War Ends

[quote name='Fernando12' timestamp='1282690357' post='2430005']
You're also the coward that had to bring in more alliances to face us. 1v1, we'd rip RoK.
[/quote]

I am open to a duel once you guys rebuild. We do allow those here at RoK.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're also the coward that had to bring in more alliances to face us. 1v1, we'd rip RoK.
[/quote]

heh,

you're leaderships decision to jump into PM says otherwise

EDIT: fail.. :/

Edited by lazaraus45

[quote name='Heft' timestamp='1282682800' post='2429811']
The beer review was actually posted last night, about an hour, hour and a half, after this was, and has, umm.....let's say "magically vanished."
[/quote]

Oh. What a shame. Are beer reviews against the rules of diplomacy? If yes, which rule exactly? I'd like to know in case we can dictate peace terms in our next war. ;)

Edited by nitropenta

[quote name='Van Hoo III' timestamp='1282690259' post='2430004']
I had six wars also ... yet, I didn't turtle. All in good fun anyway, 'Nando. I just prefer an actual fight when attacked. :P
[/quote]

He didn't attack because there was something in the air that night, the stars were bright....

[/quote]

You know, I had to develop a brand-new term to describe the Sith approach to both war and peace.

I call it....

"Butthurt Bravado"

You, gentle Sir, are among its finest exemplars.

[quote name='lazaraus45' timestamp='1282690471' post='2430010']
heh,

you're leaderships decision to jump into PM says otherwise
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]We knew we'd be attacked my multiple alliances (I doubt RoK would have gone in alone, regardless of what you say). As we were caught off guard we needed time to prepare and organize a counter offensive. Again, common sense military tactics.

OOC: As for your comment about "no whining," I do have to say this is one of the failings of the OWF. Due to the simple fact that most people here are not all that original or bright, whenever someone on the smaller side voices a dissenting opinion it is always discrediting as just being "whining," or "bawing," or "tears." NPO made it clear when they were rolling FAN and MK that they were just whiners, as were those who disagreed with their moves. As was NoV called "criers" and "whiners," and those who stood up for them, by TPF and Co. Vox was also considered a group full of "whiners." Karma, or the former Karma, has been saying the same thing since they won that war. Really, it is quite ridiculous that a person here cannot express a view that is not in the majority without being labeled a "cry baby" (and I fully expect to be called one myself just for this post) when it is a far cry from the truth. Most people have by now been on both the defeated and victorious sides of the web, and most active here were likely posting dissent against the NPO and everyone else who was in charge at that point. Did that make you "whiners" who couldn't take the punishment rightfully owed to them? No, not at all. You merely had a differing opinion. So if we're going with the definition of "whiner" that seems to be so readily tossed about here I dare say that every single one of us is a great big baby. Or perhaps we can simply veer away from such childish and imbecilic insults and instead resort to civil discourse. Nah. Who am I kidding?[/color]

Edited by Rebel Virginia

[quote name='Fernando12' timestamp='1282691376' post='2430029']
I'll own you.

As far as alliance duel, you know who to talk to.
[/quote]

Congrats on being SLIGHTLY better than someone who is 100 days younger than you. But then again, I'm about 100 days younger than you and I still nearly triple your ns. Quit being such a tough guy with your 26 efficiency rating.

[quote name='the masheen' timestamp='1282692019' post='2430051']
Congrats on being SLIGHTLY better than someone who is 100 days younger than you. But then again, I'm about 100 days younger than you and I still nearly triple your ns. Quit being such a tough guy with your 26 efficiency rating.
[/quote]
Hey, I was recently ZI'd. I'll duel you too if you want.

Edited by Fernando12

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1282691146' post='2430026']
[color="#0000FF"]We knew we'd be attacked my multiple alliances (I doubt RoK would have gone in alone, regardless of what you say). As we were caught off guard we needed time to prepare and organize a counter offensive. Again, common sense military tactics.

OOC: As for your comment about "no whining," I do have to say this is one of the failings of the OWF. Due to the simple fact that most people here are not all that original or bright, whenever someone on the smaller side voices a dissenting opinion it is always discrediting as just being "whining," or "bawing," or "tears." NPO made it clear when they were rolling FAN and MK that they were just whiners, as were those who disagreed with their moves. As was NoV called "criers" and "whiners," and those who stood up for them, by TPF and Co. Vox was also considered a group full of "whiners." Karma, or the former Karma, has been saying the same thing since they won that war. Really, it is quite ridiculous that a person here cannot express a view that is not in the majority without being labeled a "cry baby" (and I fully expect to be called one myself just for this post) when it is a far cry from the truth. Most people have by now been on both the defeated and victorious sides of the web, and most active here were likely posting dissent against the NPO and everyone else who was in charge at that point. Did that make you "whiners" who couldn't take the punishment rightfully owed to them? No, not at all. You merely had a differing opinion. So if we're going with the definition of "whiner" that seems to be so readily tossed about here I dare say that every single one of us is a great big baby. Or perhaps we can simply veer away from such childish and imbecilic insults and instead resort to civil discourse. Nah. Who am I kidding?[/color]
[/quote]

The reason people are saying you're whining is because RoK has been pretty straight forward with you guys from the start of the war until the finish, and NSO doesn't have any material reps to pay. So the "Why are you complaining?" confusion is just kicking in.

[quote name='the masheen' timestamp='1282692278' post='2430055']
The reason people are saying you're whining is because RoK has been pretty straight forward with you guys from the start of the war until the finish, and NSO doesn't have any material reps to pay. So the "Why are you complaining?" confusion is just kicking in.
[/quote]

I've never actually considered the NSO crybabies before, to be honest. I am honestly let down.

And no, that is not sarcasm.

[quote name='the masheen' timestamp='1282692395' post='2430057']
Whose fault was that?
[/quote]

Anyone but his, I am sure.

[quote name='the masheen' timestamp='1282692278' post='2430055']
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Who's complaining? We've said time after time the terms are fairly light. All that has been said is that the statement we agreed to sign is highly inaccurate, and as someone who has dedicated his life to the pursuit of the truth I have a duty to inform you all as such.[/color]

[quote name='Bill Wallace' timestamp='1282692794' post='2430066']
That "butthurt bravado" comment was funny and it's a good description, but this display by the Sith in their surrender thread seems to be more of a desperate ploy to rally a failed alliance. Maybe it'll work because god knows nothing else has.
[/quote]
Failed? Getting 4 alliances to attack us and winning is no accomplishment. You should have won. Congratulations.

I find the words here puzzling and cannot help but think this more of an armistice than a white peace...

War is regrettable but inevitable in most situations, while inevitable it does no good to throw jabs at each other after a deescalation of hostilities. (on either side)

The fact an end has been agreed upon is good to see...I am happy to see friends on both sides of the aisle no longer in open conflict.

[quote name='Fernando12' timestamp='1282692968' post='2430069']
Failed? Getting 4 alliances to attack us and winning is no accomplishment. You should have won. Congratulations.
[/quote]

You didn't win, I am not sure how that is even debatable. If you were "winning", you wouldn't have signed this.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1282692555' post='2430062']
[color="#0000FF"]Who's complaining? We've said time after time the terms are fairly light. All that has been said is that the statement we agreed to sign is highly inaccurate, and as someone who has dedicated his life to the pursuit of the truth I have a duty to inform you all as such.[/color]
[/quote]
As always, I'm afraid you speak only for yourself (and the huge masses that follow your beacon of truth). The conduct of some of NSO's members here is wildly at odds with your posting.

Edited by Biazt

[quote name='Bill Wallace' timestamp='1282692794' post='2430066']
That "butthurt bravado" comment was funny and it's a good description, but this display by the Sith in their surrender thread seems to be more of a desperate ploy to rally a failed alliance. Maybe it'll work because god knows nothing else has.
[/quote]

Perhaps you could propose an oAoDP to help the NSO out a little?

:D

Back to point, with this peace announcement I am left utterly lost, what, if anything, was resolved? Is Bob now a safer place? :v:

[quote name='Van Hoo III' timestamp='1282693087' post='2430074']
You didn't win, I am not sure how that is even debatable. If you were "winning", you wouldn't have signed this.
[/quote]
Read much? I didn't say we won. I was congratulating your side for having to use 4 alliances to beat us. Again, congrats on this victory that took 4 AAs to achieve - (5 to those that consider TENE relevant, but I don't}.

Edited by Fernando12