Kerberos Nexus Announcement

Sephiroth

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Dr Beefstupid' timestamp='1283540742' post='2440607']Can't wait to see those resumes come flooding in![/quote]
In today's job market that metaphor loses some umph. Perhaps there are fringe benefits, like free air conditioning and the occasional second hostess cupcake in the pack.

[quote name='Teddyyo' timestamp='1283552279' post='2440771']
I must admit, Methrage has some good principles. Here, he let his principles blind his logic.

He's still acting like a big nation as a small one, too.
[/quote]

What principles? He never actually says what his principles are, just that he has them. As far as I can tell, his principles are "Never cooperate with anyone ever for any reason." It seems he takes any kind of compromise, no matter how simple, innocent, or beneficiary to be a weakening of whatever ethics he supposedly stands for.

[quote name='Biff Webster' timestamp='1283538721' post='2440583']
VE, the ever benevolent master, throws it's doggie a partially eaten ham sandwich.
[/quote]
Ahahaha oh god I can't let this one drop off this page.

[quote name='Mandolus' timestamp='1283527754' post='2440425']
Right, because Methrage definitely intended to pay reps and this isn't just one huge cry for attention on his part, and you aren't on his side simply because you don't like GOONS.

Look, I know constantly trying to "discredit the enemy" on the OWF is the cool thing to do on Bob but Methrage is clearly in the wrong here. If you're going to support him you can at least be honest and say its because you want to see GOONS die instead of trying to justify his ridiculous attention whoring. You look like less of a petty jerk that way.
[/quote]

From the back-and-forth that went on in this thread, there was no sign either way about Methrage's intents regarding reps. He did however seem courteous in explaining that he will try to restrain his member. It was GOONS who brought up the mention of reps, and did so in a rather presumptuous tone. It's unfortunate that they only know how to be courteous when dealing with a stronger alliance.

[quote name='hizzy' timestamp='1283559285' post='2440871']
From the back-and-forth that went on in this thread, there was no sign either way about Methrage's intents regarding reps. He did however seem courteous in explaining that he will try to restrain his member. It was GOONS who brought up the mention of reps, and did so in a rather presumptuous tone. It's unfortunate that they only know how to be courteous when dealing with a stronger alliance.
[/quote]

Oh come on. This is pathetic. Methrage's guy attacks us with no provocation. We confront him about it and he responds to our negotiations by attacking us and swears to his dying breath it's a valid CB.

It doesn't matter how big the alliance is. If one of their members attacks us we're going to be asking for reps. Trying to claim Methrage was courteous in all of this is an insult to the definition of courtesy. Stop insulting the English language.

Never change, Methrage. Seriously, you're my favorite person on all of Planet Bob. Keep on keepin' on, man. My only regret is that I cannot engage you this time around.

Edited by Xodiaen

[/quote]
This is an OUTRAGEOUS claim.

I'm never polite when demanding reps.

[/quote]Is he a child? Is his psyche so delicate that the [i]tone[/i] is enough to completely shatter his ego and force him to resort to ill-advised warfare?

Go look at my breakdown of this thread again. There is nothing in this thread that constitutes a valid and sensible CB.

Honestly, GOONS asked for reps for a rogue attack, and not in a particularly impolite way either. This is a clear case of Methrage going nuts. $9m might be overpriced at that NS but that is something to discuss once peace is achieved, not an excuse to declare three more wars and anarchy nations. GOONS may have their bad moments (not for a little while thankfully) but there's really nothing to criticise them for in this case.

[quote name='Bob Janova' timestamp='1283563573' post='2440956']
Honestly, GOONS asked for reps for a rogue attack, and not in a particularly impolite way either. This is a clear case of Methrage going nuts. $9m might be overpriced at that NS but that is something to discuss once peace is achieved, not an excuse to declare three more wars and anarchy nations. GOONS may have their bad moments (not for a little while thankfully) but there's really nothing to criticise them for in this case.
[/quote]
They said they would only discuss reps when the war is over, the $9m figure was an estimate thrown out by beefspari on what they would ask after beating down on an alliance mate of mine for a full round of wars.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1283563927' post='2440964']
They said they would only discuss reps when the war is over, the $9m figure was an estimate thrown out by beefspari on what they would ask after beating down on an alliance mate of mine for a full round of wars.
[/quote]

What part of
[quote name='Heinlander' timestamp='1283481767' post='2439793']
What part of
[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1283477797' post='2439713']Once the peace offers clear we can discuss reps for your friend's boredom.[/quote]is giving you difficulty?[/quote]is giving you difficulty?

[quote name='Dr Beefstupid' timestamp='1283560154' post='2440886']
Oh come on. This is pathetic. Methrage's guy attacks us with no provocation. We confront him about it and he responds to our negotiations by attacking us and swears to his dying breath it's a valid CB.

It doesn't matter how big the alliance is. If one of their members attacks us we're going to be asking for reps. Trying to claim Methrage was courteous in all of this is an insult to the definition of courtesy. Stop insulting the English language.
[/quote]

[quote name='Heinlander' timestamp='1283561650' post='2440918']
Is he a child? Is his psyche so delicate that the [i]tone[/i] is enough to completely shatter his ego and force him to resort to ill-advised warfare?

Go look at my breakdown of this thread again. There is nothing in this thread that constitutes a valid and sensible CB.
[/quote]

Ok I may be an !@#$%^& but I'm not that bad at it. You're both really missing the point of what I was saying.

Methrage had already acknowledged that he didnt know why his member was doing that, and he stated that he would ask him to accept peace.

At that point some other GOONS members started puffing their chest out with !@#$ like "duh you wont be able to pay the 9 mil in reps that we're going to ask for at your size" (on that note, how can you be that big of a !@#$% to request more reps than someone is capable of paying?) and when you act like that you are bound to run into someone who's going to push back out of spite.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1283563927' post='2440964']
[/quote]
There was no beatdown, there was no extra declaration, all of this you're saying is fabricated in your head. Your buddy declared at 6:30. I was aware of it a couple hours later. I spoke to you, and we agreed to have people peace and we'd negotiate reps. Then by midnight you decided to quad. There was no beatdown involved. There was no full round of wars. You decided within about 4-5 hours that you were just going to declare on us before we had the chance to peace out of wars that your buddy started.

[quote name='nippy' timestamp='1283495074' post='2440076']
...yet you support rogues. Good to know.
[/quote]

[quote name='nippy' timestamp='1283495587' post='2440097']
He started three wars with his own nation before we had to post the DoW on his AA. Six wars against us, no CB, no declaration. He and the other nation are rogues. We made the announcement to notify the rest of the world that aid will be an act of war.
[/quote]

I've always been baffled by the inability of otherwise intelligent people to understand the difference between a rogue and a person making a bad choice. I think more correctly, it's not a matter of ignorance, though, but of propaganda. Saying "I need you to sanction this rogue" plays better than "I need you to sanction this political enemy."

Methrage is the leader of his alliance. If he starts an alliance-wide war, it is impossible for him to be a rogue. I know it makes things nice and pretty, but wars dont' need CBs, they don't need justification. A war can be started for absolutely no reason and it is still a war. Was Tygaland a "rogue" when he launched nukes? No. He was the !@#$@#$ Emperor. Was LUA's leader a rogue when he first-strike nuked in the TPF-NoV War? No. He was in charge of the alliance.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1283569256' post='2441044']
I've always been baffled by the inability of otherwise intelligent people to understand the difference between a rogue and a person making a bad choice. I think more correctly, it's not a matter of ignorance, though, but of propaganda. Saying "I need you to sanction this rogue" plays better than "I need you to sanction this political enemy."

Methrage is the leader of his alliance. If he starts an alliance-wide war, it is impossible for him to be a rogue. I know it makes things nice and pretty, but wars dont' need CBs, they don't need justification. A war can be started for absolutely no reason and it is still a war. Was Tygaland a "rogue" when he launched nukes? No. He was the !@#$@#$ Emperor. Was LUA's leader a rogue when he first-strike nuked in the TPF-NoV War? No. He was in charge of the alliance.
[/quote]Except that Methrage is the leader of an alliance that is two people, one of whom is his brother. Its like saying that a person and his neighbor can declare their backyards a sovereign state and expect to be recognized by the government as such.

Methrage has no claim to legitimate authority because his alliance is him, a guy he sucked into his whirlpool of crazy, and the voices in his head. If he put himself in position with more people on his side then at the very least his political standing would have some merit, because he is the representative of a larger group of nations. But he isn't. He is the sovereign state of Methrage.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1283569256' post='2441044']

[/quote]
Maybe, but I don't see it that way. Methrage hides behind his 2-man AA so that he can pretend to lead an alliance and not be a rogue. If all it takes is to drag one other person with you to not be a rogue, or to sit in an AA and pretend you're the leader, we'd have a lot less "rogues." Methrage's actions make him a rogue. Just because he says "The Nexus is declaring war!" when he's basically the only member doesn't really change his position. He's still one man declaring war against four alliances (read some of his other posts if you're interested in this tidbit).

If a man takes his nukes and makes a 2-man AA and declares war with no CB, he's still going to get treated like and sanctioned like a rogue. I know different people have different views on what makes an alliance. Some people say 15+, some 10+, some 5, or 2, or even 1 if you have an AA. But Methrage doesn't lead an alliance. He rides an AA with a buddy so he can pretend he's not a rogue, and make himself sound important when he makes decisions and declarations for his "alliance."