There are too many alliances and some of you should disband.

Corinan

• Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='HalfEmpty' timestamp='1280527145' post='2395426']
Just outa curiosity... what does Sparta believe in... other that quick feet?
[/quote]
Sparta believes in supporting her members and allies. Doing what it can to support them.

It's not the most entertaining spectacle - but it's humble, and it's modest. The only thing we can ask is for the same consideration.

I can already see the jabs about supporting NPO and Co. during Karma - it's a constant occurence, is it not? - so let be refute that with a simple statement. It's not the paper - it's the people, and you guys $%&@ed with the wrong people. I'm sorry it still pains you to this day - but we've moved on, suggest you do the same.

You'll never rise from your ashes if you continue to sulk around in your vengeance, Phoenix.

[quote name='Jrenster' timestamp='1280527386' post='2395427']
My favorite part about this thread is that it's about alliances that should disband and yet it quickly devolved into an argument about why Sparta is a terrible alliance.
[/quote]
Another common occurrence. I know everyone likes to ride the lolSparta train - but if these debates bore you, perhaps you should avoid them instead of instigating them?

Edited by wilhelm the demented

[quote name='wilhelm the demented' timestamp='1280526908' post='2395424']
If real Spartans enjoyed being played like puppets and fighting for !@#$ they didn't believe in - You might actually have a point.
[/quote]

Spartan's warred becauce they loved war, it was their focus in life. They were honorable and not likely to be back stabbers, if they had a problem with you, expect a Spartan on your doorstep, not in some back room making a deal to sell out those they call ally. They didn't espouse a theme of growing fat and happy as in-game Spartans espouse in this thread. Then you have never faced short odds like what the Spartan's became famous for, because you always look out for pixels first.

I'd say that NEW, MK, or RoK come closer to espousing Spartan behavior than anyone from Sparta.

[quote name='wilhelm the demented' timestamp='1280527445' post='2395429']
Sparta believes in supporting her members and allies. Doing what it can to support them.

It's not the most entertaining spectacle - but it's humble, and it's modest. The only thing we can ask is for the same consideration.

I can already see the jabs about supporting NPO and Co. during Karma - it's a constant occurence, is it not? - so let be refute that with a simple statement. It's not the paper - it's the people, and you guys $%&@ed with the wrong people. I'm sorry it still pains you to this day - but we've moved on, suggest you do the same.

You'll never rise from your ashes if you continue to sulk around in your vengeance, Phoenix.

Another common occurrence. I know everyone likes to ride the lolSparta train - but if these debates bore you, perhaps you should avoid them instead of instigating them?
[/quote]

I like sulking and coniving... it's our way FatMeat. I suggest you get in touch with my olde friend PS and consider a merger.

Or disband now.... while it's cheap.

[quote name='wilhelm the demented' timestamp='1280527445' post='2395429']

[/quote]

All the fun in the game is built on vengence, during Karma TPF was held to task for things that happened when it was Total Farkistan, NPO held to task for everything since the game startd.

At some point Sparta will misstep and finally face the same thing that their allies and Hegemony partners did over the last year. I will find it amusing when it happens and we will see if there is any true Spartan mettle or just the same mostly inept bunch that couldn't be bothered to staggar or even continue fighting during Karma.

[quote name='Vol Navy' timestamp='1280527834' post='2395436']
All the fun in the game is built on vengence, during Karma TPF was held to task for things that happened when it was Total Farkistan, NPO held to task for everything since the game startd.

At some point Sparta will misstep and finally face the same thing that their allies and Hegemony partners did over the last year. I will find it amusing when it happens and we will see if there is any true Spartan mettle or [b]just the same mostly inept bunch that couldn't be bothered to staggar or even continue fighting during Karma.[/b][/quote]

LOL been there.

Cold tho... this is a public forum...

[quote name='HalfEmpty' timestamp='1280528035' post='2395437']
LOL been there.

Cold tho... this is a public forum...
[/quote]

I am pretty sure it's very well known, their performance vs NPO in Karma will go down in the record books for the most inept handling of a curbstomp most here will ever witness.

[quote name='wilhelm the demented' timestamp='1280524728' post='2395387']
"nou" threads can be a giggle and a laugh, but they are far from sustaining when you want to get in to actual longevity and the health of a game that relies so heavily on political simulation. (If it's the same boring !@#$ re-wrapped in a different package, it's still the same !@#$, and it's still boring.)
[/quote]

The NSO generates a good bit of political intrigue, especially considering our size. Pound for pound one of the more drama generating alliances in the game, actually.

[quote name='Vol Navy' timestamp='1280527834' post='2395436']

At some point Sparta will misstep and finally face the same thing that their allies and Hegemony partners did over the last year. I will find it amusing when it happens and we will see if there is any true Spartan mettle or just the same mostly inept bunch that couldn't be bothered to staggar or even continue fighting during Karma.
[/quote]
Again with Karma.... it's made me lose faith in this entire debate. I'm glad you've finally come straight out and stated that you're just here to see us burn, though, makes me feel a lot better about moving on a leaving you in the past, suffocating yourself with your own vendetta.

I can agree with one point however; there is nothing to do but wait and see. I'll be looking to the future - will you?

[quote name='Vol Navy' timestamp='1280528319' post='2395440']
I am pretty sure it's very well known, their performance vs NPO in Karma will go down in the record books for the most inept handling of a curbstomp most here will ever witness.
[/quote]
At least we knew how to correctly spell stagger while we were missing them. :smug:

Also let me point out that this is a "nation simulation" game. You may think that vengeance is the name of the game, but this isn't a game based on war. We simulate nations in a virtual world and strive to improve our own alliance of nations to... well, this game doesn't really have an end. So we strive to build our nations and those of our allies to the top, relatively speaking. Sure there are wars, but saying the game is only fun because of the vengeance you can enact is pretty shallow. You may like to play like you're in middle school again (still?), but don't throw a fit if those of us past that stage work on our own things.

[quote name='Corinan' timestamp='1280528448' post='2395441']
The NSO generates a good bit of political intrigue, especially considering our size. Pound for pound one of the more drama generating alliances in the game, actually.
[/quote]
Why do i not see many more high-school age girls in this game then? You guys are really slacking on the drama! :angry:

Firstly, I agree that a majority of alliances in this game need to simply die out. I'd say the majority of which would be the hoards of generically named and themed groups out there. Your unoriginal and take away from the more interesting aspects and characters in this game.

[quote name='Seth Muscarella' timestamp='1280528944' post='2395452']
At least we knew how to correctly spell stagger while we were missing them. :smug:

Also let me point out that this is a "nation simulation" game. You may think that vengeance is the name of the game, but this isn't a game based on war. We simulate nations in a virtual world and strive to improve our own alliance of nations to... well, this game doesn't really have an end. So we strive to build our nations and those of our allies to the top, relatively speaking. Sure there are wars, but saying the game is only fun because of the vengeance you can enact is pretty shallow. You may like to play like you're in middle school again (still?), but don't throw a fit if those of us past that stage work on our own things.
[/quote]

Actually, this game is entirely based on war. That "grandfather" game from which many alliances and members of this game originate from lacked it; and obviously felt a mass exodus when CN emerged to give us a median of satisfaction for our war-lust. The majority of players simply build the nations large enough to have the means to destroy an opponent and protect there own house when someone tries to burn it down. The aspects which you consider fun are only ancillary aspects to the core of this game your describing aspects meant to amass greater means of protection and destruction (ie. Treaties, Trades, Nukes, Members, NS, Tech, etc.); that capital ultimately being spent via the war-system which gives us all the ability to wipe out someone we dislike.

Surprisingly, I disagree with your opinion of RnR.

We are part of an MDAP bloc and RnR has shown its not afraid to fight alongside her friends and allies. Just because we don't want to start anything doesn't mean we are "boring" as you put it.

if we were a boring alliance, we wouldn't be clearly allied to a side of the treaty web and would be playing it "safe" which we are not.

[quote name='welshgazza1992' timestamp='1280533548' post='2395524']
Surprisingly, I disagree with your opinion of RnR.

We are part of an MDAP bloc and RnR has shown its not afraid to fight alongside her friends and allies. Just because we don't want to start anything doesn't mean we are "boring" as you put it.

if we were a boring alliance, we wouldn't be clearly allied to a side of the treaty web and would be playing it "safe" which we are not.
[/quote]

Some of your allies actually do things around here. All you are is allied to them, making you a merge candidate to any of them.

Your alliance in no way leads or shapes anything here. Pick: Disband or Merge.

Edited by Fernando12

I think the game has gone stale, with that said we all know a war is coming. The staleness will soon leave. Corinan needs to be put back into his place and taught a very real lesson. I would love to do it but yes you are to puny. When your opinion matters you will be asked for it, start holding your breath and keel over. STBC! My opinions in no way are the opinions of my alliance members. Just my thoughts since we all sharing

[quote name='Jrenster' timestamp='1280527386' post='2395427']
My favorite part about this thread is that it's about alliances that should disband and yet it quickly devolved into an argument about why Sparta is a terrible alliance.
[/quote]

Quickly? 2 days, and 23 pages. :lol1:

Why does it matter? As soon as the war unfolds people start crying "New Hegemony", "curbstomp", and anything thing else as soon as they can tell they are losing or will take a loss and because alliances don't want bad PR they back off and most of the fighting is over in a week.

Edited by James IV

[quote name='Solomon' timestamp='1280538327' post='2395570']
I think the game has gone stale, with that said we all know a war is coming. The staleness will soon leave. Corinan needs to be put back into his place and taught a very real lesson. I would love to do it but yes you are to puny. When your opinion matters you will be asked for it, start holding your breath and keel over. STBC! My opinions in no way are the opinions of my alliance members. Just my thoughts since we all sharing
[/quote]

Damn, I just got served!

[quote name='Solomon' timestamp='1280538327' post='2395570']
I think the game has gone stale, with that said we all know a war is coming. The staleness will [i]soon[/i] leave. Corinan needs to be put back into his place and taught a very real lesson. I would love to do it but yes you are to puny. When your opinion matters you will be asked for it, start holding your breath and keel over. STBC! My opinions in no way are the opinions of my alliance members. Just my thoughts since we all sharing
[/quote]
I don't know if [i]soon[/i] is the correct word. There could be a possibility of someone in the NPO/Iron Curtain sphere doing something stupid, allowing SuperGrievences to roll them, but that wouldn't be the global war people want. I can't see any global war happening for a few months. I could be wrong though. You never truly know.

[quote name='Ryan Greenberg' timestamp='1280539365' post='2395578']
I don't know if [i]soon[/i] is the correct word. There could be a possibility of someone in the NPO/Iron Curtain sphere doing something stupid, allowing SuperGrievences to roll them, but that wouldn't be the global war people want. I can't see any global war happening for a few months. I could be wrong though. You never truly know.
[/quote]

Funny you include the Iron Curtain in there. It's not as if [i]my[/i] alliance starts the massive wars around here. :)

Edited by Anthony

[quote name='wilhelm the demented' timestamp='1280528751' post='2395449']
Again with Karma.... it's made me lose faith in this entire debate. I'm glad you've finally come straight out and stated that you're just here to see us burn, though, makes me feel a lot better about moving on a leaving you in the past, suffocating yourself with your own vendetta.

I can agree with one point however; there is nothing to do but wait and see. I'll be looking to the future - will you?
[/quote]

you stating "Again with Karma" would work better if not for Sparta having dropped treaties for things their allies did months or years passed to avoid being curbstomped. It would also work better if you and your allies stopped with lines like "NPO did worse".

[quote name='Ashoka the Great' timestamp='1280380138' post='2393601']
I'm not sure why you think my decrying 'vanity alliances' is funny, unless you're under the mistaken impression that I founded Nordreich or led it for more than a very short while. If so, then your comment might make sense. It would still be wrong, but it would make sense.
[/quote]

I think it's funny because I don't see starting alliances being about vanity. This includes yours, mine or any other alliance. Certainly any alliance that last more than three months isn't about vanity as it's a ton more work than it's worth just to flatter oneself.

I think people start alliances because there is something about the way the others are managed that they would do differently and it hasn't happened in spite of their complaints or because they do not want to follow other peoples rules. It's more about independence.

I do, however, believe that many of the people who start OWF topics (other than the usual announcements - and even those are too many for my taste...too many milestone announcements) do so out of vanity. So your comment struck me as ironic. I probably should have explained further, however. My bad there.

Edited by White Chocolate