Athens Press Conference

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='JackSkellington' date='11 June 2010 - 12:35 AM' timestamp='1276234485' post='2332930']
Thoughts on whether the Ronin treaty would be kept if that actually happened?
[/quote]

It wouldn't. My first act as Emperor of =LOST= would be to change the name to Athens, and my second act would be to cancel the Ronin treaty. Just for you Nite. :wub:

[quote name='Banksy' date='11 June 2010 - 12:55 AM' timestamp='1276235741' post='2332951']
Why is Jgoods incapable of using quote tags properly?
[/quote]

Jgoods has taken a lot of nukes to the head over the years. :P

I don't believe the next issue of the Tabloid Tribune (due out this weekend, and a personal attack issue to boot :ehm:) will not be mentioning Athens or Londo (Although Rush gets a small quote in his non-Athens capacity). Are you relieved to be out of the spotlight, or do you feel sad and snubbed? There may be time to add one more article if you really want me to (or if you do something classically Athens).

[quote name='SpectreTehDestroyer' date='11 June 2010 - 12:58 AM' timestamp='1276235908' post='2332956']
Because failure is rather prevalent in Athens.
[/quote]

I see a bloody and twisted mass of alliances that thought they could kill us behind us. I see victory and glory in front of us. We are not in the business of failure, good sir. We prevail.

[quote name='Sir Paul' date='11 June 2010 - 01:00 AM' timestamp='1276235985' post='2332959']
I don't believe the next issue of the Tabloid Tribune (due out this weekend, and a personal attack issue to boot :ehm:) will not be mentioning Athens or Londo (Although Rush gets a small quote in his non-Athens capacity). Are you relieved to be out of the spotlight, or do you feel sad and snubbed? There may be time to add one more article if you really want me to (or if you do something classically Athens).
[/quote]

When we are back in the spotlight, we will be there by deliberate choice. The attentions of the New Pacific Order, as capable an alliance as she is, will not make or break us. The world has not seen the last of us. We will return.

[quote name='PorkPotPie' date='11 June 2010 - 01:11 AM' timestamp='1276236671' post='2332975']
How do you feel having to protect MERC, even though we don't talk that much or have slumber parties? :awesome:
[/quote]

Do you want to have a slumber party with Athens?

Then again, who wouldn't? :v:

[quote name='Londo Mollari' date='11 June 2010 - 01:16 AM' timestamp='1276236977' post='2332981']
Do you want to have a slumber party with Athens?

Then again, who wouldn't? :v:
[/quote]
I think it'd be awkward at first, but when the pillow fight would start, it'd be as much fun as a barrel of monkeys, and the fun would only continue when Twister was dug out of a closet. :wub:

Edited by PorkPotPie

Have you ever concidered doing a [s]recruiting [/s]raiding competition?

What's your favorite multicolored alliance?

What's your opinion of the BAPS/UPN drama?

Do you feel SF/CnG is in a position of hegemony?

When will Jgoods post something in our embassy again ;)

When will you have a third regent?

When will you gobble up =LOST=?

How is SZalony?

Edited by supercoolyellow

[quote name='Jgoods45' date='10 June 2010 - 09:46 PM' timestamp='1276224368' post='2332648']
If we where MK prawns, the Knights of Ni! thing would of never happened and we would of probably contacted TPF before we declared on them. With that said,they are our closest ally and we love them to death and would gladly go to Hell and back for them 100 times over.
[/quote]

Sorry, you now owe Rok 50 tech for using the phrase to Hell and back. ;)

Also I asked questions then read the others, don't feel the need to answer my question about UPN/BAPS

[quote name='supercoolyellow' date='11 June 2010 - 01:20 AM' timestamp='1276237230' post='2332989']
Have you ever concidered doing a [s]recruiting [/s]raiding competition?[/quote]

That sounds like a lot of fun.

[quote]What's your favorite multicolored alliance?[/quote]

Athens, lol.

[quote]Do you feel SF/CnG is in a position of hegemony?[/quote]

No, we are not.

[quote]When will you have a third regent?[/quote]

When the first two do stuff.

[quote]When will you gobble up =LOST=?[/quote]

When their economy collapses and we win the Cold War.

What would you say has been your biggest handicap as an alliance?

Why do you think Athens has the reputation that it does? Does the reputation fit the alliance?

Out side of the government name at least 2 hard working individuals and then explain what they do and why that is important?

If Athens government were to dissolve over night, would the alliance continue on?

If you had to pick one person outside the current government who you think would do well in government name then and why?

[quote name='Muddog' date='11 June 2010 - 12:45 AM' timestamp='1276238693' post='2333011']
What would you say has been your biggest handicap as an alliance?

Why do you think Athens has the reputation that it does? Does the reputation fit the alliance?

Out side of the government name at least 2 hard working individuals and then explain what they do and why that is important?

If Athens government were to dissolve over night, would the alliance continue on?

If you had to pick one person outside the current government who you think would do well in government name then and why?
[/quote]

1. Our PR.

2. Because people get all touchy and whiny over some issues that do not concern them. And I would say no. We are pretty laid back and can allow a few things to slip by without even noticing them.

3. Leave this for Londo.

4. Yes. We have some good people ready to take over the helm if that ever to happen.

5. Leave this for Londo.

[quote name='Muddog' date='11 June 2010 - 01:45 AM' timestamp='1276238693' post='2333011']
What would you say has been your biggest handicap as an alliance?[/quote]

Deficient recruitment.

[quote]Why do you think Athens has the reputation that it does? Does the reputation fit the alliance?[/quote]

We've tended to shoot first and ask questions later. I think we are starting to lose some of that reputation and people will judge us for our future actions rather than dwelling on the past forever.

[quote]Out side of the government name at least 2 hard working individuals and then explain what they do and why that is important?[/quote]

If someone is willing to do work they are generally given some sort of government job.

[quote]If Athens government were to dissolve over night, would the alliance continue on?[/quote]

Yes it would. We have a ton of people with government experience who could step up. We wouldn't be nearly as healthy if we lost our entire gov, but I think our membership would hang together, import tech on their own, and fight in such wars as were needed.

[quote]If you had to pick one person outside the current government who you think would do well in government name then and why?[/quote]

Opuscon. He's done an amazing job on Planet Steve building and running alliances. He's not that active now but if he got interested he could do a good job running things.

Edited by Londo Mollari

Not a bad response, but I do have a few follow up questions if you don't mind.

If you could convey one thing about Athens to the general populous what would it be?

To rephrase my question, name a member other than those who get public praise that is doing an over the top job? (I ask this because I don't think alliances give enough credit to the unsung hero.)

Where do you see Athens going in the next 3 months?

If somebody was looking to join Athens what would you say is your best quality as an alliance? And what is your worst?

[quote name='Muddog' date='11 June 2010 - 12:13 AM' timestamp='1276240416' post='2333036']

If somebody was looking to join Athens what would you say is your best quality as an alliance? And what is your worst?
[/quote]

GM and GM

Sincerely,

Founder of the PGMC

[quote name='Cortath' date='10 June 2010 - 09:36 PM' timestamp='1276223749' post='2332617']
You answered other posts, notwithstanding that mine had been posted.

Viceroy Jasmine shall give you ten lashes.
[/quote]
I support Jasmine for Athens Viceroy

Jgoods, when are you going to coup Rush and take back your rightful spot as MoFA..also lulz@OO

[quote name='Londo Mollari' date='11 June 2010 - 02:04 AM' timestamp='1276236223' post='2332964']
I see a bloody and twisted mass of alliances that thought they could kill us behind us. I see victory and glory in front of us. We are not in the business of failure, good sir. We prevail.
[/quote]
Except in WoTC, am I right?

[quote name='Londo Mollari' date='11 June 2010 - 03:00 AM' timestamp='1276239622' post='2333025']
I think we are starting to lose some of that reputation and people will judge us for our future actions rather than dwelling on the past forever.
[/quote]
6 Months have to past first ;)

Did Rsox ever get his thong turned around?