The New Grämlins

Iotupa

[quote name='Starfox101' date='15 April 2010 - 01:02 AM' timestamp='1271307734' post='2260972']
MCXA back in the day was no different than MHA now.
[/quote]
Always stuck in the past, although I agree back in the day they were similar. A lot of people have changed from how they are in-game from how they were several years ago though. Many alliances are almost completely different.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Ashoka the Great' date='14 April 2010 - 08:38 PM' timestamp='1271302681' post='2260872']
So you're defending a position you don't understand?
[/quote]
No, I'm giving my opinion about the position from my perspective.
I have no capacity to speak on behalf of my alliance.

[quote name='Ashoka the Great' date='14 April 2010 - 11:38 PM' timestamp='1271302681' post='2260872']
So you're defending a position you don't understand?
[/quote]

Are you surprised that our good friend Matthew PK here would do such a thing?

I, for one, am not. :smug:

[quote name='Shamshir' date='11 April 2010 - 02:53 PM' timestamp='1271026368' post='2256654']
Tis an internal matter, and I just told you how we would use it. In my eyes as per the codex I would expect if you choose to unconditionally surrender IRON would get white peace and DAWN would have to pay tech reps. But all I have is my word and I can tell you if they are not terms I would take if the sides were swapped I'll happily join join methrage in his cause.

If you choose to believe the worst assumptions of those on the OWF then that's your call. I would have hoped people would know the actual member of my alliance a little better and not let their view be clouded by those who shout the loudest on this stage who will come to the certain conclusion that if you do surrender only the above terms i stated are what we will give.
[/quote]

The fact that your arrogance holds up the real peace talks is what has so many offended. It is arrogant to make an opponent cry uncle before punching him one last time. But if you punch him one last time and leave, then your point was proven. Making the opponent cry uncle and saying I may not hit you several more times or kill you is even worse.

[quote name='Matthew PK' date='15 April 2010 - 12:48 AM' timestamp='1271310508' post='2261008']
No, I'm giving my opinion about the position from my perspective.
[/quote]
Will you answer the questions about navies, nukes, and peace mode yet?

[quote name='Aeternos Astramora' date='15 April 2010 - 01:07 AM' timestamp='1271315243' post='2261070']
[/quote]

According to MatthewPK, the following two things are true:

1) He does not know what his government is demanding of IRON and DAWN.
2) Everything that people are saying about what his government is demanding of IRON and DAWN is incorrect.

I really don't see how these two statements cooperate with each other in any way, shape or form, and as such I do not understand why he's still talking. However, I am happy for him to continue, as he is being very entertaining.

[quote name='Aeternos Astramora' date='15 April 2010 - 12:07 AM' timestamp='1271315243' post='2261070']
[/quote]
In my opinion, demilitarization should include some nukes, some navies and some PM exits.

[quote name='Matthew PK' date='15 April 2010 - 02:16 AM' timestamp='1271315759' post='2261082']
In my opinion, demilitarization should include some nukes, some navies and some PM exits.
[/quote]
In my opinion, since Ramlins are refusing to officially define demilitarization, your opinion is worthless.

Keep !@#$@#$ that chicken, I hope it works out for you.

Perhaps all those members you keep losing will help us understand.

Edited by bigwoody

[quote name='Crymson' date='15 April 2010 - 12:13 AM' timestamp='1271315571' post='2261079']
According to MatthewPK, the following two things are true:

1) He does not know what his government is demanding of IRON and DAWN.
2) Everything that people are saying about what his government is demanding of IRON and DAWN is incorrect.

I really don't see how these two statements cooperate with each other in any way, shape or form, and as such I do not understand why he's still talking. However, I am happy for him to continue, as he is being very entertaining.
[/quote]

Sometimes I forget that you are deliberately mischaracterizing my claims; but I have to remind myself that you're not actually dense.

[quote name='Matthew PK' date='15 April 2010 - 01:20 AM' timestamp='1271315998' post='2261085']
Sometimes I forget that you are deliberately mischaracterizing my claims
[/quote]

Here's another thing you really need to get through your head: statements which are totally opposed by the available evidence are generally untrue, and such statements are very unlikely to be believed by anyone who is watching. The statement I'm quoting is an excellent example of this principle.

[quote name='bigwoody' date='15 April 2010 - 12:18 AM' timestamp='1271315868' post='2261083']
In my opinion, since Ramlins are refusing to officially define demilitarization, your opinion is worthless.
[/quote]

My opinion on the matter was worthless from the start; which is why I keep wondering why people are on my case about it.
If IRON/DAWN wants to surrender; they should go figure out how to go about it.

If they don't want to surrender, they should quit complaining about teh ebil gRAMlins.

[quote name='Matthew PK' date='15 April 2010 - 03:34 AM' timestamp='1271316839' post='2261095']
My opinion on the matter was worthless from the start; which is why I keep wondering why people are on my case about it.
If IRON/DAWN wants to surrender; they should go figure out how to go about it.

If they don't want to surrender, they should quit complaining about teh ebil gRAMlins.
[/quote]

You're not actually paying attention to anything being said, right? I mean, that's the most logical explanation for your failure to comprehend the gist of the conversation thus far.

[quote name='Crymson' date='15 April 2010 - 12:33 AM' timestamp='1271316797' post='2261094']
Here's another thing you really need to get through your head: statements which are totally opposed by the available evidence are generally untrue, and such statements are very unlikely to be believed by anyone who is watching. The statement I'm quoting is an excellent example of this principle.
[/quote]

The notions that I "don't know what my government will demand" and that "peoples' outrage is based on speculation" are not mutually exclusive.

You have no evidence; and if you do then I'm sure everybody would appreciate your sharing.

[quote name='Matthew PK' date='15 April 2010 - 01:38 AM' timestamp='1271317107' post='2261097']
The notions that I "don't know what my government will demand" and that "peoples' outrage is based on speculation" are not mutually exclusive.

You have no evidence; and if you do then I'm sure everybody would appreciate your sharing.
[/quote]

My evidence is that you have not been saying that people are speculating. You have---and in an indignant and wounded tone---been telling them that they are wrong; and with that tone, you have been insinuating that you are right.

If that wasn't your intention, I suggest that you clarify this to those listening. The condescending and overbearing manner in which you have conducted yourself thus far---and, needless to say, your actual dialogue on the matter---has certainly indicated the opposite.

Edited by Crymson

[quote name='Matthew PK' date='15 April 2010 - 03:38 AM' timestamp='1271317107' post='2261097']

[/quote]
If I tried to coup Ramirus, what do you my chances would be on a scale from 1-5, with 5 being highly likely. On the same scale where would you rate yourself and do you think anyone in Gremlins would have a highly likely chance?

[quote name='Crymson' date='15 April 2010 - 12:40 AM' timestamp='1271317206' post='2261098']
My evidence is that you have not been saying that people are speculating. You have---and in an indignant and wounded tone---been telling them that they are wrong; and with that tone, you have been insinuating that you are right.

If that wasn't your intention, I suggest that you clarify this to those listening. The condescending and overbearing manner in which you have conducted yourself thus far has certainly indicated the opposite.
[/quote]

I have, in fact, been saying that people are speculating and wrong; and both are true.

[quote name='Methrage' date='15 April 2010 - 12:43 AM' timestamp='1271317362' post='2261102']
If I tried to coup Ramirus, what do you my chances would be on a scale from 1-5, with 5 being highly likely. On the same scale where would you rate yourself and do you think anyone in Gremlins would have a highly likely chance?
[/quote]

[quote name='Methrage' date='15 April 2010 - 01:43 AM' timestamp='1271317362' post='2261102']
[/quote]

They have been conditioned to believe that Ramirus is God, or at least that he is a god.

[quote]
I have, in fact, been saying that people are speculating and wrong; and both are true.
[/quote]

You are making absolutely no sense in the context of this particular sub-discussion.

[quote name='Methrage' date='15 April 2010 - 08:43 AM' timestamp='1271317362' post='2261102']
[/quote]

I'd say a 5. In my time at Gre it became very clear to me that the 60-70 nations in the alliance were not complicit at all in the actions of its leaders. :lol1: He isnt a one man show everyone there is responsible, while I do find this somewhat entertaining on many levels it might be time to take a step back and refocus on the alliance not the individual.

Edited by Thorgrum

[quote name='Crymson' date='15 April 2010 - 03:44 AM' timestamp='1271317463' post='2261106']
They have been conditioned to believe that Ramirus is God, or at least that he is a god.
[/quote]
Seems they made a mistake in the conditioning, it should of made them believe I was the god. All those nations will need reconditioning again now, so I suppose I can volunteer to help Gremlins out with the internal reconditioning program to make it more correct. Believing Ramirus to be god can't be healthy, but I'm a different story and legit.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='scutterbug' date='14 April 2010 - 01:10 AM' timestamp='1271236215' post='2259879']
Oh another one who thinks he knows whats going on behind the closed doors of MHA eh?

Like anybody with any grasp of common sense can say, decisions take time to come to and time to act upon. Just because you see nothing in public does not mean something has not been started in private. Speculate as you wish but to start spouting rubbish thinking you know what goes on behind our alliance better than those of us actually in it is absurd.

As for being oppurtunistic w/e. We peaced out with IRON did we not? Think its Ramlins being the oppurtunistic ones keeping them in an eternal war. But i guess people fail to grasp that one still.
[/quote]

Problem is your government implies if there is any attack against ramlins you will back them...at this point. The opportunism is keeping a high end alliance on your side even though you have ideally moved apart. Either cancel, or say, "we do not agree, do what you will with our ally. We'll figure out what happens after the fact." So far it is we don't agree but stay off their backs cause in the future they may be valuable to us. Furthermore IRON said they aren't calling anyone else into the conflict so we don't have to worry.

This goes to all alliances currently claiming they will back Grem while publicly giving them a verbal lashing to save face.
Can you make a decision in a timely manner? I know...TOP speed lol.

Edited by Chalaskan

[quote name='Chalaskan' date='15 April 2010 - 04:01 PM' timestamp='1271318471' post='2261124']
Problem is your government implies if there is any attack against ramlins you will back them...at this point. The opportunism is keeping a high end alliance on your side even though you have ideally moved apart. Either cancel, or say, "we do not agree, do what you will with our ally. We'll figure out what happens after the fact." So far it is we don't agree but stay off their backs cause in the future they may be valuable to us. Furthermore IRON said they aren't calling anyone else into the conflict so we don't have to worry.

This goes to all alliances currently claiming they will back Grem while publicly giving them a verbal lashing to save face.
Can you make a decision in a timely manner? I know...TOP speed lol.
[/quote]

Are you really advocating we should string up a ally?

If your little brother did something wrong, you sort it out, slap him on the wrist and go on your way. You don't throw him to the wolfs do you.

Also we have made a decision, just because you don't like it will not make us choose another option more in favour with your taste.

[quote name='Matthew PK' date='14 April 2010 - 06:12 PM' timestamp='1271265153' post='2260238']Our position is that we will not meet at said table until IRON/DAWN demilitarize and surrender.
[/quote]
Therein lies the problem, such an offer is without precedence even during the bad old days of TC/Q, hell you guys are certainly setting a new disreputable standard.

[quote name='franciscus' date='14 April 2010 - 10:17 PM' timestamp='1271279840' post='2260465']
A shrubbery :P[/quote]
Very generous if i may say so :D

[quote name='Lusitan' date='15 April 2010 - 12:30 AM' timestamp='1271287808' post='2260590']
To a degree, just like ODN. Except ODN got relieved, at least for now, from their status after the attack they were [i]victims[/i] of.
[/quote]
heh we are still despised in plenty of quarters...much more so than MHA or Gre i would contend.

[quote name='Matthew PK' date='15 April 2010 - 06:48 AM' timestamp='1271310508' post='2261008']
[/quote]
And thank the lord for it, because you would not be doing a very good job if you were, but kudos to you for trying to defend the undefendable...god loves a tryer :P

Edited by Cataduanes

[quote name='Crymson' date='15 April 2010 - 01:49 AM' timestamp='1271292532' post='2260672']
I suggest you go back and read through the thread so that you may have the necessary context. If you do so but still cannot figure the matter out, then perhaps I will shower upon your undeserving soul some of my godly wisdom.
[/quote]

How predictable, I think I will somehow stand by what I said earlier ;)

If you can't see what he said as being a direct insult and an attempt to wind people up and have a cheap pot shot (which has NO truth to it) then you sir are clearly blind and I laugh in your face :D Spin it any way you wish, it's pretty clear to me and everyone else what he intended to say, in his snake like way.

Edited by Hiro Nakara

[quote name='nutkase' date='15 April 2010 - 09:18 AM' timestamp='1271319481' post='2261132']
Are you really advocating we should string up a ally?

If your little brother did something wrong, you sort it out, slap him on the wrist and go on your way. You don't throw him to the wolfs do you.
[/quote]

It would be totally dependent on the context of his crime. I would say the position Gremlins have put you guys in with their unwavering arrogance will require more than just a slap on the wrist to correct. Furthermore you have to wonder that with behaviour such as this is "little brother" far to big for his boots, in which case they shouldn't be relying on "big brother" to deal with their problems.

Likewise "Big brother" should do the write thing and not provide any support to enable the behaviour.