CN Art SOTW #15 - Moderator Colours

Marneus Calgar

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Masterof9puppets' timestamp='1283143334' post='2435489']
Okay, really this one is just stupid. For the next one choose a theme like freaking, movie characters, or horror, or something. Not a goddamn colour.

I felt like being 100% original this time, no plagiarism.

[img]http://imgur.com/rdyQR.png[/img]

[code]Puppets-[IMG]http://imgur.com/rdyQR.png[/IMG][/code]

It's red, just like admin. If you stare at it long enough, or smoke enough whatever, you can see a face. The face represents the ebilness of admin, and his Godly self watching over us all as we play this game. If you stare even harder, you'll see an eye.

/me bows.
[/quote]

Quality work. But, I like my idea of a cthutulu in it though.

Edited by Believland

[quote name='Davian Thule' timestamp='1283143316' post='2435488']
I seriously think you need to stop coming back to this thread or play nice. ;)
[/quote]

Play nice? You're the one rejecting people's work and making up reasons for it on the fly. I'm trying to defend them. I'm arguing in favour of fairness.

[quote name='Sal Paradise' timestamp='1283143694' post='2435497']
Play nice? You're the one rejecting people's work and making up reasons for it on the fly. I'm trying to defend them. I'm arguing in favour of fairness.
[/quote]

He can though.

[quote]The CN-ART staff also reserves the right to deny any submission at their discretion.[/quote]

[quote name='Sal Paradise' timestamp='1283143694' post='2435497']
[/quote]
You're not arguing in fairness at all, you're just indirectly attacking me with all your plagiarism comments and you know full well that's all you're here to do. It's getting old and I really couldn't care what you say. So how 'bout you make a submission or stop coming back.

Edited by Davian Thule

[quote name='Davian Thule' timestamp='1283143861' post='2435501']
You're not arguing in fairness at all, you're just indirectly attacking me with all your plagiarism comments and you know full well that's all you're here to do. It's getting old and I really couldn't care what you say. So how 'bout you make a submission or stop coming back.
[/quote]

I second this notion - and I just got here.

Thule is the boss here, and he made a reasonable ruling. It's pretty simple stuff, once you get on the same page as everyone else.

[quote name='Davian Thule' timestamp='1283143204' post='2435485']
No no, it can be just that colour, but there has to be other images in there. A blank filled document with a single colour and a border is simply not even trying and as for Liam, you just based it off of them and jumped on the "lulz" train.
[/quote]

If I place multiple images on top of each other and make them the exact same color, it will just show up as a blank document with a single color and a border.

[quote name='Davian Thule' timestamp='1283143861' post='2435501']
[/quote]

Oh yeah, I'm going to make an image so you can make up some random excuse to reject it. I'll get right on that.

[quote name='Sal Paradise' timestamp='1283147218' post='2435545']
Oh yeah, I'm going to make an image so you can make up some random excuse to reject it. I'll get right on that.
[/quote]
If it's a proper entry I'd have no problem with accepting it. If it's like one of the blank rectangles posted so far, of course I'll reject it.

[quote name='Alfred von Tirpitz' timestamp='1283146441' post='2435531']
I am scared to participate now. Too many people out to prove points this week.

Good one Mo9P.
[/quote]
Just like last week really. I do love how these have devolved into debates about plagiarism, censorship, and equality while the actual signature competition takes a back seat. So very entertaining. Do continue on.

To be honest, the way Davian Thule rejects entries doesn't make me want to participate in those competitions whatsoever.

Let's be honest here, Davian, you pretty much follow tutorials (save from a little colour/effect here and there) and put your entry as if it were yours. Sure, it's a good exercise. FOR YOU. But it doesn't make it more original than Believland's red rectangle.

Edited by potato

[quote name='Davian Thule' timestamp='1283149141' post='2435570']
If it's a proper entry I'd have no problem with accepting it. If it's like one of the blank rectangles posted so far, of course I'll reject it.
[/quote]

I fail to see what was wrong with my picture. I altered the living hell out of it.

Oh wait... I think I heard that somewhere before :ph34r:

It's funny how you don't agree with your own pictures being used by someone else for an art contest :smug:

[quote name='potato' timestamp='1283170094' post='2435695']
To be honest, the way Davian Thule rejects entries doesn't make me want to participate in those competitions whatsoever.

Let's be honest here, Davian, you pretty much follow tutorials (save from a little colour/effect here and there) and put your entry as if it were yours. Sure, it's a good exercise. FOR YOU. But it doesn't make it more original than Believland's red rectangle.
[/quote]
I did it once and you're going to hold me to it aren't you?

I'm sorry that I used a tutorial to make something that was put on a website for all to use and never said anything about not making their own version. I made a version which was similar, but did have some of my own points on it. If you and the rest of the people who're attacking me for a prior instance could get over yourselves for a minute I think we'd all be better for it. If you're not going to participate don't say "Oh this and that makes me not want to." guess what, no one cares and if they do, they need to get their heads read.

Anyway, that's enough of that, back on track. You know full well that my reasons for rejecting them were real and if you made something and then random idiots came around and ruined it you'd be pretty annoyed too.

[quote name='Masterof9puppets' timestamp='1283143777' post='2435499']
He can though.
[/quote]

[quote]The CN-ART staff also reserves the right to deny any submission at their discretion.[/quote]

No Wai!

The CN-ART staff is part of the art contest where they advocate art being "borrowed, altered and not given due credit", while they have the right to reject other people's submissions (that they are running against) just because they made up a rule giving themselves this very same power... :huh:

This makes so much more sense! Thanks! :awesome:

[quote name='Davian Thule' timestamp='1283175631' post='2435744']
I did it once and you're going to hold me to it aren't you?

I'm sorry that I used a tutorial to make something that was put on a website for all to use and never said anything about not making their own version. I made a version which was similar, but did have some of my own points on it. If you and the rest of the people who're attacking me for a prior instance could get over yourselves for a minute I think we'd all be better for it. If you're not going to participate don't say "Oh this and that makes me not want to." guess what, no one cares and if they do, they need to get their heads read.

Anyway, that's enough of that, back on track. You know full well that my reasons for rejecting them were real and if you made something and then random idiots came around and ruined it you'd be pretty annoyed too.
[/quote]

I'm not attacking you in anyway. Now, get off your high horse and, as you so eloquently put it, "get over yourself".

Now that's out of the way, let me rephrase a few things so you understand them. You arbitrarily refuse entries for not having enough work in them, not having enough or whatever. Yet you allow your own entries which happen to not really be your creation. A red rectangle is about as original as your copycat work. Whether it hurts your feelings because you put more work into it than Believland's rectangle isn't really any of my business. It's your competition, your rules. But don't act all butthurt if someone critizices you for abusing your power. Let the voters decide which is better.

Think about it for a second: why do you think most entries are just yours and those of your little gang of "artists"?

I've never participated or really gave much thought to these threads, but it kind of irritates me how this competition goes against the entire idea of art. Art is about expression and being creative. How can you deny art to be submitted based on the fact that you don't like it or don't get the point of it? Plenty of people think abstract art like the work of Picasso is stupid, but any real artist would recognize that those people are just ignorant and aren't really getting the point. Likewise, just because you don't like the art or you don't get it, it doesn't make it a bad submission. A square of one single color that has a significant meaning and theme behind it is something I would consider much higher art than things just made to look pretty without a real meaning at all.

The point of this contest is to make a signature that people like. It's not to make a signature that people like only because it pisses off Davian. Over the past what, four years I've been on these forums, 99.9% of signatures that I have seen below users posts has used content that the creator of the signature did not 100% create themselves. Not once have I ever seen anyone call someone out for their sig being based off of a render instead of being one hundred percent original. I have to admit, it was kind of funny at first, when the arguments first started popping up, but now it's just ridiculous. If you're not here to create sigs for a contest, and instead are just going to bicker and annoy the hell out of people that actually want to participate, get out please.

[quote name='Darth Revan' timestamp='1283182512' post='2435825']
This thread is a signature competition, not a discussion thread on whether someone plagiarized something once. If you want to participate in the competition great, if not than it might be best if you don't post here.
[/quote]

Totally agree, if people don't like the rules stop complinaing about it an create your own contest, nobody is obliged to like or participate of SOTW.

[quote name='Alfred von Tirpitz' timestamp='1283146441' post='2435531']
I am scared to participate now. Too many people out to prove points this week.

Good one Mo9P.
[/quote]

Honestly, I just submitted an image. I didn't do the image to make a point. I did it so I could procrastinate over some bullcrap essay.

The fact that many people have responded to it in many ways is satisfaction enough.

I really hope you make a sig. I enjoy many of your works.