GRL cap reached, once again

Lukapaka

[center][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b214/lukapaka/GRLcapped.jpg[/IMG][/center]

[b]Well folks[/b], you've done it again. Between the RoK/NSO tussle, and the STA, \m/, GGA isosceles love triangle every nation in the game is suffering peak damage from your nuclear fallout. Why can't we all just get along? As entertaining as all this has been, I'd really like to have my environment back, so that the Scukish people can once again drink water from the streams, and eat the meat off the animals they've raised. For now, however, we will continue publishing our warnings and advice pamphlets and pass them out to each and every citizen of Scukeland.

[color="#8B0000"][b]Love[/b][/color],
Lukapaka

[center][img]http://www.pulpinternational.com/images/postimg/fallout_boy.jpg[/img][/center]

Edited by Lukapaka

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Bob Janova' timestamp='1282160731' post='2421883']
Uncap it so that there is some incentive to consider the consequences before pressing the happy button ...
[/quote]

...and leave that much damage available for people that don't care about growth? Not a good idea.

[quote name='New Frontier' timestamp='1282163500' post='2421940']
Nobody cares. Honestly, just expect it to be at cap and move on with your life.
[/quote]

Incorrect, lots of people care. I've seen much complaining about the GRL from various people.

[quote name='New Frontier' timestamp='1282163652' post='2421945']
Let me rephrase myself.

Nobody should care. Every war takes us to this, just get used to it.
[/quote]

I believe people should care about what negatively affects their nations. You are correct in that every war ends up being a nukefest. Maybe we should do something about it.

[quote name='kulomascovia' timestamp='1282163940' post='2421954']
I believe people should care about what negatively affects their nations. You are correct in that every war ends up being a nukefest. Maybe we should do something about it.
[/quote]
Maybe we should. And maybe we should all staple our tongues.

[/quote]
Awww, now what would be the fun in that? I personally enjoy being radioactive. Loosen up the death grip on those pixels and have a little fun now and again. :P

[/quote]

Janova's idea is a start, raise the cap and make people die all over the world and "doing something about it" becomes a more plausable outcome. Im sure the fine citizens in "xyz" alliance would be pissed if there collections started to go down, or even become enough to pay bills.

[quote name='Thorgrum' timestamp='1282165923' post='2421995']
Janova's idea is a start, raise the cap and make people die all over the world and "doing something about it" becomes a more plausable outcome. Im sure the fine citizens in "xyz" alliance would be pissed if there collections started to go down, or even become enough to pay bills.
[/quote]

Agreed. If someone's little brush war suddenly caused everyone to be barely breaking even or losing money, then suddenly we'd find other players getting involved. Either to shove a peace treaty down someone's throat or to get revenge.

OOC:
The cap is clearly too low if one little side war can get it to max.

[quote name='CRex of Gulo Gulo' timestamp='1282166684' post='2422014']
OOC:
The cap is clearly too low if one little side war can get it to max.
[/quote]

Make the GRL cap follow some general trend like the average NS of Bob or some thing. Or just revel in the green glow, cheering as the bombs scream down from the sky, obliterating that annoying neighbour you have been too shy to complain about. Yes, that. Nuke every one.

[quote name='the lizard queen' timestamp='1282164350' post='2421965']
Awww, now what would be the fun in that? I personally enjoy being radioactive. Loosen up the death grip on those pixels and have a little fun now and again. :P
[/quote]

I'd rather not lose 3 improvement slots over some silly war over $6 million.

[quote name='Thorgrum' timestamp='1282165923' post='2421995']
[/quote]

ooc: I agree that the problem is more of a technical one. Raising the cap may help by giving a larger incentive to stop nuking.

[quote name='kulomascovia' timestamp='1282167560' post='2422029']
I'd rather not lose 3 improvement slots over some silly war over $6 million.
[/quote]

Those are still only slots, so at most they make shifting Improvements around a little bit more complicated. And you only need to do that every few weeks, while the diplomatic fallout of the "silly war" is available in all its glory around the clock, day in and day out here in our Bobian halls of international relations.

Nay, [i]fie![/i] say I; let us all come together and drive GRL beyond its last known point -- we must try to excel ourself always.

[img]http://www.our-energy.com/pictures/static_content/chernobyl/chernobyl_today.jpg[/img]

Nation Name: Chernobyl
[url="http://www.cybernations.net/about_topics.asp#Environment"]Environment[/url]: [IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b214/lukapaka/EnvironmentBad.jpg[/IMG] [color="#FFFFFF"]10.00[/color]

Edited by Lukapaka

[quote]Nobody cares. Honestly, just expect it to be at cap and move on with your life.[/quote]
[quote]The cap is clearly too low if one little side war can get it to max.[/quote]
Both of these statements are true. If the cap was high enough that the max GRL did serious damage to everyone, including the alliances that were starting it, there'd be some incentive not to reach it. Right now you are party to creating a GRL of 5 and everyone shrugs their shoulders and gets on with collecting and paying bills, and there's no political fallout from it. With an uncapped GRL you'd actually be bill-locking nations and running them to deletion, [b]including the people who were nuking[/b], so there'd be a direct personal incentive not to let things get that bad. But even with an increased cap (10 maybe?) you'd be doing enough damage to the economies of uninvolved alliances that it could have political effects.

[quote name='Bob Janova' timestamp='1282160731' post='2421883']
Uncap it so that there is some incentive to consider the consequences before pressing the happy button ...
[/quote]
No there won't be. What are you going to do? Get even more alliances to declare on the loser (the group that almost universally first strikes)? 99% of the time the first strike is done because the group is already so outnumbered they can't do any sort of damage without them anyway.

[quote name='Bob Janova' timestamp='1282172957' post='2422152']
Both of these statements are true. If the cap was high enough that the max GRL did serious damage to everyone, including the alliances that were starting it, there'd be some incentive not to reach it. Right now you are party to creating a GRL of 5 and everyone shrugs their shoulders and gets on with collecting and paying bills, and there's no political fallout from it. With an uncapped GRL you'd actually be bill-locking nations and running them to deletion, [b]including the people who were nuking[/b], so there'd be a direct personal incentive not to let things get that bad. But even with an increased cap (10 maybe?) you'd be doing enough damage to the economies of uninvolved alliances that it could have political effects.
[/quote]

Yes please uncap the GRL. Wars become more destructive, and less wars will break out. ;)