UOKMB is proud to announce

tanglerat

[quote name='Bavaricar' timestamp='1284242146' post='2450197']
........Looks like they have ten members now,......
[/quote]

Well, tickle me with a feather, but you're right! That makes 25% new member recruitment in only a few hours. We must be the fastest growing (non)Alliance of (lovable) Rogues in history.! Ever!!

This is great. Anyone else want to join up? Come on in, the water's lovely! (Albeit strangely glowing).

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to the person with our chart in their signature. Since we've been bleeding members due to inactivity(Goons themselves being a fickle bunch since you didn't bring enough playmates for the whole class) I wouldn't use that chart as a barometer of the damage your rogue group has done.

Now here's yours [img]http://i51.tinypic.com/4l6lqd.jpg[/img]

and from what one can assume is happing here is fairly simple. You have not lost members, in fact you gained one or two and you've lost more NS than we have.

On top of that. Almost all your members are out of my range so I will not get a chance at joining in this war. This makes me very sad. You are a disappointing bunch sirs.

Edited by Hidraca

[quote name='Hidraca' timestamp='1284244150' post='2450230']
In response to the person with our chart in their signature. Since we've been bleeding members due to inactivity(Goons themselves being a fickle bunch since you didn't bring enough playmates for the whole class) I wouldn't use that chart as a barometer of the damage your rogue group has done.

and from what one can assume is happing here is fairly simple. You have not lost members, in fact you gained one or two and you've lost more NS than we have.

On top of that. Almost all your members are out of my range so I will not get a chance at joining in this war. This makes me very sad. You are a disappointing bunch sirs.
[/quote]

But, Hidraca, it wasn't any of UOKMB that posted up that graphic. (But I did think the slogan was clever and I'm going to blatantly nick it for use elsewhere.) Why are you picking on poor old us?

[/quote]

Oh, you mean me?

I have nothing to do with UOKMB. I personally support their rogue-ery against you, that's about it.

Also, they are 9. You are 299. See the difference? :)

Edit: Better make that 10. :P

Edited by Hadrian

[quote name='Hidraca' timestamp='1284249261' post='2450289']
Oh I indeed do see a difference. There's quite a few of them. I happen to blame the society.
[/quote]

But now with 10, still not enough to be considered an alliance, right? Never dreamed I'd see the day when an established alliance of 9 members would publicly post a DoW and be treated by the dominant powers as mere "rogues" to exterminate.

[quote name='Bavaricar' timestamp='1284255970' post='2450403']
But now with 10, still not enough to be considered an alliance, right? Never dreamed I'd see the day when an established alliance of 9 members would publicly post a DoW and be treated by the dominant powers as mere "rogues" to exterminate.
[/quote]
Those doing the sanctions should be upfront they are just using them as a weapon in alliance warfare now, rather than use this rogue excuse.

Also do you guys have a forum? If you guys drop by our forum I could setup an embassy area for you guys,

http://kerberosnexus.com/lance/index.php

Edit: Also if you guys are able to send me some aid I can do some successful spy ops for you on any GOONS within my range, also I could likely buy a few nukes tomorrow with it.

Edited by Methrage

First and foremost is this argument that GOONS and a few others are using regarding UOKMB only having 9 members and thus they are not considered an alliance rather they are rogues. So what makes an alliance? The dictionary defines an alliance as a merging of two or more nations. So what makes GOONS or any other alliance on planet Bob feel they can arbitrarily change this number and say that UOKMB is not an official alliance and therefore subject to tech raids and now are rogues? The simple and undeniable fact is that UOKMB is an alliance, not rogues and GOONS you started the whole thing with your little “tech raid”. In addition any sanctions being imposed under the guise of fighting rogues is deplorable and therefore I suppose it should be expected from you. GOONS, enjoy yourselves, just remember this when it’s your turn.

[quote name='Tarmikos' timestamp='1284264184' post='2450601']
First and foremost is this argument that GOONS and a few others are using regarding UOKMB only having 9 members and thus they are not considered an alliance rather they are rogues. So what makes an alliance? The dictionary defines an alliance as a merging of two or more nations. So what makes GOONS or any other alliance on planet Bob feel they can arbitrarily change this number and say that UOKMB is not an official alliance and therefore subject to tech raids and now are rogues? The simple and undeniable fact is that UOKMB is an alliance, not rogues and GOONS you started the whole thing with your little “tech raid”. In addition any sanctions being imposed under the guise of fighting rogues is deplorable and therefore I suppose it should be expected from you. GOONS, enjoy yourselves, just remember this when it’s your turn.
[/quote]

Ugh, are we still arguing about this?

ASKED AND ANSWERED, YOUR HONOUR.

[/quote]
I declared around the time their NS started falling with nukes, fighting my 7th GOONS nation this war, yet you don't give me any credit in your chart? I've been doing a lot of damage as well.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1284266726' post='2450652']
I declared around the time their NS started falling with nukes, fighting my 7th GOONS nation this war, yet you don't give me any credit in your chart? I've been doing a lot of damage as well.
[/quote]

Quoted for hilarity.

Methrage, I was eyeing our chart the whole time you were warring with us and it barely moved until 24 hours after UOKMB's attack when they could start nuking us.

Also, you're looking at the chart for UOKMB's NS, not ours.

Edited by Dr Beefstupid

[quote name='Dr Beefstupid' timestamp='1284266776' post='2450654']
Quoted for hilarity.
[/quote]
Quoted for quoting me for hilarity. :awesome:

Also when are you guys going to fill the rest of my defense slots, the new guy you had hit me ended up losing almost all his attacks and just dropping money on me. He was an easy target for gaining loots in ground attacks as well, but with my other war expiring tomorrow he'll be the only one fighting me soon. I can't declare new wars until I get out of anarchy and don't see that chart dropping fast enough. :(

[quote name='Dr Beefstupid' timestamp='1284266776' post='2450654']
Quoted for hilarity.

Methrage, I was eyeing our chart the whole time you were warring with us and it barely moved until 24 hours after UOKMB's attack when they could start nuking us.

Also, you're looking at the chart for UOKMB's NS, not ours.
[/quote]
[IMG]http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd80/Methrage/goons-2.png[/IMG]

Looking at your chart though, you can see when I declared my 3 wars on 9/2 you guys begin to drop and continue until 9/4, then 9/5 is when everyone I was fighting got their aid slots full which made them get a bit of a boost. 9/6 corresponds to UOKMB's attack, as the spike is your guys militarizing up and receiving aid form allies, then you continue to drop again only faster with UOKMB fighting you guys as well. It started when I declared though. :P

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1284269023' post='2450675']
as the spike is your guys militarizing up and receiving aid form allies
[/quote]

Actually, the spike was mostly because UOKMB really sucked at warfare. I don't believe we got any aid from allies.
We were beating them senseless before the nukes, which as you can see, hurt.
Now that the nukes are all gone, we can resume being them senseless with impunity.

The rest of your assessment was more or less accurate.

Also, you notice our NS was going up a bit before UOKMB went on the scene? You were already done the damage you were going to do by the time they showed up.

Edited by Dr Beefstupid

[quote name='Dr Beefstupid' timestamp='1284270091' post='2450692']
Actually, the spike was mostly because UOKMB really sucked at warfare. I don't believe we got any aid from allies.
We were beating them senseless before the nukes, which as you can see, hurt.
Now that the nukes are all gone, we can resume being them senseless with impunity.

The rest of your assessment was more or less accurate.

Also, you notice our NS was going up a bit before UOKMB went on the scene? You were already done the damage you were going to do by the time they showed up.
[/quote]
I'm still doing damage (the nation you sent to attack isn't doing so well), I noticed that bump and I think those I was fighting getting their slots filled with aid at the same time is what caused that slight bump, but I've been doing air, ground, and cruise missile attacks everyday. My uranium trade dropped though, so building up to nuke range is pointless until I get another and enough money.

[quote name='Tarmikos' timestamp='1284271048' post='2450705']
No, in fact its not an argument at all, its simple fact. Seems your living up to your name.
[/quote]

Your first sentence is erroneous and your second sentence is a very unsubtle insult to my intelligence. So, that's how you're going to play it? Okay, let's do this.

First, that's great that you think I'm stupid when you can't even master third grade grammar. I'd hope that English is not your first language. It would certainly explain your shaky grasp on basic English words such as "fact". See, it's not a fact. It's an opinion. Even if the whole world agreed with you, it's still opinion.

Now that I've thoroughly demolished this post, let me finally attack your actual original argument about what is and what isn't an alliance. And try to pay attention this time. Eventually you're going to have to learn how to figure stuff out on your own.

There is no universal definition of alliance. Maybe you don't agree with that, but the [b]fact[/b] is that if you look at the charters of various alliances you will see that very many of them do have their own definition of what constitutes an alliance.
Even one nation can have an "Alliance Affiliation" but very very few would consider that to be an alliance. A lot of people recently have voiced the opinion that to consider an AA an "alliance" that it must be 2 nations or more. Fine, that's a valid definition. But is it universal? The reason we must make these distinctions is because even rogues can band together into groups of three or four to start guerrilla warfare with legitimate alliances. GOONS considers an alliance to be an AA of 15 or more, or an AA that has established diplomatic ties. Other alliances have different criteria.
What constitutes an alliance is an [b]opinion[/b]. What is a [b]fact[/b] is that there is no universal dictionary definition of alliance within this context.

There, now do you have anything further to add, or are you just going to continue to resort to the old tried and true "LOL YOUR NAME HAS STUPID IN IT" tactic?

It's great to see the logic underpinning the use of a dictionary definition being 'demolished' by an arbitrary definition designed to ensure that the GOONS can beat up on the maximum number of defenseless nations, while ensuring that the odds always remain heavily stacked in their favour.

[quote name='Sir Humphrey' timestamp='1284286207' post='2450838']
It's great to see the logic underpinning the use of a dictionary definition being 'demolished' by an arbitrary definition designed to ensure that the GOONS can beat up on the maximum number of defenseless nations, while ensuring that the odds always remain heavily stacked in their favour.
[/quote]

Great first post. I see you've lurked enough to see who the true enemies of the world are.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1284271328' post='2450711']
I'm still doing damage (the nation you sent to attack isn't doing so well), I noticed that bump and I think those I was fighting getting their slots filled with aid at the same time is what caused that slight bump, but I've been doing air, ground, and cruise missile attacks everyday. My uranium trade dropped though, so building up to nuke range is pointless until I get another and enough money.
[/quote]
You did like 800 NS damage to the nation you're fighting with. Percentage-wise it's a big drop to him but on an alliance scale it's not huge.

[quote name='Sir Humphrey' timestamp='1284286207' post='2450838']
[/quote]
Maybe small numbers of defenseless nations who have the odds heavily stacked against them shouldn't declare war on large alliances.