Top 100 nations, what's good?

Hey, I have a question for the upper echilon nations. When I last left CN by lettin my nation die, the top nation in the game was around 85K NS. I believe today the top nation was in the area of 270K. I don't expect anyone to simply divulge their nation stats, but does anyone have any idea what kind of money are the top nations in the game making? And, by extension, how many citizens must those nations have? It must be an absurd figure, given how many days some of them have been in existance. Wow bahahahaha they must be makin [img]http://i862.photobucket.com/albums/ab189/obscureathletes/straight-cash-homie_design.png[/img]

[quote name='xR1 Fatal Instinct' timestamp='1288230522' post='2494741']
I believe on the cn awards some of those nations are collecting 35 to 40 billion on back collects
[/quote]

Woah woah. No actually. The CN Awards page shows total income collected over the [b]entire life[/b] of the nation, not simply one back collection.

35-40 billion in 20 days? If only.

The fact is that bills increase at a rapid rate at the upper echelons. I think a more accurate figure would be about 20mil net profit daily.

[quote name='JoshuaR' timestamp='1288650820' post='2499293']
It ranges in the upper twenties depending on radiation.

On a related note, I wonder what the top war chests are like these days. I need to start buying tech again...
[/quote]

I'm guessing the top lies around 7 Billion or so.

The good thing about being on top is that you have the military strength to knock around all the lower nations. That's pretty much it. Infra bills start to increase higher than the revenue from extra population after a certain point, so they don't make a hell lot more money.

[quote name='Ironfist' timestamp='1288698587' post='2499795']
Not being rude but what do you base this estimate on? Anything in particular?
[/quote]

Multibillion dollar warchest mandates happen a lot. 7B would be around my estimates too. Not many people have the patience to collect much more and go on for a war without one. A 5B warchest would take about a year for a top income nation to collect. You could probably hit 10B if you're really, really patient, but because nobody sees warchests and you can't show them off, I doubt many get that far before spending it.

[quote name='Ironfist' timestamp='1288698587' post='2499795']
Not being rude but what do you base this estimate on? Anything in particular?
[/quote]

It's an estimated guess, Matt Miller had 5.5 Billion or so at the beginning of KARMA. Most nations which I expect to have good chests, have gone through some hard fought battles (KARMA and Bipolar).

I also think someone would have bragged about having more then 10B on hand.

I net around $16.5-17 mil per day after bills at 12k infra with a 7BR resource set. I still have to buy the SDC and NEO wonders. My nation strength is not even in the top 10%.

When I reach 14k infra there won't be much I can do with my money, so I'd probably be building a warchest at a rate of a billion dollars every 50 days.

Edited by Viluin

[quote name='flak attack' timestamp='1288707757' post='2499838']
Vlad Stukov had around 7.5b at the time of the TOP war. I imagine he's probably around 10b at this point.
[/quote]

Ok, then you're probably right. First time I hear about that 7.5 B figure, You can estimate how much he has now. Assuming he still had 7.5 at the end of the war and was at ZI: rebuying back to 12K infra would cost him 1.2 B. So he would have 6.3 B left at the time of surrender -> (I'll use Viluin's net income for approximation of his average net income) so he's now probably around 10 Billion.
Quite impressive and completely useless.

[quote name='thaone' timestamp='1288974445' post='2502979']
Ok, then you're probably right. First time I hear about that 7.5 B figure, You can estimate how much he has now. Assuming he still had 7.5 at the end of the war and was at ZI: rebuying back to 12K infra would cost him 1.2 B. So he would have 6.3 B left at the time of surrender -> (I'll use Viluin's net income for approximation of his average net income) so he's now probably around 10 Billion.
Quite impressive and [b]completely useless[/b].
[/quote]

Agreed. I doubt there's much use for it >_> even in a nuclear war.

[quote name='Ironfist' timestamp='1289006009' post='2503347']
Agreed. I doubt there's much use for it >_> even in a nuclear war.
[/quote]

It's probably a nice feeling knowing you can go nuclear rogue for a year, easily, whenever you want though ;)

[quote name='quigon jinn' timestamp='1289108883' post='2504741']
It's probably a nice feeling knowing you can go nuclear rogue for a year, easily, whenever you want though ;)
[/quote]

Nuclear rogue for a year. I could think of nothing worse. When I quit the game, I'll spend all my money on infrastructure to see how far up the rankings I can go :P

Different agendas I guess.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='JoshuaR' timestamp='1290223350' post='2517925']
I know some with more than $10billion. I'd venture it's actually MUCH higher for someone.
[/quote]

They should trade with me.

These numbers all sound reasonable to me. I would also estimate that most of the larger nations that care to maintain a decent war chest are in the $5-$10B range. That's starting to get unnecessarily high in my opinion, but there's nothing worth spending it on, so most just sit on the cash. Buying more infra is actually detrimental to your net income, and purchasing land or tech have such tiny returns on investment that it's not really worth it.

$20M per day in net income also sounds reasonable. I haven't been paying as much attention lately, but at one point I know I reached $24M per day, which I thought was a pretty cool milestone ($1M/hour!)