The End

Iotupa

[quote name='goldielax25' date='21 March 2010 - 12:12 PM' timestamp='1269169924' post='2232064']
Read the announcement again. He is correct, you are not.
[/quote]

[quote]As of this moment, the Grand Global Alliance officially issues a notice of cancellation of all treaties except those with MASH, the Brigade, and the United Jungle Accords and we will fully honor the cancellation clauses of each of these individual documents if necessary.[/quote]

Indeed he is. I stand corrected.

Good luck GGA although i am puzzled why this announcement is needed.
It does not change the GGA policy anything since this policy was adopted long before the current GGA administration.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Ashoka the Great' date='21 March 2010 - 01:56 PM' timestamp='1269176184' post='2232087']
Were it any other alliance, people would trip over themselves to hail its contribution to peace and stability on Green.

Objectively, it's a good policy. Well done, GGA.
[/quote]

It is without a doubt a good policy for green, but one which has been around for quite some time so announcing it makes little sense :(

[quote name='Andre27' date='21 March 2010 - 09:13 AM' timestamp='1269177217' post='2232091']
It is without a doubt a good policy for green, but one which has been around for quite some time so announcing it makes little sense :(
[/quote]

If when in charge, you guys were more about making and touting sensible policy instead of making yourselves constantly look like fools by putting your proverbial feet in your mouth, announcements like this wouldn't be needed by GGA at this time. Sadly, the old GGA relished being incompetent and the laughing stock of Bob so now there is a long road for the current leaders to travel to make GGA respectable again.

Edited by AirMe

Three years two late, and indeed rather pointless at this time (no-one seriously believes GGA could pull a move like that again, and besides you're already UJA signatories which declares pretty much the same thing), but welcome nevertheless.

Hmm, i always thought it was just good form to be nice to your neighbors. But to publicly announce your stance on it i don't understand. Sure maybe you've had a rough patch, but you're also apart of the UJA already. But to announce something most alliances do already, again i don't see the point to this announcement. It's a good policy though so i guess congrats for letting everyone know what that you do what most of us do already.

[quote name='Andre27' date='21 March 2010 - 01:06 PM' timestamp='1269173193' post='2232073']

It does not change the GGA policy anything since this policy was adopted long before the current GGA administration.
[/quote]
Probably because we threw out all the policies of the "old administrations" (and rightly so) and are reconstructing a respectable GGA in our own image.

So much haters.

If you find the doctrine pointless why even bother to reply?

I think it's a great first step towards green unity. Obviously there's more work ahead to get some unity on green but this is a good start imo.

[quote name='neneko' date='21 March 2010 - 04:46 PM' timestamp='1269186350' post='2232167']
So much haters.

If you find the doctrine pointless why even bother to reply?

I think it's a great first step towards green unity. Obviously there's more work ahead to get some unity on green but this is a good start imo.
[/quote]
Actually I'd say Green Unity is pretty damn strong right now. ;)

[quote name='Bob Janova' date='21 March 2010 - 03:04 PM' timestamp='1269180246' post='2232115']
Three years two late, and indeed rather pointless at this time (no-one seriously believes GGA could pull a move like that again, and besides you're already UJA signatories which declares pretty much the same thing), but welcome nevertheless.
[/quote]

[quote name='Byron Orpheus' date='21 March 2010 - 04:12 PM' timestamp='1269184323' post='2232142']
Probably because we threw out all the policies of the "old administrations" (and rightly so) and are reconstructing a respectable GGA in our own image.
[/quote]

I believe Bob Janova hits the nail on the head.
The new GGA administration did not cancel UJA and therefor did never "cancel" this old policy.
Even though i truly hope the GGA will grow you folks will have to do better than such an obvious PR stunt.

[quote name='Andre27' date='21 March 2010 - 05:28 PM' timestamp='1269188863' post='2232187']
The new GGA administration did not cancel UJA and therefor did never "cancel" this old policy.
[/quote]
As our Sovereign said, this policy does not merely refer to UJA signatories and as such is not redundant.

Your sovereign needs to read up on the UJA then:

[quote]
First Accord - Commitments to the Green Team

* i. The undersigned alliances do agree to refrain from any and all aggressive actions towards one another. This includes the use of spies, both in game and out, against each other, as well as unwarranted sanctions from Senators. If any member state of an undersigned alliance is found in direct violation of this article, the quarrel between all affected parties is expected to be resolved by diplomatic means.
[b] * ii. The undersigned alliances do agree to refrain from hindering any nation's or alliance's movement to and from the Green Team.[/b]
* iii. The undersigned alliances do agree to refrain from forcing any Green nation not under their own jurisdiction to cancel foreign aid or trade agreements. [/quote]

These "new" Emerald Doctrine does not state anything not already stated in the UJA.
Once again i wish the best for the GGA, but stop trying to invent the wheel or try to take credit for treaties predating the current administration.

[quote name='Andre27' date='21 March 2010 - 05:54 PM' timestamp='1269190481' post='2232204']
Your sovereign needs to read up on the UJA then:

These "new" Emerald Doctrine does not state anything not already stated in the UJA.
Once again i wish the best for the GGA, but stop trying to invent the wheel or try to take credit for treaties predating the current administration.
[/quote]
I would hope that you understand that there is a difference between hindering an alliance's move to green and never attacking an alliance on green. Under the UJA, the GGA would have been able to attack any non-UJA signatory on green without necessarily attempting to drive them off of the color itself. This is probably the sort of loophole that would have been exploited in the past by GGA, and it was obviously necessary to close it so that GGA would never have the opportunity to return to the state it was in before the new regime.

Well it is a good thing to try to rectify or apologize for past mistakes, but unless you do this from a position where you have a stable growing alliance such attempts will merely be seen as cheap PR stunts.

E.g. the old GGA administration did discuss a formal apology to GR and allies for the No-CB war, but it was decided to hold that apology until it could be made from a credible position. This situation is no different, although intentions may be good the current state of the GGA makes the statement look insincere.

SO, you basically just said that you won't just declare a war on a green alliance unless you have a CB? Well, I guess that IS a step in the "right" direction but I didn't realize that you need to make it a policy for it to actually have some impact on your thought process...

[quote name='Byron Orpheus' date='21 March 2010 - 06:05 PM' timestamp='1269191113' post='2232214']
I would hope that you understand that there is a difference between hindering an alliance's move to green and never attacking an alliance on green. Under the UJA, the GGA would have been able to attack any non-UJA signatory on green without necessarily attempting to drive them off of the color itself. This is probably the sort of loophole that would have been exploited in the past by GGA, and it was obviously necessary to close it so that GGA would never have the opportunity to return to the state it was in before the new regime.
[/quote]

I was under the impression that the new GGA charter also included a standing non aggression towards other alliances with the exception of the defense of itself or allies.

Since i was mistaken on that account the non aggression towards green nations is a step in the right direction, but perhaps your benevolent sovereign should add such a non aggression policy towards all alliances.