Everything. Must. Die.

Archon

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Viking' timestamp='1295967223' post='2600107']
You're spineless hypocrites, every last one of you.
[/quote]

You're spineless crybabies, every last one of you.

(it works both ways!)

While I know I am not a political bigwig on here and my opinion doesnt hold much weight, I will give it anyway.

If this were a group of micro alliances doing the same thing, most of you would be like: "OMG, WTF.. you cant do that!" and proceed to curbstomp them into oblivion. No matter how you slice it up, or try to justify it, a fact is a fact. You attacked an alliance with no CB. An unprovoked act of aggression against any alliance has always been wrong.
So now your saying that it is no longer wrong? Maybe whats wrong is the fact that you consider yourselves above the rules because you have no fear of repurcussions.
What respect I HAD for the alliances involved , is all but gone. I know that really doesnt matter much, but, know this: I dont think I am the only one that feels this way.

[quote name='Hellbilly' timestamp='1295967606' post='2600115']
While I know I am not a political bigwig on here and my opinion doesnt hold much weight, I will give it anyway.

If this were a group of micro alliances doing the same thing, most of you would be like: "OMG, WTF.. you cant do that!" and proceed to curbstomp them into oblivion. No matter how you slice it up, or try to justify it, a fact is a fact. You attacked an alliance with no CB. An unprovoked act of aggression against any alliance has always been wrong.
So now your saying that it is no longer wrong? Maybe whats wrong is the fact that you consider yourselves above the rules because you have no fear of repurcussions.
What respect I HAD for the alliances involved , is all but gone. I know that really doesnt matter much, but, know this: I dont think I am the only one that feels this way.
[/quote]I would be fully in support of any micro that wanted to attack NPO.

I, too, am of no consequence to the game, but needless to say -- VE + MK = hilarity. I'm glad it's all laid bare.

I'm not glad that I find myself agreeing with everything Alterego posts on this thread. My agreement ought to be sufficient cause for him to revise his opinions. :D

Edited by TECUMSEH

[quote name='greatmagnus' timestamp='1295967528' post='2600113']
I still dont see how declaring a war is spineless.
[/quote]

They had the chance to finish this years ago and wanted to whiteknight for every moralist in the game. In doing so, they all had choice words for people like me who wanted to end it there, only to now take advantage of the situation and roll tanks after NPO did nothing wrong. It's the height of spineless and if you don't think it is I have a wonderful bridge you might be willing to purchase.

Don't give me that tired explanation of "herp we're at war look at our backbone." I don't buy it, and most others don't as well.

[quote name='mrwuss' timestamp='1295967586' post='2600114']
You're spineless crybabies, every last one of you.

(it works both ways!)
[/quote]

This would be accurate if I had a history of trying to give white peace to my enemies at the expense of my allies, and GOD has never done that. MK, though.....

Edited by Viking

[quote name='Rotavele' timestamp='1295935634' post='2599063']
[img]http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/4063/umbrellawar.jpg[/img]

That is all.
[/quote]
This, is the best post in this thread. Bar none. I had to keep myself from laughing out loud... :awesome:

[color="#808080"][size="1"][ooc] ...as I am in a lecture. [/ooc][/size][/color]

[quote name='Seipher Caim' timestamp='1295964841' post='2600060']
I'm disappointed in many ways but one of the sadest thing to see here si the amount of paradoxians hailing MK & Co. Very sad...

Don't give yourself too much credit... Preempting a target is nothing new and you dont create anything... You just used a technic you criticized last war.
[/quote]

Who said preempting is new?

Oh and yes TOP woke us up... :wub:

[quote name='Letum' timestamp='1295966799' post='2600095']
You realise we suggested this to you in the first place, right?

If we hadn't, who knows when you might have gathered the immense courage you needed to use superior numbers to strike a foe without any possibility of intervention.
[/quote]

Yeah... You should get everyone in line with the "tough guy attitude"

[quote name='zeta defender']To be honest, where does that CB start and end as "we don't like you" can be OOC and IC.

OOC: Hell this was the same justification that Hitler used to kill the Jews and take over the world, because, "he was creating the perfect world." Anyone who believed this will end any better is sadly mistaken.
[/quote]

In other words....

Baaaw baw baww baaaaw baw, baaaw baaw bwawawwaaaaaaaw.

Baw baaaaaaaw, BAAAAAAAW!

[quote name='Viking' timestamp='1295967223' post='2600107']
You're spineless hypocrites, every last one of you.
[/quote]
[img]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b212/StalinsHeros/stopsig.jpg[/img]

edit: These are words.

Edited by neneko

[quote name='neneko' timestamp='1295968363' post='2600136']
[img]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b212/StalinsHeros/stopsig.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

You know that sig was made to poke fun at MK and TOP during Karma, right?

Right?

Quote my avatar next time. I'll give you one guess.

Welp.

Have fun, Doomhouse. Do try to resist the urge to give light terms.

[quote name='neneko' timestamp='1295968612' post='2600144']
That was the joke.
[/quote]

You're intentionally highlighting the sheer historical irony of your position?

[i]That's[/i] a new strategy.

[quote name='Viking' timestamp='1295967918' post='2600125']
They had the chance to finish this years ago and wanted to whiteknight for every moralist in the game. In doing so, they all had choice words for people like me who wanted to end it there, only to now take advantage of the situation and roll tanks after NPO did nothing wrong. It's the height of spineless and if you don't think it is I have a wonderful bridge you might be willing to purchase.

Don't give me that tired explanation of "herp we're at war look at our backbone." I don't buy it, and most others don't as well.[/quote]

Oh dear...

I remember Xiphosis stopping a potential war because he thought GOD and SF would get their NS wiped...lucky for us all then that we only had to wait a few weeks for the real deal and as always no harm to GOD's ns...yes indeedy.

[quote name='Viking' timestamp='1295967918' post='2600125']This would be accurate if I had a history of trying to give white peace to my enemies at the expense of my allies, and GOD has never done that. MK, though.....[/quote]

Yes MK gives white peace...still butthurt MK and TOP are friends eh?

[quote name='Aurion' timestamp='1295969007' post='2600154']
You're intentionally highlighting the sheer historical irony of your position?

[i]That's[/i] a new strategy.
[/quote]
You seem to miss the fact that the hypocrisy goes both ways. Everyone have changed their moral compass to what's supporting whatever they're up to.

Besides this wasn't a pre-emptive strike, it was a unprovoked attack. Big difference.

[quote name='Hellbilly' timestamp='1295967606' post='2600115']

[/quote]

The theory goes this was going to happen eventually once Legion got around to activating the treaty they were bound to defend NpO with (or did they cancel it...I don't know I'm not a doctor). Or so I understand. Once Legion was countered (probably by one or two Pandora's Box alliances), it would open the door for the NPO to counter, with allies, etc.

I, again from my perspective, understand this simply to be Doomhouse taking the initiative and not letting the enemy choose the grounds to fight on. There is no question of whether or not Doomhouse and NPO were going to fight and it was made very clear for the last week that it was going to happen.

Far as outrage and Doomhouse being as bad as NPO, NPO has a long and storied history of atrocities, while Doomhouse has none. Rather, the members of Doomhouse (yes, even GOONS) have done nothing but treat their enemies with respect in their defeats thus far. I don't know why anyone assumes this will be any different (besides the slogan everything must die, but hopefully you all know what propaganda is).

Now, had NPO been able to win this war...you really want that?

Really?

[quote name='neneko' timestamp='1295969648' post='2600168']
You seem to miss the fact that the hypocrisy goes both ways. Everyone have changed their moral compass to what's supporting whatever they're up to.

Besides this wasn't a pre-emptive strike, it was a unprovoked attack. Big difference.
[/quote]

I'm pretty sure GOD's moral compass is squarely where it was when Karma was going on. It might be normal for your alliance to chase a PR victory or whatever by swapping the way you interact with the world, but some of us prefer a more consistent and honest path.

[quote name='Viking' timestamp='1295970039' post='2600179']
I'm pretty sure GOD's moral compass is squarely where it was when Karma was going on. It might be normal for your alliance to chase a PR victory or whatever by swapping the way you interact with the world, but some of us prefer a more consistent and honest path.
[/quote]
GOD.
Consistent.

You're obviously funnier than me.

[quote name='mattski133' timestamp='1295969981' post='2600176']
The theory goes this was going to happen eventually once Legion got around to activating the treaty they were bound to defend NpO with (or did they cancel it...I don't know I'm not a doctor). Or so I understand. Once Legion was countered (probably by one or two Pandora's Box alliances), it would open the door for the NPO to counter, with allies, etc.

I, again from my perspective, understand this simply to be Doomhouse taking the initiative and not letting the enemy choose the grounds to fight on. There is no question of whether or not Doomhouse and NPO were going to fight and it was made very clear for the last week that it was going to happen.

Far as outrage and Doomhouse being as bad as NPO, NPO has a long and storied history of atrocities, while Doomhouse has none. Rather, the members of Doomhouse (yes, even GOONS) have done nothing but treat their enemies with respect in their defeats thus far. I don't know why anyone assumes this will be any different (besides the slogan everything must die, but hopefully you all know what propaganda is).

Now, had NPO been able to win this war...you really want that?

Really?
[/quote]

Unfortunately for your argument to work we would have actually be in the war and equally politically connected as you. Neither of these facts were at all true. This is just a glorified curb stomp to satisfy the bloodlust of those determined to end planet bob.