GOON spy orders

JimKongIl

I don't know the nature of the conflict between GOONS and methrage, but seems to have crossed into a personal grudge between the two, if not in this thread would somebody please explain it to me, it seems GOONS is trying to push somebody from the game, maybe not, but I thought that was frowned on.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1285132772' post='2460663']
It's weird people call it blackmail or extortion when there's a really easy way to avoid it: [i]don't aid Methrage[/i]. I know, I know, it's really hard to not send aid to Methrage after we've been cracking down on his secret aiders and posted a thread to not aid him. I know that it's every person with an FAC's duty to send 4.5m to Methrage as often as possible. But we're just so busy [i]extorting[/i] people for [i]committing an act of war after being given fair warning[/i] that we just can't be reasonable about this at all for some reason.
[/quote]

Oh I've got better things to do with my money than throw it down a hole, as my aid slots will testify.

Call it what you will, you've got enough back up. It's funny though...so much effort to take out what now? A four nation alliance? Just how many favors do you have left to call in? Over Methrage?

[quote name='JimKongIl' timestamp='1285132019' post='2460645']
Would it make a difference if I had?
[/quote]

What a great, classic answer. I believe the rebel recently tried to go that route. You Methrage aiders should just pick an answer, avoiding the question is just going to signify that you're guilty.

[quote name='Muddog' timestamp='1285133125' post='2460678']
I don't know the nature of the conflict between GOONS and methrage, but seems to have crossed into a personal grudge between the two, if not in this thread would somebody please explain it to me, it seems GOONS is trying to push somebody from the game, maybe not, but I thought that was frowned on.
[/quote]
He declared on us. That's the end of that story. He can have peace any time he wants. The problem is, when it comes to Methrage, he does whatever he wants and then blames everyone else and asks for white peace. He started the conflict, and refuses to end it. We're going to be fighting him for a very long time because of this fact. That includes dealing with his secret aiders. Maybe after enough 90ms, people will get the hint.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1285133150' post='2460679']
Oh I've got better things to do with my money than throw it down a hole, as my aid slots will testify.

Call it what you will, you've got enough back up. It's funny though...so much effort to take out what now? A four nation alliance? Just how many favors do you have left to call in? Over Methrage?
[/quote]
I guess we'll see who runs out of favors first, GOONS or Methrage.

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1285133388' post='2460684']
He declared on us. That's the end of that story. He can have peace any time he wants. The problem is, when it comes to Methrage, he does whatever he wants and then blames everyone else and asks for white peace. He started the conflict, and refuses to end it. We're going to be fighting him for a very long time because of this fact. That includes dealing with his secret aiders. Maybe after enough 90ms, people will get the hint.

I guess we'll see who runs out of favors first, GOONS or Methrage.
[/quote]

Thank you, I apologize then for the negativity in my comment. Thank you for setting me strait on the issue.

[quote name='Haquertal' timestamp='1285133019' post='2460674']
Good thing this doesn't sound like you just admitted to it.
[/quote]

You are missing the point of this thread. Just because someone posts in a Goons thread it does not open them up for investigations and spy attacks.

[quote name='Stumpy Jung Il' timestamp='1285133027' post='2460675']
Are you really complaining about GOONS trying to stop people from aiding someone they are at war with? The sad part is that people keep doing it. But Im sure you'd be super chill with me sending secret aid to a nation you were fighting. Riiiiiiiight.
[/quote]

Let's be real, heir kingmeister...

Methrage isn't worth aiding at this point. Even if GOONS wasn't crawling around having people spied up who maybe/yeah probably sent him aid. If Methrage escapes this time, we know what will happen in the end. GOONS will poke him with a stick until he attacks, he'll decide to go on crusade again because whatever saints he has in his nation told him to go do it, or whatever the case, and we'll be here once again talking about Methrage.

This isn't a typical situation. It's gone from facepalm, to people arguing over GOONS tactics, to sublime comedy. Sure you can acknowledge that much. The normal rules that govern these things got burned long ago.

Edited by ChairmanHal

[quote name='JimKongIl' timestamp='1285133714' post='2460688']
You are missing the point of this thread. Just because someone posts in a Goons thread it does not open them up for investigations and spy attacks.
[/quote]

Then answer the question, did you aid him?

We can just leave if you didn't.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1285133809' post='2460692']
GOONS will poke him with a stick until he attacks, he'll decide to go on crusade again because whatever saints he has in his nation told him to go do it, or whatever the case, and we'll be here once again talking about Methrage.
[/quote]

Like that time when his AA mate declared 3 offensive wars on us, and when we tried to handle it diplomatically he attacked us as well?

Edited by Haquertal

[/quote]
If you would please, show me the post that that caused this controversy and save me (and others) the trouble of finding it. I'm afraid I haven't read it all of the thread.

[/quote]
You posting in the thread wasn't what drew our attention to you. You were in line before that.

You can consider it an act of war to spy on you, but it's an act of war to send aid to people we're fighting too. So you started it. :awesome:

Are you willing to throw away your rank 22 nation for a nuclear rogue? 90m shouldn't be much at your level.

[quote name='Horatio Longworth' timestamp='1285134138' post='2460694']
If you would please, show me the post that that caused this controversy and save me (and others) the trouble of finding it. I'm afraid I haven't read it all of the thread.
[/quote]

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=91676&st=760&p=2457297&#entry2457297

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1285134160' post='2460695']
You posting in the thread wasn't what drew our attention to you. You were in line before that.

You can consider it an act of war to spy on you, but it's an act of war to send aid to people we're fighting too. So you started it. :awesome:

Are you willing to throw away your rank 22 nation for a nuclear rogue? 90m shouldn't be much at your level.
[/quote]

If you are going to try and extort money out of me I would come heavier.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1285133809' post='2460692']
Methrage isn't worth aiding at this point. Even if GOONS wasn't crawling around having people spied up who maybe/yeah probably sent him aid.[/quote]

If we post a thread specifically warning people not to aid him and they still do, do you think we should do nothing about it? What kind of precedence does that set?
"Go ahead and ignore us, folks. We have no intention of backing up our promises. Feel free to commit acts of war against us. We'll just pretend it didn't happen."

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1285133809' post='2460692']If Methrage escapes this time, we know what will happen in the end. GOONS will poke him with a stick until he attacks[/quote]

We didn't poke him with a stick this time. We were very specifically leaving him alone after the TOP settlement. When his alliance-mate attacked us, we approached him diplomatically and he spazzed out on us. If Methrage escapes, we won't need to poke him with a stick. We can smile sardonically at him and he'll attack us.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1285133809' post='2460692']This isn't a typical situation. It's gone from facepalm, to people arguing over GOONS tactics, to sublime comedy. Sure you can acknowledge that much. The normal rules that govern these things got burned long ago.
[/quote]

You are indeed right about that. It has become totally ridiculous. But honestly, we can't just let it go at this point. Every single minute action being taken is having a big huge stupid deal made out of it by just about everyone and fortunately or unfortunately, we have to see this through.

Watching the goons run around in pursuit of who might or might not be aiding one nation leader while they and their allies waste wave after wave of 3 million war aid packages to their nations fighting a 4 and an 8 member alliance is the ultimate in comedy.

Please do continue this show of goonie prowess.

:frantic:

[quote name='JimKongIl' timestamp='1285134417' post='2460697']
If you are going to try and extort money out of me I would come heavier.
[/quote]
We're only going to ask for money if you committed a direct act of war by aiding someone we're at war with.

So did you? Because we're 3/3 so far and all the people before you did the same thing: overreact, act indignant, try to hide or weasel their way out of spy operations, and not answer the question.

If you didn't aid Methrage, you have nothing to fear. If you did, you committed the first act of war. Same as if you launched those nukes yourself. And yeah we'll want reps. So did you do it? I can't think of any other reason you'd be so evasive toward proving your innocence otherwise.

[quote name='Biazt' timestamp='1285133414' post='2460685']
[i]Another [/i]methrage thread? Though I'll admit this one is a bit more amusing considering ChairmanHal managed to make a fool of himself on the very first page.
[/quote]

You're still not getting it. You can charge people $90 million for aiding Methrage simply because of all the cannons aligned in neat rows behind your alliance, bearing the names of your allies. Without those cannons, your alliance would be laughed at for demanding so much money. As is, you demand it and people cheerfully fork it over, not because they are afraid of you, but because they are afraid of Umbrella, MK, Poison Clan, etc. You run an alliance of mostly bottom tier tech raiders that can't successfully shut down at best a minor nuke rogue and a few of his buddies.

Sidenote: I would implore those still aiding Methrage with $4.5 mill bundles of lulzy "stick it to the man" goodness to please stop. Sure it's funny, but this whole thing is getting to the point that even I have to agree with Biazt and lament yet another Methrage-related thread. GOONS and I agreeing on anything is a bit...unnatural.

[quote name='Biazt' timestamp='1285134462' post='2460698']
So did you do it?
[/quote]

If I answer that question you are off the hook. I'm not letting you off that easy. If you want to know the contents of my aid slots you will need put your money where your mouth is and start a war to do it. If I get spied on again I will assume that is your choice. If you want to keep your 270 mil profit I would suggest you find another mark. One round of CMs can do 90 million damage.

[quote name='Bavaricar' timestamp='1285134697' post='2460702']
Watching the goons run around in pursuit of who might or might not be aiding one nation leader while they and their allies waste wave after wave of 3 million war aid packages to their nations fighting a 4 and an 8 member alliance is the ultimate in comedy.

Please do continue this show of goonie prowess.

:frantic:
[/quote]
I actually prefer watching GOONS sleuth out two out of two (possibly three out of thee) secret aid packages sent to Methrage [i]on the first try[/i] while we trounce two small AAs of rogues so hard that we have to find and aid newbies with no war experience to fight nations with nukes and large improvement/wonder sets.

But you know, I guess it's a matter of perspective!