Legio Frigidum

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1292378987' post='2539872']To be perfectly candid, if OoOlite is real, it would be the best thing to happen to Planet Bob in many months, thus fear would be the last emotion I was use to describe my reaction.[/quote]

Wait, what the hell? If it is real? That implies there's actually some remote chance of it.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1292378987' post='2539872']
As to the relative value of a treaty with NpO versus a treaty with Valhalla and BAPS...naturally if NpO can be sold on the purpose and goals of a project, simple math should tell you who the better ally would be. The world has proven to be far more complicated than that however.
[/quote]

Selling us on a project is probably different from badgering us until we say "fine, go do what you want."

[quote name='Bob Janova' timestamp='1292373500' post='2539838']
Wait, seriously? Legion is not that significant on the world stage, probably about at the same level as Valhalla, but it's unquestionable that NpO is a major player. You may not [i]like[/i] them, or think that they're honourable or trustworthy, but they're one of the main alliances around which other alliances and power spheres congregate. Conversely, you might like Valhalla and BAPS, but neither of those (especially BAPS) is an alliance that's really considered in major geostrategic calculations. Legion's definitely signed a 'more important' treaty here than the ones they dropped (on a similar level to the one they had with IRON, who are another significant alliance). I guess Polar saw an opportunity to link up with the NPO+Purple loose cluster, though judging by some of the reaction, it might have more the effect of pulling Legion out of that cluster.
[/quote]
Geostrategically a significant alliance, but I'd rather have 1 Valhalla on my side during a war than 20 NpO's. 1) Valhalla WILL keep it's word an back you down 2) Valhalla actually knows how to wage war. There is no way legion would have made the better end of a deal over here.

[quote name='Moridin' timestamp='1292393914' post='2540049']
Wait, what the hell? If it is real? That implies there's actually some remote chance of it.
[/quote]

Odin must be sober and Loki finally sane because I agree with Mori and his implication that a new version of the orders old relationship is a foregone conclusion.

First time for everything eh mori? :P

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' timestamp='1292398240' post='2540078']
Great lies of Cyber Nations:

2006-2008: The Ordnance of the Orders will never fall!
2010: The Ordnance of the Orders is dead. It can never come back!
[/quote]

I'm not saying it will never come back. I think it's unlikely, personally, but I've learned enough to never say "never". However, the notion that the two alliances are [i]currently[/i] in some some of partnership is absurd.

[quote name='DictatatorDan' timestamp='1292426923' post='2540187']
[color="#FF0000"]I have been laughing at this since it came out. I thought Polaris was smart enough to know that Legion is awful. Aparently not.

[i]Ave Polio[/i][/color]
[/quote]

Late troll is late.

[quote name='T.Hubb' timestamp='1292387841' post='2539955']
Arbiter was never MoFA. I wouldn't necessarily refer to anyone else as being blind if you don't have your facts in order.
[/quote]
My bad added an A there but he was .gov none the less. Who are you again oh wait that would be like asking who Chef Joe is right

[quote name='Brutilius' timestamp='1292422279' post='2540164']
I did mention it several pages ago.
[/quote]
OH MY how did i miss that if that is true the amount of hilarity now is doubled.

[quote name='Ziperia' timestamp='1292395917' post='2540065']
Geostrategically a significant alliance, but I'd rather have 1 Valhalla on my side during a war than 20 NpO's. 1) Valhalla WILL keep it's word an back you down 2) Valhalla actually knows how to wage war. There is no way legion would have made the better end of a deal over here.
[/quote]
Ah, well that's a separate argument, and not one which I want to get into here.

[quote]I'm not saying it [OoO] will never come back. I think it's unlikely, personally, but I've learned enough to never say "never". However, the notion that the two alliances are currently in some some of partnership is absurd.[/quote]
I agree. Hence this type of cluster-linking treaty, so you can use each other to ensure mutual security without actually having to work with each other, by connecting with each other's allies. (Except, as I noted earlier, I think this might pull Legion right out of the NPO/Purple sphere, judging by some of the comments from people in that sphere in this thread. But I don't think that was the intention.)

[quote name='Bob Janova' timestamp='1292437585' post='2540268']

I agree. Hence this type of cluster-linking treaty, so you can use each other to ensure mutual security without actually having to work with each other, by connecting with each other's allies. (Except, as I noted earlier, I think this might pull Legion right out of the NPO/Purple sphere, judging by some of the comments from people in that sphere in this thread. But I don't think that was the intention.)
[/quote]
Im not sure but i dont believe legion holds any purple treaties at all anymore at least not that im aware of. So pulling them from purple isnt really true as they pretty much left purple politcally already by their own choosing.

[quote name='Grumpdogg' timestamp='1292371096' post='2539809']
I really don't think you are in a position of authority when it comes to judging good posts either.
[/quote]

I really don't think that you are in position to judging anything traitor, but your post is deliciously ironic.

Also, congratulations in being a failure as leader. :laugh:

[quote name='ak47don' timestamp='1292372369' post='2539829']
Upset? We're laughing at the two of you.
[/quote]

Oh I see...

Edited by D34th

[/quote]
Could you please list who you take to be in the NPO/Purple sphere?

The only Purple alliances who are directly allied to NPO are Olympus and Legion. Olympus is a Poseidon member and does have ties to other Purple alliances, but all of Legion's treaties are to Blue and Red alliances.

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1292442797' post='2540314']
Could you please list who you take to be in the NPO/Purple sphere?

The only Purple alliances who are directly allied to NPO are Olympus and Legion. Olympus is a Poseidon member and does have ties to other Purple alliances, but all of Legion's treaties are to Blue and Red alliances.
[/quote]
Haf is quite correct, though I expect people still think Invicta is Purple for some reason
Olympus/NPO is also non chaining.
But the link to the rest of the purple sphere through this Haf, would be TPF, I am going to take a punt as that is what Bob is alluding to

I'm surprised no one else noticed this.

A full day after the posting of the original treaty, the treaty text was edited to include the red text below:

[quote]Article VI – External Treaties
In the event that a conflict arises from an external treaty or agreement, this treaty shall remain resolute. These conflicts will be resolved on a case-by-case basis between the signatories of this treaty.

[color="#FF0000"][b]The respective parties are not obliged to offer assistance should either signatory alliance become involved in a conflict via other treaties with other alliances or blocs. Either signatory alliance may offer assistance in such an event but any assistance would be voluntary. [/b][/color][/quote]

It's clear that a full day after the posting of the treaty, they threw in a last-minute non-chaining clause. Thoughts on why they made the decision just now and not from the get-go?

Edited by RePePe

[quote name='RePePe' timestamp='1292447659' post='2540344']
I'm surprised no one else noticed this.

A full day after the posting of the original treaty, the treaty text was edited to include the red text below:

It's clear that a full day after the posting of the treaty, they threw in a last-minute non-chaining clause. Thoughts?
[/quote]

All Polaris treaties are non-chaining so no surprise here.

As long as both parties agreed to the change (and I assume both did since I don't see any OMGWTFBBQ statements from Legion and an NpO guy made the edit) then I see no problem with this last-minute edit. It is well within their rights to modify their own treaty as they see fit.

[/quote]
[quote name='Bob Janova']-Legion's definitely signed a 'more important' treaty here than the ones they dropped-[/quote]
Are you sure? cause it really sounds like you are saying the gained of this treaty. I say that's not the case, not by a long shot.