The CyberNations World Cup 2010

kamichi

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The University become the second team to submit a full application. Places going fast, make sure you claim yours!

To help you along, here's a helpful list of suggestions of team names which you should most definitely make use of.

[quote=#mushroom]Checkmate
- Olympique Chaquematé (kamichi)
- - Benoit AirMoi
- Kilmarcheck (James)

FOK
- Kilmarfok (James)

iFOK
- FC Vassal State (arexes)

Ragnarok
- Kilmarnarok (AirMe)

The Legion
- Leedsgion United (James)

Olympus
- Olympusakos (group effort)

Sparta
- Sparta Sparta (kamichi)
- Spartak Sparta (kamichi)
- Sparta Atraps (kamichi)

MHA
- West Harm Utd (James)

- Kilmartop (James)

Gondor
- White City (kamichi)
- Godnor Regis (James)
- leyton gondorient (James)
- - <%kamichi> is gondor on the east of middle earth
- - - no (Betto)

ODN
- Oranje Barnetwork (group effort)

TOOL
- Livertool (James)

C&G
- C______ G_______ Rangers [referred to by initals ala QPR] (kamichi)
- Celtic Glasgow Rangers (James)

The International
- any team with internacional or internazionale come on it's not difficult

Fark
- Kilmarnfark (kamichi)

IRON
- Metalist/Metallurg Oranje/Nacional/Independiente (kamichi)

GATO
- Español du Gato (kamichi)

NPO
- Kilmarnpock
- - <%James_I> i think vladimir is a kilmarnock supporter
- - <%James_I> on that basis, NPO could simply be kilmarnpock

NpO
- KilmarNpOck (kamichi)
- polarhampton wanderers (James)

GOD
- Rotor Godnorov (kamichi)
- Widzew Godz (James)

MCXA
- MCXA Sofia (kamichi)[/quote]

Tetris become the third alliance to submit a completed application. It's very nice to see my pleading for urgency is being taken seriously. :P

[quote name='nippy' timestamp='1288680644' post='2499735']
After our outstanding start to last season was completely tossed, I'm going to have to sit this one out. Perhaps next tourney.
[/quote]

As I said when planning for WC2010 begun, I know I burned through a lot of goodwill by the sudden closure of the SFFL and it's a shame to see that GOONS are a casualty of that. The withdrawal of any active team is saddening so all I can say now is that I do indeed hope to see you back for any future tournaments.

[quote name='kamichi' timestamp='1288695415' post='2499782']
As I said when planning for WC2010 begun, I know I burned through a lot of goodwill by the sudden closure of the SFFL and it's a shame to see that GOONS are a casualty of that. The withdrawal of any active team is saddening so all I can say now is that I do indeed hope to see you back for any future tournaments.
[/quote]

We'll be back. I'm just going to sit this one out. :)

[quote name='kamichi' timestamp='1288695415' post='2499782']
Tetris become the third alliance to submit a completed application. It's very nice to see my pleading for urgency is being taken seriously. :P
[/quote]
Whenever someone tells me things are selling out fast I ALWAYS believe them :(

[quote name='Jens of the desert' timestamp='1288723159' post='2499995']
Whenever someone tells me things are selling out fast I ALWAYS believe them :(
[/quote]

Cheeer up, it means you can admire your team's kit and lineup in all its splendour for an extra few days!

or something

[URL=http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/1682/pes20102010110219123605.png][IMG]http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/1682/pes20102010110219123605.th.png[/IMG][/URL][URL=http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/5395/pes20102010110215251478.png][IMG]http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/5395/pes20102010110215251478.th.png[/IMG][/URL]

White City United, representing the fine alliance of Gondor, are the fourth team in. 16 places left.

[quote name='acrux' timestamp='1288748985' post='2500352']
So if for some reason we have enough people for a Team A and Team B?

just askin
[/quote]

I would rather have 20 unique alliances. I feel that part of the allure of these tournaments is having as wide a pool of participants as possible.

That said, should we not get 20 adequate applications, two teams from a single alliance would be a better solution than me personally controlling teams (because, as history shows, I would win). However, I cannot guarantee that such a team would be able to participate, which means any effort going into team creation could be for nothing.

It also contradicts what I said in the OP (not to mention the spirit of the last few tournaments), so I would be looking for approval from other team managers as well, which is ridiculously bureaucratic for a simple virtual football tournament.

A suggestion for Umbrella themselves though. What I also said in the OP is that teams from defunct alliances would be allowed on a case by case basis. So instead of Umbrella A and B, what about a GenMay team? The same kind of offer is open to any alliance with a significant percentage of members from any single disbanded alliance.