Open Address to the United Coalition of Nations

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is different. Not liking the fact that a new alliance is stealing our acronym. When people here "this nation from ucn is threatening me" they think United Commonwealth of Nations is attacking, not a fun match. UCN will be considering what to do.

[quote name='erikjsch' date='01 June 2010 - 08:41 PM' timestamp='1275439242' post='2319847']
This is different. Not liking the fact that a new alliance is stealing our acronym. When people here "this nation from ucn is threatening me" they think United Commonwealth of Nations is attacking, not a fun match. UCN will be considering what to do.
[/quote]

I wouldn't be too worried about it, most people do some research before declaring war over a vague comment. :P

I want to take this opportunity to thank all of you who have responded both on these forums and in private. We appreciate the encouragement and advice. There are so many nation leaders and alliances that have acted with nobility- it has been quite overwhelming. I would also like to thank the nations that have engaged nato12. We do not have any members yet of sufficient nation strength to attack nato12. Whether you did it on our behalf or just for fun on your part, we like it. I have continued to receive threats (and have apparently earned an enemy for life) of a nature that are impossible to ignore. We will begin engaging the nations that we can, although we will do so heavy-heartedly. I can only conclude that an alliance must suffer for the actions of their leaders, fair or unfair. This is a lesson that I will try hard to remember. Although these other nations have not done anything to us personally, I can only conclude from the messages that I have received that they will be (if they have not already been) ordered to attack CR. On another note- I would like to ensure those parties who have negotiated tech deals with CR that your tech will be delivered in full and on time.

[quote name='Sam Houston' date='01 June 2010 - 06:04 PM' timestamp='1275440662' post='2319878']
I want to take this opportunity to thank all of you who have responded both on these forums and in private. We appreciate the encouragement and advice. There are so many nation leaders and alliances that have acted with nobility- it has been quite overwhelming. I would also like to thank the nations that have engaged nato12. We do not have any members yet of sufficient nation strength to attack nato12. Whether you did it on our behalf or just for fun on your part, we like it. I have continued to receive threats (and have apparently earned an enemy for life) of a nature that are impossible to ignore. We will begin engaging the nations that we can, although we will do so heavy-heartedly. I can only conclude that an alliance must suffer for the actions of their leaders, fair or unfair. This is a lesson that I will try hard to remember. Although these other nations have not done anything to us personally, I can only conclude from the messages that I have received that they will be (if they have not already been) ordered to attack CR. On another note- I would like to ensure those parties who have negotiated tech deals with CR that your tech will be delivered in full and on time.
[/quote]

Very impressive dialogue, you sir impress. With someone like you leading this alliance, I see a bright and potentially prosperous future.

I wish you well as you go through this and in all of your future endeavors.

nato12 tried to (laughably) poach several of our members, we sent him a PM explaining that continuing such behavior in the future would likely lead to his alliance to get attacked. We were wondering how long before we'd hear more about him.

During the last two weeks, The Dark Templar have been discussing a protectorate agreement with the Cyber Revolutionaries. Given today's events, I, acting as the Lord of Foreign Affairs, hereby declare that the Cyber Revolutionaries are now under our protection. The United Coalition of Nations would do well to back off. Continued nooberty will be terminated with extreme prejudice.

A more formal agreement will be posted at a later date.

Edited by General Ozujsko

[quote name='Schad' date='01 June 2010 - 03:24 PM' timestamp='1275423833' post='2319519']
An alliance of five threatening an alliance of 21 to join them or be destroyed. I think this calls for a [i]brilliant political move[/i].
[/quote]
I'm sure you've heard by now that stats are far less important than coordination and timing in a war.

[quote name='Rey the Great' date='01 June 2010 - 09:38 PM' timestamp='1275446264' post='2320011']
I'm sure you've heard by now that stats are far less important than coordination and timing in a war.
[/quote]

Indeed. But I've also heard that attempts at extortion have more of an effect if you possess some credible means of enforcement, and nothing about those PMs nor the composition of UCoN screamed "finely-tuned machine".

[quote name='SnowWolf' date='01 June 2010 - 07:24 PM' timestamp='1275434665' post='2319770']
Wow.....

Just wow.....

We should go get \m/ :awesome:
[/quote]

I believe our goon brethren have this one covered. But who am I kidding? We're working on it.

Edited by Emperor Marx

[quote name='Emperor Marx' date='01 June 2010 - 11:43 PM' timestamp='1275450185' post='2320087']
I believe our goon brethren have this one covered. But who am I kidding? We're working on it.
[/quote]A group I work with within goons and I are planning on taking it upon ourselves to blow UCoN out of the water. Feel free to join in, though. :)

[quote name='General Ozujsko' date='01 June 2010 - 07:36 PM' timestamp='1275446172' post='2320007']
During the last two weeks, The Dark Templar have been discussing a protectorate agreement with the Cyber Revolutionaries. Given today's events, I, acting as the Lord of Foreign Affairs, hereby declare that the Cyber Revolutionaries are now under our protection. The United Coalition of Nations would do well to back off. Continued nooberty will be terminated with extreme prejudice.

A more formal agreement will be posted at a later date.
[/quote]

A most excellent show. I was wondering if someone was already in the works with them, hence my suggestion earlier in this thread.

o/ DT

btw, I wonder, is this a Wiki-worthy war yet? :ph34r: I have an itch that needs scratching again.

hi guys it's me nato12 why do all you guys care so much about this small alliance and nation.And for the Goon Order of Oppression Negligence and Sadism you guys don't really live up to your name if you attack me because i threatened someone iam a 13 year old boy and because of some threats everyone is having a huge disscusion and sam huoston i always come back i have been destroyed twice but come back

[quote name='Archanis' date='01 June 2010 - 11:48 PM' timestamp='1275450500' post='2320094']
A group I work with within goons and I are planning on taking it upon ourselves to blow UCoN out of the water. Feel free to join in, though. :)
[/quote]

Hey you guys are all late to the party, but by all means welcome to the fun. I already looted the beer cash, but I'll share the love. :smug:

[quote]btw, I wonder, is this a Wiki-worthy war yet? I have an itch that needs scratching again.[/quote]

Only if we call it the "Righteous Raid". It just makes sense.Oh, and for everyone's enjoyment.

[quote]To: Lord Curzon From: nato12 Date: 6/1/2010 5:44:24 PM

Subject: War
Message: declare peace. or you will be destroyed bye the nation that protects me look at a nation called ramon he will fund me [/quote]

Are there any grammar nazi's in the thread? :P

[quote]To: Lord Curzon From: nato12 Date: 6/1/2010 5:49:14 PM

Subject: RE: War Declared!

Oh totally.

[quote]To: Lord Curzon From: nato12 Date: 6/1/2010 6:14:24 PM

Subject: war
Message: thsi war will end with your destruction 10000 troops are coming to attack you because iam getting aid [/quote]

Yes.... while you are in anarchy and with no money.

[quote]To: Lord Curzon From: nato12 Date: 6/1/2010 6:28:58 PM

Subject: war
Message: i have been told that it is sam houston who has caused this trouble [/quote]

Damn you Sam Houston! :rolleyes:

[quote name='nato12' date='02 June 2010 - 01:23 AM' timestamp='1275459784' post='2320247']
hi guys it's me nato12 why do all you guys care so much about this small alliance and nation.And for the Goon Order of Oppression Negligence and Sadism you guys don't really live up to your name if you attack me because i threatened someone iam a 13 year old boy and because of some threats everyone is having a huge disscusion and sam huoston i always come back i have been destroyed twice but come back
[/quote]

Says the clearly 12 year old kid who can't get it through your head that maybe you're doing it wrong if you're about to be destroyed for the 3rd time.

Anyway, like catfish, it's nice to see that GOONS is there to clean up the rubbish. :D

[quote name='nato12' date='01 June 2010 - 11:23 PM' timestamp='1275459784' post='2320247']
[/quote]
Actually I think that warring a 13 year old boy for little reason is [i]exactly[/i] living up to our name.

And to the above: Yes. GOONS is a giant catfish.

Quick, Sam Houston, make a worldwide MDP so that everyone can have a piece of UCoN! [img]http://forums.cybernations.net/public/style_emoticons/default/awesome.gif[/img]

Edited by Hadrian