The Freedom of The Seas

[quote name='Guffey' date='04 April 2010 - 12:22 AM' timestamp='1270354927' post='2247216']
This is not a pact meant to take away anyone else right to raid. Yes you have that right to raid, but we have the right to also help those who have been raided. Any alliance interesting in joining, may do so by contacting one of the signatory alliances.
[/quote]

You have to sign a pact in order to help raid victims? You can do this sort of thing without a pact binding you to do so, you know. You don't need to be bound by contract to extend a helping hand or send an informative message. But if it takes a treaty to force you to do something that those against tech raiding have been crying about for years then all the power to you. I suppose it's about time someone took the initiative instead of just complaining and pounding their chests. The only thing I'll be interested in seeing is how long this will last and how effective it will truly be. Good luck.

Oh, and here's something of interest. Notice the date.

[quote]Session Start: Fri Feb 26 21:14:45 2010
Session Ident: Anonymous
21:14 Session Ident: Anonymous (Anonymous@coldfront.net)
21:14 •
21:14 • Query with Anonymous/Anonymous@coldfront.net opened on Friday, February 26th 2010, 21:14:45.
21:14 • Total queries: 1069/~5 per day
21:14 • Queries today: 16
21:14 • Common channels: +#RoK +#ria +#IAA %#csn +#corporation
21:14 •
21:14
21:14 Anonymous • #fos Freedom of the Seas Pact, Meeting 9pm EST on Saturday to hash out everything| Ajoin this tia || Definitie: CB, Enclave, TMF, Avalon, AoDB, TJO, SLAP || Likely: VE, NV, POT || Maybe: NpO, NADC, OH, Sparta, NEAT, SC, ZDP || Declined: GATO, TOP, Invicta, Ninjas || Updated Pact/Signatures: http://tinyurl.
21:14 Anonymous • #fos topic set by Guffey[Avalon] on Thu Feb 25 19:11:36
21:14 EmperorMarx • Yeah lol
21:14 Anonymous • it's still on his /whois
21:15 EmperorMarx • !@#$@#$ tard
21:15 EmperorMarx • people need to learn how to hide their crap
21:15 Anonymous • lol yeah
21:15 Anonymous • I like WC, but this is bound to fail[/quote]

I can only imagine why several of the names on that list didn't sign.

Edited by Emperor Marx

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Mr Damsky' date='03 April 2010 - 11:40 PM' timestamp='1270356036' post='2247241']
3. It's not anyone's right to assist unaligned nations or alliances without protectorate agreements. [/quote]

I'm amused at people who think they have a right to attack anyone who isn't protected by the treaty web, but at the same time argue that nobody has a right to assist anyone who isn't part of the treaty web.

If I see you mug a little old lady, I don't need paperwork to get involved.

[quote name='Londo Mollari' date='04 April 2010 - 12:03 AM' timestamp='1270357397' post='2247267']
Defending small nations from unaligned raiders may actually be a pretty good service to the community. A lot of new players may quit if the first thing that happens to them is if they get raided by some newbie unaligned while they are small.
[/quote]

Londo, why do you think that people who are attacked by an unaligned raider would decide "I need to leave the game, this sucks" and at the same time pretend that if they get raided by an alliance, that they'll be fine with it? Either way, they are getting jumped. If it's one of the raiding alliances, they are probably getting jumped 3 vs 1.

[quote name='Alterego' date='04 April 2010 - 08:04 AM' timestamp='1270386259' post='2247462']
I will challenge this as often as I can, off to find a target. Unalligned people are unalligned by choice. Who are you to force your defence of them upon them?
[/quote]

Who are you to force your attacks on them?

Raiders are amusing. They like to bully people smaller than they are, but even a hint that someone might actually help the little guy sets the the raiders off screaming and crying.

[quote name='Baldr' date='04 April 2010 - 04:03 PM' timestamp='1270411402' post='2247769']
Raiders are amusing. They like to bully people smaller than they are, but even a hint that someone might actually help the little guy sets the the raiders off screaming and crying.
[/quote]

I see no crying. Only mocking, doubts and mild amusement from my fellow compatriots.

[quote name='kriekfreak' date='04 April 2010 - 09:08 AM' timestamp='1270386495' post='2247463']
I hate to agree with Alterego here but if they don't want to be techraided they can always join an alliance.
[/quote]

That was true once but no longer. We have seen several raids of decent sized alliances as of late. The return of farce alliances calling themselves GOONS and \m/ and the way they raid has caused a backlash just like before only this time faster. I would be willing to bet we have only begun to see the push back.

[quote name='Emperor Marx' date='04 April 2010 - 12:48 PM' timestamp='1270410472' post='2247753']
You have to sign a pact in order to help raid victims? You can do this sort of thing without a pact binding you to do so, you know. You don't need to be bound by contract to extend a helping hand or send an informative message. But if it takes a treaty to force you to do something that those against tech raiding have been crying about for years then all the power to you. I suppose it's about time someone took the initiative instead of just complaining and pounding their chests. The only thing I'll be interested in seeing is how long this will last and how effective it will truly be. Good luck.
[/quote]

We don't need to sign a pact in order to help raid victims. Some of the individual signatories have been helping raid victims before the pact was announced. What the pact allows us to do is coordinate and work with each other in order to efficiently help tech raid victims. Also, this treaty does not force the signatories to help tech raid victims. Thank you for your well wishes.

[quote]
Oh, and here's something of interest. Notice the date.

I can only imagine why several of the names on that list didn't sign.
[/quote]

Most have stated that they would like to see how well we do before signing on.

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' date='04 April 2010 - 03:06 PM' timestamp='1270411553' post='2247775']
Raiding was a major source of recruits for \m/ back in the day. We've gotten a few this time around too.
[/quote]

Your raiding is a major source of recruitment for those of us who do not raid as well. :P

[quote name='The Big Bad' date='04 April 2010 - 10:14 PM' timestamp='1270412050' post='2247783']
That was true once but no longer. We have seen several raids of decent sized alliances as of late. The return of farce alliances calling themselves GOONS and \m/ and the way they raid has caused a backlash just like before only this time faster. I would be willing to bet we have only begun to see the push back.
[/quote]

Oh good, the mouthpiece for the illegitimate has once again provided his not-so-relevant opinions. There are no steering wheels in the back seat, my man. The only farce is your attempt to stir the drama colada.

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' date='04 April 2010 - 03:56 PM' timestamp='1270414586' post='2247815']
Everybody wins.
[/quote]
Not those who decide to quit because they were repeatedly attacked.

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' date='04 April 2010 - 03:56 PM' timestamp='1270414586' post='2247815']
Everybody wins.
[/quote]

For alliances, in the short term this is correct. However, alliance politics being such as they are...

Policy is not always a matter of either one does what is ethical or one does what is pragmatic.

Edited by White Chocolate

[quote name='nippy' date='04 April 2010 - 04:58 PM' timestamp='1270414713' post='2247817']
Oh good, the mouthpiece for the illegitimate has once again provided his not-so-relevant opinions. There are no steering wheels in the back seat, my man. The only farce is your attempt to stir the drama colada.
[/quote]

Yes, I never have any idea what I am talking about. In this case however I am just watching watching from the side lines. I don't need to stir this one. However the more you all go on fooling yourselves the easier it will be for the people who are stirring it. Not that they really need any help.

[quote name='Baldr' date='04 April 2010 - 01:03 PM' timestamp='1270411402' post='2247769'] They like to bully people [b]smaller than they are[/b], but even a hint that someone might actually help the little guy sets the the raiders off screaming and crying.
[/quote]

Emphasis mine. If you actually believe this you are completely ignorant about how the war system works.

[quote name='Azural' date='04 April 2010 - 02:01 PM' timestamp='1270414862' post='2247818']
Not those who decide to quit because they were repeatedly attacked.
[/quote]

Simple solution: Join an established alliance.

And for the love of admin, don't tell me new nations don't know about alliances.

Edited by Mr Damsky

[quote name='The Big Bad' date='04 April 2010 - 08:14 PM' timestamp='1270412050' post='2247783']
[/quote]
So much hate coming from the one who actually did the backstabbing, must be some sort of a mental affliction.

[quote name='Mr Damsky' date='04 April 2010 - 04:27 PM' timestamp='1270416415' post='2247858']
And for the love of admin, don't tell me new nations don't know about alliances.
[/quote]
Sure, they get flooded with recruitment messages. But why should they have to choose to join one of those alliances quickly if they don't wish to be destroyed?

[quote name='Azural' date='04 April 2010 - 02:34 PM' timestamp='1270416862' post='2247865']
Sure, they get flooded with recruitment messages. But why should they have to choose to join one of those alliances quickly if they don't wish to be destroyed?
[/quote]

Your point is moot. You can't be destroyed if you have nothing.

The only person who can tech raid someone of fifty nation strength is another nation of fifty nation strength. Plus international law dictates a nation receives one day to train its soldiers before it may be attacked. That's plenty of time to mull over your options for an alliance.

[quote name='Azural' date='04 April 2010 - 09:34 PM' timestamp='1270416862' post='2247865']
[/quote]
If those new nations are the object of this program it really doesnt effect the pro raiding alliances, only newbs can raid newbs

[quote name='Mr Damsky' date='04 April 2010 - 04:37 PM' timestamp='1270417044' post='2247867']
The only person who can tech raid someone of fifty nation strength is another nation of fifty nation strength. Plus international law dictates a nation receives one day to train its soldiers before it may be attacked. That's plenty of time to mull over your options for an alliance.
[/quote]
Because one day is just so much time. <_<

[quote name='Azural' date='04 April 2010 - 02:43 PM' timestamp='1270417407' post='2247876']
Because one day is just so much time. <_<
[/quote]

What can a new nation who, odds are, does not know the methods of global communication or the history of alliances really need to take into account when choosing an alliance?