Getting old!

nutkase

[quote name='Bob Janova' timestamp='1287187301' post='2485535']
[i]Triple[/i] digits? :unsure:

I hope you have enjoyed walking your path and that you keep having fun in CN with us. My path never let idealism lead me into certain destruction so maybe that's where we differ ;)
[/quote]

Destruction is just a prelude to a stronger rebuilding ;)

[quote name='Tequila Mockingbird' timestamp='1287199742' post='2485656']
Aww schnookums!

(fyi, tums likes me more)
[/quote]

LIES, Tums loves me more then you for my GOONS warring skills :P

[quote name='USMC123' timestamp='1287243512' post='2485895']
Now now. Not everyone has been around since... well, whenever you started... (you probably out date me, idk) :P
[/quote]
4435/20962 (tomorrow it will be 4444) nations are 1000 days old or older. That is 21%, which doesn't constitute old to me. We don't need 21% of nations coming on to the forums telling us how old they are and how happy they are to have gotten this far. It isn't an achievement, or at least one you should feel the need to be proud of.

And as for age, I've almost been playing for a year more than you.

Edited by Jens of the desert

[quote name='Jens of the desert' timestamp='1287318086' post='2486332']
4435/20962 (tomorrow it will be 4444) nations are 1000 days old or older. That is 21%, which doesn't constitute old to me. We don't need 21% of nations coming on to the forums telling us how old they are and how happy they are to have gotten this far. It isn't an achievement, or at least one you should feel the need to be proud of.

[/quote]

And I've been playing about a year longer than my nation's age indicates :P

Not that it matters.

I would argue that hitting 1,000 days truly is pretty old. You have to keep in mind how many nations end up deleting (not even including people how sign up then let their nations die of inactivity) before they hit the 1,000 day mark. The average life expectancy has to be pretty darn low. Regardless, if you were to look at the oldest 21% of humans, you'd probably see them all as being "old people".

[/quote]

People celebrate a particular day every year, yet 1,000 day's old cannot be celebrated?

You share your birthday with tens of thousands of people, yet you would still celebrate it.

Edited by nutkase

[quote name='nutkase' timestamp='1287359149' post='2486625']
People celebrate a particular day every year, yet 1,000 day's old cannot be celebrated?

You share your birthday with tens of thousands of people, yet you would still celebrate it.
[/quote]
Like the day you created your nation is comparable to the day you were born....

Also why celebrate the 1000th day at all? It's just another day...seriously, the easily divisible numbers get all the attention...

[/quote]

I've been playing a solid 5 months more then you have, and therefore I've decided that your nation is not old, and as such I ask that you immediately cease any claims to such.

In life, we celebrate on things like birthdays and anniversaries because life is short and making it a full year without being killed, seriously injured, or thrown in jail for one of the many serious/petty offenses which you've committed is worth celebrating, and in CN, celebrating the year-marks or 1,000 days or whatever somebody decides to celebrate is just as valid, considering that although there are currently over 20,000 nations, over 400,000 nations have been created and deleted to date. To have survived, not lost interest or been deleted is quite an achievement, and these places are great places to look back and see what you've achieved.

Hats off to you nutkase, may your next 1,000 days be less painful then the past 1,000 days.

[quote name='nutkase' timestamp='1286981268' post='2483605']
[b]Boys over at FEAR[/b] - Nothing will ever surpass what was felt when we (UCN) rolled against ODN in support of you guys....Love you long time!
[/quote]

Good Times.

Congrats nutkase. Been through a few nations in my time here, but this nation will be hitting 1000 days pretty soon, and I still feel like a newb (cue the "you are!" people). Anyway, milestones are what we make of them.... so, cheers. :awesome: