The Ninjas Announcement

Ejayrazz

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1285735626' post='2467686']
While I'm disappointed that things had to be like this, I want to echo your sentiments and say that we too still consider you to be brothers.

Do what you need to do on those paths which we cannot follow, homeslices.
[/quote]
His definition of brothers included "And if danger knocked on your door, we'd ride from the depths and punch them $%^&@#s in the face" so you arent echoing his sentiments.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Vol Navy' timestamp='1285737542' post='2467806']
Just so it's clear, GOONS repeatedly asked Ejay to bring it. It's been brought. That is hardly saying "niener niener". It was repeated often and suggested that Ejay and the Ninja's lacked testicular fortitude to bring it. Nothing to do with free speech or not. You have a right to ask for it, they have a right to deliver.
[/quote]

Damn. If we knew it would be that easy....

[quote name='Ejayrazz' timestamp='1285738465' post='2467866']
By your logic, we wouldn't have attacked.

We knew your people knew, we still didn't care. It makes no sense to dwell on your statistics. Just wait till the nukes begin flying. :D
[/quote]
You have your motivations, and we have ours. I don't think one is better than the other; I just prefer mine.

That being said, I'm looking forward to this war; it will alleviate some boredom to say the least.

[quote name='Ejayrazz' timestamp='1285738465' post='2467866']
By your logic, we wouldn't have attacked.

We knew your people knew, we still didn't care. It makes no sense to dwell on your statistics. Just wait till the nukes begin flying. :D
[/quote]
You must have missed the last bit of that sentence:
[quote]It makes no sense to throw away all of your high NS nations [b]when others are more than willing to join in.[/b][/quote]
Even so, I assumed that many of you intend to leave this world (OOC: quit CN) when your warchests were gone.

Edited by Ryuzaki

[quote name='Ryuzaki' timestamp='1285737954' post='2467830']
Having the same or slightly more is still less than optimal. Getting your entire top tier wrecked in what is sure to be a drawn out nuclear conflict is hardly a good idea.
[/quote]

GOONS have around 30 nations to 7 for the Ninja's in the 30-70k NS range. I could see GOONS needing help with the top 4 from Ninja. Yet it's GOONS allies who are filling the war slots of many of those nations in the 30-40k ns range.

[quote name='Ryuzaki' timestamp='1285738732' post='2467874']
You must have missed the last bit of that sentence:

Even so, I assumed that many of you intend to leave this world (OOC: quit CN) when your warchests were gone.
[/quote]
Many will stay in my opinion. People need to realize it's not us riding towards the sunset; we're doing something about you. You said we wouldn't, we did. I do, however, feel it is a little silly to pretend as if your opportunistic allies are uncontrollable. They knew, you knew, you should have said "We got this," but to each his own right?

@Ktar: I agree. May people die happily, this road doesn't really start winding till nukes are flown.

[quote name='Vol Navy' timestamp='1285738741' post='2467875']
GOONS have around 30 nations to 7 for the Ninja's in the 30-70k NS range. I could see GOONS needing help with the top 4 from Ninja. Yet it's GOONS allies who are filling the war slots of many of those nations in the 30-40k ns range.
[/quote]
Yes, and MK, Umbrella, and PC have about 160 nations in the 30-70K NS range. Strange how they would be able to get more declarations in a short period of time!

[quote name='ktarthan' timestamp='1285739097' post='2467888']
Yes, and MK, Umbrella, and PC have about 160 nations in the 30-70K NS range. Strange how they would be able to get more declarations in a short period of time!
[/quote]
I am sure GOONS got it from here, right? :rolleyes:

[quote name='Ejayrazz' timestamp='1285739045' post='2467885']
People need to realize it's not us riding towards the sunset; we're doing something about you.
[/quote]
I smell a new sig. GOONS: Do something about it Ninjas: Sure GOONS: Help, allies, please help us.

If you believe Sir William GOONS need their allies to fight a micro alliance.

Edited by Alterego

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1285737886' post='2467826']
A "micro AA" that had 1 million NS going into this... How can you even say that with a straight face?

Edit: And I just noticed your use of the word "rogue." Can we expect sanctions to occur in this war as well?
[/quote]

Would you feel less aggrieved if I had said "small AA" instead (based on number of nations)? All the same.

(It's late and I'm tired; I was going off of previous reports that they'd be disbanding and going rogue on us when stating the mass-rogueing bit. Whoops.)

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1285737886' post='2467826']
While I don't dispute the points when taken alone, it is when you examine the context, the GOONS perpetual toughguy posturing, coupled with not fighting solo against "micro AA's" and bringing in as many people as possible to sponge up damage so you don't have to, it's just highly ironic. In much the same way it is when you tell people to "do something about it" and then you come here crying when they do.
[/quote]

GOONS is crying? I can assure you that we're not. Keep stretching though. :)

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1285738277' post='2467851']
Is not that hard to see what I was trying to say, or may be it is...

I'm not discussing if GOONS is guilty or no, what I'm saying is the VE lost an ally because (is allied with) GOONS, doesn't matter if Ninjas was who declared war or no. I'm not even taking in consideration if GOONS asked for it or no, what I'm saying is if VE wasn't allied with GOONS they wouldn't had lost this specific treaty.
[/quote]

We didn't lose an ally if you read what Ejay posted in the OP.

[quote name='Ejayrazz' timestamp='1285735517' post='2467683']
I come here today to sadly say we no longer are allied with VE. Our first allies and only allies, we will always hold you in the highest esteem. I do not care what anyone says, does, or feels, we still consider you brothers despite the paperless trail. No one can dispute it because us Ninjas still feel it, despite the e-lawyers. And if danger knocked on your door, we'd ride from the depths and punch them $%^&@#s in the face.
[/quote]

You'll notice he said that the Ninjas would still come to VE's defense in a time of need. The treaty, yeah that's gone, but the ally isn't. And if somebody was going out of their way to hurt The Ninjas I'd support defending them.

[quote name='Bergerland' timestamp='1285739392' post='2467905']
We didn't lose an ally if you read what Ejay posted in the OP.
[/quote]

[quote name='Ejayrazz' timestamp='1285735517' post='2467683']
I come here today to sadly say[b] we no longer are allied with VE[/b].
[/quote]

Yeah as you can read you lose an ally, now if you say that you didn't lose a friend I'll agree with you.

[quote name='ktarthan' timestamp='1285739097' post='2467888']
[/quote]

So having a more than 3 to 1 advantage in those tiers just wasn't going to cover it? You needed it to be roughly 27 to 1?

Hopefully VE and some other alliances making the mistake of tying themselves to GOONS will see that it will lose them better allies and decrease their potential to sign treaties with the more worthwhile alliances out there.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1285739718' post='2467918']
What a great friend. Getting pummelled by a group of your large friends doesnt count though.
[/quote]
I don't want them fighting for us. They have bigger plans in which I agree to, and can achieve things a little alliance like The Ninjas cannot at this point in time.

Honestly my friend, I normally would remain silent, but this was our choice without them knowing. I promise you that.

[quote name='Vol Navy' timestamp='1285739679' post='2467917']
So having a more than 3 to 1 advantage in those tiers just wasn't going to cover it? You needed it to be roughly 27 to 1?
[/quote]
The more the merrier? I still don't get why this is a big deal. Saying we shouldn't let our allies defend us is like saying we shouldn't let GOONS nations defend each other. Or maybe we should have kicked out all but 7 of the nations in that range from GOONS to make it a real 1v1?

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1285739643' post='2467914']
Yeah as you can read you lose an ally, now if you say that you didn't lose a friend I'll agree with you.
[/quote]

Whatever terminology you want to use we're still willing to come to the defense of the other should the need arise, E-paper or no.

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1285739718' post='2467918']
What a great friend. Getting pummelled by a group of your large friends doesnt count though.
[/quote]

You're cute. Ninjas decided to aggressively attack one of our allies of their own free will. They wanted this and understood we couldn't follow them. And I'll give you a super sneaky secret hint straight from those Ninja Turtle guys: the treaty did not include a Mutual Aggression clause.

[quote name='ktarthan' timestamp='1285740049' post='2467925']
The more the merrier? I still don't get why this is a big deal. Saying we shouldn't let our allies defend us is like saying we shouldn't let GOONS nations defend each other. Or maybe we should have kicked out all but 7 of the nations in that range from GOONS to make it a real 1v1?
[/quote]
The mere fact you boys said you don't hide behind your allies. We knew your allies would attack, so we planned accordingly.

[quote name='Bergerland' timestamp='1285740217' post='2467934']
Whatever terminology you want to use we're still willing to come to the defense of the other should the need arise, E-paper or no.

You're cute. Ninjas decided to aggressively attack one of our allies of their own free will. They wanted this and understood we couldn't follow them. And I'll give you a super sneaky secret hint straight from those Ninja Turtle guys: the treaty did not include a Mutual Aggression clause.
[/quote]

this man is 100% correct in every way and manner.

[quote name='Ejayrazz' timestamp='1285740271' post='2467937']
The mere fact you boys said you don't hide behind your allies. We knew your allies would attack, so we planned accordingly.
[/quote]
I guess it probably won't work for me to say this as you have to take my word on it, but if we did not have our allies to back us up we'd take our lumps just the same. In my mind, and I'm sure the minds of our allies, there is a significant different between "hiding" or "relying" and what is going on here.

Whether or not you agree, though, we're still at the same point, waiting for that glow on the horizon. So I'm not going to be inclined to labour the point.

Edited by ktarthan