Ragnarok Declaration of War

[quote name='GoldenAura' timestamp='1281388957' post='2408364']
And here we go again. See the problem with this place is that people who have a clue would realize that just because you have a protectorate, doesn't mean you should use them as your tool whenever someone doesn't decide to change your diaper. As such, I imagine the NSO woulda had a better understanding if the "victims" would have came forward themselves and tried to work out a deal. But once again, lets cry because "We can't stop the lone rogue, please help us!" Well, now your involved in something that has your protectors in something you prolly wanted to avoid. Gratz, I'm sure some in ROK are angry at you for not having stones.
[/quote]

They're our protectorate for a reason. No disrespect to TENE intended, but RoK's Ruling Council has a good deal more experience in dealing with situations like this one. I'd prefer that they come to us before approaching another alliance. If anything, we'd be available for mediation.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1281389314' post='2408375']

You're also making threats that do not parallel the situation between RoK and NSO, just so you're aware.[/quote]

according to who? seemed pretty accurate, exept for the fact that NSO talked directly to Hoo, and then proceded to give RoK a slap in the face by doing THE ONE THING that could of made this into a war... aided and protected the rogue while fair and completely justified retribution was seeked...

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1281389314' post='2408375']The implication you made is that NSO was preparing for a war that they wanted. That is absurd, and proven untrue by the fact that they called off their allies. Why on earth do you think that NSO just woke up one day and decided that they wanted to get rolled?[/quote]

No, the implication I'm making is that maybe Rok didn't pursue additional negotiations based on the actions of NSO. I don't think NSO wanted this war at all, however I think they tried to get out of it in a completely incompetent way.

Now ignore that and tell me what I'm [i]really[/i] thinking, just like I know you will.

e- and you still haven't answered my original question, or even addressed it at all, why is that?

Edited by Viking

[quote name='TIEIXIAIS' timestamp='1281348666' post='2407262']
The escalation of it by RoK was highly unnecessary. Lets be 'frank' NSO and it's allies have absolutely no chance in defeating your 'karma' bloc. Why would they want a war with you? RoK could have very easily continued talks with NSO and had the issue resolved in a matter of days. It was a poor show and CB on RoK'S part. I understand your unwavering will to defend it though. Nothing wrong with being stubborn, tends to happen when your leaders make a Ad Hoc Decision.
[/quote]

Lets you and I be blunt, Im not interested in the other cackling hounds to be honest its amusing but Im done with the lulz, i got my fill yesterday. The escelation to war was a choice we made, similar to the one NSO made by aiding the rogue. Our escelation has more severe consequences long term but in the end the intial act that led us to be in a position to have to make that call was controlled by the Sith. The logs are clear, we told them it would be an act of war, they did it anyway and its a black and white slam dunk CB. I repeat if someone tells you aiding a rogue of your protectorate would be considered an act of war, and you do it anyway, its on you.

NSO made a judgement call, perhaps they thought we were bluffing, well they handed us a fantastic CB. Now if they screwed up, I understand perfection is a concept very few attain. The CB is crystal clear and no amount of spin is going to change that, they had a choice, the logs are clear, heft knew what the deal was and how we would view thier action.

So here we are, had they not aided the rogue we wouldnt be here and you and I wouldnt be able to have this lovely frank chat.

Edited by Thorgrum

[quote name='Bob Janova' timestamp='1281368916' post='2407638']
There are declarations from the rogue onto TENE. There are none from TENE on him. (A matter of public record, so no extra 'proof' is needed.) Thus, aggressive war. It doesn't matter if he started those wars for what he perceived to be a good reason, he still started them, and unless it was MHA sanctioned (I don't think so!) that makes him a genuine rogue (attacking outside the rules of his alliance) for the first war, and an unaligned nation attacking an alliance (also commonly termed 'rogue') for the second.
[/quote]
Actually, it does matter. At the time he was claiming he was retaliating for ingame spy action against his nation. Read the logs, please.

[quote name='Phetion' timestamp='1281380685' post='2408053']
Van Hoo is the de facto leader of SuperFriends? I thought it was Penkala, or something <_<
[/quote]
Only in Penky's mind.

[quote name='Van Hoo III' timestamp='1281380746' post='2408054']
Obviously, he did not like the options presented nor did he want to discuss peace for his nation, even though I also did state that I was all ears.
[/quote]
[22:09] <Heft> Regardless, Heggo had clearly stated that we were considering him under our protection
[22:10] <VanHooIII[RoK]> And we clearly stated that we don't care

That's a funny way of saying that you're all ears.

[quote name='Viking' timestamp='1281384219' post='2408174']
You know, after reading all these threads, I think it would be better for the side I'm sitting on to simply start aiding all rogues that hit the opposite side, because aiding a rogue no longer seems to be taboo.
[/quote]
It works just fine for Kronos.

[quote name='Viking' timestamp='1281389772' post='2408395']
No, the implication I'm making is that maybe Rok didn't pursue additional negotiations based on the actions of NSO. I don't think NSO wanted this war at all, however I think they tried to get out of it in a completely incompetent way.

Now ignore that and tell me what I'm [i]really[/i] thinking, just like I know you will.

e- and you still haven't answered my original question, or even addressed it at all, why is that?
[/quote]Except RoK didn't need to seek negotiations, because NSO was doing that. RoK only had to merely accept to enter negotiations. But they couldn't. They wouldn't. They didn't want to. Because that might get in the way of smacking around NPO's side of the web.

And what was your original question? I apologize but I haven't the time to dig it up. It might have been something I've already answered, or maybe it was a weighted question. I try to answer all reasonable questions.

[quote name='Viking' timestamp='1281384219' post='2408174']
You know, after reading all these threads, I think it would be better for the side I'm sitting on to simply start aiding all rogues that hit the opposite side, because aiding a rogue no longer seems to be taboo.

Hopefully someone in leadership will consider it.
[/quote]

If I had any open aid slots I'd be down for this.

I hope somebody is keeping a list, we can organize aid drops to rogues after the war.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1281391458' post='2408434']
Except RoK didn't need to seek negotiations, because NSO was doing that. RoK only had to merely accept to enter negotiations. But they couldn't. They wouldn't. They didn't want to. Because that might get in the way of smacking around NPO's side of the web.

And what was your original question? I apologize but I haven't the time to dig it up. It might have been something I've already answered, or maybe it was a weighted question. I try to answer all reasonable questions.
[/quote]

Again with the NPO conspiracies... are you thick? NOONE CARES ABOUT THE NPO EXEPT THE NPO... that goes for anywhere, at anytime...

Edited by Deathistan

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1281391458' post='2408434']
Except RoK didn't need to seek negotiations, because NSO was doing that. RoK only had to merely accept to enter negotiations. But they couldn't. They wouldn't. They didn't want to. Because that might get in the way of smacking around NPO's side of the web.

[/quote]

ugh, seriously?

well if anything at least I got a laugh out of this

[quote name='TypoNinja' timestamp='1281391512' post='2408437']
If I had any open aid slots I'd be down for this.

I hope somebody is keeping a list, we can organize aid drops to rogues after the war.
[/quote]I'd expect it from GOD and \m/, but not VE. You are better than this.

[quote name='Folkvar Forkbeard' timestamp='1281392031' post='2408448']
Hows the war going ROKker's?

Kick their !@#$@#$ teeth in!

o/ ROK
[/quote]

For siths they just dont have that much passion and agression about them... they should really stop calling themselves siths...

[quote name='Deathistan' timestamp='1281392134' post='2408454']
For siths they just dont have that much passion and agression about them... they should really stop calling themselves siths...
[/quote]

They fight like sissies, eh?

Well they don't deserve their Tech and Mil then...

Get some :awesome:

[quote name='Deezznutts' timestamp='1281394205' post='2408509']
[font="Arial Black"]Haha that kid is funny. You guys attack mostly the weak lower level NSO nations like myself then talk big like you did something difficult your a joke![/font]
[/quote]

Look who is commenting on people talking big, everyone!

[quote name='Deezznutts' timestamp='1281394205' post='2408509']
[font="Arial Black"]Haha that kid is funny. You guys attack mostly the weak lower level NSO nations like myself then talk big like you did something difficult your a joke![/font]
[/quote]

Be clearer... who were directing this masterful piece, straight from the mind of Einstein at? if it was directed at me for my lack of aggression/passion statement well then, what should a real sith be? and make it good, its seriously missing funny stuff lately...

((OOC: im serious, make it good, talking to someone whose been rping THE Dark Lady Of The Sith for the last 4 years in a place as Massive as CN))

Edit: And I just wasted my 200th post on you... *sigh*

Edited by Deathistan

[quote name='Deezznutts' timestamp='1281394763' post='2408530']
[font="Arial Black"]Do you have anything to offer beside hanging on my every word and quoting me like my your all mighty god?[/font]
[/quote]

[font="Arial Black"]I am not sure what you are getting at fine sir. Nobody here is a mighty god, certainly not you. That said if you're lucky you'll get a chance at going to peace mode before too long so you can continue taking after your counterpart in talking tough behind the shield, Fernando. Because right now you only have it half way down.[/font]

Edited by Emperor Marx