War Ends

[quote name='kevin32891' timestamp='1283098527' post='2434733']
That's from your point if view.
[/quote]
STOP THE PRESSES EVERYONE! NEWS FLASH! WHEN I POST SOMETHING IT'S FROM MY POINT OF VIEW! THIS ASTOUNDING NEW INFORMATION CHANGES EVERYTHING!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='NoFish' timestamp='1283099768' post='2434741']
STOP THE PRESSES EVERYONE! NEWS FLASH! WHEN I POST SOMETHING IT'S FROM MY POINT OF VIEW! THIS ASTOUNDING NEW INFORMATION CHANGES EVERYTHING!
[/quote]

There goes another puppet we can't dangle on our strings :mad:

[quote name='NoFish' timestamp='1283097755' post='2434725']
No, you lost this war and the bi-polar war. That is, in fact, two wars that you have lost.
[/quote]
Those were just battles.

[quote name='Sulmar' timestamp='1283101656' post='2434756']
Those were just battles.
[/quote]
Pretty sure the title of this thread is "War Ends" not "Battle Ends" and I have a reasonable degree of certainty that it was the Bi-Polar War, not the Bi-Polar Battle.

[quote name='NoFish' timestamp='1283101911' post='2434758']
Pretty sure the title of this thread is "War Ends" not "Battle Ends" and I have a reasonable degree of certainty that it was the Bi-Polar War, not the Bi-Polar Battle.
[/quote]
Call it what you want, I consider this a victory. Go pout, I win.

[quote name='Bob Janova' timestamp='1283097236' post='2434718']
So wait, why are we talking about reps and terrible terms? I'm pretty sure this war ended with no reps and no real terms beyond surrendering and taking responsibility (and well, regarding the second, we all know how much statements like that in peace terms are really worth). Discussion of the old 'Hegemony vs Karma: who is worse' is really quite out of place, I hope everyone can agree that these terms are light!
[/quote]
Well there was originally a discussion pointing out that the things they wanted us to take responsibility for aren't all things that we should be taking responsibility for, and at least in one case something they seem to have just made up out of thin air.

But otherwise yes I agree with you.

[/quote]

I'd really just let him wallow in his own self delusion. Really, he's just trying to put on his brave face because he is a joke and that's the only way he can cope.. Even someone of that caliber doesn't actually think they've won and are only putting on the facade as to save face. Well, of course if he did, admin help NSO, because we all know their allies won't.

[quote name='Matthew Conrad' timestamp='1283108416' post='2434810']
I'd really just let him wallow in his own self delusion. Really, he's just trying to put on his brave face because he is a joke and that's the only way he can cope.. Even someone of that caliber doesn't actually think they've won and are only putting on the facade as to save face. Well, of course if he did, admin help NSO, because we all know their allies won't.
[/quote]

Haven't already heard all those same words from a dozen other people already. lol

The victor may write the history books, but both parties still write from their own perspective.

[quote name='Rayvon' timestamp='1283108661' post='2434813']
Haven't already heard all those same words from a dozen other people already. lol

The victor may write the history books, but both parties still write from their own perspective.
[/quote]

He isn't writing from his own perspective, what he is doing is creating a story he doesn't actually believe in but desperately wishes were true. I would imagine the reasonable NSO member would write something along the lines of "we lost but didn't like the CB etc. etc."

[quote name='Matthew Conrad' timestamp='1283109423' post='2434820']
He isn't writing from his own perspective, what he is doing is creating a story he doesn't actually believe in but desperately wishes were true. I would imagine the reasonable NSO member would write something along the lines of "we lost but didn't like the CB etc. etc."
[/quote]

And you're an authority on the thoughts in his mind and what he does and doesn't believe? :wacko:

[quote name='Rayvon' timestamp='1283108661' post='2434813']
[/quote]
You can have whatever perspective you want. If you surrender (the very word used in the OP mind you) then you have lost the war/battle. It really is that simple. So simple that I have a hard time believing anyone in their right mind could actually argue the point. Which is probably where Conrad is coming from in regards to delusions.

[quote name='maxnmike' timestamp='1283111157' post='2434842']
Perhaps they think these "wars" are merely battles in a larger war, but I suppose you already know that and are being intentionally dense so that you can continue to argue.
[/quote]

Hush... don't give away their little secret. They're still under the impression nobody noticed.

[quote name='Darth Owwp' timestamp='1283040764' post='2434320']
[center][i][size=85]"The Sith might lose a battle or two, but they will never lose the war."[/i][/size][/center]
[/quote]

If the enemy is yourself yes. Keep fightng the good fight.

[/quote]
I feel no need to subscribe to such community enforced notions such as to what exactly makes a "war" as opposed to a "battle". :smug:

Anyways, such wars can really be described as only a small battle in comparison to the real war of Bob--that of being the most powerful alliance.

[quote]I'd really just let him wallow in his own self delusion. Really, he's just trying to put on his brave face because he is a joke and that's the only way he can cope.. Even someone of that caliber doesn't actually think they've won and are only putting on the facade as to save face. Well, of course if he did, admin help NSO, because we all know their allies won't.[/quote]
Just so you know, NSO won this war. Your delusional ramblings have no place here.

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' timestamp='1283098418' post='2434731']
To [i]punish them[/i], obviously. We didn't go to the lengths of requiring huge nations to send it themselves, but when they pay for it and the tech still comes from their coffers it hurts them. For the great majority of TOP's reps and the entirety of most of the alliances we defeated they can use any sellers from any alliance they choose, regardless.

Why are you throwing a link to random nation at me? Look at these: http://www.cybernations.net/allNations_display_alliances.asp?Page=1&Order=DESC&Field=Alliance_Date&Alliance=The%20Order%20Of%20The%20Paradox . [i]Tons[/i] of small nations from after the war ended, which can and are being used for reps.
[/quote]
The reason I'm throwing a link to a nation at you is because it proves my point.

My point was, as you seem to have forgotten, that TOP was not capable of recruiting sufficient small nations to pay its reps in time. As evidence, I give you a nation paying reps that was not a recruited small nation.

If they had been able to manage a 2008-era TOOL-style drive, then that nation would not have been paying reps.

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1283114695' post='2434941']
The reason I'm throwing a link to a nation at you is because it proves my point.

My point was, as you seem to have forgotten, that TOP was not capable of recruiting sufficient small nations to pay its reps in time. As evidence, I give you a nation paying reps that was not a recruited small nation.

If they had been able to manage a 2008-era TOOL-style drive, then that nation would not have been paying reps.
[/quote]
To pay the entirety of their reps? Of course not, that would require an absurd number of nations.. To put a dent in them? Absolutely, and that's what they did. (and that's what I was saying the whole time)

Edited by Sandwich Controversy

This is just classic NSO being NSO. They are pretending to think they won the war simply to make people mad. That's it. That's what they do. They try to make people mad. That's why they got curbstomped in the first place. They haven't learned anything. That's why the NSO is complete garbage. I can't wait until you make the same stupid mistakes, step on the wrong toes and get crushed again. I'm sure your enemies will make it extremely clear who won next time. Until then have fun playing the annoying little pest role.