Celestial Being Declaration

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='maskofblue' timestamp='1296710483' post='2617154']
Whether we agree with the Doomhouse - NPO declaration or not is immaterial, it has nothing to do with this front of the war. We support VE and their reasons, what Doomhouse does is their business.
[/quote]
I can't tell if you think I'm really that stupid or you actually buy that line.

So 3/6 of Pandora's Box declare war on NpO. Then while the conflict is in progress, 2/6 of of PB declare war on NPO, in a thread which opens with the line "The New Polar Order and her myriad allies have gone to great lengths to protect a single alliance from damage in this latest global calamity." Essentially acknowledging right there that PB anticipated going to war with NPO as a part of "this latest global calamity," and is now forcing the issue since certain defensive treaties haven't yet brought them in.

And you're going to sit there and tell me these two fronts have nothing to do with each other?

Even if PB somehow had zero communication between the DH members and the rest, if you're fighting on the VE side of the Polar front, then you're fighting alongside 4 members of PB, and PB comprises 2/3 of DH.

[quote name='Prodigal Moon' timestamp='1296738564' post='2617663']
I can't tell if you think I'm really that stupid or you actually buy that line.

So 3/6 of Pandora's Box declare war on NpO. Then while the conflict is in progress, 2/6 of of PB declare war on NPO, in a thread which opens with the line "The New Polar Order and her myriad allies have gone to great lengths to protect a single alliance from damage in this latest global calamity." Essentially acknowledging right there that PB anticipated going to war with NPO as a part of "this latest global calamity," and is now forcing the issue since certain defensive treaties haven't yet brought them in.

And you're going to sit there and tell me these two fronts have nothing to do with each other?

Even if PB somehow had zero communication between the DH members and the rest, if you're fighting on the VE side of the Polar front, then you're fighting alongside 4 members of PB, and PB comprises 2/3 of DH.
[/quote]

The only people we consider ourselves to be alongside with are VE and Misfit Nations, though for MoB it would be CB and VE. Just because we are on the same side does not mean we agree with their reasons for war, but we will not refuse to help our ally and friend just because their ally has attacked someone else.

And yes, MoB properly called it a "front" because 2 sides are clearly fighting against each other (except for crazy folk like RIA) and we're on the front with our ally VE, not on the one supporting DH's actions.

[quote name='LittleRena' timestamp='1296707780' post='2617027']
Mistfit Nations must be getting desperate if they need [i]another[/i] alliance to attack KoH though.

Can you say [i]desperate[/i]?
[/quote]
This. Misfit gets rolled by KoH, so they call on VE and Celestial Being for help. LOL this makes me proud to have KoH as a protectorate.

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1296738860' post='2617670']
The only people we consider ourselves to be alongside with are VE and Misfit Nations, though for MoB it would be CB and VE. Just because we are on the same side does not mean we agree with their reasons for war, but we will not refuse to help our ally and friend just because their ally has attacked someone else.

And yes, MoB properly called it a "front" because 2 sides are clearly fighting against each other (except for crazy folk like RIA) and we're on the front with our ally VE, not on the one supporting DH's actions.
[/quote]
I guess you're free to consider your actions however you want, but it doesn't change the objective reality that you are directly supporting the efforts of PB and DH by fighting against KoH. Everyone in this war/web is connected, and actions have consequences for the whole web. Not in some kind of abstract chaos theory way, but in a very concrete and predictable way.

[quote name='mompson' timestamp='1296752111' post='2617837']
This. Misfit gets rolled by KoH, so they call on VE and Celestial Being for help. LOL this makes me proud to have KoH as a protectorate.
[/quote]

You can spin this however you want, however I dont remember getting rolled. We took an uneven war(2v1, I know a lot of people here are bad at math and are thinking KoH and NpO vs Misfits was a 1v1 between KoH and Misfits, but we can let that go for now) and made it even(2v2 by adding our Protector). Then CB gets bored and wants some targets. Since KoH has dropped to low for some of our nations to attack we figured we would let our friends have some fun.

We are not desperate, we were just taught to share our toys. Not once did we run to an ally and/or friend and say "Come Help!!!!!!". Each time they came to us wanting to close down a front faster and get a few more targets of their own. I see nothing wrong with that.

Frankly the only thing I see that has me disturbed is the strange thought that war is fair, and that the strength of an alliance is all in its troops. War is fought to win, there is nothing fair about it, and the strength of an alliance is in the troops it can bring to the front AND the allies that come along with it. We cant help that we are just militarily better prepared(hows <1m in 1/2 of your WCs treating you KoH?) and politically better connected that KoH and the talking mouths in this place have nothing better to do but complain about "Its not fair" or "because they wont fight you 2v1 or fairly then they are desperate". War is not fair, never has been, never will be. Get over it.

Edited by Frodark

[quote name='Frodark' timestamp='1296753403' post='2617863']
You can spin this however you want, however I dont remember getting rolled. [b]We took an uneven war(2v1, I know a lot of people here are bad at math and are thinking KoH and NpO vs Misfits was a 1v1 between KoH and Misfits, but we can let that go for now) and made it even(2v2 by adding our Protector)[/b]. Then CB gets bored and wants some targets. [b]Since KoH has dropped to low for some of our nations to attack we figured we would let our friends have some fun.[/b]
[/quote]
Guess how many wars there were between NpO and Misfit? Two. I know you guys are a small alliance, but are you really going to argue that it was uneaven because of two wars? By adding VE you pretty much did nothing. There were nine between VE and KoH. So it's pretty much still even. You "making it even" was you realizing, "Oh crap, KoH is stronger then we thought" and running to mommy VE. As for your second statement, LOL! Of your alliance's 22 nations, 20 of them are under 20k NS. KoH has 24 nations under 20k. That is plenty of targets to pick from.

[quote]
[b]We are not desperate, we were just taught to share our toys.[/b] Not once did we run to an ally and/or friend and say "Come Help!!!!!!". Each time they came to us wanting to close down a front faster and get a few more targets of their own. I see nothing wrong with that.
[/quote]
Your "toys" that caused you to lose roughly 1/3 of your NS?

[quote]
Frankly the only thing I see that has me disturbed is the strange thought that war is fair, and that the strength of an alliance is all in its troops. War is fought to win, there is nothing fair about it, and the strength of an alliance is in the troops it can bring to the front AND the allies that come along with it. We cant help that we are just militarily better prepared([b]hows >1m in 1/2 of your WCs treating you KoH?[/b]) and politically better connected that KoH and the talking mouths in this place have nothing better to do but complain about "Its not fair" or "because they wont fight you 2v1 or fairly then they are desperate". War is not fair, never has been, never will be. Get over it.
[/quote]
No one is saying this is unfair. We just think it's funny that you have to call on three different alliances to take out an alliance of 28 nations. Also, you might want to check what you write. > means [i]more than[/i] ;). It looks like you're complimenting KoH on keeping their WCs above 1 million when it's 3 v.s. 1.

Regards, Mompson
\o/
|
/\
KoH and Polaris

[quote name='mompson' timestamp='1296756318' post='2617907']
Guess how many wars there were between NpO and Misfit? Two. I know you guys are a small alliance, but are you really going to argue that it was uneaven because of two wars? By adding VE you pretty much did nothing. There were nine between VE and KoH. So it's pretty much still even. You "making it even" was you realizing, "Oh crap, KoH is stronger then we thought" and running to mommy VE. As for your second statement, LOL! Of your alliance's 22 nations, 20 of them are under 20k NS. KoH has 24 nations under 20k. That is plenty of targets to pick from.
[/quote]

Actually there were a few more than that. At the time of KoH's declaration we had 6 nations in war with NpO(some of which who had 2 nations on their war screen), thats 4 more than were in war when KoH started complaining about VE having to come in.
As for your second statement, guess I just need to sell infra to find those "plenty of targets".

[quote]
Your "toys" that caused you to lose roughly 1/3 of your NS?
[/quote]

Nukes will do that...to bad they cant keep it up.
That loss due to nukes is not something that is horrible. Especially when 10 of those nukes were thrown by NpO nations not KoH.

[quote]
No one is saying this is unfair. We just think it's funny that you have to call on three different alliances to take out an alliance of 28 nations. Also, you might want to check what you write. > means [i]more than[/i] ;). It looks like you're complimenting KoH on keeping their WCs above 1 million when it's 3 v.s. 1.
[/quote]

Misfits "called on" 0, we just said yeah you can attack. However, only 2 alliances attacked, so if thats what you call "called on" then we called on 2...
I guess we can all typo, I hit the wrong sign(yes I was trying to say less than) and you either cant count how many we called in or hit the wrong number...oh wait you typed out three, must be the first option then.

There are alot of things I find funny, "calling on" another alliance every time the enemy whines definitely is one of them, it makes me smile to see them whine more. So I guess we both find this funny :P

Edited by Frodark

[quote name='mompson' timestamp='1296759509' post='2617953']
Yeah, everyone makes typos. What I meant to say is that 3 alliances are attacking them. And to my knowledge, KoH never whined about VE being brought in.
[/quote]

Yes they did, a lot. There is a whole thread full of it.

Woowee look at all of the stuff taken out of context.

@Maskofblue we didn't approach you and Fro to offer you white peace because we realized that Sho wasn't of a high enough level of gov, it was because you and Fro were the only members of Gov on at the time (Well, Fro was, but he said we had to wait on you.) Also, I'm rather clueless as to what you're talking about concerning us admitting that we were wrong. We didn't find out that Sho didn't have said authority until Impero crashed our peace talk party.

@Mompson they're referring to our recognition of hostility thread with VE where we, like respectable foes, stated that we were at war and the reasons for such. Where this whining theory came from, I have no idea.

@CB, good luck and have fun.

[quote name='Britishdude' timestamp='1296765726' post='2618061']
Woowee look at all of the stuff taken out of context.

@Maskofblue we didn't approach you and Fro to offer you white peace because we realized that Sho wasn't of a high enough level of gov, it was because you and Fro were the only members of Gov on at the time (Well, Fro was, but he said we had to wait on you.) Also, I'm rather clueless as to what you're talking about concerning us admitting that we were wrong. We didn't find out that Sho didn't have said authority until Impero crashed our peace talk party.

@Mompson they're referring to our recognition of hostility thread with VE where we, like respectable foes, stated that we were at war and the reasons for such. [b]Where this whining theory came from, I have no idea.[/b]

[/quote]

From all the whining in that thread, I presume.

To Celestial Being and The Misfit Nations, the attempts at bashing you in this thread are laughable. I have to admire your ability to stay level-headed when replying.

Good luck in your battles.

[quote name='erikjsch' timestamp='1296789418' post='2618630']
So it takes three alliances(VE, MN, and CB) to attack an alliance that is pretty much fighting alone... And yet we are the ones whining?
[/quote]

There is no complaining coming from us, we are having fun. Also, from you there is no we...you are a POW :P

[quote name='mompson' timestamp='1296752111' post='2617837']
[/quote]

Misfit didn't call anyone in for help, we asked to join in. Regardless you should be proud of them, they've already been in this war longer than lots.

[quote name='Prodigal Moon' timestamp='1296753308' post='2617857']
I guess you're free to consider your actions however you want, but it doesn't change the objective reality that you are directly supporting the efforts of PB and DH by fighting against KoH. Everyone in this war/web is connected, and actions have consequences for the whole web. Not in some kind of abstract chaos theory way, but in a very concrete and predictable way.
[/quote]

So I shouldn't help my only ally, VE, in their war because it might affect DH's war against NPO..that you guys aren't a part of?

[quote name='Britishdude' timestamp='1296765726' post='2618061']

[/quote]

You too

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1296859889' post='2619587']So I shouldn't help my only ally, VE, in their war because it might affect DH's war against NPO..that you guys aren't a part of?[/quote]
It's a little too late to do much about it now. But I can't help pointing out the absurdity of the VE-CB treaty at times like these. As someone who's also strongly anti-raiding, I can't imagine anything more counter-productive to that cause than helping the PB side in this war.

[quote name='Prodigal Moon' timestamp='1296860890' post='2619598']
It's a little too late to do much about it now. But I can't help pointing out the absurdity of the VE-CB treaty at times like these. As someone who's also strongly anti-raiding, I can't imagine anything more counter-productive to that cause than helping the PB side in this war.
[/quote]

I wasn't aware VE raids, otherwise you're really grasping for straws at this point. I'm helping an ally and friend, it really shouldn't be this big of an argument.