STA announcement

pezstar

[quote name='Swanfield' timestamp='1282036252' post='2419323']
STA peacing out with Merrie Melodies was basically an admission that they were wrong to attack him in the first place so I would say I am correct in stating that we won the moral victory.
[/quote]
You are just delusional and should really just stop talking you are making me give myself brain damage

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='nutkase' timestamp='1282036771' post='2419334']
I saw no admission of guilt, I saw a compromise. The two are not connected.

If they believed they were wrong to of attacked him you would of seen them agreeing to pay reps.
[/quote]

That may be, however if an unaligned nation was threatening to attack a member of STA and they attacked him before he had a chance to do so, they wouldn't have peaced out with that nation if another alliance demanded that they did so yet they did so with Merrie Melodies despite the fact that they claimed he was unaligned and was a "rogue".

Just because the fact that they didn't pay reparations doesn't mean that they weren't wrong. They may not admit to it because they are too proud but the fact stands that they lost the overall moral victory.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1282036827' post='2419336']
\m/ has had a far greater obsession with me, I would like to point out.

I comment on what is in the spotlight, and when you posted a your thread regarding GGA, you put yourself in the spotlight, for this whole situation.

The reasons you list are not the case.

I have been absent for a long time, nearly two years, but it doesn't mean I haven't been watching, and it doesn't mean I haven't had time to think (Rather the opposite, in fact). My past is riddled with errors in judgment. I acknowledge them, and have vowed to not repeat them. The notion that I am not allowed to change my thought patterns over a timescale of years is... Silly, to say the least.

I also don't recall being anywhere near as outspoken towards the STA as you claim I have been. Perhaps my memory has gone. But I recall a great many alliances being far larger targets of my ire.
[/quote]

I said nothing about a lack of capacity to learn or to change one's views over a vast amount of time. You are correct that you have had much time to think. However...

<HeroofTime55> $%&@ that! o/ Tyga
<HeroofTime55> o/ Tyga
<HeroofTime55> and o/ Tyga

...It just...seems as if you're trying [i]very[/i] hard. And therefore, we (by 'we', I mean, anyone thinking as I do about this particular issue) are [i]very[/i] skeptical.
Your views may have changed, but your mannerisms do not appear all that different. You can do as you wish, but you are still here, on these little mini-campaigns against whoever you don't happen to like at a given point in time.

I suppose, what I am saying is...you are kind of annoying. Amusing. But annoying. A sort of Rebel Virginia, but without the epic sense of justice and wit that makes it worth looking at. What you do with that information is up to you.

Edited by Lezrahi

[quote name='Caliph' timestamp='1282036636' post='2419330']
We were not counterred, we were agressively attacked by STA because they received incorrect information.
That situation has been rectified.
[/quote]

Diplomatically, your goals were blown away. See below.

As well, given what STA were told and the information they had available, I'd say they were fully justified in attacking MM.

[quote name='Swanfield' timestamp='1282036744' post='2419332']
I refer you to Caliph, our triumvirate. Our aim was to achieve peace for all involved and we started with a higher demands to be able to meet the level of terms we desired.

Back to you.
[/quote]

No, your aim was to achieve reparations for the action against MM and maybe try to regain some of the tremendous amount of PR ground you had lost.

Also, I happen to be an extremely good analyser, and I can tell you, when I surveyed those logs on STA's forums, you guys were practically pissing yourselves when MK folks started talking.

[quote name='Swanfield' timestamp='1282037150' post='2419342']
That may be, however if an unaligned nation was threatening to attack a member of STA and they attacked him before he had a chance to do so, they wouldn't have peaced out with that nation if another alliance demanded that they did so yet they did so with Merrie Melodies despite the fact that they claimed he was unaligned and was a "rogue".

Just because the fact that they didn't pay reparations doesn't mean that they weren't wrong. They may not admit to it because they are too proud but the fact stands that they lost the overall moral victory.
[/quote]

I really can't grasp the concept of this...STA decided that they were going to do something about \m/ declaring soverignty over GGA. \m/ dropped that claim. MM claimed to STA that he was going to nuke one of their members. The MoFA of \m/ said MM had informed him that he was going to go rogue on STA and that he left the alliance. MM gets donkey punched into anarchy by STA.

\m/ tries to play the tough guy with PC's backing. Pez brings bigger guns to the fight. \m/ pretty much folds their tent and walks away.

And I honestly never though I'd see the day an \m/ember tries to claim moral victories.

[quote name='Vol Navy' timestamp='1282037547' post='2419347']
I really can't grasp the concept of this...STA decided that they were going to do something about \m/ declaring soverignty over GGA. \m/ dropped that claim. MM claimed to STA that he was going to nuke one of their members. The MoFA of \m/ said MM had informed him that he was going to go rogue on STA and that he left the alliance. MM gets donkey punched into anarchy by STA.

\m/ tries to play the tough guy with PC's backing. Pez brings bigger guns to the fight. \m/ pretty much folds their tent and walks away.

And I honestly never though I'd see the day an \m/ember tries to claim moral victories.
[/quote]

Pretty much stole the words right out of my mouth :P

[/quote]

You are twisting the scenario in your own words, Merrie Melodies said he was thinking of going rogue on STA and STA jumped the gun before he made up his mind. The MoFA's actions were overruled by Emperor Marx thus making the point moot. STA illegally attacked Merrie Melodies even before they officially got "permission" to do so by our MoFA which again, was overruled.

We knew whom STA's allies were beforehand we started the negotiations and it wouldn't have changed a thing if they weren't present in the room.

[quote name='Swanfield' timestamp='1282038079' post='2419354']
You are twisting the scenario in your own words, Merrie Melodies said he was thinking of going rogue on STA and STA jumped the gun before he made up his mind. The MoFA's actions were overruled by Emperor Marx thus making the point moot. STA illegally attacked Merrie Melodies even before they officially got "permission" to do so by our MoFA which again, was overruled.

We knew whom STA's allies were beforehand we started the negotiations and it wouldn't have changed a thing if they weren't present in the room.
[/quote]
I have a vrey serious question for you and please answer honestly.

Do You Like Circles?

[/quote]
\m/ acted the same throughout the talks. So did Pez, and most everyone else. We got our goal, which was to get MM peace. We would have preffered reps but as with diplomacy you work on a deal that all sides can agree with.

[quote name='Hadrian' timestamp='1282037528' post='2419346']
Diplomatically, your goals were blown away. See below.

As well, given what STA were told and the information they had available, I'd say they were fully justified in attacking MM.

No, your aim was to achieve reparations for the action against MM and maybe try to regain some of the tremendous amount of PR ground you had lost.

Also, I happen to be an extremely good analyser, and I can tell you, when I surveyed those logs on STA's forums, you guys were practically pissing yourselves when MK folks started talking.
[/quote]
No, diplomatically our goals were realized when STA agreed to peace out with MM.
We were not pisssing ourselves, we started negotiating high, and we ended up achieving what we came there to achieve.

[quote name='Boomhower' timestamp='1282038242' post='2419358']
I have a vrey serious question for you and please answer honestly.

Do You Like Circles?
[/quote]
No but I like nukes. Do you?

Edited by Swanfield

[quote name='Lezrahi' timestamp='1282037454' post='2419344']
I said nothing about a lack of capacity to learn or to change one's views over a vast amount of time. You are correct that you have had much time to think. However...

<HeroofTime55> o/ Tyga

...It just...seems as if you're trying [i]very[/i] hard. And therefore, we (by 'we', I mean, anyone thinking as I do about this particular issue) are [i]very[/i] skeptical.
Your views may have changed, but your mannerisms do not appear all that different. You can do as you wish, but you are still here, on these little mini-campaigns against whoever you don't happen to like at a given point in time.

I suppose, what I am saying is...you are kind of annoying. Amusing. But annoying. A sort of Rebel Virginia, but without the epic sense of justice and wit that makes it worth looking at. What you do with that information is up to you.
[/quote]Oh right, let's take tiny snippets of logs waaaay out of context and pretend they're something they're not (ie, crazed obsession over Tyga rather than a playful joke in response to something he said)

Which incidentally, I had a chat with Tyga the other day, it was quite pleasant, and I'd say we are on friendly terms. That must totally mean it's all an act because of my new found position in the world :o

Here's a hint, if I was at all concerned with putting up any sort of act to get comfy with people just because they are in power, I wouldn't tell as many alliances to shove off as I do. I genuinely have a deep respect for STA. It might be hard for you to accept that, but it is what it is.

[quote name='Boomhower' timestamp='1282038555' post='2419366']
Oh well I was just wondering if that could explain your continued talking in circles but I guess not oh well
[/quote]

Ridiculous, I'm one of the very few in this topic using any amount of sense and facts in their posts.

[/quote]

If someone came to me and told me they are going to nuke me, I would take it very serious. Secondly STA did nothing wrong in their actions in talking to \m/ government, if anything it was \m/ failure as he was in no position to make a decision, something STA would of not known in any capacity. You're MoFA said he was no longer a member which in turn makes STA not need permission to attack him in sense even though he was still on you're AA since you're government effectively made him a ghost.

Their presents in that room changed a lot of peoples attitudes especially that of people speaking on your behalf.

In the end, STA did nothing illegal. They received a threat, they asked if he was a member, was told no by a government member and then moved to eliminate a threat.

[/quote]

I am sorry, but anyone who reads the logs will see that it changed things signifigantly when the MK gov showed up on the scene.

MM threatened STA. \m/ MoFA was approached and it would see that MM told him of his plan to attack STA and that he was leaving \m/ to do so. It doesn't really work that well for Marx to come in after the attacks are in progress and overrule what CSM had already said.

Not to mention that it's absolutely nonsensical to have to wonder if the MoFA of an alliance is even worth approaching over a diplomatic affair. As of tonight no \m/ gov member that isn't a Trium can be trusted to have any authority.

All in all I've not often saw one alliance take another to school like STA did \m/ tonight. \m/ gave in to STA on GGA and let one of it's members get anarchied by STA with no retaliation at all.

[quote name='nutkase' timestamp='1282038710' post='2419369']
If someone came to me and told me they are going to nuke me, I would take it very serious. Secondly STA did nothing wrong in their actions in talking to \m/ government, if anything it was \m/ failure as he was in no position to make a decision, something STA would of not known in any capacity. You're MoFA said he was no longer a member which in turn makes STA not need permission to attack him in sense even though he was still on you're AA since you're government effectively made him a ghost.

Their presents in that room changed a lot of peoples attitudes especially that of people speaking on your behalf.

In the end, STA did nothing illegal. They received a threat, they asked if he was a member, was told no by a government member and then moved to eliminate a threat.
[/quote]

[quote name='Vol Navy' timestamp='1282038726' post='2419370']
I am sorry, but anyone who reads the logs will see that it changed things signifigantly when the MK gov showed up on the scene.

MM threatened STA. \m/ MoFA was approached and it would see that MM told him of his plan to attack STA and that he was leaving \m/ to do so. It doesn't really work that well for Marx to come in after the attacks are in progress and overrule what CSM had already said.

Not to mention that it's absolutely nonsensical to have to wonder if the MoFA of an alliance is even worth approaching over a diplomatic affair. As of tonight no \m/ gov member that isn't a Trium can be trusted to have any authority.

All in all I've not often saw one alliance take another to school like STA did \m/ tonight. \m/ gave in to STA on GGA and let one of it's members get anarchied by STA with no retaliation at all.
[/quote]

You're forgetting one key thing, STA attacked Merrie Melodies before Chief Savage Man confirmed that he had left our alliance.

That's very key into defining whether their unjust attacks upon Merrie Melodies were illegal or not.

Edited by Swanfield

[quote name='Swanfield' timestamp='1282038931' post='2419375']
You're forgetting one key thing, STA attacked Merrie Melodies before Chief Savage Man confirmed that he had left our alliance.

That's very key into defining whether their unjust attacks upon Merrie Melodies were illegal or not.
[/quote]

If this is true, then is is very worrisome, But I would wait till I find out Pezstar's timezone before further commenting

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1282038551' post='2419365']
Oh right, let's take tiny snippets of logs waaaay out of context and pretend they're something they're not (ie, crazed obsession over Tyga rather than a playful joke in response to something he said)

Which incidentally, I had a chat with Tyga the other day, it was quite pleasant, and I'd say we are on friendly terms. That must totally mean it's all an act because of my new found position in the world :o

Here's a hint, if I was at all concerned with putting up any sort of act to get comfy with people just because they are in power, I wouldn't tell as many alliances to shove off as I do. I genuinely have a deep respect for STA. It might be hard for you to accept that, but it is what it is.
[/quote]

<HeroofTime55> One last o/ STA here at 5 AM
<Deuterium_Dawn[Polaris]> (we get it)
<Hurricane> no
<HeroofTime55> and o/ Tyga now that he's on
<Hurricane> no hailing STA for pre-empting.
<Hurricane> Now, I'll hail them for taunting \m/
<HeroofTime55> lol hurricane
<Hurricane> and that's quite funny
* Skippy|TIO [Hostmask removed]
<Hurricane> but pre-empting is !@#$ and you guys should know better
<HeroofTime55> It's not
<Deuterium_Dawn[Polaris]> Preempting is only !@#$ if you lose
* Eranos rolled his eyes
<Caliph> ^
<Eranos> hot you were STA's biggest troll back in the day lol
<Caliph> unfortunately that is the nature of politics
<Caliph> its only "bad" if you lose
<Caliph> otherwise everyone on your "side" will hail the !@#$ out of you for it
<Hurricane> MM is very competent in war, so I'd have expected him to destroy them both
[b]<HeroofTime55> <Eranos> hot you were STA's biggest troll back in the day lol << A very, very long time ago, when I was young and not as informed[/b]
<~Tygaland> no one can hail the !@#$ out of me, the large stick up my arse makes me constipated...
<Hurricane> but, I digress
<HeroofTime55> I have apologized for my past
<Deuterium_Dawn[Polaris]> lol
<Hurricane> the large stick up your arse needs to be removed
<HeroofTime55> o/ Tyga

Speaking in terms of context, I don't see much of a difference, whether it is a snippet or something more full. Either way, it appears that you are, as they say, sucking up.

The [b]bolded[/b] indicates that your claim to a lack of memory regarding your previous feelings toward Siberia was not truthful. I am not entirely sure as to exactly why you would feel the need to hide that if your goal here is to present yourself as someone whose past differs from his present. Such does not entail revising the history. But, I suppose you likely have your reasoning.

Aside from all of that, I repeat that I am [i]skeptical[/i] of your feelings (more so now than before). I acknowledge their ambiguity either way, though the signs do not point in your favour.

Edited by Lezrahi

[quote name='Swanfield' timestamp='1282038931' post='2419375']

[/quote]
No we did not we were told that he left[b] then [/b]I was ordered to declare on him get your facts straight. Thank you come again

Pretty hilarious 'protection' announcement here. People literally cannot wait to completely mong out with "o\m/g backpeddling!!!" because of this announcement? Really?

This announcement offered literally no protection at all, in fact, if you believed \m/'s attacktorate to be a genuine announcement like STA clearly did, it has simply opened the GGA affiliation up to way more attacks than they could have suffered before. The idea that this is protection is a joke. The idea that this was honourable is hilarious.

Congratulations to STA for opening GGA up to a much larger number of attacks with this protectorate ^_^

Edited by Poyplemonkeys

[quote name='Boomhower' timestamp='1282039515' post='2419380']
No we did not we were told that he left[b] then [/b]I was ordered to declare on him get your facts straight. Thank you come again
[/quote]

I suggest you read the logs again, carefully then. Either way, looks like you were misled.

Edited by Swanfield