CN Awards: process

supercoolyellow

[quote name='bros2' timestamp='1293579664' post='2556627']
What he said

As I told you, the academy is a horrible idea.
[/quote]

The academy may not be the best idea but if we persevere with the "old system" we'll get the same nonsense we always get. If these awards are to be held then we have to try something to remove the poll-rushing that skews the voting.

It is the same story with every poll in Cybernations so I'm not sure why people bother putting the effort into these awards when they know it has the same credibility as a FIFA vote.

If we are to have an academy then perhaps 2 reps from each colour sphere would be more workable. Each sphere can vote for/nominate their prefered reps to form the academy with a maximum of one representative from any one alliance to prevent one alliance stacking the academy across colour spheres. Don't ask me how that would be put into practise though... :P

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1293672234' post='2557775']
You stepped down from government?
[/quote]
I was going to say an inordinately large ego and an overinflated sense of self-worth, but yours is good too. :D

I like the idea of splitting the decision between an academy and a member poll. It's similar to the way that "Dancing with the Stars" tallies its votes. The scores that the three expert judges hand out determine half of a contestant's score and the popularity vote of the viewers determines the other half. Although upsets do happen, this voting method does help to cut down on situations where a popular contest who can't dance very well is able to move on while a less popular contestant who can dance better is voted off. Sure, sometimes upsets do happen, like when Brandy was eliminated from the final four despite getting a very high judges score because Bristol Palin got more of the viewer vote (the Tea Partiers were encouraging people to vote for her to outweigh her overall lack of talent), but they're a lot rarer than shows like "American Idol" that are based strictly on viewer votes.

Edited by Duncan King

[quote name='rsoxbronco1' timestamp='1293695067' post='2558110']
It's like some of you live under the delusion that your alliances are somehow better at this game than MK/TOP/Umb and a couple others.
[/quote]
I didn't realize the awards were going to alliances, but thought individuals would be voted on and receive awards. If he's talking about just more voting on favorite alliances, I don't care either way. I don't think after the Karma War I've seen any alliance achieve great things, most are just content with existing as they try further positioning themselves better and keeping the power structure in place.

we should have a poll to elect 10 academy reps.

just put down 1-2 people from each alliance as prospective reps and let people vote. then the people we vote for get to vote for how to appoint academy reps. after they're done voting, the general public votes on a simple yay/nay poll to see if we can proceed with the method that the other group selected. if we get a simple majority then we go with that, if not then we can restart the process and vote again.

[quote name='hizzy' timestamp='1293697885' post='2558147']
we should have a poll to elect 10 academy reps.

just put down 1-2 people from each alliance as prospective reps and let people vote. then the people we vote for get to vote for how to appoint academy reps. after they're done voting, the general public votes on a simple yay/nay poll to see if we can proceed with the method that the other group selected. if we get a simple majority then we go with that, if not then we can restart the process and vote again.
[/quote]
I'm too tired to be clever, but I'm sure there's some sort of quip I could make about old school GATO here...

Wait, so there was a poll to determine how CN should handle it's awards, the results of the poll were actually disregarded and a self-elected individual decided to go against the wishes of the poll in part because they fear that one or two alliances might be able to get more votes than the rest because they're more active and are able to make the polls worthless?

Oh god, I'm dying over here.

[quote name='TheNeverender' timestamp='1293747492' post='2558606']
Wait, so there was a poll to determine how CN should handle it's awards, the results of the poll were actually disregarded and a self-elected individual decided to go against the wishes of the poll in part because they fear that one or two alliances might be able to get more votes than the rest because they're more active and are able to make the polls worthless?

[/quote]
The academy posted enough votes for this style to override the wish of the people.

My awards were better :P

Really though I think the CN awards are just supposed to be a fun superlative type of thing. Complicating it with all this academy stuff is taking them way too seriously and will probably just put people off.

[quote name='TheNeverender' timestamp='1293747492' post='2558606']

[/quote]
No no, The majority didn't want it so he is now making it "50/50". :rolleyes:

I just can't wait until the next time he "corrects" the peoples choice. People should just boycott it already, I highly doubt he will change his ways.