ATTN: Feibelman and Arbiter

Gunnar Griffin

Edit: It seems I was misinformed. The two people in question were called out and reprimanded, I actually wasn't being blamed for any of it (except by the two people obviously). So I'm sorry if the topic caused any trouble to the Legion. I'd like to reiterate that the Legion isn't racist, just the two members were and the Legion saw it. Although both of them are still government, at least they got called out in front of every Legionnaire for their crap. Apologies for starting this thread, my bad.

Edited by Gunnar Griffin

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While people who start threads like these tend to leave out significant parts of the story, this is the OWF and people will probably support him until they hear the other side (if there is one). Being dismissive with "this is already dealt with" may be the correct response in this case, but it will probably not win you any support.

Edited by ktarthan

[quote name='Sardonic' date='22 June 2010 - 12:09 PM' timestamp='1277226548' post='2346655']
You know, there are plenty of alliances out there other than Legion. If you still enjoy it here you should at least shop around first, before deciding to quit or not.
[/quote]

Plenty won't call you racist !@#$ either, obviously if you aren't comfortable there you need to get out.

[quote name='Sardonic' date='22 June 2010 - 01:09 PM' timestamp='1277226548' post='2346655']
You know, there are plenty of alliances out there other than Legion. If you still enjoy it here you should at least shop around first, before deciding to quit or not.
[/quote]

I agree with Sardonic here. There are many more places to look at in this game. You could even try making your own little home somewhere in this game with people willing to protect your little slice of heaven (or whatever you want to call it).

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' date='22 June 2010 - 10:23 AM' timestamp='1277227384' post='2346670']
If you were in MK instead of Legion this thread would be 10x angrier than it is.
[/quote]
That's because we all know MK is literally racist. [i]Literally[/i].

Meh, I'm not quitting, not yet anyways. And @ktarthan: there isn't any part of the story I've left out. I have logs of the first time this occurred. And the tirade that was leveled against me at that time was provoked by a picture of myself I posted with my girlfriend on the "Photobooth" thread. There was nothing offensive about it. Point is, I get racist jokes and stuff from my friends, but it's playful. I don't care about stuff like that, even if it's a little racy. Its in jest and good humor. But when you say stuff like that seriously, then that's where I have a problem.

Edited by Gunnar Griffin

So your thread on our boards got moved from the lounge and you post it here instead because oh so many legionnaires read the OWF? right..

Anyway, good luck wherever it is you're going, and feel free to drag this on until you feel better.

[quote name='totem' date='22 June 2010 - 01:36 PM' timestamp='1277228173' post='2346693']
So your thread on our boards got moved from the lounge and you post it here instead because oh so many legionnaires read the OWF? right..

Anyway, good luck wherever it is you're going, and feel free to drag this on until you feel better.
[/quote]
It got deleted from the Lounge, and that's what I gathered from Arbiter's post, "You make a thread like that again and I'll ban you," or something to that effect. Moreover, I didn't carry anything, lies were spread in my absence where I was being blamed for the abuse against me. I have every right to feel aggrieved after I was told that "if you come back, expect some sort of punishment."

Edited by Gunnar Griffin

[quote name='The Arbiter' date='22 June 2010 - 11:01 AM' timestamp='1277229685' post='2346723']
You came back from your extended LoA with one goal in mind, to cause trouble. You achieved your goal, why don't you just move on now? Feibelman and I like to joke around a lot and if you honestly took that as serious anti-Indian sentiment, sorry. Nobody appreciates you airing your dirty laundry out here on the BBs. As ktarthan said, there are two sides to every story. Coming back from LoA and attacking me the entire 24 hours you were back was a significant detail you conveniently omitted.

I'm done with this ordeal and I'm not posting here again. Carry on.
[/quote]

Arb, do i have to pull logs to show where you stepped over the line multiple times? You probably were wrong in this case and trying to act like you were the victim doesn't work. That being said, Konk and Watcher are excellent members and will make sure this is resolved, so this thread is unnecessary.

[quote name='The Arbiter' date='22 June 2010 - 07:01 PM' timestamp='1277229685' post='2346723']
Nobody appreciates you airing your dirty laundry out here on the BBs.[/quote]
I do, because it's interesting to get insights into the behaviour and attitudes of other players. Yours stinks and I now know to avoid you like the plague. Much appreciated.

[quote name='CBray' date='22 June 2010 - 10:59 AM' timestamp='1277229566' post='2346719']
No matter what other side of the story there may or may not be. Racism has no place anywhere and no justifiable reason. Ever.
[/quote]

Pretty much agreeing with this. I think there's a line between jokes and straight-up racism, but it's the responsibility of the jok[i]er[/i] to make sure they aren't being offensive to the parties present.

I only made my first comment to try and give the accused a chance to explain if the situation was taken out of scope or context, or simply fabricated. It seems like the only defenses presented are "it was in jest" and "you were trying to cause trouble", which I don't find particularly satisfying.

[quote name='The Arbiter' date='22 June 2010 - 02:01 PM' timestamp='1277229685' post='2346723']
You came back from your extended LoA with one goal in mind, to cause trouble. You achieved your goal, why don't you just move on now? Feibelman and I like to joke around a lot and if you honestly took that as serious anti-Indian sentiment, sorry. Nobody appreciates you airing your dirty laundry out here on the BBs. As ktarthan said, there are two sides to every story. Coming back from LoA and attacking me the entire 24 hours you were back was a significant detail you conveniently omitted.

I'm done with this ordeal and I'm not posting here again. Carry on.
[/quote]
I have logs that will show that it was more than jest. I'd rather not show them, but if you want to continue this further, I damn well will.

[quote name='Gunnar Griffin' date='22 June 2010 - 03:28 PM' timestamp='1277231289' post='2346768']
I have logs that will show that it was more than jest. I'd rather not show them, but if you want to continue this further, I damn well will.
[/quote]

Dude. I tried to help you privately on the Legion forums. This public display, or whatever it is, is so not cool. Them being whatever you view them as, taking it to the BBs was so not cool. Not a display of maturity that I always viewed you had. You're really not showing your true colors here and for your own safety and respect, I suggest you drop this.

This is nothing more than entertainment for some and a purposeful jab at the alliance as a whole. We're not all like that, and you know it.

[quote name='lmcfalcon12' date='22 June 2010 - 02:40 PM' timestamp='1277231996' post='2346781']
Dude. I tried to help you privately on the Legion forums. This public display, or whatever it is, is so not cool. Them being whatever you view them as, taking it to the BBs was so not cool. Not a display of maturity that I always viewed you had. You're really not showing your true colors here and for your own safety and respect, I suggest you drop this.

This is nothing more than entertainment for some and a purposeful jab at the alliance as a whole. We're not all like that, and you know it.
[/quote]
I'm sure everyone knows that the alliance isn't like that as a whole. You did help me; however, I have every right to feel aggrieved over the fact that I supposedly would have been punished if I came back to the Legion over insults directed at me by two members.

[quote name='Gunnar Griffin' date='22 June 2010 - 03:45 PM' timestamp='1277232314' post='2346788']
I'm sure everyone knows that the alliance isn't like that as a whole. You did help me; however, I have every right to feel aggrieved over the fact that I supposedly would have been punished if I came back to the Legion over insults directed at me by two members.
[/quote]
[b]
EDIT:[/b] Not even getting into this anymore.

Edited by lmcfalcon12

[quote name='lmcfalcon12' date='22 June 2010 - 02:47 PM' timestamp='1277232422' post='2346793']
I cannot confirm that. I am not positive that would have happened. But fueling the fire and bickering has gotten several people in trouble recently. You can't expect to just walk away after biting back.

Just saying...
[/quote]
Ah, I was told I could get punished if I came back. Racism and bickering are not the same thing so to be punished with the likes of a racist for bickering seems ill-intentioned. I hold you in high regard, so I want your opinion (you can PM me if necessary), but I most certainly did not do anything to deserve this crap.

Edited by Gunnar Griffin

[quote name='lmcfalcon12' date='22 June 2010 - 01:40 PM' timestamp='1277231996' post='2346781']
Dude. I tried to help you privately on the Legion forums. This public display, or whatever it is, is so not cool. Them being whatever you view them as, taking it to the BBs was so not cool. Not a display of maturity that I always viewed you had. You're really not showing your true colors here and [b]for your own safety [/b]and respect, I suggest you drop this.

[/quote]

So he might be attacked for relating his story? Interesting.

Sounds like a reasonable response to admitted "but joking" racist remarks being directed AT him. :rolleyes:

Edited by janax