An Announcement from the Mushroom Kingdom

Ardus

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1289920495' post='2514615']
You not using it as a CB just shows how irrelevant this incident was since everyone know that you would love to to roll NPO again if you had a good CB.

Also since just two ex-pacificians were kicked I doubt that happened because NPO hatred for MK, looks like their hate this two ex-members who left them to join their greatest enemy.
[/quote]

When we left NPO to join MK, MK was a newly formed alliance of less than 50 people, and a protectorate of GOONS who was at that time a close NPO ally.

Hardly NPOs greatest enemy, regardless of what transpired afterwards.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1289920495' post='2514615']
You not using it as a CB just shows how irrelevant this incident was since everyone know that you would love to to roll NPO again if you had a good CB.

Also since just two ex-pacificians were kicked I doubt that happened because NPO hatred for MK, looks like their hate this two ex-members who left them to join their greatest enemy.
[/quote]

Not really. What it shows is that they are able to react without resorting to stomping someone. Not everything needs to lead to a war.

In this case, turnabout is fair play. If you can't take it, don't shovel it.

Edited by AirMe

[quote name='AirMe' timestamp='1289920720' post='2514621']
Not really. What it shows is that they are able to react without resorting to stomping someone. Not everything needs to lead to a war.

In this case, turnabout is fair play. If you can't take it, don't shovel it.
[/quote]

AirMe didn't you know? There are three possible outcomes for any event:

1) Nothing happens. Insert lots of "Do something about it" statements from smug individuals.
2) Reparations paid. Insert cries of extortion from those paying.
2) War. Insert lots of "Becoming the monster" statements from people getting rolled.

There is no middle ground. There is no room for countermeasures that aren't straight up war. Anything else is just a blatant PR grab to cover up one of the above 3 scenarios that have occurred within the last few weeks.

[quote name='Voytek' timestamp='1289920502' post='2514616']
They're talking about STA there. Alyster has already commented positively on my posting on NPO's boards, if you'll just care to look back and check? :)

Hey, you know something - it's [i]almost like I am able to change my posting habits depending on the situation[/i]. Fancy that.

Edit: Beaten to it.
[/quote]

sorry for the mix-up. i was mistaken.

[quote name='Seerow' timestamp='1289920385' post='2514614']
The two diplomats who were demasked in this case were myself and Tamerlane. I unfortunately can't tell you what was edited, given I don't have access to see that, though it would be interesting to see what they are doing with posts made by the two of us.

As for what we did to warrant the demasking? We left the NPO 3 years ago. That's pretty much the long and short of it.
[/quote]

may i ask, how long you were a diplomat before being booted?

[quote name='Seerow' timestamp='1289920894' post='2514623']
AirMe didn't you know? There are three possible outcomes for any event:

1) Nothing happens. Insert lots of "Do something about it" statements from smug individuals.
2) Reparations paid. Insert cries of extortion from those paying.
2) War. Insert lots of "Becoming the monster" statements from people getting rolled.

There is no middle ground. There is no room for countermeasures that aren't straight up war. Anything else is just a blatant PR grab to cover up one of the above 3 scenarios that have occurred within the last few weeks.
[/quote]

Apparently. People want to complain that political intrigue is dead, and then complain when there is some political intrigue!

[quote name='AirMe' timestamp='1289921027' post='2514628']
Apparently. People want to complain that political intrigue is dead, and then complain when there is some political intrigue![/quote]
If this is what counts as political intrigue these days then things are worse than anyone could possibly have imagined.

[quote name='Vladimir' timestamp='1289921204' post='2514632']
If this is what counts as political intrigue these days then things are worse than anyone could possibly have imagined.
[/quote]

Baby steps my dear Vladimir. Baby steps. Not all political intrigue needs to be solved at the tip of a nuclear missile.

[quote name='Matthew Conrad' timestamp='1289904191' post='2514474']
Who exactly called what? The same people who see nothing wrong with a milestone announcement somehow think this is trivial in comparison. How very trite. They're so very uninterested that they find it in them to tell us how uninterested they are? Great stuff!
[/quote]

wait, i do hope you are not talking about me. i never once stated that MK should not post this and in fact have been asking questions about what actually occurred. so please do not say same people since i am one of the most vocal people in that milestone thread about how it is not trivial. and again, i have yet to state any such thing about this thread.

[quote name='Lord Gobb' timestamp='1289908047' post='2514503']
Or are you looking for for a copypaste dump of posts pre- and post-edit? I don't really see why you shouldn't be able to trust Ardus' post above, since all I've seen from NPO in this thread is snarky comments about our culture and accusations that we are doing this only to make NPO look evil and whatnot. So far nothing about posts being edited or people getting banned because they were offensive.
[/quote]

edit: that is what i get for reading and posting comments at the same time.

Edited by Dochartaigh

[/quote]
Well, apparently even milestone announcements are more interesting and important than announcements like this, at least according to some of the more vocal people here.

[quote name='Lord Gobb' timestamp='1289921538' post='2514638']
Well, apparently even milestone announcements are more interesting and important than announcements like this, at least according to some of the more vocal people here.
[/quote]

No, they complain about those too and how they clog up the political channels.

[/quote]
I just want to take the time and thank you for that image in your signature.

In general, I hope people will look at history and see that [i]Grenval did this. And did it better.[/i]

Edited by Stormsend

[quote name='Stormsend' timestamp='1289921618' post='2514640']
I just want to take the time and thank you for that image in your signature.

In general, I hope people will look at history and see that [i]Grenval did this. And did it better.[/i]
[/quote]

One would argue that Electron Sponge was the catalyst in that situation. You only can do it as good as your opposition will let you.

[quote name='AirMe' timestamp='1289921027' post='2514628']
People want to complain that political intrigue is dead, and then complain when there is some political intrigue!
[/quote]

I believe you misunderstand the complaint. Allow me to explain by way of example.

You see, when the NPO vandalized Nordreich's embassy I simply told them that I was done speaking with them. I didn't come crying to the rest of the world that I still had an 'Outcast' mask, that they were being mean to me and so on. I kept private relations....[i]private[/i]. I didn't broadcast it to the world while sobbing that "This is something they used to get angry about and now they're doing it themselves."

[/quote]

You've no idea how much it pains me to admit that I agree with you.

[quote name='AirMe' timestamp='1289921610' post='2514639']
No, they complain about those too and how they clog up the political channels.
[/quote]
Which leads to alliances not posting announcements and that, dear god, is shady backroom talking and requires log dumps and anonymous intelligence hubs.

[quote name='Ashoka the Great' timestamp='1289921779' post='2514642']
I believe you misunderstand the complaint. Allow me to explain by way of example.

You see, when the NPO vandalized Nordreich's embassy I simply told them that I was done speaking with them. I didn't come crying to the rest of the world that I still had an 'Outcast' mask, that they were being mean to me and so on. I kept private relations....[i]private[/i]. I didn't broadcast it to the world while sobbing that "This is something they used to get angry about and now they're doing it themselves."

You've no idea how much it pains me to admit that I agree with you.
[/quote]

I didn't miss the point, but you have missed mine. My point is: [b]YOU HAVE TO START SOMEWHERE[/b] at least they are trying though. No one else is.

[quote name='Stormsend' timestamp='1289922227' post='2514656']
What world are we in, if not the real one?
[/quote]

Quite obviously the fake one. :smug:

I came, I read, I determined that this was an attempt to regain face from the whole NSO extortion/not extortion discussion we had.

o/ MK, you are the just victims again. Pacifica should stop being so mean to you.

edit > Spelling...

Edited by Wu Tang Clan

[quote name='Wu Tang Clan' timestamp='1289922417' post='2514661']
Quite obviously the fake one. :smug:

I came, I read, I determined that this was an attempt to regain face from the whole NSO extortion/not extortion discussion we had.

o/ MK, you are the just victims again. Pacifica should stop being so mean to you.

edit > Spelling...
[/quote]
If MK was interested in saving face, this would've been a wall of text. And it would be Archon posting. Probably.

[quote name='Stormsend' timestamp='1289922572' post='2514664']
If MK was interested in saving face, this would've been a wall of text. And it would be Archon posting. Probably.
[/quote]

I think the point of this post was to secretly see whether any little announcement they make will spawn dozens of pages of replies. It seems so.

[quote name='MetalJoe' timestamp='1289922724' post='2514669']
I think the point of this post was to secretly see whether any little announcement they make will spawn dozens of pages of replies. It seems so.
[/quote]
Can I help it if the world wishes to prove how much attention MK seeks by posting in MK's threads about how much attention they seek?

Edited by Stormsend

Wait, didn't Cager get banned too? Was not he also an ambassador on our forums? That would make three MK diplomats banned in recent days, so why is there no kerfuffle over his banning?

Oh. It's probably because whining over us banning a former member who "vandalized" intellectual property wouldn't make a very good anti-NPO PR stunt, whereas us banning two former members classified as traitors would, potentially, make for a better stunt. What I want to know is, judging by the fact that there was a two-year-long anti-Seerow thread, what made the Mushroom Kingdom think that sending Seerow over to our forums was a good idea? This reminds me of VE sending SethB and expecting some sort of flower-filled reception for him.

/me reads back

Oh, VE is still trying to capitalize off of that "brilliant" maneuver...

Edited by Arcades057