UOKMB declares war with Goons

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1283793420' post='2443988']
You're free to read our constitution. It pretty plainly states what we consider alliances and not, and what we're allowed to raid and not.
[/quote]

In which some of the wording is horribly wrong.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='nutkase' timestamp='1283793802' post='2444005']
In which some of the wording is horribly wrong.
[/quote]
Is that your only rebuttal? Seems that other people understand it just fine.

[quote name='JT Jag' timestamp='1283793740' post='2444001']
As for the sanction debate, sanctioning is a function designed to hinder the attempts of dangerous nuclear rogue nations.

"Nuclear rogues" are countries whose sole purpose in existing is to attack other countries, particularly select groups of countries or alliances, with nuclear weapons and with no concern for any retaliation and no attempt to solve the problem they have via diplomacy.

Using these two definitions, the sanction of UOKMB is justified. Even if they are an "alliance", they are an alliance of nuclear rogues and have been sanctioned properly.

It'll be fun to see you guys ground under our heel. <3
[/quote]

Well said.

If only more people would pay attention to this.

"You guys care! You care so much! We don't care, though. We care so little we're going to plan for months to hurt you!"

I still appreciate you guys, though. We missed out on some NSO action because of those stupid reps. I can't wait until you get into my range!

Edited by Mandolus

Ah, haters be hatin, lovers be lovin. In all honesty, I quite enjoy this, everyone else is mad because they don't have the guts or resources to do this themselves.

Hate on me too trolls, it won't change anything.

o7 UOKMB. Let the nukes fly and the GOONS cry.

:gun::frantic:

[quote name='thekirbyfake' timestamp='1283767752' post='2443602']
To be clear, this is a UOKMB war with Goons.

You can have my 3m but that's where our association with Nexus ends.
[/quote]

I love this. "The enemy of my enemy is still Methrage so, uh, no thanks."

You guys are all right.

[quote name='Choson' timestamp='1283793879' post='2444007']
Is that your only rebuttal? Seems that other people understand it just fine.
[/quote]

"An "alliance" is defined as a group of 15 or more"

Making up definitions for words, is not really the best way of wording your Constitution.

The funny bit with it all is that you can make that section invalid if you feel like it.

Edited by nutkase

Also can you idiots stop turning this thread into another boring, tired political argument? You don't need to try to make us "look bad" at every possible opportunity. Get a life, this thread is about war.

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1283793174' post='2443978']
Unfortunately what you "consider" doesnt change the "facts"
[/quote]
Please Alterego, declare war on us and force us to change our definition of an alliance. Go on, we're waiting.

[quote name='thekirbyfake' timestamp='1283793005' post='2443974']
No we didn't go begging bowl in hand asking for reps
[/quote]

Just to be clear, I am not saying I approve or disapprove. That's your choice. Just wanted to know if it was done or not. Thanks for clarifying.

[quote name='nutkase' timestamp='1283794632' post='2444025']
Making up definitions for words, is not really the best way of wording your Constitution.
[/quote]

That's the nature of the frigging universe, weirdo. Some words are universal, and others differ from culture to culture and region to region. Every alliance has their own definition of what constitutes an alliance and GOONS is far from the only alliance making their own personal distinction. Some alliances consider an AA of 20 or more to be an alliance. We consider it to be 15 or more. Umbrella considers it 12.

There's a reason people have these distinctions. One nation is not an alliance. It's one nation. A Two-nation AA represents some kind of cooperation between them and some can argue that it should be considered an alliance, but it also sets a precedent that any two nations can team up to nuke someone and be forced to be seen as an alliance. This is why most sane people set a lower limit. In any case, 20 or more is pretty-well universal. If there are any huge AAs out there that consider a 50-nation AA to still be rogues, they would have a lot of political scorn.

15 nations is fairly standard.

[quote name='nutkase' timestamp='1283794632' post='2444025']
"An "alliance" is defined as a group of 15 or more"

[/quote]

The alternative is to not define what an alliance is.

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1283794601' post='2444023']
In that case your whole alliance is a rogue alliance.
[/quote]
You're free to decide that we're rogues, or aren't an alliance, as we're free to decide what we consider an alliance ourselves. Our internal policy on what constitutes an alliance is between us and who we're fighting. If you, as an outside observer, want to try and change our policy, go ahead. Talking about it isn't going to do anything though.

[quote name='nippy' timestamp='1283795039' post='2444036']
[/quote]

The alternative would be to re-word it along different lines which does not involve the word Alliance.

Still wondering if GOONS see Ninja's as a alliance or a bunch of nations which just happen to have the same AA?

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1283794800' post='2444029']
Please Alterego, declare war on us and force us to change our definition of an alliance. Go on, we're waiting.
[/quote]
I offered you guys a 3v1 on me earlier in the year and you said no.

[quote name='nippy' timestamp='1283795039' post='2444036']
[/quote]
How do you know what isnt an alliance without a definition of what is an alliance?

[quote name='nutkase' timestamp='1283795499' post='2444043']
The alternative would be to re-word it along different lines which does not involve the word Alliance.[/quote]

That would be counter-productive. What's the point in defining a term if we're not going to even say what it is?

I think I'm going to invent a word. It means "a dumb and pointless argument". And I just did. Feel free to use it.

Edited by Dr Beefstupid

Still wondering if GOONS see Ninja's as a alliance or a bunch of nations which just happen to have the same AA?
[/quote]
If you had bothered reading the next sentence you would have your answer.

Edited by Sardonic

Not that I agree with Xavii's actions here, but if one is going to complain about sanctioning standards, one might want to deal with the sanctioning of [i]one-off non-nuclear[/i] rogues first. At least these guys actually went nuclear. I know some senators who would sanction new, small nations for simply attacking their alliance and not knowing any better. That, IMO, is true sanction abuse.

As for this war, to both sides I have simply this to offer.

Have fun! :awesome:

:(( GOONS :((:P

The alternative would be to re-word it along different lines which does not involve the word Alliance.
[/quote]
I've said this exact same thing. I prefer 'AA' as opposed to 'alliance', as use of the word 'alliance' when talking about something that isn't an alliance makes my head do loopty loops.

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1283795588' post='2444044']
How do you know what isnt an alliance without a definition of what is an alliance?
[/quote]

You're Alterego. I prefer to have this conversation with nutkase, as he has proven himself to be able to have a successful conversation.

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1283795477' post='2444042']
If you, as an outside observer, want to try and change our policy, go ahead. Talking about it isn't going to do anything though.
[/quote]
Well you're absolutley right about that.

Where's Polaris when you need them?

Edited by BlkAK47_002

[/quote]

In the nation of Coffee, we have similar problems with phrase Lazy Daisy . A Lazy Daisy is a group of decent folk who choose to sit close together for much of the day. Sometimes, during our Lazy Daisy, a group of filthy, barefoot street urchins squat outside and scratch themselves in a most conspicuous fashion. When The Authorities are called, they jump up and down claiming that they are holding their own Lazy Daisy.

Language can be difficult.