TOOL and TPF Cancellation

wukong

[quote name='suryanto tan' date='10 March 2010 - 01:29 AM' timestamp='1268202900' post='2220684']
We were disappointed that an alliance like TPF would accept a white peace offer after being attacked by 4 alliances for a week. For us, we should have made them pay, even if at the end we failed hard and miserably.

I know it is hard for you to understand that, but you do not really have to.

If Nusantara being attacked like that, we will mobilize all the resources we have and make sure that they pay dearly, even if it is clear that we will suffer even greater losses at the end.
[/quote]Fair enough.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='suryanto tan' date='09 March 2010 - 11:29 PM' timestamp='1268202900' post='2220684']
We were disappointed that an alliance like TPF would accept a white peace offer after being attacked by 4 alliances for a week. For us, we should have made them pay, even if at the end we failed hard and miserably.

If Nusantara being attacked like that, we will mobilize all the resources we have and make sure that they pay dearly, even if it is clear that we will suffer even greater losses at the end.
[/quote]

Reps that very well may have come had certain parties intervened more quickly.

[quote name='wukong' date='10 March 2010 - 05:17 AM' timestamp='1268198540' post='2220595']

The reason for the cancellation, if you must now:
[list]
[*]TOOL: a government to government discussion about the scope of our treaty reveals that there are many situation where what we thought should be [b]a mandatory defense but could become optional defense in their view.[/b]
[*]TPF: we were disappointed by how the aggression by GOD, Ragnarok, \m/ and Athens against TPF ends. [b]It could have been an awesome war.[/b]
[/list]
[/quote]
It sure could have been an awesome, shame people who feel so strong about it didnt rush in and honour their treaty. It will be interesting to see what treaties and unveiled in the coming weeks/months.

[IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l63/monkeydharma/thicon_salut.gif[/IMG] Suryanto Tan, GantanX, and the rest of the NEW gang - especially cousin wukong! [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l63/monkeydharma/thicon_salut.gif[/IMG]

"TOOL: a government to government discussion about the scope of our treaty reveals that there are many situation where what we thought should be a mandatory defense but could become optional defense in their view."

ahaha that one rings a bell :lol1:

[quote name='suryanto tan' date='10 March 2010 - 04:29 AM' timestamp='1268202900' post='2220684']

[/quote]

An understandable position, to be quite fair.

Edited by deSouza

Eh, its w/e...

o/ NEW

P.S. I am happy to see you guys making a nice shift in your FA.

Edited by Emporor

[quote name='Mykelemagne' date='10 March 2010 - 03:43 PM' timestamp='1268203701' post='2220698']
Reps that very well may have come had certain parties intervened more quickly.
[/quote]

[quote name='Alterego' date='10 March 2010 - 03:55 PM' timestamp='1268204449' post='2220715']
It sure could have been an awesome, shame people who feel so strong about it didnt rush in and honour their treaty. It will be interesting to see what treaties and unveiled in the coming weeks/months.
[/quote]

We would have rush in quicker if it is not for messages like this.

[quote]To: gantanX From: Desperado Date: 12/31/2009 6:09:08 PM

Subject: Hey

Message: DO NOT DECLARE YET, CONTACT ME, TCK, MHAWK, or AIRIKR ON IRC.

I will be back around update
[/quote]

Before assuming anything any further, can I kindly request you to talk to your government mhawk, JBone, and your military commanders during war first. Those who are active in Coincidental Coalition forum knows well about it.

We maintain good relation with our former allies in TOOL and TPF. Perhaps you do not aware that the cancellation is not happening now. It was long ago before the outbreak of the CnG - TOP war. And even after that, we maintain good relation, at least, at the government level.

Edited by suryanto tan

[quote name='suryanto tan' date='10 March 2010 - 07:21 AM' timestamp='1268205983' post='2220740']
We would have rush in quicker if it is not for messages like this.
[/quote]
I remember another message from an alliance saying that all MDPs will be ignored during a recent war, that alliance was NEW.

[quote name='Alterego' date='10 March 2010 - 04:27 PM' timestamp='1268206370' post='2220745']
I remember another message from an alliance saying that all MDPs will be ignored during a recent war, that alliance was NEW.
[/quote]

We issue that declaration of stance with clear conscience, seeing the future of our alliance are at stake, under the aggression of the neo-moralist. At the time of declaration, none of our allies (nor the allies of our allies) is involved in the war yet. It is bad enough if our allies support what we perceived as an aggression against us, it is unbelievable selfish if they asked us to fight against ourselves.

Fortunately, all our allies at that time, FEAR and WAPA (treaty with TOOL and TPF has been cancelled before that), has been very understanding. After notifying them, we proceed to post the declaration publicly.

Are you disappointed? How? Let me know if we can help you clarify things up or make you feel any better. But if by accusing that Nusantara was incapable to come quicker to your defense and then, that Nusantara is a dishonorable alliance, makes you feel better, than please go ahead. Do it. It is a free world.

Edited by suryanto tan

[quote]Are you disappointed? How? Let me know if we can help you clarify things up or make you feel any better. But if by [b]accusing that Nusantara was incapable to come quicker to your defense and then[/b], [/quote]

Alterego of Bog Land is from BAPS.. <_<
so what defends you expect from NEW?
we never sign any MDP with u guys.. -_-

so can u explain to us.. u are represent our ally? which one..
by that time it`s only WAPA and FEAR? and both is ok with our stance of neutral

is there other ally thats i dont aware of? :smug:

NEW, you do not have to explain yourself to anyone. I personally think you guys are amazing. Great fighters and have a fun attitude that isn't afraid of war. We need more alliances like yours. I've always wished you were on "our side" of this war and the last major one. You are on my top 5 list of alliances I would love to be allied to.

Also, we all knew that NEW wanted to defend TPF. No honor lost there.

Edit: :lol1: at Bilrow for making fun of an Indonesian alliance's English. Show a little class.

Edited by Steve Buscemi

What Steve says, although I would still like if we would war against each other :) I want ur tech NEW :lol1:

But seriously, this must have been a difficult decision for you guys. I know you liked TPF and TOOL very much.

Good luck to all parties involved.

Dia itu orang baik!

[quote name='kriekfreak' date='10 March 2010 - 05:22 PM' timestamp='1268209669' post='2220782']
What Steve says, although I would still like if we would war against each other :) I want ur tech NEW :lol1:

But seriously, this must have been a difficult decision for you guys. I know you liked TPF and TOOL very much.

Good luck to all parties involved.

Dia itu orang baik!
[/quote]

We have a treaty with FEAR, and we have no plan to drop it. FEAR has been an awesome ally to us. So, do not worry, we will still warring against each other. :)

TOOL and TPF also had been great allies, but we feel that their views and ours are very different. Thus, it is best that we do not treaty to each other for now.

[quote name='orangbaik' date='10 March 2010 - 07:55 AM' timestamp='1268208062' post='2220766']
Alterego of Bog Land is from BAPS.. <_<
so what defends you expect from NEW?
we never sign any MDP with u guys.. -_-

so can u explain to us.. u are represent our ally? which one..
by that time it`s only WAPA and FEAR? and both is ok with our stance of neutral

is there other ally thats i dont aware of? :smug:
[/quote]

I believe you missed something. You guys signed treaties with alliances and then thought it was fine to just say you will not honor them because it is against your beliefs. I'm sure you got permission to do so from your allies but it still don't make it any better of a idea in my eyes.
As much as I like your attitude and such as an alliance I didn't like that move at all.

[quote name='Left_Behind' date='10 March 2010 - 05:45 PM' timestamp='1268211060' post='2220795']
I believe you missed something. You guys signed treaties with alliances and then thought it was fine to just say you will not honor them because it is against your beliefs. I'm sure you got permission to do so from your allies but it still don't make it any better of a idea in my eyes.
As much as I like your attitude and such as an alliance I didn't like that move at all.
[/quote]

You make a valid point, actually.

This is the situation from our perspective. Please consider it kindly.

The treaty does not have a section that allows us to opt out during special circumstances like that one, no matter how we feel about supporting the neo-moralist. But at the same time, fighting that war will be against ourselves, our future, and our members. Thus, it only makes sense if we contact our allies, discuss the situation, and asking if they would not mind. We did and luckily, they understand our positions. The Nation Strength break down at that time also at balance, slightly favoring the FEAR's + NpO + TOP sides, which made our decision even easier.

We hold no regret at our decision at that time. If the history repeats, we will do the same.

Would Nusantara be a more honorable alliance if we left ourselves being stirred around by others without thinking at all about its implication in the future?

It is something to think about.

Nice to talk to you. :)

[quote name='suryanto tan' date='10 March 2010 - 09:15 AM' timestamp='1268212865' post='2220796']
You make a valid point, actually.

This is the situation from our perspective. Please consider it kindly.

The treaty does not have a section that allows us to opt out during special circumstances like that one, no matter how we feel about supporting the neo-moralist. But at the same time, fighting that war will be against ourselves, our future, and our members. Thus, it only makes sense if we contact our allies, discuss the situation, and asking if they would not mind. We did and luckily, they understand our positions. The Nation Strength break down at that time also at balance, slightly favoring the FEAR's + NpO + TOP sides, which made our decision even easier.

We hold no regret at our decision at that time. If the history repeats, we will do the same.

Would Nusantara be a more honorable alliance if we left ourselves being stirred around by others without thinking at all about its implication in the future?

It is something to think about.

Nice to talk to you. :)
[/quote]

I can understand your position and I am glad you handled it by speaking with your allies about it first then just coming out and saying We ain't honoring. To be completely honest I can't say I would have done it any differently then you have.

It was also nice speaking to you. Good luck.