GATO DoW on ODN

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These fake DoWs are pretty lame, sure you might get a few extra clicks, but I'm not sure why you would want people to consider your announcements a waste of time by misleading people into seeing something they aren't interested in reading about. When you try hyping it up to being a DoW in the title anything you might be announcing is boring in comparison to expectations, making people feel like you've wasted their time with a pointless joke thread regardless of whether they would of found the announcement somewhat interesting if they hadn't been mislead into thinking it would be something much more interesting. I had a feeling it was a joke thread from the title due to the alliances involved and decided to check it anyways, but these types of thread make me less likely to read announcements from the posting alliance in the future.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1293291765' post='2553592']
but these types of thread make me less likely to read announcements from the posting alliance in the future.
[/quote]
Well, I guess we know how to keep you away in the future then right?

[quote name='hankidan' timestamp='1293309723' post='2553748']
Well, I guess we know how to keep you away in the future then right?
[/quote]
Keep posting joke DoW topics and you'll find out eventually, although I make no guarantees that I won't point out how stupid it is next time you do it as well. Joke DoWs are one of the most overdone jokes on planet bob, nobody finds them funny anymore except sometimes those posting them.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1293313084' post='2553771']
Keep posting joke DoW topics and you'll find out eventually, although I make no guarantees that I won't point out how stupid it is next time you do it as well. Joke DoWs are one of the most overdone jokes on planet bob, nobody finds them funny anymore except sometimes those posting them.
[/quote]

You could easily ignore those types of topics instead of posting in them.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1293313084' post='2553771']
[/quote]

[quote name='RePePe' timestamp='1293314002' post='2553773']
You know, all these "writing DoW but replacing the 'War' with something else" announcements are just lame.

Please stop.
[/quote]
The difference is they wrote it wasn't a real DoW below the title of the thread before you even clicked it if you bothered to read it. -_-

[quote name='Voodoo Nova' timestamp='1293315075' post='2553779']
You could easily ignore those types of topics instead of posting in them.
[/quote]
They could easily not make these types of topics as well, but if they are worried about people posting in it and not everyone hailing their sense of humor in the comments, they should come up with something more original if they want a better reaction. They're free to keep making these topics, but I'm also free to point out I think these types of topics are stupid to make. I don't have anything against GATO, but I figured by pointing out how these types of topics are perceived they might think twice before they continue to make themselves out to be a joke alliance who can't limit themselves to April Fools Day. Although I realize GATO isn't the only one who does this, but they're obviously still doing it with the creation of this thread, so I might as well express my opinions on these types of topics here.

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1293318036' post='2553797']
/r/ Max's poem in full

Also mad props on annoying anyone who thought GATO DoWing on the ODN was remotely likely. Especially Methrage, although confusing him doesn't seem to be particularly difficult now days.
[/quote]
I didn't think GATO would DoW ODN, being confused has nothing to do with pointing out something you find to be stupid, although I've long given up on reading anything intelligent when looking at a post by someone from MK. Its not like MK's reputation is worth anything anymore anyways.

So all of you thought the "Declaration of We're-not-worthy" meant war? It's just under the title, not exactly hard to read.

Lighten up and chill, it's the holidays ;)

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1293318582' post='2553800']
I didn't think GATO would DoW ODN, being confused has nothing to do with pointing out something you find to be stupid, although I've long given up on reading anything intelligent when looking at a post by someone from MK. Its not like MK's reputation is worth anything anymore anyways.
[/quote]

Thankfully this thread has nothing to do with MK then. Thankfully it is a GATO thread, therefore intelligent and naturally, poetic! (<3 Verc)

To ODN;

Now we're on equal awesomeness. :P

Edited by Frederico Rodriguez

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1293318582' post='2553800']
[/quote]
Are you sure? You appear to have some confusion differentiating between GATO and MK.