OOC Strangereal Alternate Earth RP

Arieg

[quote name='Voodoo Nova' date='07 March 2010 - 11:08 PM' timestamp='1268021610' post='2217617']
How to keep your customer in 2 simple steps:

1. Listen to your customer

2. Compromise and implement what your customer wants

If you don't do both, this RP will die.
[/quote]

Customers are retards. That is fact and ask anyone in retail.

I'd rather wait this out and see what Arieg has in mind, no offense.

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Executive Minister' date='07 March 2010 - 11:25 PM' timestamp='1268022618' post='2217630']

[/quote]

I can already tell where this RP will go if restrictions are not loosened. It will go where AERP, MRP, ERP, etc went.

[quote name='Voodoo Nova' date='07 March 2010 - 11:32 PM' timestamp='1268023022' post='2217633']
I can already tell where this RP will go if restrictions are not loosened. It will go where AERP, MRP, ERP, etc went.
[/quote]

Well, we're just going to have to give this incarnation of AERP a shot, now won't we. I mean, no restrictions=ERP, ambiguous restrictions=MRP, this is our last hope.

[quote name='Executive Minister' date='08 March 2010 - 04:37 AM' timestamp='1268023359' post='2217642']
Well, we're just going to have to give this incarnation of AERP a shot, now won't we. I mean, no restrictions=ERP, ambiguous restrictions=MRP, this is our last hope.
[/quote]

Too many restrictions = SRRP

CNRP's restriction levels are a perfect center. We just need to regulate SRRP similarly, but without IG statistical help.

[quote name='Drakedeath' date='07 March 2010 - 11:52 PM' timestamp='1268024245' post='2217656']
Too many restrictions = SRRP

CNRP's restriction levels are a perfect center. We just need to regulate SRRP similarly, but without IG statistical help.
[/quote]

Wait a minute, isn't SRRP Strangereal RP? And isnt AERP Alternate Earth RP? Isn't this SRAERP then?

[quote name='Executive Minister' date='07 March 2010 - 11:25 PM' timestamp='1268022618' post='2217630']

[/quote]

Retail clerks are retards. That is fact and ask anyone who has ever bought something.

If this 'golden bullet' is not what I hope, I plan to leave this RP and watch it die.

Edited by Mergerberger II

[quote name='Sargun' date='08 March 2010 - 01:06 AM' timestamp='1268010645' post='2217406']
That wasn't an alternate CNRP, that was a superhero RP :P
[/quote]

Easily the most epic alternate RP here :P

EDIT: Also, you guys don't know how to have fun. I don't mean to say it like that, but here's the problem with the alternate RPs. Its not that they're over regulated or under regulated, or whatever, its that there's a fear that the RP is going to die and that the time you put in writing towards it was all for moot. Now, if you do nothing but one-liners, it doesn't really matter either way, cause it only takes a few minutes to do a one-liner if that. But if you do anything more, which is the majority of this RP board. That's not how it works. Personally I could give a damn whether its overegulated or underregulated, the RP to survive needs a storyline. MRP had a storyline for a time, or at least individuals did, Vince and Drake had their Viking thing and me and Sargun had our war, and while I was outnumbered God only knows how much at the Battle of Metz, it was fun writing it.

Spore lasted a long time because people created storylines.

Heroes, heck I'm thinking of doing a post in it in a little bit. It had a storyline.

CNRP(R) was lulzy.

Medieval was cool, it wasn't that it was under regulated, though you guys can say all that and who knows maybe it was. But whatever.

ERP had a storyline, creaming Stig's Britain, then that was it.

Strangereal can have a storyline and it can survive, if you give it life. Sorry to tell you but war's written about X to Y, they don't have life, you get bored with them. Countries that just give, 'hai I'm doing this today', don't have life. You want something to live, give your story, give your RP life. Otherwise, just stop talking about it, cause you're just washing your breath, and not to mention, killing your keyboard for no reason at all. (Betting someone lectures me about keyboard life).

But hey that's my two cents...take it or leave it.

Edited by Sarah Tintagyl

Science has proven that the attention span of most people is absurdly low. I gave up a long time ago on constructing elaborate storylines or writing short novels (I used to, believe me). Something else this taught me: you don't have to be long-winded to give a storyline life - but on the other side of the coin, not everyone seems to be here to write a story. A good majority of people seem to be here to compete, which is a shame, but that's true in any RP setting. As a result, I see no reason to craft my stories as I would have in the past. It would be a waste of time and the crux of any issue would be lost on the readers; not because they're incapable, but because they don't really care. I'll just go with the flow.

[quote name='Canaris' date='08 March 2010 - 05:37 PM' timestamp='1268070155' post='2218092']
Science has proven that the attention span of most people is absurdly low. I gave up a long time ago on constructing elaborate storylines or writing short novels (I used to, believe me). Something else this taught me: you don't have to be long-winded to give a storyline life - but on the other side of the coin, not everyone seems to be here to write a story. A good majority of people seem to be here to compete, which is a shame, but that's true in any RP setting. As a result, I see no reason to craft my stories as I would have in the past. It would be a waste of time and the crux of any issue would be lost on the readers; not because they're incapable, but because they don't really care. I'll just go with the flow.
[/quote]

Going with the flow is the best thing you can do Canaris, honestly, it is. You just have to hope that everyone else is cool with going with the flow as well. You get a relaxed playing board and you'll be fine.

Avg Salary: 5.0 starting points (if population is greater then 350 million -.4 points per 50 million)
Tax rate: (-.2 points per 5% after 25%)(please keep this in multiples of five)(this percentage is also what will be your national budget out of your total GNP)
Social spending percentage: (per 15% of total budget Avg salary +.15 points)(please keep this in multiples of 15)

Average Salary(Population):

National Budget: (amount determined by your tax rate)

Social spending, Technological Development, infrastructure, and military will be the elements on your budget.
Social spending should be obvious.

Technological development is going to determine what kinds of items you get to employ in both civilian and military applications. Such as a space program or nuclear weapons program.

Infrastructure will effect the average salary as soon I figure out how to tie it in, this basically determines how well your country is kept up.
Such as those who spend jack on this are basically third world.

And military is.. well military, your biological, chemical, and nuclear weapon programs will draw out of this (for nuclear weapons theres going to be a flat cost per warhead for annual upkeep). In addition there will be a flat percentage cost for supply and logistics (which will have a modifier for times of war).
Stealth will also draw out of this and there will also be a requirement on research spending + the individual annual cost per stealth aircraft.

*Awaits input for modifications*

Edited by Arieg

[quote name='Arieg' date='08 March 2010 - 01:40 PM' timestamp='1268073916' post='2218135']
Avg Salary: 5.0 starting points (if population is greater then 350 million -.4 points per 50 million)
Tax rate: (-.2 points per 5% after 25%)(please keep this in multiples of five)(this percentage is also what will be your national budget out of your total GNP)
Social spending percentage: (per 15% of total budget Avg salary +.15 points)(please keep this in multiples of 15)

Average Salary(Population):

National Budget: (amount determined by your tax rate)

Social spending, Technological Development, infrastructure, and military will be the elements on your budget.
Social spending should be obvious.

Technological development is going to determine what kinds of items you get to employ in both civilian and military applications. Such as a space program or nuclear weapons program.

Infrastructure will effect the average salary as soon I figure out how to tie it in, this basically determines how well your country is kept up.
Such as those who spend jack on this are basically third world.

And military is.. well military, your biological, chemical, and nuclear weapon programs will draw out of this (for nuclear weapons theres going to be a flat cost per warhead for annual upkeep). In addition there will be a flat percentage cost for supply and logistics (which will have a modifier for times of war).
Stealth will also draw out of this and there will also be a requirement on research spending + the individual annual cost per stealth aircraft.

*Awaits input for modifications*
[/quote]

Where did you develop these numbers? Why is it that nations over 350 million have a worse average salary than smaller nations? What about those nations RP a great economy where they have the ability to have 600 million people to have an extremely high average salary?

[quote name='Voodoo Nova' date='08 March 2010 - 01:49 PM' timestamp='1268074448' post='2218143']
Where did you develop these numbers? Why is it that nations over 350 million have a worse average salary than smaller nations? What about those nations RP a great economy where they have the ability to have 600 million people to have an extremely high average salary?
[/quote]

For lack of a better term I pulled them out of thin air, this is still a prototype system so If you have better numbers please suggest them.

As a balancing act to prevent people from merely creating massive populations to boost their capabilities, if China is any indication this doesn't work. If you have a better solution besides leaving it to the RPer then I'm all ears.

The fact is all of our nations (except maybe Elrich's) have a certain portion of the population with huge salaries but you also have those with average salaries and then the unemployed and homeless. You can't have a perfect economy its just not feasible, having more people only worsens this problem.

Now instead of shooting it full of holes provide some suggestions.

[quote name='Arieg' date='08 March 2010 - 01:58 PM' timestamp='1268074972' post='2218149']
For lack of a better term I pulled them out of thin air, this is still a prototype system so If you have better numbers please suggest them.

As a balancing act to prevent people from merely creating massive populations to boost their capabilities, if China is any indication this doesn't work. If you have a better solution besides leaving it to the RPer then I'm all ears.

The fact is all of our nations (except maybe Elrich's) have a certain portion of the population with huge salaries but you also have those with average salaries and then the unemployed and homeless. You can't have a perfect economy its just not feasible, having more people only worsens this problem.

Now instead of shooting it full of holes provide some suggestions.
[/quote]

The RPer creates their nation, their economy, their population, their way of life, their standard of living. Their RP should determine how their economy is, not some arbitrary equations designed to limit people. China has a population of 1 billion and has one of the largest economies in the world (arguably the largest market of any economy in the world). They are still a heavy agriculture society and a poor choice to base your reasoning for screwing large populations off of. Nations with less people, like many in Africa, have an average salary of ~450 American Dollars. So population is a poor choice to base the average salary off of in the first place.

My suggestion is, give the RPers the freedom to develop the economy IC. Reasonable expectations and respect for the Rpers go a long way. It is obvious when someone does something unreasonable and 99% of the other RPers will call out people when they do such things. Put faith in the RPer and the RP will develop itself. Allow people to grow and if you want people to have some semblance of budget, just have people percent out what they will spend their revenue on. People are smart. Give them credit for the development of their nations based off nothing.

[quote name='Arieg' date='08 March 2010 - 10:40 AM' timestamp='1268073916' post='2218135']
-snip-
[/quote]

This doesn't take into account tariffs or passage-fees. (As in a ship pays to travel through a country's waters; given the location of Bastillo, this should be a modest sum.)

[quote name='Arieg' date='08 March 2010 - 04:32 PM' timestamp='1268084239' post='2218304']
Alright.... I'm going to trust you guys, though I do have one condition, technological emergence will follow the real life timeline.

Agreed?
[/quote]

Before you do that....you'll need a time scale.

[quote name='Arieg' date='08 March 2010 - 05:01 PM' timestamp='1268085992' post='2218346']
I was hoping we could leave that dependent from RP to RP, though I suppose the average for you guys would be around 1 real life day would be around one IC week.
[/quote]

2 months = 1 year would serve the purpose better than doing 1 day = 1 week.

For technological advancements, you must have a dedicated scale anyways, or else someone can be in 1999 when another guy is still 1989.

Edited by Voodoo Nova

[quote name='Voodoo Nova' date='08 March 2010 - 05:04 PM' timestamp='1268086140' post='2218352']
2 months = 1 year would serve the purpose better than doing 1 day = 1 week.

For technological advancements, you must have a dedicated scale anyways, or else someone can be in 1999 when another guy is still 1989.
[/quote]

That would work.

And my suggestion wouldn't... :awesome:

Thank you. I will not overdue my economy, it will most likely be in a stable, normal economy. I have over 250,000,000 people, so can you raise the armys for the larger nations? 850,000 is all a 250,000,000 nation can have? I just want about 200000 more soldiers to balance it out.

Also, I am not going too far into military, I will mainly be working on space.

Ideas and keyboards!

Just want to check if this is okay.