OOC Strangereal Alternate Earth RP

Arieg

[quote name='Arieg' date='05 March 2010 - 09:10 AM' timestamp='1267798487' post='2214837']
I doubt most of the participants are that determined to be spiteful. As fun as playing an isolationist, destructive, genocidal nation is those don't last very long most of the time (North Korea is the exception).

Map as of now.
[url="http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p3/marines6103004085/maps/AECNbasewborderCN5.png"]http://i124.photobuc...ewborderCN5.png[/url]
[/quote]

This world is supposed to be an "Alternate" Earth, so if the majority of nations are as such, then they probably will last fairly long if they play diplomacy well.

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Voodoo Nova' date='05 March 2010 - 09:23 AM' timestamp='1267799277' post='2214848']
This world is supposed to be an "Alternate" Earth, so if the majority of nations are as such, then they probably will last fairly long if they play diplomacy well.
[/quote]

By alternate I just meant' continents and maybe a few political situations.

[quote name='Arieg' date='05 March 2010 - 09:44 AM' timestamp='1267800575' post='2214861']
By alternate I just meant' continents and maybe a few political situations.
[/quote]

With different continents, the political world (and the world in general, obviously) would be [i]vastly [/i]different to the point where possibly 0 of the nations that exist in real life would probably have ever existed in your world.

And yet we still find ourselves with a the various stereotypes, a Soviet Russia, a US, and possibly a North Korea.

Either way if people find that they can't RP the way they want to due to my decisions then why are they staying on board this RP? I'm not making them stay thats for sure.

Edited by Arieg

[quote name='Zoot Zoot' date='05 March 2010 - 10:23 AM' timestamp='1267802862' post='2214885']
Maybe because theyre hoping you will chill out on the redtape and give us some breathing space.
[/quote]

[quote name='Executive Minister' date='05 March 2010 - 09:00 AM' timestamp='1267797908' post='2214834']
This is HIS startup, we chose to partake of it, if we don't like the kind of rules or restrictions he imposes, why not leave and continue on with CNRP, or better still, start up your own?
[/quote]

Because is everyone was to leave without so much as giving it a chance, then all his hard work, rule making, making etc etc, will all have been in vain and a large waste of time.
Im a large believer in trying things once, even if some of the stuff involved seems abit sucky :)

[quote name='Zoot Zoot' date='05 March 2010 - 11:10 AM' timestamp='1267805737' post='2214916']
Because if everyone was to leave without so much as giving it a chance, then all his hard work, rule making, making etc etc, will all have been in vain and a large waste of time.
[b]Im a large believer in trying things once, even if some of the stuff involved seems abit sucky[/b] [img]http://forums.cybernations.net/public/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif[/img]
[/quote]

Not everyone is complaining about these rules. As for this being a waste of time, why do you care? Its Arieg's time, not yours.

As for the bold part, ding ding ding! Thank you for agreeing with me.

[quote name='Executive Minister' date='05 March 2010 - 09:00 AM' timestamp='1267797908' post='2214834']
[b]I'll just let Arieg do his thing[/b] and let the control of this RP universe go to him rather than the usual crowd, no offense to anyone.
[/quote]

Edited by Executive Minister

Just a side note, I think that saying there is a unilateral freeze on weapons production of any kind, especially chemical/biological, is wrong and will just encourage people to skirt around the rules. As a local power, I won't have nuclear weapons (yet) but chemical and biological weapons have been around since the mid-1600s in RL (they would toss cows infected with the Black Death over walls of castles to infect the towns), so there's no reason, even if production has stopped, that other nations (including myself) already have such weapons. Which, for OOC knowledge, I do have them and plan on continuing to make them regardless of what "international rules" there are to the contrary.

Of course, this is OOC and you wouldn't know this IC.

Alright quite a few revisions to get this off the ground.

UN membership at the beginning is voluntary, as are the various treaties.

However unscripted use of chemical, biological, or nuclear weapons is still off the table. (Unscripted: without the other side's agreement and prior knowledge in OOC)

As soon as the major events and UN thread go live this RP is open.

[quote name='Arieg' date='05 March 2010 - 01:23 PM' timestamp='1267813669' post='2215013']
Alright quite a few revisions to get this off the ground.

UN membership at the beginning is voluntary, as are the various treaties.

However unscripted use of chemical, biological, or nuclear weapons is still off the table. (Unscripted: without the other side's agreement and prior knowledge in OOC)

As soon as the major events and UN thread go live this RP is open.
[/quote]

Unscripted I can agree with. Not allowing us to have them I don't like.

[quote name='Subtleknifewielder' date='02 March 2010 - 05:38 PM' timestamp='1267580572' post='2212056']
[quote name='Subtleknifewielder' date='02 March 2010 - 05:24 PM' timestamp='1267579755' post='2212031']
Another thing that should probably be established...timescale. How fast does time go by compared with RL?
[/quote]

EHEM.
[/quote]

^ same question.

Considering the utter joke it has been turned into.... consider the UN a thread for IC discussion of international issues in front of the international community.

Time..... my head hurts... I'll deal with it tomorrow.

You'll live till the next revision.

Additional: The F-117 Nighthawk will be limited to superpowers only and even then at a limit of 15 aircraft.

Edited by Arieg

[quote name='Arieg' date='05 March 2010 - 07:17 PM' timestamp='1267834917' post='2215376']
Considering the utter joke it has been turned into.... consider the UN a thread for IC discussion of international issues in front of the international community.

Additional: The F-117 Nighthawk will be limited to superpowers only and even then at a limit of 15 aircraft.
[/quote]

Why limit such things?

Also, can people create their own weaponry and equipment?

[quote name='Arieg' date='05 March 2010 - 07:17 PM' timestamp='1267834917' post='2215376']

[/quote]

wtf? In what way does that make sense? Britain can make pretty much whatever it wants, and it is not a superpower. So can China, France, South Korea, anyone with sufficiently advanced technology.

Edited by Mergerberger II

[quote name='Mergerberger II' date='05 March 2010 - 10:57 PM' timestamp='1267848130' post='2215605']
wtf? In what way does that make sense? Britain can make pretty much whatever it wants, and it is not a superpower. So can China, France, South Korea, anyone with sufficiently advanced technology.
[/quote]

If you really want to get technical....the Nazi's flew the first stealth plane prototype during World War 2, so almost any nation with good R&D should be able to have them.

[quote name='Voodoo Nova' date='05 March 2010 - 11:26 PM' timestamp='1267849886' post='2215631']
If you really want to get technical....the Nazi's flew the first stealth plane prototype during World War 2, so almost any nation with good R&D should be able to have them.
[/quote]

And yet no one did before the US. If we're going to deviate from reality, we ought to go all the way. We shouldn't take a fact from reality and transplant it in a setting in which we've clearly deviated (on an epic scale). We can either contest Arieg's decision or attempt to justify it (a compromise would be better than an argument). One could suggest that stealth technology has only just recently surfaced which would be a good justification.

[quote name='Canaris' date='05 March 2010 - 11:30 PM' timestamp='1267850138' post='2215643']
And yet no one did before the US. If we're going to deviate from reality, we ought to go all the way. We shouldn't take a fact from reality and transplant it in a setting in which we've clearly deviated (on an epic scale). We can either contest Arieg's decision or attempt to justify it (a compromise would be better than an argument). One could suggest that stealth technology has only just recently surfaced which would be a good justification.
[/quote]

One could also contest the technology has been around for a century.

[quote name='Voodoo Nova' date='05 March 2010 - 11:37 PM' timestamp='1267850523' post='2215651']
One could also contest the technology has been around for a century.
[/quote]

I think that's more or less Arieg's decision. The best we can do is work with him at this point.

Stealth aircraft is an animal I completely forgot about... unfortunately its also something which I doubt would be very good for the overall present situation. So for now stealth technology is limited to superpowers.