The GM's Court

Executive Minister

[quote name='Zoot Zoot' timestamp='1305236498' post='2710862']
Sargun makes the best point.

This is why I object to the RP being [i]forced[/i] on me by Triyun, and now Centurius.
[/quote]

Yet it's fully done ic much like false flags and such in the past. Take it like a man.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is why I object to the RP being [i]forced[/i] on me by Triyun, and now Centurius.
[/quote]

You had all the chance to make up a fictional fighter which was similar to the F/A-18, but you used the exact same plane. Your fault for being in your position.

And when did we actually care about [i]forcing[/i] people into RPs?

I also use 747's for British airways, and a host of other beoing aircraft. As does the rest of the community, yet they aint geing taken to court.
I wouldnt mind being sued if it wasnt being specifically targetted at me.

[quote name='Kankou' timestamp='1305237323' post='2710873']
You had all the chance to make up a fictional fighter which was similar to the F/A-18, but you used the exact same plane. Your fault for being in your position.
[/quote]
Here's an idea, maybe not everyone has the creative genius to draw, imagine and create weapons/names for fictional weapons. It's not Zoot's "fault" for using the F/A-18 when he is unable or unwilling to create an entirely new fighter just because he might get sued IC for it.

[quote name='Markus Wilding' timestamp='1305238613' post='2710881']
Here's an idea, maybe not everyone has the creative genius to draw, imagine and create weapons/names for fictional weapons. It's not Zoot's "fault" for using the F/A-18 when he is unable or unwilling to create an entirely new fighter just because he might get sued IC for it.
[/quote]
He could just take a feather from my hat: I have the Doksuli (Eagle), based on the F-15K. The engines and all that rot are slightly modified to make it separate from the F-15K. It's not really that hard a job.

[quote name='Zoot Zoot' timestamp='1305237690' post='2710879']
I also use 747's for British airways, and a host of other beoing aircraft. As does the rest of the community, yet they aint geing taken to court.
I wouldnt mind being sued if it wasnt being specifically targetted at me.
[/quote]

There are several RL companies that do the exact same thing, they target a specific person/company/country for trial. It's what Apple and Microsoft did in the past, Apple and Samsung in recent times and Nokia was quite known for it too, that's just naming some. What Triyun is doing with Boeing is a valid business tactic.

Sargun makes the best point.
[/quote]

My point was against this OOC debate - it has already been explained, two times now, that this a tactic used in real life by companies suing other companies specifically. This is an IC matter, not an OOC one.

[quote name='Kankou' timestamp='1305238860' post='2710887']
He could just take a feather from my hat: I have the Doksuli (Eagle), based on the F-15K. The engines and all that rot are slightly modified to make it separate from the F-15K. It's not really that hard a job.
[/quote]
It's still ridiculous that he needs to create a new fighter (either by making one himself or modifying an existing one) to avoid being sued IC by Triyun.

[quote name='Markus Wilding' timestamp='1305239898' post='2710907']
It's still ridiculous that he needs to create a new fighter (either by making one himself or modifying an existing one) to avoid being sued IC by Triyun.
[/quote]

I'm confident the dozens of rl companies that can't just make F-18s agree with you

He's perfectly capable of building an F/A-18 without Boeing's assistance. No restriction is placed on his IC capability to make such a plane. This is purely an IC issue. Anyone can make any accusation they want IC.

Now in regards to customs and such. Zoot has made MULTIPLE custom aircraft. To say Zoot doesn't have the time or ability to build a different air craft is patently false.

Finally I would point out something very important: copying another nation's aircraft is entirely possible. Further in some cases getting away with it is possible. China IRL copied the Israeli Lavi fighter to make its J-10 and the Russian Su-27 to make the J-11. The Soviets copied the B-29.

The GMs job is not to decide what people can do or not do IC.

[quote name='Triyun' timestamp='1305241278' post='2710927']
He's perfectly capable of building an F/A-18 without Boeing's assistance. No restriction is placed on his IC capability to make such a plane. This is purely an IC issue. Anyone can make any accusation they want IC.

Now in regards to customs and such. Zoot has made MULTIPLE custom aircraft. To say Zoot doesn't have the time or ability to build a different air craft is patently false.

Finally I would point out something very important: copying another nation's aircraft is entirely possible. Further in some cases getting away with it is possible. China IRL copied the Israeli Lavi fighter to make its J-10 and the Russian Su-27 to make the J-11. The Soviets copied the B-29.

The GMs job is not to decide what people can do or not do IC.
[/quote]

And this basically is what I put on here earlier and cochin ruled on irc.

[IMG]http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee434/UltimateHamster/MOspy.jpg[/IMG]

two spy rolls against MO please. The first is to get teams of SVR assassins into Torun to assassinate unnamed, openly anti-Russian politicians. If successful they'll start popping some heads if not then their helicopter will crash or something. Just for lulz

the second is more serious, to launch a cyber attack to shut off or disrupt his early warning systems.

[quote name='Justinian the Mighty' timestamp='1305262256' post='2711190']
[img]http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee434/UltimateHamster/MOspy.jpg[/img]

two spy rolls against MO please. The first is to get teams of SVR assassins into Torun to assassinate unnamed, openly anti-Russian politicians. If successful they'll start popping some heads if not then their helicopter will crash or something. Just for lulz

the second is more serious, to launch a cyber attack to shut off or disrupt his early warning systems.
[/quote]

[img]http://i710.photobucket.com/albums/ww106/mofailla/blackman.jpg?t=1305262811[/img]

With 50 50 odds and win high and low lose, Justinian wins both.

I'd like to ask the GM's for an auto advance against MO in [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=101627"]this thread[/url]. I know my most recent attacks happened just last night, but MO hasn't replied to any war posts in almost a week and based on his own words he doesn't really care.

[quote name='Justinian the Mighty' timestamp='1305313069' post='2711444']
I'd like to ask the GM's for an auto advance against MO in [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=101627"]this thread[/url]. I know my most recent attacks happened just last night, but MO hasn't replied to any war posts in almost a week and based on his own words he doesn't really care.
[/quote]
Considering that his last IC post in the concerned RP was on May 7 and seeing as he is neither on nation lock nor inactive in forum ( his profile shows he was logged in today too), I permit an auto advance against graniteknight.

I want to put forward an amendment to the SDI rule.

Presently, as I understand it... You can only hit a nuke if it's over your land based territory.

I believe the rule should be amended to include territorial waters, including the EEZ. When I asked triyun earlier today, he informed me the only reliable/half working system is on the US aegis warships.

Using this logic, it would stand to reason that An SDI can be sea based and therefore the Rule should be adapted as such.

Oh and before this is shot down by the GM's, it should be discussed first.

[quote name='Zoot Zoot' timestamp='1305942619' post='2715822']
I want to put forward an amendment to the SDI rule.

Presently, as I understand it... You can only hit a nuke if it's over your land based territory.

I believe the rule should be amended to include territorial waters, including the EEZ. When I asked triyun earlier today, he informed me the only reliable/half working system is on the US aegis warships.

Using this logic, it would stand to reason that An SDI can be sea based and therefore the Rule should be adapted as such.

Oh and before this is shot down by the GM's, it should be discussed first.
[/quote]

Since there is no set standard for defining territorial waters or EEZs, I am against this suggestion.

[quote name='Kankou' timestamp='1305948705' post='2715885']
Since there is no set standard for defining territorial waters or EEZs, I am against this suggestion.
[/quote]
Territorial waters are usually 10-12 nm out to sea from your coasts, and EEZ are what you claim them to be. I support SDIs being stretched into your territorial waters, but not EEZ, as it is more an economic thing than a military one.

[quote name='KaiserMelech Mikhail' timestamp='1305949589' post='2715891']
Territorial waters are usually 10-12 nm out to sea from your coasts, and EEZ are what you claim them to be. I support SDIs being stretched into your territorial waters, but not EEZ, as it is more an economic thing than a military one.
[/quote]

You can declare territorial waters to be any number as well.

[quote name='KaiserMelech Mikhail' timestamp='1305949727' post='2715894']
I just go by the UN ruling that says that they are at max 12 miles.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Nations_Convention_on_the_Law_of_the_Sea
[/quote]
I'm pretty sure there are some RPers who ignore that and claim a lot more territorial water. I recall a while back ago some RPer decided to claim a huge chunk of the Pacific Ocean as territorial water and lots of other RPers didn't like that.

[quote name='HHAYD' timestamp='1305950575' post='2715897']
I'm pretty sure there are some RPers who ignore that and claim a lot more territorial water. I recall a while back ago some RPer decided to claim a huge chunk of the Pacific Ocean as territorial water and lots of other RPers didn't like that.
[/quote]
That was LVN. He sank my ships when I tried to sail East. :(

I go by 12nm territorial waters and my EEZ is well RL UK+whatever Ireland claims, not including my other territory.

@Kankou all it means is that you specify what your EEZ/ territorial waters are in some RP somewhere to cover your arse. You don't need a set precedent, most people already have them posted anyway.

@KM 12nm when you put it next to how fast an ICBM goes is not much. Take perhaps 3 seconds to cover that? Perhaps a bit longer.

The fact is IRL the proven missile shields are ship based, and they operate in the open ocean in territorial/EEZ waters. So it's my argument an SDI should cover these aswell, instead of having to work out if it passes over a pixel of your countries land mass on the map for you to shoot it down.