zzzptm

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Delta1212' timestamp='1281132159' post='2403115']
I'll start the bidding at three tech.
[/quote]

As this will double my tech levels (when my last aid package gets accepted) combined with the omen that I'm GC for the next three days only... I am inclined to accept this offer on behalf of TOP.

We are yours to command for the next three days, please start a war in that time.

Thank-you for using TOP Mercenaries INC.

[quote name='Aurion' timestamp='1281127494' post='2403047']
I think people saying things like that is a good deal more common than you're making it sound.
[/quote]
Yeah. I must try to remember where I am again. Sorry, my bad, I forgot and had faith in people.

[quote name='Some-Guy' timestamp='1281134052' post='2403141']
As this will double my tech levels (when my last aid package gets accepted) combined with the omen that I'm GC for the next three days only... I am inclined to accept this offer on behalf of TOP.

We are yours to command for the next three days, please start a war in that time.

[/quote]
Overruled.

We currently have an offer higher than 3 tech on the table. Stop settling for less!

[quote name='Some-Guy' timestamp='1281134052' post='2403141']

[/quote]
I offered the most, 3.1 tech. <_<

Edited by HHAYD

[quote name='Mussolandia' timestamp='1281121011' post='2402913']Perceptions change, it only takes time. They're already pissing off people with a few blunders here and there and they'll have a hard time restraining the more intemperate elements of their coalition. I have to say they're doing a good job for the most part, but they've reached their peak and can only go downhill from here. I just don't see how large alliances like NpO can be content in living in a world where they do not achieve their material and ideological objectives. Tech raiding will become an issue again and it's bound to alter the composition of the "sides".[/quote]

I love posts like these, there's always this slight feeling of angst that makes them read more like fantasy pieces than actual assertions.

[quote name='Mussolandia' timestamp='1281121011' post='2402913']
Perceptions change, it only takes time. They're already pissing off people with a few blunders here and there and they'll have a hard time restraining the more intemperate elements of their coalition. I have to say they're doing a good job for the most part, but they've reached their peak and can only go downhill from here. I just don't see how large alliances like NpO can be content in living in a world where they do not achieve their material and ideological objectives. Tech raiding will become an issue again and it's bound to alter the composition of the "sides".
[/quote]

What are our material and ideological objectives? I hope you don't think that Polaris objective is stop tech-raid, because it isn't(unhappily I'd say)

[quote name='Feanor Noldorin' timestamp='1281139383' post='2403231']
Overruled.

We currently have an offer higher than 3 tech on the table. Stop settling for less!
[/quote]
Decimals get removed in tech offers, so no you don't. :v:

[quote name='Tungsten' timestamp='1281154890' post='2403449']
I'll see your Four tech, and raise you [url=http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=308288]all of Goldie's tech[/url]
[/quote]

Let's see if he/she agrees to that.

Edited by HHAYD

[quote name='HHAYD' timestamp='1281155142' post='2403451']

Let's see if he/she agrees to that.
[/quote]

[12:28am] Goldie[VE]: View PostTungsten, on 07 August 2010 - 12:21 AM, said:
[12:28am] Goldie[VE]: I'll see your Four tech, and raise you all of Goldie's tech
[12:28am] Goldie[VE]: ...
[12:28am] Goldie[VE]: Fine, you win, but let's see if he/she agrees to that.
[12:28am] Goldie[VE]: hahaha
[12:28am] Goldie[VE]: sexual ambiguity ftw

Ironically, the CN world is becoming multi-polar.

All of the people whining about the inaction of alliances really should just keep it to themselves, as they're actually doing quite well to polarize the game into roughly 4 camps, (5 if you count neutral alliances,) with only a few bridges inbetween.

Will get interesting soon.

Edit: [size="4"]<_<[/size] Neutrals [size="4"]<_<[/size]

Edited by caligula

[quote name='Captain Flinders' timestamp='1281168148' post='2403583']
I have an idea on how the next war might go down and it is not in that list at all.
[/quote]

Care to share with the rest of us?

[quote name='Daeryon' timestamp='1281182014' post='2403650']
Care to share with the rest of us?
[/quote]
No, not really. I'm just saying that the possibility for conflict is endless. I don't even pretend to be completely in the know and even I can see a few things brewing. I can only imagine what the big wigs have on their horizon.

[quote name='Tungsten' timestamp='1281159613' post='2403526']
[12:28am] Goldie[VE]: View PostTungsten, on 07 August 2010 - 12:21 AM, said:
[12:28am] Goldie[VE]: I'll see your Four tech, and raise you all of Goldie's tech
[12:28am] Goldie[VE]: ...
[12:28am] Goldie[VE]: Fine, you win, but let's see if he/she agrees to that.
[12:28am] Goldie[VE]: hahaha
[12:28am] Goldie[VE]: sexual ambiguity ftw
[/quote]
Yeah, that log is totally legit. :smug:

[size="1"]Especially when it used a phrase from my other post before I decided to edit out.[/size]

Edited by HHAYD

[quote name='HHAYD' timestamp='1281189289' post='2403677']

[size="1"]Especially when it used a phrase from my other post before I decided to edit out.[/size]
[/quote]

[img]http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/8676/picture4gl.png[/img]

They're legit. Your move HHAYD

[quote name='HHAYD' timestamp='1281189289' post='2403677']

[/quote]

Never doubt the amount of stupidity that can come out of the VE private room.

[quote name='Tungsten' timestamp='1281199700' post='2403787']
[img]http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/8676/picture4gl.png[/img]

They're legit. Your move HHAYD
[/quote]
I better see Goldie pay up the owed tech.

[quote name='Crymson' timestamp='1280731112' post='2398090']
Unless the NPO messes up---and Cortath won't be doing that---I don't think anything will happen in this game for a long, long time. Those currently in power want to be protected on all fronts; that's their prerogative, but it means that there will be no significant wars; and, in my opinion, it also makes the game utterly pointless.
[/quote]

The kettle calls the pot black, or something like that. Crymson we sort of did the same thing when we helped to set up Continuum. What we'll have then is basically the same kind of drab, boring-ness that dominated CN from the BLEU / NoCB war through Karma.

Who cares. Wars were only ever the culmination of the real drama and politics that preceded it in the months before and we've not had anything like that since Karma. The next war will look like an unorganised mess, with absolutely nothing riding on it, it will start over something silly and pointless, both sides will come out with unbearable propaganda that makes little sense, one side will lose and baw about it being unfair and so on.

[quote name='Kindom of Goon' timestamp='1281226913' post='2404142']
Who cares. Wars were only ever the culmination of the real drama and politics that preceded it in the months before and we've not had anything like that since Karma. The next war will look like an unorganised mess, with absolutely nothing riding on it, it will start over something silly and pointless, both sides will come out with unbearable propaganda that makes little sense, one side will lose and baw about it being unfair and so on.
[/quote]
Basically, you're predicting a repeat of WWE/UJW2?

#1: We're not that stupid.

#2: C&G and SF are too close to split easily, and both hate the NPO. As long as their rulers can stoke the fires of anti-NPO paranoia, this is unlikely.

#3: This is most likely.

#4: Neutrals are boring, and if someone attacks them, nobody cares. This would not lead to a major war.

#5: If a micro war gets out of control, it turns into a mini war. *Yawn*

I can think of several times in recent months where SuperComplaints almost split when a relatively minor issue came close to blowing up. Now, to be fair, the leadership of SG always moves quickly to squash such instances, but any illusion of stability is just that.