Archon

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='ktarthan' timestamp='1295987966' post='2600817']
Oh dear does baby need a bottle? :lol1:
[/quote]

Yes please. And a diaper change would be nice too. Make sure to use powder. Last thing I want is to be all cranky and have a hissy fit and run off to kill everything because of my butt rash or need for a bottle and nap time. I will leave that to DumbHouse.

Guest Mike Oldfield

[quote name='ironchef' timestamp='1295986926' post='2600789']
So someone forgot to put Dumb House down for a nap and they have a mass temper tantrum. Wah Wah Wahhhhhhhh we don’t like Planet Bob so where going to blow it up, Wah Wah Wahhhhhh look at us we are special we can do things tooooooooo. This is just pathetic
Let us all remember the importance of nap time.

MK at its best http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WeL5FQwOA4&feature=related [b]Don't tell me STOP IT!!![/b]

GOONS http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Afb0SiT-aY [b]I didnt die!!!!!![/b]

Umbrella http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLKukwm9ODo&feature=related [b]Yes they even have a guide for this[/b]
[/quote]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbltrZe2274 <- MK @ Neutral alliances

anyways I feel your dead on with this one ironchef. NPO was neutral and Doomhouse couldn't handle it so they went and got all possesed and attacked.
in WotC we seen alliance A attack alliance B on a weak CB, in Karma we seen alliance A attack alliance B because alliance C baited alliance B with screenshots, NpO-PB war, now we got alliances A, B and C attacking alliance D for absolutely no reason, add to that alliance D wasn't even in the war. MK, always willing to take it to new heights eh? you guys are innovative :P

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1295987205' post='2600795']
Does anyone else find this vast torrent of butthurt coming from Crymson about being SHUNNED AS MEDIATOR two years ago hilarious, or is it just me?
[/quote]

No, it is not just you.

[quote]If NPO had changed they'd have joined in the fight. They didnt enter so they can preserve their power and they can rise in influence over CN. Had they entered, they'd have gained respect from me and after that war, even if we would probably still have faced them, their gained respect would allow them to rise in influence. They decided to hide to preserve their nation strenght and so we'll destroy them.[/quote]

Given that the only ally we had in the fight was TIO, which is an ODP, and given that TIO didn't ask us to help, we had no legitimate point of entry. Of course, that just displays our EBIL, since we were evidently conspiring to actually have a legitimate CB to use as justification. So yeah, I can see how we were hiding and how all those other alliances like Polar, STA, NV, UPN, etc. (you know, the ones with whom we don't have a treaty) were conspiring to protect us. Certainly makes sense.....if you are paranoid like [s]TOP[/s], err the fungus amungus.

[quote name='PotFace' timestamp='1295986727' post='2600785']
So really what's heppened here, is that DH didn't declare war; the members of DH independently declared war against the same target at the same time. Gotcha. By the looks of things, I can understand why you'd be so confused as to what's going on here - you simply have no idea.
[/quote]

I don't see what DoomHouse and the mess that is the greater treaty web, and this war, have in common. Is it because DoomHouse is a bloc treaty whose members have ties to the rest of the treaty web? IF that is the case then every alliance that has declared war is guilty of what you are accusing us of.

[quote name='The Catalyst' timestamp='1295988539' post='2600836']
*facepalm*
ive made 15 posts. work it out. <---FULL STOP OMGOMGOMG OMFG
[/quote]
...What?

[quote name='ktarthan' timestamp='1295988633' post='2600840']
And you make the same mistake as the first guy who tried to argue his point. Here, I'll quote the original point for reference:

Still saying attacking NPO is consistent, just our timing is wrong.
[/quote]
No, I'm actually saying the exact opposite of that line. If you wanted to crush Pacifica, now is a great time, it's the desire to crush Pacifica that's silly if you wanted to bring about "change."

[quote name='tamerlane' timestamp='1295988915' post='2600852']
I don't see what DoomHouse and the mess that is the greater treaty web, and this war, have in common. Is it because DoomHouse is a bloc treaty whose members have ties to the rest of the treaty web? IF that is the case then every alliance that has declared war is guilty of what you are accusing us of.
[/quote]

IT LEARNS !!! :o

Edit: But you're wrong. Every alliance that has declared a war "for the heck of it", who has used the treaty web, is guilty of what I'm accusing you of.

Edited by PotFace

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1295987205' post='2600795']Does anyone else find this vast torrent of butthurt coming from Crymson about being SHUNNED AS MEDIATOR two years ago hilarious, or is it just me?[/quote]
He is overcompensating to fit in. It is quite hilarious.

[quote name='PotFace' timestamp='1295988746' post='2600843']
To me, that's just as screwed up as attacking the [i]wrong[/i] alliance at the right time.
[/quote]
Sorry I left that sentence a bit ambiguous (edited now); [i]they[/i] are saying that it was the wrong time, which is the exact thing I've been trying to refute this entire time.

[quote name='tamerlane' timestamp='1295989111' post='2600860']
Uhhhh.. yeah. You sure showed me. :unsure:
[/quote]

Well, I didn't expect us to reach this point so soon.... when others clearly demonstrate how hypocritical and out of whack your logic is, you go dense and unwilling to participate anymore. I have more respect for people that just come out and tuck their tails in and run away from the discussion.

Edited by PotFace

[quote name='ktarthan' timestamp='1295988633' post='2600840']Still saying attacking NPO is consistent, just our timing is wrong.
[/quote]
Perhaps I wasn't clear enough. I'm not arguing the strategic reasoning behind attacking a weakened/overwhelmed target. I'm arguing the reasoning behind it.

Everyone knows the the CB behind the attack ("NPO is a thr3at lol") on NPO is !@#$%^&*, so now Doomhouse is saying that it was to save CN, or, [url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=97713&view=findpost&p=2600525]it's the war CN deserved.[/url] Now, if CN really needed an epic war to make things interesting again, why not attack sooner? CN would have been saved earlier, then. Besides, you guys keep saying that you don't care about CN anymore.

[quote name='Locke' timestamp='1295988943' post='2600854']
...What?

No, I'm actually saying the exact opposite of that line. If you wanted to crush Pacifica, now is a great time, it's the desire to crush Pacifica that's silly if you wanted to bring about "change."
[/quote]

to the left
<------
it says how many posts on the forum you have made..i have made 17 includeing this one at the time of posting..so it really isnt difficult to tell i havnt been useing these forums long is it?

[quote name='The Catalyst' timestamp='1295989438' post='2600876']
to the left
<------
it says how many posts on the forum you have made..i have made 17 includeing this one at the time of posting..so it really isnt difficult to tell i havnt been useing these forums long is it?
[/quote]
Yes, I can tell, but I don't see how pointing out your own newness at all helps you. It helps me more than you.

[quote name='PotFace' timestamp='1295988591' post='2600838']
How convenient. Good luck convincing everyone of that. In the meantime, you guys have a reputation for being against the treaty web, but use it to wage war. That's something that's to be expected of MK... pretty standard. If you wanna be the class clown, be prepared to get called out for clownish activity.
[/quote]

You are the NpO, and you have always said that you were jealous of big brother Pacifica and that you valued all their treaties over your own.

I can put words in your mouth too.

We're not anti-treaty, we just hated the clutter, the idea that we couldn't do what we wanted to because we would hurt an ally. So we said screw that and here we are, doing what we want to. If you want to continue claiming that this war is about us using treaties and that we're hypocrites because of our stance on treaties, you can borrow my mirror. That's such a retarded argument that you will be the only one listening.

If you're going to attack us for hypocrisy, at least do it over something valid. Our position has changed on a bunch of things since we were blacklisted by NPO. But it has changed with much of CN too. You can't say that people don't change, even CCC can agree that this is true. The difference with us compared to normal hypocrites is that in our changes we have improved. Greatly.

[quote name='tamerlane' timestamp='1295975282' post='2600383']
For those claiming there are no politics involved in this DoW, you are gravely mistaken. Read the OP and you will see that this war is being fought for what could objectively be the best rationale for war in this game, maintaining power. Some may see this as evil but it is no more evil or wrong than any other CB (fabricated or not) since the beginning of this game. MK, FAN, GOONS, Umb have no assurances that NPO won't go back to their former ways and have no desire to give them that chance.

The fault here lies solely with NPO's unwillingness to join a conflict that had direct implications on their ability to ensure their own safety. Welcome to the world of realpolitik.

The long and short of what I am saying is, shut up and fight.
[/quote]

[i]"Honor except when politically convenient."[/i] :laugh:

[quote name='ktarthan' timestamp='1295989261' post='2600867']
Sorry I left that sentence a bit ambiguous (edited now); [i]they[/i] are saying that it was the wrong time, which is the exact thing I've been trying to refute this entire time.
[/quote]

Hitting NPO does little to shake up the power structure of today. The hard work was already done by others. Strategically it's brilliant, I suppose?

Edited by Viking

Guest Mike Oldfield

[quote name='PotFace' timestamp='1295986727' post='2600785']
So really what's heppened here, is that DH didn't declare war; the members of DH independently declared war against the same target at the same time. Gotcha. By the looks of things, I can understand why you'd be so confused as to what's going on here - you simply have no idea.
[/quote]
Oh but it isn't a war PotFace, remember Dumbhouse don't do unprovoked wars, they all just woke up yesterday morning and decided to pull an Athens vs Knights of Ni! and NPO was just the unlucky recipient. :P

[quote name='Darth Andrew' timestamp='1295989409' post='2600874']
Perhaps I wasn't clear enough. I'm not arguing the strategic reasoning behind attacking a weakened/overwhelmed target. I'm arguing the reasoning behind it.

Everyone knows the the CB behind the attack ("NPO is a thr3at lol") on NPO is !@#$%^&*, so now Doomhouse is saying that it was to save CN, or, [url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=97713&view=findpost&p=2600525]it's the war CN deserved.[/url] Now, if CN really needed an epic war to make things interesting again, why not attack sooner? CN would have been saved earlier, then. Besides, you guys keep saying that you don't care about CN anymore.
[/quote]
You weren't clear enough? You called us opportunists because waited for an advantage. I thought that was pretty clear. We didn't attack sooner because if we attacked sooner we wouldn't have had an advantage. [i]Strategy[/i].

[quote name='Viking' timestamp='1295989645' post='2600884']
Hitting NPO does little to shake up the power structure of today. The hard work was already done by others. Strategically it's brilliant, I suppose?
[/quote]
Call it... a "pre-emptive shake up".

Edited by ktarthan

[quote name='Crowdog' timestamp='1295989523' post='2600880']
If you're going to attack us for hypocrisy, at least do it over something valid. Our position has changed on a bunch of things since we were blacklisted by NPO. But it has changed with much of CN too. You can't say that people don't change, even CCC can agree that this is true. The difference with us compared to normal hypocrites is that in our changes we have improved. Greatly.
[/quote]

By "improved", what exactly are you referring to? The general consensus here is that imposing your "position" on things against others pretty much means that you have actually degenerated politically. Especially after seeing first-hand (with NPO) where that's going to take you. You've read that book and you already know how it ends. And despite that, you have elected to take NPO's pre-Karma role anyway.

That [i]can't[/i] be the "improvement" that you speak of. [i]Say[/i] it ain't so.

[quote name='ktarthan' timestamp='1295989811' post='2600887']
You weren't clear enough? You called us opportunists because waited for an advantage. I thought that was pretty clear. We didn't attack sooner because if we attacked sooner we wouldn't have had an advantage. [i]Strategy[/i].
[/quote]

So how does hitting NPO shake things up. I hear that it does, but haven't seen how exactly. If you say it's because there were no wars, I think you may have missed the past four days. There must be another reason why you think this.

[quote name='ktarthan' timestamp='1295989811' post='2600887']
[/quote]
"Strategy" is beside the point. If your only goal was to make the game interesting, it doesn't matter whether you have the advantage or not, you just attack.

[quote name='PotFace' timestamp='1295989928' post='2600890']
By "improved", what exactly are you referring to? The general consensus here is that imposing your "position" on things against others pretty much means that you have actually degenerated politically. Especially after seeing first-hand (with NPO) where that's going to take you. You've read that book and you already know how it ends. And despite that, you have elected to take NPO's pre-Karma role anyway.

That [i]can't[/i] be the "improvement" that you speak of. [i]Say[/i] it ain't so.
[/quote]

Then we disagree on what is good and bad.

But we can be the hero this game needs, even if it's not the one it wants right now.