300 Would Have Been Sexier If They Had Added Vikings

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Salka Palmir' date='22 June 2010 - 11:46 AM' timestamp='1277225167' post='2346634']
Still can't get behind the idea that vikings would have made 300 "sexier" though.
[/quote]

You obviously haven't seen our women ;)

We could bring them to the battlefield to reap a most beautiful slaughter for our foes.

I'd hail this, but my hailing arm seems to be tied down by a swarm of Spartans on our boards...

[quote name='Seth Muscarella' date='22 June 2010 - 02:14 PM' timestamp='1277234076' post='2346826']
We stood by our allies through Karma. We stood by our allies in the various scuffles since. We expressed to our allies our beliefs regarding the Knights of Ni! situation, while standing by them all the same. We stood by our allies in CnG through the duration of the Cluster#&%$ war, very possibly turning the tide of that war with our speedy response. We still stand by our allies today. Ragnarok has nothing to worry about. :v:
[/quote]

I'm sure it really hurt to stand by your allies entering a war where you had a numerical advantage. Do you have any history of standing by allies in hard times? Thats where an alliance's mark is made, not just by being there for the times of prosperity. I can't get past the fact that your all hyped up on CnG now, but half a year before the Karma war, you were right there fighting on the opposite side from them as a member of the Continuum. ([url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=30932&st=60&p=822309&#entry822309"]albeit in minor contribution.[/url]). But as the world turns, a lot [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=54176"]changes[/url] in six months.

Although, that aside, I do extend my congratulations on the new treaty, and wish both parties the best of luck in the future, even if I'm not particularly a fan of them.

Edited by memoryproblems

[quote name='Seth Muscarella' date='22 June 2010 - 03:14 PM' timestamp='1277234076' post='2346826']
Who are OIN and GUARD?
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]I suggest you read up on your alliance's history. You bailed on OIN in order to escape the defeat that was GWIII. That was how Sparta was founded. OIN members fleeing from battle. And GUARD, it is the bloc you joined and failed to make a stand in as well.

And as for Karma, memoryproblems summed up your involvement quite nicely.[/color]

[quote name='Hiro Nakara' date='22 June 2010 - 08:13 AM' timestamp='1277208764' post='2346453']
It took you since 2009 to get the panties off Sparta? I thought Wilhelm was more loose than that :P
[/quote]
They had our panties a while ago, what can I say? - I'm a tease. :blush:

Edited by wilhelm the demented

[quote name='wilhelm the demented' date='23 June 2010 - 02:59 AM' timestamp='1277258329' post='2347136']
They had our panties a while ago, what can I say? - I'm a tease. :blush:
[/quote]

At least you wear pants, they folks at Ragnarok are right W*^%es

Edited by Hiro Nakara

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='22 June 2010 - 09:14 PM' timestamp='1277255642' post='2347108']
I suggest you read up on your alliance's history. You bailed on OIN in order to escape the defeat that was GWIII. That was how Sparta was founded. OIN members fleeing from battle. And GUARD, it is the bloc you joined and failed to make a stand in as well.

And as for Karma, memoryproblems summed up your involvement quite nicely.
[/quote]
Please excuse my incompetent subordinates, they have this youthful, idealistic, and innocent desire to move forward and evolve. - Such Insolence.

It's a blessing we have such a wonderful historian to keep us in check. Thank you, Rebel Virginia. I'll do my best to ensure that they conform to our past.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='22 June 2010 - 09:14 PM' timestamp='1277255642' post='2347108']
[color="#FF00FF"]I suggest you read up on your alliance's history. You bailed on OIN in order to escape the defeat that was GWIII. That was how Sparta was founded. OIN members fleeing from battle. And GUARD, it is the bloc you joined and failed to make a stand in as well.

And as for Karma, memoryproblems summed up your involvement quite nicely.[/color]
[/quote]
Perhaps they simply disagreed with OIN entering that war on a PIAT? I think you of all people would understand the validity of leaving an alliance entering a war on ground you find immoral.

It was Sparta's admitted plotting against their allies in tC that soured me on them. Rather than leave the bloc like Gremlins and FOK they chose to stay and violoate the treaty for several months.

Sparta is one of a few alliances that rode with Pacifica and tC that got off scott free as they've seemingly always managed to have a foot on every side of the treaty web and never minded getting out of town without their partners when they saw the posse on the way.

[quote name='NoFish' date='23 June 2010 - 04:29 AM' timestamp='1277263745' post='2347217']
Perhaps they simply disagreed with OIN entering that war on a PIAT? I think you of all people would understand the validity of leaving an alliance entering a war on ground you find immoral.
[/quote]

Remember, sense doesn't matter in the world of RV. Only blind sheepliness and following those he approves of matters.

[quote name='commander thrawn' date='23 June 2010 - 12:47 AM' timestamp='1277268425' post='2347323']
Remember, sense doesn't matter in the world of RV. Only blind sheepliness and following those he approves of matters.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]I've been called many things before, but never a sheep, so congratulations on being original. If you take a look at my own history you may see I'm one of very few truly independent minds still in this world.

And noFish, maybe they did leave because they disagreed with OIN. Just as Sparta left NPO out to dry because they disagreed with it. I can only wonder whom they will disagree with next.[/color]

[color="#FF0000"]Yay, more meatsheilds.

Well, this is good news that they are sucking up to my general side of the treaty web, that means they are betting on us winning. Well, the one upside, is that we gain over three hundred meatsheilds while depriving the other side of another three hundred. With this many treaties on the CnG-SF side it would be almost impossible to turncoat and run.

Well, where there is a will, there is a way.[/color]

[quote name='DictatatorDan' date='23 June 2010 - 01:52 AM' timestamp='1277272335' post='2347410']
[color="#FF0000"]Yay, more meatsheilds.

Well, this is good news that they are sucking up to my general side of the treaty web, that means they are betting on us winning. Well, the one upside, is that we gain over three hundred meatsheilds while depriving the other side of another three hundred. With this many treaties on the CnG-SF side it would be almost impossible to turncoat and run.

Well, where there is a will, there is a way.[/color]
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]I had no idea the NPO was still considered a thread. Then again, a bogeyman, real or imagined, is needed to keep the current world order together.

Of course, Sparta has already been tied fairly solidly to the SF/CnG conglomerate for sometime, although more so to CnG than SF. I guess Sparta is trying to make sure its treaties are as conflicting as possible for when the time comes to pick a winner. That has been its m.o. in the past.[/color]

Edited by Rebel Virginia

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='23 June 2010 - 01:20 AM' timestamp='1277274032' post='2347455']
[color="#0000FF"]I had no idea the NPO was still considered a thread. Then again, a bogeyman, real or imagined, is needed to keep the current world order together.

Of course, Sparta has already been tied fairly solidly to the SF/CnG conglomerate for sometime, although more so to CnG than SF. I guess Sparta is trying to make sure its treaties are as conflicting as possible for when the time comes to pick a winner. That has been its m.o. in the past.[/color]
[/quote]

[color="#FF0000"]I dont beleive I ever mentioned Pacifica in that post. Just rather observing the tendancy that Sparta has stronger, if that is the right word, ties to the CnG-SF side of the treaty web than it does to any other side of the treaty web. It is no secret by now that SF-CnG generally march together, with so many intermediary treaties that link them together.

Pacifica isn't a threat to me or my alliance, and does not appear to be so in the near future. Though, looking at the way old scores tend to be settled, and minor incididents tend to spiral out of control, I think that an eventual war that will bring our two spheres of influence into conflict is a fair possibility, but is certainly not inevitable.[/color]

Edited by DictatatorDan

[quote name='DictatatorDan' date='23 June 2010 - 02:40 AM' timestamp='1277275226' post='2347473']
[color="#FF0000"]I dont beleive I ever mentioned Pacifica in that post. Just rather observing the tendancy that Sparta has stronger, if that is the right word, ties to the CnG-SF side of the treaty web than it does to any other side of the treaty web. It is no secret by now that SF-CnG generally march together, with so many intermediary treaties that link them together.

Pacifica isn't a threat to me or my alliance, and does not appear to be so in the near future. Though, looking at the way old scores tend to be settled, and minor incididents tend to spiral out of control, I think that an eventual war is a fair possibility, but is certainly not inevitable.[/color]
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]I am aware. However, I was stating that there is no reason for CnG and SF to continue to cooperate, no that there is no enemy, unless of course the imaginary Pacifican bogeyman still has the world trembling in fear. And for rational minds, as many leaders in SF and CnG no doubt are, that lie will not be believed.

Sparta can only be performing its usual tricks. It is tying itself to both sides so that it will be able to put itself in league with whomever is destined to win.[/color]

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='23 June 2010 - 01:44 AM' timestamp='1277275453' post='2347476']
[color="#0000FF"]I am aware. However, I was stating that there is no reason for CnG and SF to continue to cooperate, no that there is no enemy, unless of course the imaginary Pacifican bogeyman still has the world trembling in fear. And for rational minds, as many leaders in SF and CnG no doubt are, that lie will not be believed.

Sparta can only be performing its usual tricks. It is tying itself to both sides so that it will be able to put itself in league with whomever is destined to win.[/color]
[color="#FF0000"][/quote]
The SF-CnG spheres will continue to cooperate because their spheres of influence heavily overlap with eachother. To do otherwise would be suicide.[/color]

[quote name='DictatatorDan' date='23 June 2010 - 02:48 AM' timestamp='1277275695' post='2347483']
The SF-CnG spheres will continue to cooperate because their spheres of influence heavily overlap with eachother. To do otherwise would be suicide.[/color]
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Right now we've got a hegemony. Not as bad as the last, not nearly as aggressive, but a hegemony nonetheless. We all know that such things never last, especially when there is no threat. Sooner or later the current structure will come crashing down. It is an inevitability. And Sparta is making its preparations. Sparta knows how to pick a winner.[/color]

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='23 June 2010 - 01:58 AM' timestamp='1277276320' post='2347490']
[color="#0000FF"]Right now we've got a hegemony. Not as bad as the last, not nearly as aggressive, but a hegemony nonetheless. We all know that such things never last, especially when there is no threat. Sooner or later the current structure will come crashing down. It is an inevitability. And Sparta is making its preparations. Sparta knows how to pick a winner.[/color]
[/quote]

[color="#FF0000"]It is doubtful that the CnG-SF "Hegemony" will come crashing down anytime soon. If memory serves correctly, the last Hedgemony came crashing down, not because of exclusively internal weakness, rather in the fact that it was more or less violently torn down. As you have said yourself, this Hegemony is less agressive, and has allowed a general period of freedom without fear to flourish, so there is no worldwide impetus to tear it down.[/color]

[quote name='DictatatorDan' date='23 June 2010 - 03:05 AM' timestamp='1277276712' post='2347498']
[color="#FF0000"]It is doubtful that the CnG-SF "Hegemony" will come crashing down anytime soon. If memory serves correctly, the last Hedgemony came crashing down, not because of exclusively internal weakness, rather in the fact that it was more or less violently torn down. As you have said yourself, this Hegemony is less agressive, and has allowed a general period of freedom without fear to flourish, so there is no worldwide impetus to tear it down.[/color]
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Nothing lasts forever, although it may seem that way, and Sparta understands that better than anyone. They are going to make sure they can get into a comfortable position when the world comes crashing down.

OOC: People will get bored. The last year has been more or less boring, and without any real competition, people will turn on each other. It is merely the nature of things. War is much more fun than peace. Sparta will be sure to choose the winning side when war does happen. They always do.[/color]

[quote name='DictatatorDan' date='23 June 2010 - 04:35 AM' timestamp='1277276712' post='2347498']
[/quote]

Which would not have happened without the internal collapse of Q and co.