An offical announcement from the Legion

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh noes Legion! All the cool teens hate/think little of you. No one will want to go to the prom with you. Have a tissue.

To critics: the hating/dismissive tactic has certainly worked at getting rid of Legion for the last four years. Keep it up.

To Legion: Good grief. One step forward, four steps backward. Learn, for heaven's sake, learn some PR.

To Peztar: Since you performed the biggest act of cowardice in this or any other world, I'd really keep on the silent side.

Edited by Hymenbreach

[quote name='Hymenbreach' timestamp='1284289488' post='2450848']
To Legion: Good grief. One step forward, four steps backward. Learn, for heaven's sake, learn some PR.[/quote]
Hymenbreach is correct Legion, you would do well to take his advice on board. Some of us out here are actually sympathetic and hope to see you rise again somehow.

To echo something Pingu said a few pages back: I don't hate you, Legion; heck, I used to have a few Margrave-Fan-Girls in your alliance back in the day (Anybody remember Kry?) but you do have a terrible, terrible record. But you definitely aren't the M-HAE (Most Hated Alliance Ever). I think NPO, GOONS, and \m/ would that pretty locked up. You've just got (#*@ for a reputation, that's all.

[quote name='Hymenbreach' timestamp='1284289488' post='2450848']

To Peztar: Since you performed the biggest act of cowardice in this or any other world, I'd really keep on the silent side.
[/quote]

Absolutely no one who isn't in Legion now or who wasn't in it then gives a crap. It's time to move on and stop blaming others for your failures.

Edited by pezstar

[quote name='The Arbiter' timestamp='1284308892' post='2451021']
Nobody's blaming you for our current "failures." It appears HB was blaming you for being a coward, a weakling, and a disgrace to our alliance.
[/quote]

Three years after I attempted to do the Legion a favor, I'm the MoFA of a highly respected, well regarded, successful alliance. I've contributed in very real ways to that success. Most folks who dislike STA are still able to say that they respect us.

Three years later, Legion is still a joke. Your alliance has the respect of few people. No one hates Legion because no one cares enough about them to feel that strongly. People feel sorry for your alliance because it's a shining example of what not to do. Legion is like the mentally challenged kid who lives down the street. You let him play because he's so pathetic that it's cruel not to.

The evidence against your claims that I am a coward and a weakling is mountainous. If being a disgrace to the Legion means being the opposite of your alliance, then the evidence in favor of that position is plentiful. Damn right, I'm a disgrace to the Legion. Thank God.

Edited by pezstar

[quote name='pezstar' timestamp='1284310305' post='2451061']
Three years after I attempted to do the Legion a favor, I'm the MoFA of a highly respected, well regarded, successful alliance. I've contributed in very real ways to that success. Most folks who dislike STA are still able to say that they respect us.

Three years later, Legion is still a joke. Your alliance has the respect of few people. No one hates Legion because no one cares enough about them to feel that strongly. People feel sorry for your alliance because it's a shining example of what not to do. Legion is like the mentally challenged kid who lives down the street. You let him play because he's so pathetic that it's cruel not to.

The evidence against your claims that I am a coward and a weakling is mountainous. If being a disgrace to the Legion means being the opposite of your alliance, then the evidence in favor of that position is plentiful. Damn right, I'm a disgrace to the Legion. Thank God.
[/quote]
We play the game how we want to play the game and have fun doing it and you call us a joke? No... you're the joke Pezstar. You think this game is so important, so real, so tantamount, that you're doing a favor by disbanding an alliance that 400+ people enjoy playing the game in just because other alliances see us as a joke. It's fine if people feel sorry for us, but we're not a shining example of what not to do. A shining example of what not to do is to try to disband an alliance. Despite the constant criticisms thrown at us, everyone in Legion loves the community and loves being there. For someone to attempt to take that away from us by declaring our charter null and void is sick and disgraceful. I don't see how you can equate Legion to a mentally challenged kid, I'll just ignore that and classify it as an apples to oranges logical fallacy. Nobody [i]lets[/i] us play. We play because we want to. We've gone through turmoil after turmoil and struggle after struggle to defend our right to play. If you think you [i]let[/i] us play, pezstar, you are sorely mistaken. Why don't you decide to not let us play again and try to disband us? That worked so well last time... You are a disgrace to the Legion and a disgrace to the spirit of the game, enjoy your reputation.

I don't have anything to compare it to, I joined the day I turned up on this angst ridden planet. It's a very laid back place where people buy tech from me and I post drivel in reply to other drivel, mainly about the most epic failure of a love life I've ever heard about.

I Like The Legion :awesome:

ETA: I might have joined the pretend Nazi complete with an odal alliance if I knew about them when I first arrived. They're sure to be having all the fun :wacko: .

Edited by Sabcat

[quote name='The Arbiter' timestamp='1284310911' post='2451072']
You are a disgrace to the Legion and a disgrace to the spirit of [Planet Bob], enjoy your reputation.
[/quote]

I'm going to go ahead and say that this is far, far more applicable to Legion and not Pezstar.

[/quote]

As you are one of the architects of Legion's reputation, I have to say any of your present achievements are covered in the black oil of your past behaviour. Not only did you stab your then alliance in the heart out of personal dread and lack of intestinal fortitude, you refused to take any kind of redemptive punishment for it.

Anyone else on Planet Bob can say what they like about the Legion. You, however, really shouldn't.

Edited by Hymenbreach

[quote name='Hymenbreach' timestamp='1284312917' post='2451125']
As you are one of the architects of Legion's reputation, I have to say any of your present achievements are covered in the black oil of your past behaviour. Not only did you stab your then alliance in the heart out of personal dread and lack of intestinal fortitude, you refused to take any kind of redemptive punishment for it.

Anyone else on Planet Bob can say what they like about the Legion. You, however, really shouldn't.
[/quote]

were you not a member of the legion way back? Correct me if I am wrong.

[/quote]
Wait, trying to disband Legion is now doing them a favour? :unsure:

Looks like Slayer is the best friend Nordreich ever had. :awesome:

[quote name='Dubsy' timestamp='1284313697' post='2451131']
[/quote]

he was one of the ones who kept the boat afloat after Purplegate.

As soon as we heard about this thread on MK's boards we knew we'd be a finalist and have a better then even chance of taking it. The whole idea of WAE is a joke to us. We know we're not perfect, but some of the charges that get hurled our way are a little over the top.

Failed alliances implode to poor leadership, we're still here and our forums are vibrant, irreverent, and mostly irrelevant.
Failed alliances shatter when their government tries to disband them. Yet we survived our leadership bailing on us years ago.
Failed alliances wither and die under an intense and never ending storm of scorn, indifference, and sarcasm. We deal with it and just accept it.
Failed alliances don’t last for four years, and outlive most of their old enemies.

Most of the Cyberverse castigates us for things we did years ago. They chastise us for things we didn’t do years ago. They laugh at us for what we said last month. They’ll roll their eyes for what we’ll say next week. And nothing we can do or say will really change that.

We endure.

We survived a disbandment. We survived the wrath of NPO when it was at the height of its power. We’ve survived multiple curb stomps and massive reparations packages. We’ve risen higher, and fallen harder then most. Four years later we’re still here, sanctioned again.

If Legion is the worst alliance ever, what’s your excuse?

Edited by Banedon

[quote name='Banedon' timestamp='1284314724' post='2451148']
As soon as we heard about this thread on MK's boards we knew we'd be a finalist and have a better then even chance of taking it. The whole idea of WAE is a joke to us. We know we're not perfect, but some of the charges that get hurled our way are a little over the top.

Failed alliances implode to poor leadership, we're still here and our forums are vibrant, irreverent, and mostly irrelevant.
Failed alliances shatter when their government tries to disband them. Yet we survived our leadership bailing on us years ago.
Failed alliances wither and die under an intense and never ending storm of scorn, indifference, and sarcasm. We deal with it and just accept it.
Failed alliances don’t last for four years, and outlive most of their old enemies.

Most of the Cyberverse castigates us for things we did years ago. They chastise us for things we didn’t do years ago. They laugh at us for what we said last month. They’ll roll their eyes for what we’ll say next week. And nothing we can do or say will really change that.

We endure.

We survived a disbandment. We survived the wrath of NPO when it was at the height of its power. We’ve survived multiple curb stomps and massive reparations packages. We’ve risen higher, and fallen harder then most. Four years later we’re still here, sanctioned again.

If Legion is the worst alliance ever, what’s your excuse?
[/quote]

Nicely put! o/

If Legion has a problem, it is that it is happily self contained. This did it no favours when the NPO propaganda machine went for it (and most of the present oppobrium stems from that work, johnny-come-lately bandwagonners notwithstanding). This self-containment is it's greatest strength and greatest weakness.

The renewal of the Legion, post Purplegate, should have been a fresh start, but bad luck (the world turning against the NPO) on the world political stage saw it turn into distaste on all sides of the treaty web.

It's probably too late to do anything about it now, though, unless they get a PR genius in.

This is probably the time to go for some self imposed silence. You should have talked more when you stayed silent and now you should talk less and stay silent.

Edited by Hymenbreach

[quote name='Dubsy' timestamp='1284313697' post='2451131']
[/quote]
Yeah, HB was part of the Legion. And even though he's fairly critical of us now, I still wub him :wub: See, unlike pezstar, he fought to keep the Legion alive, while she would've actively caused it to die.

To HB and Cataduanes, I understand where you're coming from and I'm thankful for the genuine advice you're trying to give. But the thing is, we wanted a good laugh. That was the entire purpose of this, from the point that it became evident that we would win MKs little contest. I don't think anyone of us who was involved in putting this little announcement together is disappointed in how this has gone. Generally, we're laughing it up back on avelegio. And you're right, it's not the best PR. But it wasn't intended to be. It was intended to be a lulzy little response to a lulzy little contest, and it was a success, at least on our end. It also seemed to get MK mad enough to ban the guy who posted it on their forums for a time, and that just makes this whole thing funnier. And let's be honest. Very few people here are actually trying to give us any real criticism. I've asked for people's reasoning behind their disapproval of us, and all I've seen is "lolegion hurr hurr", "fail", and other similar posts which really don't say anything. No one is here to try to understand what actually goes on with us, or even comment in any meaningful way. They'd just rather assume we suck and have a laugh at our expense. So, whatever. They can have their laugh, we'll have ours, and we'll continue on our way.

I'm sorry if you feel disappointed in us for this announcement. I know it's not the most dignified thing, and I know that it's not going to do anything to change minds, win hearts, etc., but honestly, I'm not sure we could do that if we tried. So, instead, we'll kick back with a cold drink and laugh as people try to make us feel bad over a joke. B-)

[quote name='FreeMason' timestamp='1284316497' post='2451166']
It also seemed to get MK mad enough to ban the guy who posted it on their forums for a time, and that just makes this whole thing funnier.
[/quote]
They did what?

OK that's butthurt on the level that Wedge displayed when he banned Ataraxia from Val's forums.

[quote name='Hymenbreach' timestamp='1284312917' post='2451125']

[/quote]

Wait, so ARE the Legion's failures my fault, or aren't they? You say they are. Legion members say they aren't. So which is it? It would seem to me that the folks who have had three years to do something with the alliance would be the ones shouldering the blame. Three years is a long time. You are amongst the ones who stayed around and attempted to rebuild the alliance. It would seem that you'd shoulder blame more than I would. But here you are, pointing a finger at me, when I haven't had anything to do with the alliance for THREE YEARS. If your contention is that Legion sucks today because of something I was a part of that long ago, then you are either delusional or Legion is even more pathetic than anyone imagined.

I didn't take any kind of redemptive punishment for it because... no one actually tried. Legion never so much as asked STA if they could attack me. noWedge did, but that was for reasons that had nothing to do with Legion, and so the Emperor of NPO stopped it. It would seem to me that, again, Legion was the one lacking intestinal fortitude if, after three years, they are still so bitter about me that I am blamed for their current reputation, they still, to this day, have not made a single attempt to "seek revenge".

I can and will say whatever I please about Legion. You can opine until the end of time that I have no right to, but here I am, talking about it freely. And there you are, whining that IT'S ALL PEZSTAR'S FAULT THAT LEGION STILL SUCKS AFTER THREE YEARS!

[quote name='pezstar' timestamp='1284316765' post='2451174']
Wait, so ARE the Legion's failures my fault, or aren't they? You say they are. Legion members say they aren't. So which is it? It would seem to me that the folks who have had three years to do something with the alliance would be the ones shouldering the blame. Three years is a long time. You are amongst the ones who stayed around and attempted to rebuild the alliance. It would seem that you'd shoulder blame more than I would. But here you are, pointing a finger at me, when I haven't had anything to do with the alliance for THREE YEARS. If your contention is that Legion sucks today because of something I was a part of that long ago, then you are either delusional or Legion is even more pathetic than anyone imagined.
[/quote]
You mischaracterized his argument.

He's arguing that people think Legion sucks today because they fault the Legion of today for the actions that you took while you were Legion gov.

(He doesn't think Legion sucks.)

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1284316658' post='2451171']
They did what?

OK that's butthurt on the level that Wedge displayed when he banned Ataraxia from Val's forums.
[/quote]
Leonidas posted this little announcement of ours on MKs forums, and from what I understand, part of the membership paid a Lord to ban him. The ban lasted somewhere around 12 hrs, if I'm not mistaken.

[quote name='FreeMason' timestamp='1284316966' post='2451181']
Leonidas posted this little announcement of ours on MKs forums, and from what I understand, part of the membership paid a Lord to ban him. The ban lasted somewhere around 12 hrs, if I'm not mistaken.
[/quote]
You're not, that's correct.