Founding an Arab alliance

The MVP

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1282759984' post='2431026']
If an Aryan or Arab got prosecuted for being an Aryan or Arab you would see all kinds of civil rights people coming to their aid. If an Aryan, Arab or Ayone got prosecuted for comitting a crime you wouldnt see the same people coming to their aid.
[/quote]

You're talking about iranians and arabs being prosecuted here, I don't follow.
:v:

[quote name='Alcoholic' timestamp='1282760274' post='2431030']
if its an egyptian alliance, i would definitely join. If arabs in general send me a pm, ill think about it
[/quote]

Make sure that if it's an egyptian alliance, the pharaoh roleplays as a god-emperor.

Alright well I'll go ahead and just make a post encompassing everything...

The fact we are describing Nazis, an extremist movement of people who did war crimes, and Arabs in the same light is ridiculous. Arab is nothing more than an ethnic group based off the same language. How someone can get in trouble for being "Arab" is beyond me, an Arab is a person of Middle Eastern descent not an extremist.

On top of it, the interest displayed in Middle Eastern history is admirable but a bit off. You guys are throwing around ideas for Persian, Egyptian, Ottoman alliances is cool but understand something:

Aurion - you said you wanted alliances based off of Hellenic colonies. So you want to create a Hellenic alliance such as the Seleucids, an empire that encompassed Anatolia and Syria, and the Ptolemaic Empire, Egypt, and make it into an alliance? How's that going to compete with alliances like Athens and Sparta? It's not really going to take off, not much interest. An actual oriental alliance not Greek in culture would be a better idea.

I see cries for Persian alliances. Perhaps but creation of a Persian alliance wouldn't attract much. It's funny how receptive you guys are to the term [i]Persian[/i] yet get on your heels when the term [i]Iranian[/i] comes up. You realize they are one in the same, right?

And when you guys ask for "Egyptian alliances" I'm unsure of the period. You mean Ancient Egyptian? That has been tried numerous times before and always found a way to implode for reasons I don't know about.

Edited by The MVP

[quote name='The MVP' timestamp='1282753316' post='2430923']
This alliance will go as far as developing and even working on producing weapons of mass destruction. Whether NATO likes it or not.
[/quote]
Hahaha, I see what you did there.

Good luck with the alliance.

-Bama

Edited by BamaBuc

[quote name='Jens of the desert' timestamp='1282762172' post='2431077']
Wow, you're pretty shallow in terms of reasons for joining an alliance.
[/quote]
its going to be a new alliance, so we can work on the rest, I'd just like to see some egyptians.

[quote name='The MVP' timestamp='1282760593' post='2431038']
Aurion - you said you wanted alliances based off of Hellenic colonies. So you want to create a Hellenic alliance such as the Seleucids, an empire that encompassed Anatolia and Syria, and the Ptolemaic Empire, Egypt, and make it into an alliance? How's that going to compete with alliances like Athens and Sparta? It's not really going to take off, not much interest. An actual oriental alliance not Greek in culture would be a better idea.
[/quote]

It'd still be an interesting idea, which I figured was the point. Especially since the only classical-based alliances are currently two southern Greek city-states and a gaggle of Romes afaik.

Edited by Aurion

Mujahadeen or however it's spelled but I don't think they were Arab. Hamas? There is another but it would prolly be banned or protested for sensitivity. I guess it depends on the type of Arab alliance. Don't know Arab culture so names for it are hard for me to come up with. National or cultural themes would be cool to see but most tend to be shot down as not original enough.

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1282759984' post='2431026']
If an Aryan or Arab got prosecuted for being an Aryan or Arab you would see all kinds of civil rights people coming to their aid. If an Aryan, Arab or Ayone got prosecuted for comitting a crime you wouldnt see the same people coming to their aid.
[/quote]

Sure you would, its called the ACLU :x

Edited by Il Impero Romano

Well, my name was mentioned here, so I figure I'd best respond.

Right now, I am very happy in TIO, and I don't see me leaving it to found a new alliance anytime soon. That said, I greatly support the idea, and if (God forbid) TIO ever fell, it would definitely be a place I would look at going.

I definitely like the idea of an alliance based around Arab culture as opposed to purely Islamic culture, as we've seen from Hizb Islam and the Jamahiriya. That said, it would be a difficult and challenging path to follow, because (as others here have pointed out) overcoming stereotypes and racism will be ridiculously hard, if not impossible, to do. My time in the Jamahiriya taught me that much.

With the external issues you will likely face out of the way, you do hold an enormous internal advantage over the Islamic alliances we've seen, and that is by creating an alliance based in ethnic culture, you will likely not face as many serious internal divisions as the Jamahiriya did, for example, simply becasue there will not be as much of a focus on religion as the source for your alliance's motif.

At any rate, best of luck if you go ahead with this.

Also, +1 to Hymenbreach.

Edited by Michael von Prussia

[quote name='Moridin' timestamp='1282778037' post='2431261']
Only if you start a war against a Turkish alliance and allow me to lead your armies to victory, then screw you over by poaching all your members.
[/quote]

Lawrence sounds like such an effeminate name though.

[quote name='Michael von Prussia' timestamp='1282777529' post='2431253']
That said, it would be a difficult and challenging path to follow, because (as others here have pointed out) overcoming stereotypes and racism will be ridiculously hard, if not impossible, to do. My time in the Jamahiriya taught me that much.
[/quote]

It'd be a good start to stop wearing avatars and signatures that glorify terrorists.

[quote name='Mr Damsky' timestamp='1282784859' post='2431365']
It'd be a good start to stop wearing avatars and signatures that glorify terrorists.
[/quote]

I guess it would considering it's only showing Lebanese citizens who had their land unrightfully taken by the Israelis, killing many by the way. But you didn't here about that, all you heard was when that Israeli soldier got killed.

They're not terrorists, you're just uneducated about the actual facts.

[quote]Pick something between Egypt and India and Athens will show up. ;)[/quote]

Egypt was conquered by Alexander the Great, a Macedonian, not Athenian. ^_^

[quote name='The MVP' timestamp='1282785581' post='2431372']
I guess it would considering it's only showing Lebanese citizens who had their land unrightfully taken by the Israelis, killing many by the way. But you didn't here about that, all you heard was when that Israeli soldier got killed.

They're not terrorists, you're just uneducated about the actual facts.[/quote]

Take it to the Boiler Room. This is not the place to discuss real world conflicts.

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' timestamp='1282785667' post='2431375']
You should do this. Michael von Prussia and AUT for biumvirate.
[/quote]

I really don't know him and judging by much of the comments on here, it's clear we're not quite ready to have this.

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1282792494' post='2431476']
BAPS did it first~
[/quote]
You mean to post [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=91230"]here[/url]? BAPS is Irish, not Arabic. ._.