The CyberNations World Cup 2010

kamichi

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Brutilius' timestamp='1292432595' post='2540220']
Everyone wants to beat Nemesis, why all the hate people?

But really, we should walk through the group phase....
[/quote]
I want you guys to advance too! Just in second place :v:

We'll settle for a draw with you. :3

Edited by KagetheSecond

[i]Juve TOOLino Stuns Dons[/i]

DUBVLINIA - Even though many of the members of Juventus TOOLino are no longer in TOOL, they gelled together when it mattered most to secure a hard-fought 1-0 victory against MK Dons, who were in the group expected to be the favourites. Even captain-manager Jarkko Salomäki was having trouble believing they'd won.

"They came out quite strong, and I'm rather amazed they didn't score any goals in that first half," said the massive TOOLino skipper, who played at left back. "They kept fluffing their shots for some reason, and the one shot that [Ikaru] Kakou-san stopped was barely a challenge. But they did play pretty well up until about half way through the second half, then we started getting actual decent chances, although a couple folks need to learn to pass more. Still, the pass from GK [Graham Keatley] to Dodo was pure class."

The big Uralican was a factor in the push forward, making two key interceptions, including one that led to the eventual goal, after the left back whipped a pass across to doeroler, who cleverly back-heeled it to Keatley, who in turn made a nice chip onto the left foot of his striker and best friend Dodoei123 who flicked it up and volleyed it past James_I.

"Yeah, you could say I put my two bits in," Jarkko said. "But while it took a team effort, Dodo, Graham, and doeroler really were the biggest impact players."

TOOLino's next outing is against White City, who lost 2-1 against Verde e Brancos.

@ kamichi - you haven't finished the games played and losses for Group B.

Edited by Uralica

[quote name='Uralica' timestamp='1292453773' post='2540417']
[i]Juve TOOLino Stuns Dons[/i]

DUBVLINIA - Even though many of the members of Juventus TOOLino are no longer in TOOL, they gelled together when it mattered most to secure a hard-fought 1-0 victory against MK Dons, who were in the group expected to be the favourites. Even captain-manager Jarkko Salomäki was having trouble believing they'd won.

"They came out quite strong, and I'm rather amazed they didn't score any goals in that first half," said the massive TOOLino skipper, who played at left back. "They kept fluffing their shots for some reason, and the one shot that [Ikaru] Kakou-san stopped was barely a challenge. But they did play pretty well up until about half way through the second half, then we started getting actual decent chances, although a couple folks need to learn to pass more. Still, the pass from GK [Graham Keatley] to Dodo was pure class."

The big Uralican was a factor in the push forward, making two key interceptions, including one that led to the eventual goal, after the left back whipped a pass across to doeroler, who cleverly back-heeled it to Keatley, who in turn made a nice chip onto the left foot of his striker and best friend Dodoei123 who flicked it up and volleyed it past James_I.

"Yeah, you could say I put my two bits in," Jarkko said. "But while it took a team effort, Dodo, Graham, and doeroler really were the biggest impact players."

TOOLino's next outing is against White City, who lost 2-1 against Verde e Brancos.

[/quote]
This tournament needs a wiki page. I choose you.

[quote name='Uralica' timestamp='1292453773' post='2540417']
[/quote]

Thanks. At first I had it down as an ODN win/FOK loss by mistake. I'd thought I'd corrected it after arexes pointed it out, but not quite it seems.

[size="3"]Verde edge out City in opener[/size]

A quick-fire double from probablamenteno saw Verde e Brancos overcome White City United in what proved to be a tense opening encounter.

In what has been called the group of death, following Juve's shock win over MK earlier on in the day, both teams were looking to make their own impression.

It was Verde who made the early impact, with skilful winger Armus dy Cazaril causing White City's defence all sorts of problems down the right. After breaking into the area, the Chalionese winger picked out the unmarked prob in the middle who duly slotted home from close range. Still reeling from the early onslaught, some sloppy play then saw New Frontier concede possession, allowing prob to round the opposition's defence and slot home coolly.

Seemingly out of it, White City were given a lifeline midway through the first half when Steve French sent in an excellent cross from the right that saw Gumby head against his own crossbar. Sandler followed up with the rebound to make his reprieve a brief one.

More chances for either side came later on in the game, but it was Verde who hung on to send them to the top of Group A.

VeB's second group game sees them face MK, whilst White City will be looking for a better result against Juve.

Edited by Luckao