The Freedom of The Seas

[quote name='Myworld' date='04 April 2010 - 10:44 PM' timestamp='1270435423' post='2248261']
People are not saying they want to attack whoever they want, but if they are unaligned and not under a protected AA for some reason then people shouldn't get involved.
[/quote]

Actually, that's exactly what they're saying. And quite frankly, so are we.

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Mr Damsky' date='04 April 2010 - 09:07 PM' timestamp='1270433260' post='2248206']
First off, there is a huge difference between bullying and attacking someone relatively at your strength, who has the ability to fight back and do damage, by yourself.[/quote]
In a duel both parties accept prior to the actual engagement, one does not just lunge at somebody walking along the street. If you have a friend who's equally bored and wishes to skirmish, why not fight them instead of jumping some random nation? If I was a war nation, that's what I'd do.

[quote name='Tritonia' date='04 April 2010 - 10:57 PM' timestamp='1270436210' post='2248279']
In a duel both parties accept prior to the actual engagement, one does not just lunge at somebody walking along the street. If you have a friend who's equally bored and wishes to skirmish, why not fight them instead of jumping some random nation? If I was a war nation, that's what I'd do.
[/quote]

It's what real warriors did back in the day.

[quote name='Myworld' date='04 April 2010 - 09:44 PM' timestamp='1270435423' post='2248261']
People are not saying they want to attack whoever they want, but if they are unaligned and not under a protected AA for some reason then people shouldn't get involved.
[/quote]

Why do you have a right to get involved by attacking, but nobody else has a right to get involved?

[quote name='Tritonia' date='04 April 2010 - 07:57 PM' timestamp='1270436210' post='2248279']
[/quote]

It's not a duel but it's the closest thing to it (that's not actually a duel).

[quote name='Mr Damsky' date='04 April 2010 - 11:26 PM' timestamp='1270437976' post='2248310']
It's not a duel but it's the closest thing to it (that's not actually a duel).
[/quote]

Why not be a man and actually challenge someone then instead of blindsiding an innocent bystander?

[quote name='Baldr' date='04 April 2010 - 07:17 PM' timestamp='1270433816' post='2248225']
What you are complaining about is people responding to your actions. You want to attack whoever you want, with no repercussions, no risk.
[/quote]

The risk is that the person [b]being attacked[/b] defends. There's a huge risk involved in a 1v1 tech raid.

[quote name='WarriorConcept' date='04 April 2010 - 08:27 PM' timestamp='1270438043' post='2248313']
Why not be a man and actually challenge someone then instead of blindsiding an innocent bystander?
[/quote]

I do that all the time. But how is a tech raid (by my definition a tech raid is two ground attacks only followed by peace) blindsiding someone? It's pretty hard to put someone, even at twenty percent soldiers, into Anarchy with only two ground attacks. You're not even launching cruise missiles for admin's sake.

Edited by Mr Damsky

[quote name='Mr Damsky' date='04 April 2010 - 11:27 PM' timestamp='1270438061' post='2248314']
The risk is that the person [b]being attacked[/b] defends. There's a huge risk involved in a 1v1 tech raid.
[/quote]

No, the risk is now that person might get help. And I'm glad you're talking about "risk" when you randomly attack a guy who's not prepared at all.

[quote name='WarriorConcept' date='04 April 2010 - 08:29 PM' timestamp='1270438136' post='2248319']
No, the risk is now that person might get help. And I'm glad you're talking about "risk" when you randomly attack a guy who's not prepared at all.
[/quote]

All nations should be prepared for war, even more so being unaligned. Life's tough and you don't always get what you want, people should get used to having to defend themselves. If not, well then you're not fit to lead a nation.

[quote name='Mr Damsky' date='04 April 2010 - 11:33 PM' timestamp='1270438369' post='2248324']
All nations should be prepared for war, even more so being unaligned. Life's tough and you don't always get what you want, people should get used to having to defend themselves. If not, well then you're not fit to lead a nation.
[/quote]

I love how you're acting tough because you can attack a random nation who might just be trying to grow. If you were a real fighter you'd challenge people to fights, but you're a coward.

[quote name='Mr Damsky' date='04 April 2010 - 11:27 PM' timestamp='1270438061' post='2248314']

I do that all the time. But how is a tech raid (by my definition a tech raid is two ground attacks only followed by peace) blindsiding someone? It's pretty hard to put someone, even at twenty percent soldiers, into Anarchy with only two ground attacks. You're not even launching cruise missiles for admin's sake.
[/quote]

Maybe it's just hard for you :smug:

[quote name='WarriorConcept' date='04 April 2010 - 08:36 PM' timestamp='1270438572' post='2248331']
Maybe it's just hard for you :smug:
[/quote]

Well yeah I've never had any military wonders and have !@#$ trades half the time so... :P

[quote name='WarriorConcept' date='04 April 2010 - 10:58 PM' timestamp='1270436299' post='2248280']
It's what real warriors did back in the day.
[/quote]

I remember you and Egore dukeing it out back in the day, that was freaking hilarious.

[quote name='WarriorConcept' date='05 April 2010 - 03:35 AM' timestamp='1270438513' post='2248329']
I love how you're acting tough because you can attack a random nation who might just be trying to grow. If you were a real fighter you'd challenge people to fights, but you're a coward.
[/quote]
WC, I love you man, and I wish you the best of luck with this, but come on man, we both know how it was back in the day.

[quote name='Merrie Melodies' date='05 April 2010 - 12:06 AM' timestamp='1270440364' post='2248459']
WC, I love you man, and I wish you the best of luck with this, but come on man, we both know how it was back in the day.
[/quote]

And you should remember my Gladiator Battles as well.

[quote name='Baldr' date='04 April 2010 - 10:18 PM' timestamp='1270437513' post='2248300']
Why do you have a right to get involved by attacking, but nobody else has a right to get involved?
[/quote]
Every nation should have the right to go out have a war another nation, as long as that nation is unaligned or in an unprotected AA. Let that attacking nation be unaligned himself or part of an alliance. Each alliance has their own guidelines that dictate what their member is able to do under their AA with regards to wars, and that is that alliances business. Alliances don't expect other people to get involved in their business if an unaligned nation attacks them. So why should it be any different if a single nation attacks an unaligned?

I understand if an unaligned nation truly wants to join an AA, and people come asking for the raids to stop. That's been a common practice, but to pm a nation that is getting raided and tell them that you'll help them get out of the raid and not have to join your AA or someone sending aid to the raided nation that isn't going to join your alliance is just asking for trouble, because you're aiding into a war that doesn't involve you directly, and could be considered an act of war by some alliance. Because you got yourself involved in matters that doesn't directly involve your alliance.

Edited by Myworld

[quote name='Myworld' date='05 April 2010 - 12:26 AM' timestamp='1270441564' post='2248536']
Every nation should have the right to go out have a war another nation, as long as that nation is unaligned or in an unprotected AA. Let that attacking nation be unaligned himself or part of an alliance. Each alliance has their own guidelines that dictate what their member is able to do under their AA with regards to wars, and that is that alliances business. Alliances don't expect other people to get involved in their business if an unaligned nation attacks them. So why should it be any different if a single nation attacks an unaligned?

I understand if an unaligned nation truly wants to join an AA, and people come asking for the raids to stop. That's been a common practice, but to pm a nation that is getting raided and tell them that you'll help them get out of the raid and not have to join your AA or someone sending aid to the raided nation that isn't going to join your alliance is just asking for trouble, because you're aiding into a war that doesn't involve you directly, and could be considered an act of war by some alliance. Because you got yourself involved in matters that doesn't directly involve your alliance.
[/quote]

Same circular logic we've always seen from raiders, its all about your sovereign rights to do as you please, but somehow the targets don't have a sovereign right to not get their !@#$ blown away with no warning.

Even aside from that, it smacks of whining, many raiding alliances have a policy that amounts to "you are on your own if your tech raid goes bad", but it meant little because really how often to tech raids go bad? Now you've just been warned your wars might actually have some risk attached to them and your are upset.

Somehow I can't work up much sympathy.

[quote name='Myworld' date='05 April 2010 - 12:26 AM' timestamp='1270441564' post='2248536']

[/quote]

Well it all depends on how it will be handled when it's a raiding aligned nation now, won't it?

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' date='05 April 2010 - 12:30 AM' timestamp='1270441782' post='2248542']
http://www.cybernations.net/search_wars.asp?search=380091&Extended=1

Much love, WC.
[/quote]

Haha, trying to show you're tough by attacking a nation who's doing nothing to you but minding his own business. How pathetic.

[quote name='WarriorConcept' date='05 April 2010 - 12:34 AM' timestamp='1270442028' post='2248555']
Haha, trying to show you're tough by attacking a nation who's doing nothing to you but minding his own business. How pathetic.
[/quote]

I literally only did it because of this thread. LOOK AT THE SUFFERING YOU'VE CAUSED

[quote name='WarriorConcept' date='05 April 2010 - 04:24 AM' timestamp='1270441459' post='2248535']
And you should remember my Gladiator Battles as well.
[/quote]
Yes I do, we always had a date that never seemed to come, but as I was alluding to, you were once the champion of another form of one on one too. Don't get me wrong I applaud your change of heart I just find it distasteful that you might call out some of those you taught how to raid.

[quote name='TypoNinja' date='04 April 2010 - 11:31 PM' timestamp='1270441858' post='2248544']
Same circular logic we've always seen from raiders, its all about your sovereign rights to do as you please, but somehow the targets don't have a sovereign right to not get their !@#$ blown away with no warning.

Even aside from that, it smacks of whining, many raiding alliances have a policy that amounts to "you are on your own if your tech raid goes bad", but it meant little because really how often to tech raids go bad? Now you've just been warned your wars might actually have some risk attached to them and your are upset.

Somehow I can't work up much sympathy.
[/quote]
Sure they have a sovereign right to do as they please.

They have the right to attack any nation they wish.
They have the right to be in peace mode.
They have the right to join an AA.
They have the right to change their AA to another alliances AA and ghost that AA, and hopefully last there without getting declared on by that alliance.
They have the right to set their AA to some weird name to hide themselves.
They have the right to join Tech Guilds that alliances have stated that they will protect.
They have the right to defend themselves or peace out.

What they choose to do is their business. Just like what raiders or alliances decide to do for unaligned nations and unprotected AA is their business.

And what warning does alliances have from any nation that they are going to get blown away? Lets send each other pm's before we war and warn each other that I'm going to attack your nation. LOL not much warring would ever take place let it be a nation to nation war, or an alliance war. Everyone would hit peace mode because of a simple pm say hay I'm going to attack you.

Edited by Myworld

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' date='05 April 2010 - 04:38 AM' timestamp='1270442268' post='2248565']
I literally only did it because of this thread. LOOK AT THE SUFFERING YOU'VE CAUSED
[/quote]
Your action reminds me of one evening late in November of 06 when Kevin the Great went on one such protest with many of his green brothers.