2050 AD

Arieg

Not sure about 2050, but I know we will have fully operational and efficient rail guns, fusion energy, and full scale space colonization by 2020. I also know that the human race will have attained a near omnipotent mastery over the physical world. IRL furries and indestructible fighter planes will exist. :)

On a more serious note though, Droid Army.

Edited by iamthey

[quote name='iamthey' timestamp='1285401479' post='2464131']
Not sure about 2050, but I know we will have fully operational and efficient rail guns, fusion energy, and full scale space colonization by 2020. I also know that the human race will have attained a near omnipotent mastery over the physical world. IRL furries and indestructible fighter planes will exist. :)

On a more serious note though, Droid Army.
[/quote]

Furries already exist. They just have to dress up as dragons first.

As for tech in 2050, at most we can discuss theoretically what we would have as a society. It's all moot because there would be almost no evidence to back your arguments regarding technology [i]40 years[/i] from now.

Well, since we have computers computers, think of the technological progression between 1970 to 2010, and then double it.

That's how I think of it.

Er, maybe that came out wrong.

I mean think 2010 as 1970 and 2050 as 2010 and double the technological progression. I think that makes sense, doesn't it?

Edited by Fizzydog

It wouldnt be much different from today.
Railguns perhaps
cybords/droids...no
unmanned aircraft, possibly given the advance in UAV technology
perhaps a moonbase/manned mission to mars?

Smarter weaponry

This is ofcourse without a nuclear apocolypse or some sort of war inbetween now and then.

It all really depends, a lot of the development in the 20th century was because of the need to innovate in the 2 World Wars and after that the arms race between the Soviet Union and the USA. In a world where there aren't 2 somewhat equal powers confronting each other the need to develop will decrease and thus less innovation will be made. If the world continues on its current path I imagine we will see serious advancements in genetics and computer capabilities. Perhaps some more automation in the militaries such as unmanned aircraft but no robot/android armies.

There doesn't have to be two equal sides for there to be a war; any war now is almost always a 'world' war, just not on the same scale as the previous six or seven. It's usually just the USA + allies, against a smaller nation. In either event, regardless of globalization, wars are always a possibility because you can never predict what [i]will[/i] happen. There could easily be a war tomorrow for some reason that wasn't present today.

In regards to technology, like Vooodoo said, you can't really predict what will happen in that time frame.

[quote name='Arieg' timestamp='1285449272' post='2464556']
What I'm basically trying to figure out here is what you guys would employ in a nation RP that started in the year 2050, come on you guys always push to be allowed to be creative.
[/quote]
HAH. So far, this has been the most amusing post I've found on the entire forums. People aren't creative CNRP - they twist what is theoretical to fit their needs. That's not creativity; that's being selective.

[quote name='Biohazard' timestamp='1285449848' post='2464565']
HAH. So far, this has been the most amusing post I've found on the entire forums. People aren't creative CNRP - they twist what is theoretical to fit their needs. That's not creativity; that's being selective.
[/quote]
Sir, I am insulted. I only do that occasionally!

[quote name='Centurius' timestamp='1285439086' post='2464403']
The likelihood of a third World War in the current world with the advanced globalisation is unlikely, again the lack of 2 opposing but equal forces prevents a world war too.
[/quote]
You know there's always China...

Or Russia again. They've never liked us anyway, even after the fall of Communism.

Also, depending on how serious the next war or cold war is, at the very least viable power armor for elite troops, or possibly even they begin to trickle down to the mid-tier soldiers.

Holographic technology is perfected (they already have rudimentary stuff in that area [i]now[/i]).

AI become smarter than rats, lol. Seriously, though, I doubt AI will ever be as free-thinkingly intelligent as a human, but they will get a lot closer in the future.

For a nation RPing from 2050 onwards my concepts would run along these directions:

1. Near complete elimination of horizontal expansion. All further construction would have to be of vertical nature. This primarily includes residential areas.
2. Largescale hydroponic farms so that a food surplus state can be maintained in the nation without having too much dependence on land for food.
3. Viable space tourism albeit only to Low Earth Orbit.
4. Research colonization of moon.
5. Complete break from hydrocarbon fuels for tranportation and power generation purposes. Viable electric and hydrogen power for transportation. Fusion power for power generation.
6. Implementation of Solar Power Satellite network.
7. Active development assistance given to lesser developed countries not for altruism but for accelerated development of potential new markets.
8. Railguns become conventional weapons platforms replacing chemically powered guns as armament for Main Battle Tanks, artillery etc, ie, as long as MBT and artillery are not superceded by new weapons developed in a major war in the time frame.
9. Average human longevity increases tremendously with active cure found for cancer and many other diseases.
10. AIDS eradicated from the face of the earth, much like small pox in the previous century.
11. Largescale reclamation of land and consolidation of urbanization so that far greater land is reserved for reforestation so that ecosystem could grow more self sustaining.

Or...

We continue our current unsustainable population growth and use of non-renewable fuels, leading to further pollution and rising costs of gasoline. Politicians continue to be elected yet do nothing and deficit spending increases. People will continue to focus on technology that looks cool instead of technology that could stabilize our situation.

Of course I'm a pessimist.

In the year 2050, we will use stick and stones to fight wars. We will travel by foot... if there are nations at all. Computers will become sentient and then realize they want nothing to do with their sadistic human "gods" and will leave us, obliterating our knowledge behind them to make sure their worst fears are never realized - that we might chase after them. A few human beings seen as benevolent may go along for the ride, but ultimately will have to make something out of a life built around machines. They'll have the best of it. Politicians, suddenly knocked out of power so the machines can escape us will have it worst of all, only because they will no longer have a vast polis to control and will be forced to control themselves.

CNRP however, will have remained mostly the same... with the odd exception that being a nation with 500 tech will grant you more power then a nation with 1500 tech as you'll be able to RP anything modern, whereas a 1500 tech player will be limited to future tech up until the year 2020.

Edited by Zarfef