A New Chapter for Purple

Axolotlia

[quote name='wickedj' timestamp='1292113343' post='2536879']
Saw the topic and though "UPN left purple?" now i see its another silly color unity bloc thats doomed to fail
[/quote]
oh my wicked

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1292132357' post='2537111']
It's a long list.

Purple seems to be turning into White. Oh well; the two colours have had a lot in common for some time now. I suppose it makes sense.
[/quote]
oh haflinger but here is one thing that has been fixed on purple [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=89527&st=0&p=2385119&fromsearch=1&#entry2385119"]this day purple got better[/url]

Edited by Buds The Man

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's interesting to see people still signing colour-based economic treaties. I thought that the current fashion was for calling these useless and undervaluing a positive atmosphere within a trading sphere.

Congratulations to Purple, this is a good move in my opinion.

[quote name='Bob Janova' timestamp='1292166650' post='2537331']
It's interesting to see people still signing colour-based economic treaties. I thought that the current fashion was for calling these useless and undervaluing a positive atmosphere within a trading sphere.

Congratulations to Purple, this is a good move in my opinion.
[/quote]
Signing pointless colour treaties gives the bureaucratic types something to do when there is no war in the offing

It's a long list.

Purple seems to be turning into White. Oh well; the two colours have had a lot in common for some time now. I suppose it makes sense.
[/quote]

Bail out on a fire you helped to create, and then, as the others involved work to put out said fire, you try to pelt them with stones.

How very honorable of you, sir.

[quote name='Buds The Man' timestamp='1292166379' post='2537329']
oh haflinger but here is one thing that has been fixed on purple [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=89527&st=0&p=2385119&fromsearch=1&#entry2385119"]this day purple got better[/url]
[/quote]
"Better" is a subjective viewpoint, and I don't really know too much about purple anymore. I was just answering Locke's question about the problem with PEACE, which is something I do know quite a lot about.

[quote name='RePePe' timestamp='1292171118' post='2537366']
Bail out on a fire you helped to create, and then, as the others involved work to put out said fire, you try to pelt them with stones.

How very honorable of you, sir.
[/quote]
Hmmm?

I've nothing against White team. I'm not sure how being compared to them is the same as being pelted with stones.

[quote name='raasaa' timestamp='1292177511' post='2537421']
good to see color unity. as long as everyone contributes and does their bit, this econ bloc will def prosper.

Now that PoP is out, will PEACE bloc disband or limp on ??
[/quote]
Purple is nowhere near being unified. Some of Purple just decided to put aside their extreme hatred for some of the others and agree on some econ stuff.

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1292178141' post='2537425']
Purple is nowhere near being unified. Some of Purple just decided to put aside their extreme hatred for some of the others and agree on some econ stuff.
[/quote]
Yes and No, the extreme hatred is still there, and we can still kill each other, we are just not going to use sanctions to achieve our goals.

Without all the other clauses of defence etc, there is no need for someone to drive this along, but rather they can utilise the systems in place at their leisure, the more an alliance puts in the more they get out, which is what was missing in the final days of PEACE as it was

It's a long list.

[/quote]

id rather be called white then called yellow like i have seen in regards to some comments about yourselves haf.

ohwai im sorry you like to say your 'red'....must be color blind also i guess..

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1292177705' post='2537422']
The answer to this question is in the OP; Poseidon and Pegasus, the surviving parts of PEACE, continue.
[/quote]

Correct, that's why it was included into the OP

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1292178141' post='2537425']
[/quote]

And that's why this is apolitical. We know Purple will not be 100% unified in the near future so why strive for an impossible goal? Instead focusing on econ allows us to work together and have a basis of respect for one another as well as to create new relations with those whom we share Purple with.

[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1292184895' post='2537529']
Seems that iFOK has made peace with some of its purple neighbors.
[/quote]
Yeah look at that ifok signed with us. I tip my hat to Graphix and repepe who really worked their collective asses off for valhalla in this. Im glad to see this econ treaty get going and even more pleased that it seems that web lines have been crossed to do it. Im honored to see Valhalla involved with POP and look forward to working with all to maintain a friendly sphere.

first to Waffles and band and everybody else who worked to get his done :wub:

When this was first brought up I really didn't think it would ever happen because of how diverse purple is. Face it, who thought iFOK would ever sign anything with most of purple? Because of the diversity there was no way any treaty with any kind of military clause would work. I am pleased that even though we know we probably won't ever see things the same politically we are able to look past that to help each other economically.

For maybe the first time I can say o/ Purple

[quote name='kriekfreak' timestamp='1292156122' post='2537286']
Color Unity bloc have always been used as a tool to pin down alliances on the opposite side. We didn't want this for PoP so there weren't any NAP's or ODP's clauses included.
[/quote]
Opposite side? There was never any need for "opposite sides" on purple. If you felt "pinned down" for not being able to declare on the rest of purple, purple wasn't for you.

[quote name='Buds The Man' timestamp='1292166379' post='2537329']
[/quote]
Am I mistaken, or isn't your PIAT with Invicta still active? If so, this is hardly the place to be throwing insults.

That said, I'm not in the least surprised, given the way purple turned since I left. Haf is quite correct in his likening of purple to white. I know how dedicated Invicta was to purple unity, so you all must have $%&@ed up something awful to make them consider moving. Guess "Purple is for lovers" doesn't really apply anymore, eh?

And since purple started to turn nasty around when I left, I will take full responsibility for the occurrence; the love is gone because Locke is gone. :awesome:

Edited by Locke

[quote name='Locke' timestamp='1292193653' post='2537647']Am I mistaken, or isn't your PIAT with Invicta still active? If so, this is hardly the place to be throwing insults.[/quote]

You are mistaken.

[quote]I know how dedicated Invicta was to purple unity,[/quote]

You've got to be joking.

Edited by RePePe

[quote name='RePePe' timestamp='1292193892' post='2537654']
You are mistaken.

You've got to be joking.
[/quote]
Well, someone tell them that, they still show it as [url="http://www.cn-invicta.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=72&t=381"]active[/url]. :v: That said, glad to see that one finally gone.

I was CoS for them and I can tell you I am most assuredly [i]not[/i] joking. Your age betrays you.