Ragnarok Declaration of War

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1281323119' post='2406194']You lot make me laugh. That's all this thread is. Goading NPO and denials of goading NPO. Really? It must sting to not get the prize you were after. Something about the flavor of tears.
[/quote]
A bit paranoid maybe?

The only reason this thread has devolved to that is because it's the only thing being thrown around in defense of NSO's indefensible actions. It's actually rather pathetic.

Edited by Wilhelm the Demented

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1281323119' post='2406194']
Oh come now, don't claim this is about a trivial NSO issue and then so blatantly try to goad the NPO into war.

You lot make me laugh. That's all this thread is. Goading NPO and denials of goading NPO. Really? It must sting to not get the prize you were after. Something about the flavor of tears.
[/quote]
Goad the NPO into war? As if they would fight just because of a few of my posts. We're simply telling them how a MDP works. However, as Mr Silentkiller points out, they will not be entering into this war because the NSO requested that they don't. It is quite clear that the NPO are not going to enter into this war.

It makes your little rant about this being a plot to set up the NPO all the more ridiculous, because there is clear that nothing short of a direct attack on the NPO will cause a war.

[quote name='Yankees Empire' timestamp='1281323340' post='2406210']
Very valid. End of conversation, amirite?
[/quote]

Between you and me I guess. But I give this thread another 20-30 pages :v

[quote]Goad the NPO into war? As if they would fight just because of a few of my posts. We're simply telling them how a MDP works. However, as Mr Silentkiller points out, they will not be entering into this war because the [b]NSO requested that they don't[/b]. It is quite clear that the NPO are not going to enter into this war.

It makes your little rant about this being a plot to set up the NPO all the more ridiculous, because there is clear that nothing short of a [b]direct attack on the NPO will cause a war[/b].[/quote]

Answer is there in your post. I pray you are able to find it for the sake of everyone.

Edited by silentkiller

[quote name='TheNeverender' timestamp='1281323845' post='2406238']
Couldn't it have just been that people wanted to destroy NSO, Pacific and IRON be damned? :v:
[/quote]

That's exactly what I'm saying. If you guys hate us this bad, just say so in your CB. Don't hide behind some stupid !@#$ like "OOH HEFT GAVE THIS ROGUE 6MIL".

[quote name='Jrenster' timestamp='1281323915' post='2406242']
Don't hide behind some stupid !@#$ like "OOH HEFT GAVE THIS ROGUE 6MIL".
[/quote]

Dont forget the rogue is at war with RoK's protectorate. Also add on that Hoo said any aid to the rogue would be considered an act of war. How come you dont see a problem in this situation?

Edited by King Death II

[quote name='silentkiller' timestamp='1281323506' post='2406225']
Answer is there in your post. I pray you are able to find it for the sake of everyone.
[/quote]
I found it because i put it there! But, all the same, I'm glad you read my post and agreed with my point~

The NSO requested you don't fight so you wont end up getting curbstomped. This is predicitable, and shows that it's stupid to think that RoK were 'setting up' the NPO via a DoW on the NSO. HoT's arguement is, therefore, flawed.

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1281324102' post='2406254']
I found it because i put it there! But, all the same, I'm glad you read my post and agreed with my point~

The NSO requested you don't fight so you wont end up getting curbstomped. This is predicitable, and shows that it's stupid to think that RoK were 'setting up' the NPO via a DoW on the NSO. HoT's arguement is, therefore, flawed.
[/quote]

Ah ok. Misunderstood what you meant by that. As for the conspiracy theories ugh.

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1281324102' post='2406254']
The NSO requested you don't fight so you wont end up getting curbstomped. This is predicitable, and shows that it's stupid to think that RoK were 'setting up' the NPO via a DoW on the NSO. [/quote]

Huh? If memory serves me correct, isn't that similar to how the last dance started? Dumb stuff will happen, intentional or not.

Edited by Kahnite

[quote name='Kahnite' timestamp='1281324376' post='2406266']
Huh? If memory serves me correct, isn't that similar to how the last dance started? Dumb stuff will happen, intentional or not.
[/quote]

We have been involved in two wars now where certain alliances claimed we were after "bigger fish" ... in both cases, they are incorrect.

We care about who we are attacking and no one else. Last time, when we hit TPF, we expected a response but didn't care either way. This time, as we hit NSO, we didn't expect a response ... and still don't care either way.

[quote name='Deezznutts' timestamp='1281322668' post='2406164']
[font="Arial Black"]You guys are just a bunch of cowards who are attacking the smaller NSO nations! I have 774 infra like my nation is a threat to you tools. I love how everybody is commenting like rok is doing something noble or right hahaha this is a joke![/font]
[/quote]

who are you again? I do know one thing you aren't a member of Valhalla.

as I stated in other threads, the honor is there, i wish you the best of luck in solving this one way or another, preferably peace will prevail and a new try will be made

Here's my personal opinion:

It takes two to tango. This could have been handled a bit more responsibly by both parties. Yes, RoK approached NSO with a legitimate issue, and NSO failed to consider it to be a legitimate issue. I can agree that as far as the skirmish itself goes, NSO is at fault by aiding the rogue knowing full well that RoK considered it to be an act of war. However, I also believe that considering that to be an act of war in the first place is also a bit childish. And so is this DoW. And while we can sit here and argue that NSO started this war by aiding the rogue, let us not forget that this didn't become a war until this DoW was posted. And it wasn't NSO that posted it.

Let us also not forget that when we go to war, it's because alliance leaders have called upon their members to sacrifice months (even years) of work in building their nations. I would hope that such sacrifices would be made only for good reasons. I see no reason why this couldn't have been settled without a DoW. Sometimes it's best to just.... let it go. I know I know, for that to happen it would take a bit of [i]maturity[/i] and just a pinch more of valuing your nations a bit more than that.

So some rogue is in a war with one of your nations. It's much cheaper to just let it slide and build the nation back up again, than it is to call in the cavalry. What we have here is a war of principle. So what's to stop this from happening again and again? Well, if it were to happen again, then yes, I'd say a DoW is warranted. But at least give it a chance. That way, you can actually tell your members that there wasn't one more thing that you could have done to prevent this. Regardless of who wins, everyone will be losing infra. Over what? Over [i]this[/i]? When I was in the NPO-GPA war, I fought against GPA. But trust me, it's nothing to brag about. Know why? Because it was a stupid war.

Officially, however, BCOM will stand with its allies should this escalate any further, admin help us all.

[quote name='PotFace' timestamp='1281325540' post='2406308']

It takes two to tango. This could have been handled a bit more responsibly by both parties. Yes, RoK approached NSO with a legitimate issue, and NSO failed to consider it to be a legitimate issue. I can agree that as far as the skirmish itself goes, NSO is at fault by aiding the rogue knowing full well that RoK considered it to be an act of war. However, I also believe that considering that to be an act of war in the first place is also a bit childish. And so is this DoW. And while we can sit here and argue that NSO started this war by aiding the rogue, let us not forget that this didn't become a war until this DoW was posted. And it wasn't NSO that posted it.

Let us also not forget that when we go to war, it's because alliance leaders have called upon their members to sacrifice months (even years) of work in building their nations. I would hope that such sacrifices would be made only for good reasons. I see no reason why this couldn't have been settled without a DoW. Sometimes it's best to just.... let it go. I know I know, for that to happen it would take a bit of [i]maturity[/i] and just a pinch more of valuing your nations a bit more than that.

So some rogue is in a war with one of your nations. It's much cheaper to just let it slide and build the nation back up again, than it is to call in the cavalry. What we have here is a war of principle. So what's to stop this from happening again and again? Well, if it were to happen again, then yes, I'd say a DoW is warranted. But at least give it a chance. That way, you can actually tell your members that there wasn't one more thing that you could have done to prevent this. Regardless of who wins, everyone will be losing infra. Over what? Over [i]this[/i]? When I was in the NPO-GPA war, I fought against GPA. But trust me, it's nothing to brag about. Know why? Because it was a stupid war.

Officially, however, BCOM will stand with its allies should this escalate any further, admin help us all.
[/quote]

Good points, but what you are missing is that the 'reason' isn't really the reason. If they didn't declare on NSO here, they would have declared on some other treaty partner elsewhere over some other inane reason. The motivation was to start a large scale war to attack NPO and allies. The trivial 'reason' they picked for this is really....inconsequential.

It's all about beating up the competition.

Someone else will be next. (Or hell...even this coalition again if Rok and crew don't get what they wanted..a war with NPO).

Edited by Daeryon

[quote]

Let us also not forget that when we go to war, it's because alliance leaders have called upon their members to sacrifice months (even years) of work in building their nations. I would hope that such sacrifices would be made only for good reasons. I see no reason why this couldn't have been settled without a DoW. Sometimes it's best to just.... let it go. I know I know, for that to happen it would take a bit of maturity and just a pinch more of valuing your nations a bit more than that.

So some rogue is in a war with one of your nations. It's much cheaper to just let it slide and build the nation back up again, than it is to call in the cavalry. What we have here is a war of principle. So what's to stop this from happening again and again? Well, if it were to happen again, then yes, I'd say a DoW is warranted. But at least give it a chance. That way, you can actually tell your members that there wasn't one more thing that you could have done to prevent this. Regardless of who wins, everyone will be losing infra. Over what? Over this? When I was in the NPO-GPA war, I fought against GPA. But trust me, it's nothing to brag about. Know why? Because it was a stupid war.

[/quote]

Very well said sir, not having ties on either side gives me an objective view and to me it seems that Immaturity/Boredom was the entire reason for this war. Completely unnecessary if either side had taken a little time to sort things out.

Attacking an alliance so much smaller than yours for such a ridiculous reason, well I guess boys will be boys.

[quote name='Deezznutts' timestamp='1281322668' post='2406164']
[font="Arial Black"]You guys are just a bunch of cowards who are attacking the smaller NSO nations! I have 774 infra like my nation is a threat to you tools. I love how everybody is commenting like rok is doing something noble or right hahaha this is a joke![/font]
[/quote]

[IMG]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a388/Adelheid130/lol.jpg[/IMG]

and we're the cowards?

[quote name='lazaraus45' timestamp='1281328812' post='2406443']
[IMG]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a388/Adelheid130/lol.jpg[/IMG]

and we're the cowards?
[/quote]

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand

win.

Sky rockets in flight

[quote name='Van Hoo III' timestamp='1281324690' post='2406274']
We have been involved in two wars now where certain alliances claimed we were after "bigger fish" ... in both cases, they are incorrect.

We care about who we are attacking and no one else. Last time, when we hit TPF, we expected a response but didn't care either way. This time, as we hit NSO, we didn't expect a response ... and still don't care either way.
[/quote]
My Emperor, your simplicity is confusing. How can we be doing what we said we would do, without disguising our intents in a vague riddle written in a code based on an imaginary language?

Honestly - Hoo's a rather straight forward guy. It baffles me that after all this time people still think he isn't doing, or going to do, exactly what he says he will do.

No Pity! No Remorse! No Fear!