R&R + FOK

juslen

This thread reminds me of [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=65526"]this other thread.[/url]

Kinda funny to note the different reactions.

Congratulations on never having been forced to cancel your treaty by surrender terms, though. Kinda sucks.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats!

The longevity of this treaty is admirable.

Also admirable are the kind words from so many fellow orange alliances.

This is a great day for all of orange, I say.

Note: I'm not on orange, but rather randomly commenting. :)

[quote name='Mixoux' timestamp='1281051751' post='2402135']
What's also great is that at the time, this was both alliances' only MDP (unless I'm mistaken about FOK - they could correct me if I'm wrong). Definitely a good choice in the long run.
[/quote]

Yeah, at the time it was. :)

[quote name='Farnsworth' timestamp='1281051624' post='2402128']
Congrats!

The longevity of this treaty is admirable.

Also admirable are the kind words from so many fellow orange alliances.

This is a great day for all of orange, I say.

Note: I'm not on orange, but rather randomly commenting. :)
[/quote]

I have to agree, and thank our fellow oranges for the kind words. Personally I think Orange Unity may have broken down, but personal friendships made over that period don't disappear so quickly even though the alliances may not see eye to eye anymore :)

[quote name='MikeTheFirst' timestamp='1281084888' post='2402567']
Yeah, at the time it was. :)
[/quote]

Lol, kinda hard to believe if you see the massive amounts of treatie the 2 of us combined have now (even after some cleaning up over the past half year or so).

[quote name='Gofastleft' timestamp='1281043533' post='2402003']
LOL I remember the first time we came across the crazy dutch on IRC, I fell in love immediately. Who couldn't love Site and Mike. The most amazing thing is this treaty survived the people R&R had to deal with in FOK like ShawnNL, MikeTheFirst, Freek, IKMark, MRCyber,Avenger and of course Tromp. It is no wonder my hair is almost all Grey now. :lol1:

To be serious, the longevity of this treaty is a direct result of mutual respect. Make no mistake that there were times these 2 alliances did not agree and wondered what the hell the other was doing. Even in disagreement we were always able to discuss things very frank and honestly without having it turn into name calling or insults. That my friends is how 2 groups stay together so long, love and respect.

:wub: FOK
[/quote]

"It is no wonder my hair is almost all Grey now"

LOL

Stop by IRC sometimes and we can talk about your R&R days, I bet I could turn the rest gray soon enough :P