed otherwise, I only wanted to clarify who attacked who first in the MK/Umb-ML case.
[/quote]

I never referenced your attacks on ML, nor did TOP actually DoW ML (perhaps out of the very cowardice referenced earlier, that they'd perhaps upset the rest of Duckroll).

And like I said time and again in the "MK/Umb-ML" case it was MK who attacked first by attacking TPF, but I guess we can agree to disagree on that one, I don't feel the need to impose my own point of view on your kind.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1297119283' post='2624598']
[color="#0000FF"]Oh cut it, TOP's trademark (at least since Crymson joined) has always been to do as little as possible for its allies as to avoid damaging itself. If it takes any damage, it loses its appeal as an ally. People want TOP for its upper tier, and not for its winning personality and appeal. The only time TOP ever fully commits is when it has its own agenda to push (see BiPolar, it hit CnG for its own reasons, not that I agree with or justify Polar's betrayal of most the alliances on that side).[/color]
[/quote]
The only war you could possibly apply this too was Karma, and that one is debatable. But even if I grant you that for the sake of argument, that is ONE war, not enough to establish a pattern. *To clarify my position, I consider their nuke policy in that war not to be pixel saving but just an outdated (but before that not uncommon) policy on nuclear weapons.*

As for why MK likes TOP, we wouldn't think anything less of them if their upper tier was taken apart while fighting with us. One of the reasons we allied each other was the fun we had beating each other to a pulp in the last war. We know we both enjoy war and are good at it. If "infra=loving" could have been attributed to TOP, that tendency died in the last war.

[quote name='Weirdgus' timestamp='1297119446' post='2624601']
I never referenced your attacks on ML, nor did TOP actually DoW ML (perhaps out of the very cowardice referenced earlier, that they'd perhaps upset the rest of Duckroll).
[/quote]
Or perhaps they don't want to attack an ally of one of their closest allies.

And like I said time and again in the "MK/Umb-ML" case it was MK who attacked first by attacking TPF, but I guess we can agree to disagree on that one, I don't feel the need to impose my own point of view on your kind.
[/quote]
I'm fine with agreeing to disagree.

[b]I never referenced your attacks on ML, nor did TOP actually DoW ML (perhaps out of the very cowardice referenced earlier, that they'd perhaps upset the rest of Duckroll)[/b].

[/quote]

Try respect for IRON ;). Some alliances still have that for their allies, it's a novel concept, hopefully your alliance learns it some day.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1297119283' post='2624598']
[/quote]

Iam probably speaking to a wall but you do realise that the evil crymson is not in gov...? Please...

[quote name='Simon De Montfort' timestamp='1297119841' post='2624611']
RV you seem upset. Here have a platypus.

[IMG]http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/SimonDeMontfort/platypusheld.jpg[/IMG]
[/quote]
That looks tasty. Almost as good as babies and tears.

[quote name='Locke' timestamp='1297119968' post='2624616']
That looks tasty. Almost as good as babies and tears.
[/quote]
I'm your huckleberry.

[IMG]http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/SimonDeMontfort/DocHoliday.jpg[/IMG]

PS (I have 3 open defensive slots)

Edited by Simon De Montfort

[quote name='Chalaskan' timestamp='1297119764' post='2624609']
Try respect for IRON ;). Some alliances still have that for their allies, it's a novel concept, hopefully your alliance learns it some day.
[/quote]

lol@ the concept of respect coming from a TOP lapdog.

How about the notion of respect applying to all the alliances you're DoWing now, you know the very same alliances that went to burn in your defense in BiPolar...where has your respect gone in this case?

Please, keep your pathetic justifications to yourself.

Edited by Weirdgus

[quote name='Weirdgus' timestamp='1297120177' post='2624621']

How about the notion of respect applying to all the alliances you're DoWing now, you know the very same alliances that went to burn in your defense in BiPolar...where has your respect gone in this case?

[/quote]

It's not our fault that people kept their ties to NpO even after they got crucified by them. And we need not justify anything to a NPO drone. Sorry.

[quote name='Weirdgus' timestamp='1297120177' post='2624621']

[/quote]
You're right the NPO would never do anything like that.

Oh hey VE how you doin?