There are too many alliances and some of you should disband.

Corinan

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1280540417' post='2395585']
you stating "Again with Karma" would work better if not for Sparta having dropped treaties for things their allies did months or years passed to avoid being curbstomped. It would also work better if you and your allies stopped with lines like "NPO did worse".
[/quote]

We cancelled on TPF because they were douche bags. We cancelled on NPO because they were douche bags who also happened to have attacked one of our closest allies. What is so hard to understand that it keeps coming up two years later?

edit: Also, NSO. I hate you. Disband.

Edited by Hyperion321

• Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Hyperion321' timestamp='1280542868' post='2395599']
We cancelled on TPF because they were douche bags. We cancelled on NPO because they were douche bags who also happened to have attacked one of our closest allies. What is so hard to understand that it keeps coming up two years later?

[/quote]
I did not know you were allied to Ordo Verde.

[/quote]

Being allied to an alliance of so called "douche bags" for so long must reflect horribly upon Sparta's character as an alliance than it does the alliance you are calling douche bags. I guarantee NSO won't whine about that statement as much as your King has been whining about Corinan's statements.

Edited by Voodoo Nova

[/quote]

I am not sure you're following, but your government (or former government, no one really cares) already admited somewhere else that Sparta had been planning and effectively backstabbing their allies in Continuum for months prior to Karma.

I am also pretty sure you can understand that the fact you cancelled on NPO and then declared war on them when you held two MDoAP level treaties with them 5 days before shows a distinct lack of character and a high level of oportunism.

Lastly, and considering it's only 10 days over a year gone that NPO received their peace terms, I think you might want to purchase a calendar to help you keep up with CN dates ;)

[quote name='Lusitan' timestamp='1280544262' post='2395622']
I am not sure you're following, but your government (or former government, no one really cares) already admited somewhere else that Sparta had been planning and effectively backstabbing their allies in Continuum for months prior to Karma.

I am also pretty sure you can understand that the fact you cancelled on NPO and then declared war on them when you held two MDoAP level treaties with them 5 days before shows a distinct lack of character and a high level of oportunism.

Lastly, and considering it's only 10 days over a year gone that NPO received their peace terms, I think you might want to purchase a calendar to help you keep up with CN dates ;)
[/quote]

They write their own history.

Yes. We frequently deny the Karma war and events prior ever happened.

Everyone has their own interpretations of history, doesn't mean they are different events. Further, since our former government is just that, former, they don't exactly speak for us anymore. Apart from those, very minor, discrepancies. We ARE basically revisionist historians. <_<

[/quote]

okay, so you guys thought they were douche bags. It amazes me that it was this all of a sudden realization that both were douche bags right before they got rolled by other allies of yours. are you seriously trying to state that the sole reason Sparta canceled on NPO and TPF were because they were "douchebags" when ya'll would have known that both alliances were going to be attacked. seriously, you want us to believe that... we are not that stupid mate.

[quote name='Geoffron X' timestamp='1280544002' post='2395617']
I did not know you were allied to Ordo Verde.
[/quote]
GOD was allied to OV via MADP. You attack OV, you attack GOD. You attack GOD, you attack Sparta.

[quote name='Voodoo Nova' timestamp='1280544088' post='2395620']
Being allied to an alliance of so called "douche bags" for so long must reflect horribly upon Sparta's character as an alliance than it does the alliance you are calling douche bags. I guarantee NSO won't whine about that statement as much as your King has been whining about Corinan's statements.
[/quote]
Sticking by an alliance hoping things would get better rather than abandoning them immediately reflects poorly on our character? Sorry, next time we have some issues with an ally we'll drop right away them so you can insult us again for not trying to work our issues out. There's no winning with you people, so we don't even try anymore...and frankly, we don't care anymore either.

[quote name='Lusitan' timestamp='1280544262' post='2395622']
I am not sure you're following, but your government (or former government, no one really cares) already admited somewhere else that Sparta had been planning and effectively backstabbing their allies in Continuum for months prior to Karma.[/quote]
Ah...the GtG quote. The intentionally misinterpreted gift that keeps on giving. We've talked this point to death 100 times (no seriously...we have), so if you want to do it again, hit our gov up on irc so we don't clog the forums...again.

[quote]I am also pretty sure you can understand that the fact you cancelled on NPO and then declared war on them when you held two MDoAP level treaties with them 5 days before shows a distinct lack of character and a high level of oportunism.[/quote]
They attacked some of our closest friends and allies [i]while[/i] holding two MDoAP level treaties with us. You keep forgetting that.

[quote]Lastly, and considering it's only 10 days over a year gone that NPO received their peace terms, I think you might want to purchase a calendar to help you keep up with CN dates ;)
[/quote]
Had that mixed up. My bad.

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1280547194' post='2395663']
okay, so you guys thought they were douche bags. It amazes me that it was this all of a sudden realization that both were douche bags right before they got rolled by other allies of yours. are you seriously trying to state that the sole reason Sparta canceled on NPO and TPF were because they were "douchebags" when ya'll would have known that both alliances were going to be attacked. seriously, you want us to believe that... we are not that stupid mate.
[/quote]
Actually...we didn't know they were going to attacked. They kind of attacked us first and unleashed hell on themselves <_<

[quote name='Hyperion321' timestamp='1280547542' post='2395667']
They attacked some of our closest friends and allies [i]while[/i] holding two MDoAP level treaties with us. You keep forgetting that.
[/quote]

They attacked an ally of an ally of yours. While it does, without doubt require the cancelation of your two treaties for the sheer disrespect of putting you in the position they did, I am pretty sure it doesn't grant the demonstration of lack of class that was to enact the oA clause of your MDoAP with GOD to actually declare war on the people that were supposedly your friends and were now being curbstomped by other 14 alliances.

[quote name='Hyperion321' timestamp='1280547620' post='2395669']
Actually...we didn't know they were going to attacked. They kind of attacked us first and unleashed hell on themselves <_<
[/quote]

A MADP does not automatically equate to "an attack on one is an attack on the other". also, there was coalition building going on prior to the OV incident. Are you seriously telling me that your so-called, "closest allies" did not tell you any of this despite being involved?

Also, you turned around and attacked NPO. regardless of anything they did, you attacked a former ally pretty much once the cancellation clause gave you the chance.

[quote name='Lusitan' timestamp='1280548647' post='2395686']
They attacked an ally of an ally of yours. While it does, without doubt require the cancelation of your two treaties for the sheer disrespect of putting you in the position they did, I am pretty sure it doesn't grant the demonstration of lack of class that was to enact the oA clause of your MDoAP with GOD to actually declare war on the people that were supposedly your friends and were now being curbstomped by other 14 alliances.
[/quote]
At the time, NPO was still the strongest alliance in the game and they were attacking our friends and allies. We weren't going to sit on the sidelines when our friends needed us, even if it was former friends on the other side. We made the decision to protect those whom we were closest with from the people we used to be closest with.

If you don't like that, tough. You can disagree and cry for our downfall all you want but it will not change how Sparta does things. It will not prevent us from doing anything and everything to protect GOD from harm. They once came to our aid in our time of need in the biggest way possible, and we shall forever be returning that favor. I'm sorry, but that's just how it is, and you will not ever shame us for that. We are proud of our decision, and GOD's health and continued friendship reinforces that pride every day.

Corinan, you say we do nothing, yet you all cry foul when we do [i]anything[/i] and [i]everything[/i] for our friends. Pick one, either say we are weak for doing nothing, or traitors for doing something. You can't have both.

[quote name='Unholy' timestamp='1280546569' post='2395646']
Yes. We frequently deny the Karma war and events prior ever happened.

Everyone has their own interpretations of history, doesn't mean they are different events. [b]Further, since our former government is just that, former, they don't exactly speak for us anymore.[/b] Apart from those, very minor, discrepancies. We ARE basically revisionist historians. <_<
[/quote]

This just in, TrotskysRevenge is no longer Emperor of the New Pacific Order, therefore anything NPO may or may not have done during that time is henceforth irrelevant and pointless to bring up. Furthermore, "at least we are not as bad as NPO was/is" is no longer a convenient counter to any missteps or bunglings the new powers that be make since you know, former Emperor and all.

[quote name='Hyperion321' timestamp='1280547542' post='2395667']
GOD was allied to OV via MADP. You attack OV, you attack GOD. You attack GOD, you attack Sparta.

[b]Sticking by an alliance hoping things would get better rather than abandoning them immediately reflects poorly on our character? Sorry, next time we have some issues with an ally we'll drop right away them so you can insult us again for not trying to work our issues out. There's no winning with you people, so we don't even try anymore...and frankly, we don't care anymore either.[/b]

Ah...the GtG quote. The intentionally misinterpreted gift that keeps on giving. We've talked this point to death 100 times (no seriously...we have), so if you want to do it again, hit our gov up on irc so we don't clog the forums...again.

Had that mixed up. My bad.
[/quote]

Yeah right. Sparta "stuck by" Pacifica all that time to gather info plain and simple. GTG did nothing but !@#$%* and complain on the tC forums, never once did Sparta attempt to fix anything.

[quote name='Lusitan' timestamp='1280548647' post='2395686']
[/quote]

They were butt hurt so there is your reason for the oA activation.

Face it, Whilhelm I believe stated Sparta's goal is to spur activity for their membership and blah blah blah. How exactly? Seeing who can buy the most infra in ten minutes? Converting tech cost charts from dollars to pounds? And I swear I saw Whilhelm complain about no u arguments and then use a u mad. Get !@#$@#$ real.

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1280549254' post='2395696']
A MADP does not automatically equate to "an attack on one is an attack on the other". also, there was coalition building going on prior to the OV incident. Are you seriously telling me that your so-called, "closest allies" did not tell you any of this despite being involved?

Also, you turned around and attacked NPO. regardless of anything they did, you attacked a former ally pretty much once the cancellation clause gave you the chance.
[/quote]
In the case of OV vs GOD it did. As for the coalition, no there wasn't. There was a loose group of friends that were still getting to know each other and a few of those friends had treaties that somehow interconnected everyone. When NPO attacked one of the friends, that friends' friends kicked in and they brought their friends etc. The treaty web is a cold hard...expletive. If you attack the wrong part of it, it all comes after you - regardless of who they are. NPO made the mistake of attacking the wrong part.

As for attacking the previous ally, see my previous post.

[quote name='Wentworth the Brave' timestamp='1280549723' post='2395705']
Yeah right. Sparta "stuck by" Pacifica all that time to gather info plain and simple. GTG did nothing but !@#$%* and complain on the tC forums, never once did Sparta attempt to fix anything.

[/quote]

So now you are accusing us of spying. Awesome.

[quote name='Hyperion321' timestamp='1280549621' post='2395703']
At the time, NPO was still the strongest alliance in the game and they were attacking our friends and allies. We weren't going to sit on the sidelines when our friends needed us, even if it was former friends on the other side. We made the decision to protect those whom we were closest with from the people we used to be closest with.

If you don't like that, tough. You can disagree and cry for our downfall all you want but it will not change how Sparta does things. It will not prevent us from doing anything and everything to protect GOD from harm. They once came to our aid in our time of need in the biggest way possible, and we shall forever be returning that favor. I'm sorry, but that's just how it is, and you will not ever shame us for that. We are proud of our decision, and GOD's health and continued friendship reinforces that pride every day.

Corinan, you say we do nothing, yet you all cry foul when we do [i]anything[/i] and [i]everything[/i] for our friends. Pick one, either say we are weak for doing nothing, or traitors for doing something. You can't have both.
[/quote]

I am not really sure you're getting what I am saying. NPO, your friends, attacked some friends of your friends. Your friends, as consequence, attacked NPO. You decided to attack your friends along with your other friends when you had the option not to - which any reasonable person would take because they were, duh, your friends. What does that make of you?

I hope your allies are taking note of how Sparta does things and that they won't change it, maybe one day they can see ahead of the cancelation and the subsequent DoW that will follow :P

As for your downfall, I see a bit of it everytime Olaf posts :)

We won't change the pattern (based on one event) where we canceled upon and then declared upon a former ally. (If you are about to post saying we've canceled on allies before at 'inconvenient times, reread the sentence.) I fail to see how you come to this conclusion. I would be honored if you would enlighten me as to your certainly logical thought process.

Edited by Unholy

There was a clause in Q that any information about a potential attack on any member was to be shared. Sparta admitted to making war plans vs NPO months before Karma. You didn't leave Q, you didn't drop NPO, you stayed in and violated Q up until it became fairly obvious the curbstomp was going to happen as soon as NPO put a toe out of line. All you had to do was leave Q back when you decided to plot with your other allies. But you didn't. Therefore you will forever be tarred as a side switching bunch of backstabbers by those you put the dagger into.

Seth's post to me about this not being a war/vengence based game but a political/nation building game confirmed what I stated earlier, that Sparta is exactly opposite of what they claim to model their alliance on. A true Spartan type would thirst for vengence and thrive on war. Bob's Sparta is the Bizzaro version of the real life Sparta.

The game is what you make of it, it's a nation building game to GPA, but to the majority of alliances it's about making your nations ready for war/vengence. That is the fun aspect of the game.

[quote name='Lusitan' timestamp='1280551524' post='2395729']
I am not really sure you're getting what I am saying. NPO, your friends, attacked some friends of your friends. Your friends, as consequence, attacked NPO. You decided to attack your friends along with your other friends when you had the option not to - which any reasonable person would take because they were, duh, your friends. What does that make of you?
[/quote]

For the record, UPN tried this, and how well did it turn out for them?

[quote name='Unholy' timestamp='1280551671' post='2395731']
We won't change the pattern (based on one event) where we canceled upon and then declared upon a former ally. (If you are about to post saying we've canceled on allies before at 'inconvenient times, reread the sentence.) I fail to see how you come to this conclusion. I would be honored if you would enlighten me as to your certainly logical thought process.
[/quote]

Actually I only said in an indirect and sarcastic way that you plan to remain oportunistic and that your friendship apparently has an expiration date of 5 days maximum :P

Spartans didn't fight because they relished the bloodshed. They fought for honor and the glorification of themselves and of Sparta, and were not necessarily a vindictive people. They felt perfection was achieved through being able to defeat every opponent. That was their goal, victory. Before you go comparing us to the real life Sparta, you might consider learning a little more about both.

EDIT: Totally missed the :P Lusitan. :v:

Edited by Unholy