OOC Strangereal Alternate Earth RP

Arieg

Present variables for spending your GNP which will also effect it (still working on how though)

Social spending.
Infrastructure spending.
Military Spending.
Technological Development spending.

+ people per km

Tax rate will also play a part (so I don't really have to worry about what kind of government you employ.)

Edited by Arieg

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again.. don't know.

Determining your average salary.

Avg Salary: 25,000 (feed this into the system below)
Population per square kilometer: (if greater then 650 -15% Avg Salary and -5% percent per fifty persons beyond that)
Tax rate: (If greater then Social spending -15% Avg Salary per 5%)
Social spending percentage: (per 20% of annual budget Avg Salary goes up 15%)

[quote name='Arieg' date='06 March 2010 - 01:41 PM' timestamp='1267901150' post='2216117']
Again.. don't know.

Population per square kilometer: (if greater then 650 -15% Avg Salary and -5% percent per fifty persons beyond that)
[/quote]

How are you determining these numbers?

[quote name='Voodoo Nova' date='06 March 2010 - 01:52 PM' timestamp='1267901854' post='2216129']
How are you determining these numbers?
[/quote]

Looked at the middle average wage for the top 20 countries in the world, the percentages I'll play with as I work this up.

[quote name='Arieg' date='06 March 2010 - 01:54 PM' timestamp='1267901941' post='2216132']
Looked at the middle average wage for the top 20 countries in the world, the percentages I'll play with as I work this up.
[/quote]

Why can't you let people create their own economies?

[quote name='Silhouette' date='06 March 2010 - 02:30 PM' timestamp='1267904120' post='2216157']
You could at least give people a chance to do it sensibly before removing the option all together...
[/quote]

This.

Also, considering the #20 nation in the world in terms of per capita income is ~$36,000, I have absolutely no idea how you came up with any of those numbers

[quote name='Arieg' date='06 March 2010 - 10:41 AM' timestamp='1267901150' post='2216117']
Again.. don't know.

[b]Population per square kilometer[/b]: (if greater then 650 -15% Avg Salary and -5% percent per fifty persons beyond that)
[/quote]

How big are our countries?

[quote name='Centurius' date='06 March 2010 - 09:26 AM' timestamp='1267896673' post='2216059']
I'd personally think you should have 3 GMs and only those 3 will be allowed to be superpower. It'd have a tie breaker, prevent bias and have a way to enforce rulings.
[/quote]
Definitely

On the issue of Stealth craft...the Superpower can just station some of theirs in the territory of the ally in question. That ally still can't develop their own, but they will still be handy for defense purposes. :P

As for size of nation...that cannot be determined until the scale of the map is more clearly defined.

[quote name='Subtleknifewielder' date='06 March 2010 - 05:02 PM' timestamp='1267913233' post='2216296']
Definitely

On the issue of Stealth craft...the Superpower can just station some of theirs in the territory of the ally in question. That ally still can't develop their own, but they will still be handy for defense purposes. :P

As for size of nation...that cannot be determined until the scale of the map is more clearly defined.
[/quote]

I'm about to employ a golden bullet and nail all of the present issues, I'll submit it once I've worked on the kinks, get your input and adjust it (if the raves are justified) and then hopefully I can finally start work on my bloody nation lol.

[quote name='iKrolm' date='06 March 2010 - 08:48 PM' timestamp='1267908775' post='2216228']
How big are our countries?
[/quote]

This. How the hell do I see how big my nation is?

And in response to Cent's suggestion, I think it's a good idea, unless one doesn't want to be a superpower.

Also, I think Voodoo should be one of those 3 GMs. He's shown a willingness to think to the contrary, in a sensible way, and, considering he doesn't have a nation, isn't biased.

[quote name='Voodoo Nova' date='06 March 2010 - 02:19 PM' timestamp='1267903478' post='2216152']
Why can't you let people create their own economies?
[/quote]

They will through exports to add to their annual budget (which I'm still trying to figure out how to get out of the GNP).

[quote name='Canaris' date='06 March 2010 - 09:19 PM' timestamp='1267928626' post='2216529']
If Voodoo Nova doesn't have a country and has not announced his involvement in this RP, then why has he posted in one of it's threads?
[/quote]

Oh, I'm involved. You'll see shortly.

I can post in one of these threads for two reasons:

1. Because I can

2. When I see something stupid, I tend to call it regardless of my direct involvement.

[quote name='Arieg' date='07 March 2010 - 01:30 AM' timestamp='1267925731' post='2216475']
They will through exports to add to their annual budget (which I'm still trying to figure out how to get out of the GNP).
[/quote]

Now you're forcing us to limit our budgets to your standards?

[quote name='Arieg' date='06 March 2010 - 08:30 PM' timestamp='1267925731' post='2216475']
[/quote]

mmhm. You know, two of the three largest economies in the world are based on consumption and importation, not exportation.

[quote name='Mergerberger II' date='07 March 2010 - 12:08 AM' timestamp='1267938789' post='2216674']
mmhm. You know, two of the three largest economies in the world are based on consumption and importation, not exportation.
[/quote]

Its called a post industrial society or a white collar nation.

Or post industrial service economy.

Edited by Arieg

Well, ive slowly watched this thread go from good and flying high, and then shot down in a burning spiral of fail.
Redtape, One Fuher running the show, and everyone who know what they are talking about being completly stonewalled by the Fuher.

You want this to work, then stop being a douche and actually take onboard what people are saying and use it to your advantage. the world works in compromise and negotiation.
All i am seeing is the whip being cracked and the mob fighting back.

[quote name='Zoot Zoot' date='07 March 2010 - 07:56 AM' timestamp='1267966886' post='2216820']
Well, ive slowly watched this thread go from good and flying high, and then shot down in a burning spiral of fail.
Redtape, One Fuher running the show, and everyone who know what they are talking about being completly stonewalled by the Fuher.

You want this to work, then stop being a douche and actually take onboard what people are saying and use it to your advantage. the world works in compromise and negotiation.
All i am seeing is the whip being cracked and the mob fighting back.
[/quote]

Wow... just wow. Again, this is why we can't have nice things.

Edited by Executive Minister

[quote name='Arieg' date='07 March 2010 - 01:11 AM' timestamp='1267942600' post='2216701']
Its called a post industrial society or a white collar nation.

Or post industrial service economy.
[/quote]

My point was that it is not based on exporting goods, which is what it seemed you wanted to base the economies of everyone on. Economies based on exportation have not been the primary one used across the world since the end of the Imperialist Era. If that is not what you meant, I apologize for misinterpreting it.

I await this 'golden bullet'. Though making a bullet from gold seems like a bit of a waste to me :P