Goodbye to PatJenn of Ted

sanpedrodave

[quote name='goldielax25' timestamp='1288066751' post='2493344']
I don't need to talk in hypotheticals, it [b][i]is[/i][/b] pretty funny seeing you flail about missing the points of joke posts and try to bring delusionally irrational arguments against VE every chance you get.
[/quote]

Here's an auto-reply for ya.

[quote name='Reptyler' timestamp='1286566321' post='2479043']
Oh, so you were just joking? I get it.
[/quote]

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Wu Tang Clan' timestamp='1288064308' post='2493310']
While PatJenn may have impacted the game in a more positive light, it would be impossible to say he made the game more interesting than Lennox... just saying.
[/quote]

PatJenn signed and helped realise the first bloc treaty, which directly led to one of the most heated flashpoints the game has ever seen.

Now admittedly, I don't know who Lennox is, but I'd say there are very few people who could live up to that.

[quote name='sanpedrodave' timestamp='1287887634' post='2491723']
Just a note that one of the oldest nations on Bob just deleted after his 25 day inactive. PatJenn of Ted a long term Green team senator self deleted. I think he was like the 21st nation started up on CN. He was also one of the founders of the GPA way back from the beginning days. Here's hoping he is doing well and thanking him for teaching us that CN does grow on all of us in one way or degree.

See ya around PJ'.

Respects
SanPedroDave
[/quote]
Later Ted P. Maybe I'll join you soon in the upper room.

[quote name='Lennox' timestamp='1287893750' post='2491773']
Good bye PatJenn. You had a massive nation, yet contributed nothing to CN in my opinion.
[/quote]
Just continue to stick yourself and contribute in flames.

[quote name='Batallion' timestamp='1287888023' post='2491730']
A sad shame, but I still think GPA should enter the political atmosphere, this neutrality stuff is really ridiculous and only hurts the game.
[/quote]
[quote name='Jens of the desert' timestamp='1288055557' post='2493224']
[color="#0000FF"]There truly are more significant things to mourn than an inactive nation deleting.[/color]
[/quote] [color="#2E8B57"]Why even comment? Doesn't make much since. Almost as ridiculous as this "neutrality stuff". [/color]

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1288059399' post='2493257']
It would be pretty funny if VE had to disband again as a result of their own campaign to edge out Green competition. Oh, pardon me: "if VE had to 'go on hiatus' [snicker] again."
[/quote]

Really? Does every single thread have to be about VE?
ugh...

I guess some will never learn.

Commemoration threads are IMHO justified when - as it's for Patjenn - the person have been in CN for [i]looong[/i] time and that person had a big impact on many players' gaming.

That said, this doesn't need to stay on page 1 at all costs.
It's thus unnecessary that everybody and their sister use this topic to try throw some jab to their IC opponents, especially when the matter they talk of has nothing to do with Patjenn.

There are two IC Forums in which any of you can start new topics: don't be shy and use them, and please stop plaguing this thread.

Edited by jerdge

[quote name='leprecon' timestamp='1288130176' post='2493764']
Really? Does every single thread have to be about VE?
ugh...

I guess some will never learn.
[/quote]

Considering you and Goldie are in the same alliance wouldnt it make more sense for you to correct him in private?

I resisted commenting on it the first time around, but since everyone else is it's futile, so fine... Lennox.

[quote name='Lennox' timestamp='1287893750' post='2491773']
Good bye PatJenn. You had a massive nation, yet contributed nothing to CN in my opinion.
[/quote]

Patjenn was a lot more significant than you could dream of being. Casualty counts are the silliest form of stat-collecting in my opinion, but your signature shows that you care about them, so take a look at mine and then stfu. And the next time you feel the urge to say something stupid and disrespectful in a memorial thread, do us all a favour and just stifle yourself. :mad:

Patjenn was not only the ruler of a very large and very old nation, a fixture in the Green senate through times thick and thin, and immovable object who resisted irresistible forces successfully. He bent but never broke. He was a mentor and a role model , an inspiration to hundreds if not thousands, a friend to everyone he met, an exemplar of the very best that one might hope to find here. Even being swarmed by liars and cowards, when our entire alliance was ZId for lulz by the very people that had assured us for years they were better than that, he did not despair, and unlike me I think he even found it in his heart to forgive.

I didnt always agree with him on everything, but that could be said of anyone. He was well-respected, and unlike many others that might be said of, he earned and deserved that respect. His departure is an immeasurable loss. :(

PatJenn was a cool guy and was one of several GPA old-timers who helped me get started in the game. I did my first donation deal with him when I was a small nation and that was after he had already sent me free aid. Sad to see him go.