Final Federation of Buccaneers Announcement

Stormsend

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1291754098' post='2533140']
[color="#0000FF"]You know, I've got a sneaking feeling that the only people who still haven't gotten over that are not and never have been in KoN![/color]
[/quote]

I'm pretty sure that you are right, I hold my grudges with care and love.

[quote name='Londo Mollari' timestamp='1291755296' post='2533152']
You rejoice over the disbandment and death of a community, while we mourn, and you are moral and we are immoral?

Strange times indeed.
[/quote]

I rejoice over the disbandment and death of a community/alliance that I don't like and because of that I'm immoral? New definition of morality is like everyone around you? So I'm immoral! A alliance that I don't like failed and disbanded and I'm really happy and if this is outrageous to you and others friends of FoB that's not my problem. What I did was disrespectful? Yeah it is, and since when alliances like FoB deserve respect?

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1291766130' post='2533324']
since when alliances like FoB deserve respect?
[/quote]

Conversely, since when alliances like FoB deserve disrespect? They did what to you to get you so butthurt?

Edited by SirWilliam

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1291766581' post='2533328']
Conversely, since when alliances like FoB deserve disrespect? They did what to you to get you so butthurt?
[/quote]

I believe respect is earned, and that stunt with raiding a random innocent alliance just cause they were vulnerable probably didn't earn much with d34th.

Now, I don't wish to turn this into a discussion on the merits of using of your privileged position to make others suffer, just to throw in my 2 cents.

[quote name='deSouza' timestamp='1291771021' post='2533396']
I believe respect is earned, and that stunt with raiding a random innocent alliance just cause they were vulnerable probably didn't earn much with d34th.
[/quote]

Fair enough; however, it was a single incident which they made amends for to the satisfaction of the aggrieved party, and that [i]is[/i] how raiding (even when ill-advised) works.

(I would've preferred D34th answer for himself though. :P)

[quote name='TheNeverender' timestamp='1291693275' post='2532588']
It's D34th. What else did you expect?
[/quote]
[quote name='TheNeverender' timestamp='1288315880' post='2495848']
tbh I more or less always wanted and still actively want BAPS to burn and make no real secret about it.
[/quote]

So is hypocrisy just second hand nature at this point to you and [b]yours[/b], because you do it without much afterthought.

Edited by The MVP

[quote name='MagicalTrevor' timestamp='1291753832' post='2533137']
His alliance isn't in a very strong political position right now and him mouthing off over an alliance that has done nothing to his and in fact has been called honourable and fair by 95% of people on both(all) sides of the web doesn't really help that situation does it. I love how you assume it is a threat because i'm in MK btw. If i'd have said the same in STA (i would have) it'd have been seen as some advise from an ally who knows what he is talking about.

Oh well, enjoy your tinted glasses :>
[/quote]

His alliance, my alliance, is just fine I assure you. As far as mouthing off, I'm certain that what he says doesn't put our alliance in any situation, good or bad, especially with you and yours. Now if Random came with similar remarks, possibly. Also, I didn't assume you meant it as a threat. Specifically I said "thought/threat/empty promise" because I wanted you to clarify which is was. As far as the last point, no alliance (ally or not) needs to be telling my alliance mate what he should or should not say.

Edited by TheyCallMeJeezy

[quote name='TheyCallMeJeezy' timestamp='1291772412' post='2533413']
His alliance, my alliance, is just fine I assure you. As far as mouthing off, I'm certain that what he says doesn't put our alliance in any situation, good or bad, especially with you and yours. Now if Random came with similar remarks, possibly. Also, I didn't assume you meant it as a threat. Specifically I said "thought/threat/empty promise" because I wanted you to clarify which is was. As far as the last point, no alliance (ally or not) needs to be telling my alliance mate what he should or should not say.
[/quote]

I think you do, considering the very people you now oppose are the exact same people's victory you assured.

[quote name='The MVP' timestamp='1291772258' post='2533411']
So is hypocrisy just second hand nature at this point to you and [b]yours[/b], because you do it without much afterthought.
[/quote]

Because wanting an alliance to burn (via war) is comparable to pissing on the grave of a disbanded alliance, right?

Hypocrisy that is not; quite a stretch it is.

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1291772786' post='2533417']
Because wanting an alliance to burn (via war) is comparable to pissing on the grave of a disbanded alliance, right?

Hypocrisy that is not; quite a stretch it is.
[/quote]

You can just beat about the bush all you want but fact is that it is comparable. Saying you want an alliance to burn is equivocal to saying you want it disbanded, except for the very fact you want the sadistic pleasure in destroying the alliance yourself.

Hypocrisy it is, denial you wish to.. attain? Trademark of MK and [b]yours[/b], to be perfectly honest and objective.

[quote]What you think doesn't worry me. [/quote]

Then please pull the same stunt you pulled last war and see how well it goes for you.

Edited by The MVP

[quote name='The MVP' timestamp='1291773007' post='2533421']
You can just beat about the bush all you want but fact is that it is comparable. Saying you want an alliance to burn is equivocal to saying you want it disbanded, except for the very fact you want the sadistic pleasure in destroying the alliance yourself.
[/quote]

I dunno, really it would be up to the person who said it,to say what they meant by it. Personally if I said I wanted to see an alliance burn, it would mean I'd want them to take a shellacking, not see them disband.

Edited by supercoolyellow

Saying you want an alliance to burn is equivocal to saying you want it disbanded
[/quote]

No, it's not. At all. And it's far from comparable to pissing on one's grave in a disbandment notice.

Oh, but you said it's fact, [i]and[/i] hypocrisy, [i]and[/i] you're being objective, so it must be so!

Edited by SirWilliam

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1291773528' post='2533429']
No, it's not. At all. And it's far from comparable to pissing on one's grave in a disbandment notice.

Oh, but you said it's fact, [i]and[/i] hypocrisy, [i]and[/i] you're so objective, so it must be so!

Trademark of you and [b]yours[/b]. :P
[/quote]

I am and the only reason I'm here is because Stormsend wanted me to see me mock him and his alliance so there you are.

And SCY, seeing an alliance burn has brought alliances to its knees to the point of disbandment. And don't tell me this !@#$%^&* about alliances who are tough and overcome it or any nonsense like that. Fact is burning an alliance to the ground often does lead to disbandment due to such debilitating wars and terms.

[/quote]

I think all alliances should be tested through war, some more than others but that doesn't mean I want them to disband. I was actually a supporter of \m/, GOONs, and FAN being recreated and released respectively. I don't care for their tactics, thoughts, or words but I want them here.

Also, we do all our own stunts.

You quoted me before my edit. :(

[quote name='The MVP' timestamp='1291773720' post='2533432']
And SCY, seeing an alliance burn has brought alliances to its knees to the point of disbandment. And don't tell me this !@#$%^&* about alliances who are tough and overcome it or any nonsense like that. Fact is burning an alliance to the ground often does lead to disbandment due to such debilitating wars and terms.
[/quote]

Sometimes has, yes. Necessarily does, no. That is the distinction.

I did a quick skim and...

[quote name='TheyCallMeJeezy' timestamp='1291661452' post='2532119']
gl where ever you go
[/quote]

[quote name='Roi Loup' timestamp='1291671128' post='2532303']
i bid $30,000,001.

sad to see alliances end like that. good luck
[/quote]

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1291680123' post='2532460']
Nothing of value was lost.
[/quote]

1/3...you got us.

Edited by TheyCallMeJeezy

This negativity is starting to get annoying. Stop quibbling in my thread with your petty babble. I have no qualms with D34th other than his conduct here toward an alliance that did nothing to him, much like the others who posted their obvious disdain for an alliance that, in the past several months, tried its best to get out of the shadow the previous leaders cast over it. You are allowed your grudges, but you are not welcome here. For those of you defending FoB from the tasteless posters, I thank you, but you're not helping matters. Don't pay so much attention to the bottom feeders and mouth breathers. Let them dig their own grave.

[quote name='Stormsend' timestamp='1291774781' post='2533448']
This negativity is starting to get annoying. Stop quibbling in my thread with your petty babble. I have no qualms with D34th other than his conduct here toward an alliance that did nothing to him, much like the others who posted their obvious disdain for an alliance that, in the past several months, tried its best to get out of the shadow the previous leaders cast over it. You are allowed your grudges, but you are not welcome here. For those of you defending FoB from the tasteless posters, I thank you, but you're not helping matters. Don't pay so much attention to the bottom feeders and mouth breathers. Let them dig their own grave.
[/quote]

I thought this is what you wanted, you really need to make up your mind.

[quote name='The MVP' timestamp='1291775249' post='2533452']
I thought this is what you wanted, you really need to make up your mind.
[/quote]
What I wanted was a proper burial for an alliance that I truly cared for and tried to get back to a respectable position. I didn't want the likes of you treating it like every other thread - a playground for opposing junior high cliques to stand in front of each other and beat their chests.