Iron Curtain Announcement

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='NoFish' timestamp='1293434701' post='2555120']
Is this the first time a bloc of non-micros has been dissolved without ever having been activated?
[/quote]

Citadel and GUARD are the two major ones I can think of. I'm not sure if the Chestnut Accords have ever actually been activated as well.

[quote name='Ruhani' timestamp='1293412918' post='2554809']
It has gone well all this time that the IC has decided to stay together despite endless threats of disbandment. Good luck to you all in your futures.
[/quote]

Who threatened to disband IC?

That being said, goodbye irrelevant piece of garbage. You didn't back up NSO or FEAR so you might as well dissolve.

[quote name='Mr Damsky' timestamp='1293471791' post='2555339']

That being said, goodbye irrelevant piece of garbage. You didn't back up NSO or FEAR so you might as well dissolve.
[/quote]

We had planned to, but you see when you declare war on people who your ally is in the process of negotiating white peace with, you could ruin the peace discussions, and end up doing more damage to them than helping them.

[/quote]

Not to mention when an alliance tells you to stay out of war, it's probably better to abide by their wishes (i.e. NSO in 6 mil)

[/quote]
My name is Mr Damsky. I don't understand that you don't have to declare war to help an ally at war. I don't understand that the reason allies come in is to help out their allies. I don't understand that sometimes declaring war will make a situation worse. I don't understand that sometimes an alliance does not want you to declare on their behalf.

[quote name='Jacapo Saladin' timestamp='1293472096' post='2555342']
We had planned to, but you see when you declare war on people who your ally is in the process of negotiating white peace with, you could ruin the peace discussions, and end up doing more damage to them than helping them.
[/quote]

Well you definitely took your time....

ODN declares war on FEAR: 12/21
White Peace: 12/26

:lol1:

I'm sensing a pattern? First NSO gets Rok'd and now FEAR gets thrown Oranges - both times Hydra took its sweet time. :rolleyes:

Edited by KingEd

[quote name='KingEd' timestamp='1293478770' post='2555398']

I'm sensing a pattern? First NSO gets Rok'd and now FEAR gets thrown Oranges - both times Hydra took its sweet time. :rolleyes:
[/quote]

They didn't take their time with us. We were quite prompt in denying assistance.

[quote name='KingEd' timestamp='1293478770' post='2555398']

[/quote]

I am not sure you have any insight into the situation here, but that is expected from the likes of you. The day after ODN attacked we had already voted to go to war that night and were preparing to declare, however FEAR told us they had started peace negotiations and that entering would only foul things up.

Please, next time make your argument stronger than a toothpick, it is like you have given up trying at this point, and I am starting to feel pity for you.

[quote name='Jacapo Saladin' timestamp='1293481832' post='2555436']
I am not sure you have any insight into the situation here, but that is expected from the likes of you. The day after ODN attacked we had already voted to go to war that night and were preparing to declare, [b]however FEAR told us they had started peace negotiations and that entering would only foul things up.[/b]

Please, next time make your argument stronger than a toothpick, it is like you have given up trying at this point, and I am starting to feel pity for you.
[/quote]

Yes, I'm aware of that. I found it funny actually - a day after their entrance and were already seeking peace terms. In any case, my only point is that you seem to lack in the "defending" part when it comes to your allies. :ehm:

Also, is the NSO (MDP) your last MDP+ level treaty?

Edited by KingEd

[quote name='KingEd' timestamp='1293482394' post='2555444']
Yes, I'm aware of that. I found it funny actually - a day after their entrance and were already seeking peace terms. In any case, my only point is that you seem to lack in the "defending" part when it comes to your allies. :ehm:

Also, is the NSO (MDP) your last treaty?
[/quote]

Yes that would be our last MDP

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1293448639' post='2555204']
Should be interesting to see where NATO goes next.
[/quote]
Not really; they'll go exactly where they were before this was signed, nothing exciting. Just TFD and, to a lesser degree, LSF.

[quote name='KingEd' timestamp='1293482394' post='2555444']

Also, is the NSO (MDP) your last MDP+ level treaty?
[/quote]
You came here to spit on Hydra, however when you got shot down you quickly transition to spitting upon FEAR. I'm sensing you have a problem of looking at the facts. Hydra does no lack in the "defending" part of being an ally. In fact Hydra has been about the best treaty partner an alliance could ask for. Perhaps you should take a lesson or two from Jacapo and Hydra.

Edited by youwish959

[quote name='youwish959' timestamp='1293493802' post='2555616']
You came here to spit on Hydra, however when you got shot down you quickly transition to spitting upon FEAR. I'm sensing you have a problem of looking at the facts. Hydra does no lack in the "defending" part of defending her allies. In fact Hydra has been about the best treaty partner an alliance could ask for. Perhaps you should take a lesson or two from Jacapo and Hydra.
[/quote]

First of, read my post on page 2, I did not come here to spit on Hydra. I apologize if it comes off that way in my later post but making sure they don't feel insulted is not high on my priority list, but it obviously is on yours. Moreover, I'm not taking any shots at FEAR, on the contrary, I had very friendly talks with FEAR's leaders during said peace talks and I made it clear that I agreed with them leaving the war because they had tried to support their allies in every way possible, and they went as far as to try and reason with NEW on our behalf. So I have a lot of respect for FEAR on that end; however, it doesn't mean I can't laugh a bit because they sought peace a day after.

As for "Hydra not lacking in the defending allies department" that's all a matter of perception. From where I stand, they have not defended their allies adequately enough. But that's just me. I'm sure as their ally you are forced to have high views of them without popper reason, but that's another matter entirely.

Lastly, I shall be taking no lessons from Mr. Saladin or Hydra - if I had I wouldn't be fighting for my allies/friends in DF now would I?

Come again, please...
:ph34r:

Edited by KingEd

[quote name='KingEd' timestamp='1293494781' post='2555628']
As for "Hydra not lacking in the defending allies department" that's all a matter of perception. From where I stand, they have not defended their allies adequately enough. But that's just me. I'm sure as their ally you are forced to have high views of them without popper reason, but that's another matter entirely.
[/quote]

If that is how you feel then I am glad that I am not tied to you. I am failing to see how you could possibly perceive that escalating a war that your ally is trying to end is beneficial to your ally, but that's just me.

[quote name='DarkEra97' timestamp='1293513305' post='2555977']
If that is how you feel then I am glad that I am not tied to you. I am failing to see how you could possibly perceive that escalating a war that your ally is trying to end is beneficial to your ally, but that's just me.
[/quote]

Embrace war, friends, don't fear it. People like you are the cause of the !@#$@#$ boredom around here. However, I'm having my fun so I pretty much don't care.

[quote name='KingEd' timestamp='1293515618' post='2556004']
Embrace war, friends, don't fear it. People like you are the cause of the !@#$@#$ boredom around here. However, I'm having my fun so I pretty much don't care.
[/quote]

"Embrace war, alienate friends!"

Right.....

[quote name='KingEd' timestamp='1293494781' post='2555628']
So I have a lot of respect for FEAR on that end; however, it doesn't mean I can't laugh a bit because they sought peace a day after.
[/quote]

I'm going to have to disagree with you here. Those peace talks were by 3rd party candidates who were only afraid of war. FEAR did not start with peace talks until Christmas Eve. Even though we we're all in the same channel, that was not FEAR's doing.

Edited by Kongo Jack